Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2014 11:36 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Awesome, Jotaro turned that around against Dio. 2 more chapters to go...I'm guessing he will be defeated next chapter!
Aug 16, 2016 8:55 PM

Aug 2014
Oh how the tables have turned!
Apr 7, 2018 5:20 PM
Mar 2015
Expected him to do this once they revealed he can move during the time-freeze.
Didn't expect the steamroller though.
Dec 27, 2018 3:26 AM

Feb 2013
Haha, Dio never expected this.
Feb 13, 2019 1:49 AM

May 2016
DIO's so grand that he only wants to give Jotaro the most bizarre type of death he can think of by ramming a giant road roller on top of him. In a way, it'd be like he'll get crushed by the weight of the World because it's yellow like the Stand I guess.

Too bad for him that Jotaro finally learned how to stop time as well though, wow!

Jan 4, 2020 8:36 PM

Feb 2017
Dio with the extreme-level *taps temple* gesture.
May 12, 2020 3:34 AM

Jun 2016
I was concerned when Dio powered up because I’m not a fan of alternating beat downs. They are to build tension and hype and create a comeback factor but at times they can feel real artificial. Jotaro beats Dio to near death, Dio runs away and powers up, Dio beats Jotaro to near death. That isn’t interesting to me, what I find absolutely interesting are the situations in which there is a chance for both sides to find victory, no matter how small. For instance, when Jotaro was playing dead; another skill he inherited from Joseph no less, or the phenomenal way to put Jotaro at a disadvantaged state in having him be able to move for 2 seconds to counter Dio’s 9 seconds. It creates situations such as the magnet trick, or moments before the road roller attack where Jotaro always has a small instance to fight back. Sometimes I feel like I’d prefer to cut out all the oraoraora mudamudamuda beat downs as beloved as they are.

That said, my fear that this is what would occur when Dio powered up to phase 2 were largely diminished. Even though this did in fact happen, the ending and Dio's behavior made it constantly quite interesting. Recently, Dio finally started to absolutely explode in his emotions. Transcending his previous state made him nuts in ecstasy, the feeling of obtaining his goal and becoming the very strongest. Seeing his proud state as he tore into his own flesh and exclaimed his rulership was excellent. If Joseph and Dio are going to die in the same part, two characters we’ve loved for two parts prior, I’d like Dio to at least go out at his best. I’ll miss him, but I’m glad to see him reaching a state he could only imagine in Phantom Blood.

Going along with this, I can add more to my Dio analysis. I previously suggested that the crux of his reasoning to conquer was somewhat missing in this new Dio. Rather than doing it out of necessity to fight against his crippling insecurities, it felt hollow. As if he was following the path that he always followed even if he lost the purpose behind it, minus some validating sadism. Since he awakened, he was always working towards this moment, becoming strong enough to stop the one threat that remained. But after that threat was culled, he would have nowhere to go. Previously, he stated that to survive was to conquer your fears and for a man who sat at the top of the world, he would have done that. I think to survive is to conquer your fears, yes, but not the outcome of such an act. The act of fighting for your values is what gives you meaning and that’s why the Joestar Egypt Tour Group can die happy, and I think it’s why Dio is most ecstatic in these moments. We see him going through the process of adrenaline, the look on his face exclaiming: “I did it” says it all. This is the moment he lives for. But in turn, this is why I think Dio has morphed from a tragic child to a jaded someone seeking purpose, and it’s why, even if he won this battle, I don’t think he would be happy no matter how much he exclaims that he will rule over the world. He may find some joy in his rule, don’t get me wrong! But his purpose without the Joestar’s around to stop him will be null. For this reason, I find Dio misguided, and I can’t help but feel a little proud of him in a twisted way before his 5 seconds of fame are up and he gets a time stop beat down worse than he could ever imagine.
Feb 16, 2021 8:07 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
The iconic ROAD ROLLA DA. The muda muda vs ora oras were very nice lol. I can't believe there's only 2 chapters left

Jul 3, 5:21 AM
Dec 2022
ROAD ROLLER LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ITS SO STUPID AND PEAK

jotaro time

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

8 by Richard1222 »»
Aug 26, 7:28 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 46 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2014

10 by donkfingus »»
Aug 11, 6:13 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 152 Discussion

ClosedCX - Jul 11, 2010

38 by wallus81 »»
Jul 3, 5:29 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 151 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

9 by wallus81 »»
Jul 3, 5:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 147 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

8 by wallus81 »»
Jul 3, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.