Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2014 11:41 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
YESSSSSSSSSSSS, Dio finally died. About time. The world is at peace now, hopefully and Holly will be restored :)
Aug 16, 2016 9:03 PM

Aug 2014
GET FUCKING REKT DIO!!!
Apr 7, 2018 5:26 PM
Mar 2015
Didn't expect him to die like this.
Dec 27, 2018 3:28 AM

Feb 2013
Ok, never make Joutarou angry if you wanna win, lesson learned.
Feb 13, 2019 1:52 AM

May 2016
There were so many factors that contributed to DIO's defeat and all of that could've been prevented if he had managed to run away to heal his injuries. The World's time-stopping powers can cause an unimaginable strain on the body the longer he uses it and he was already at his limit when Jotaro suddenly stopped time. In addition to his injuries, he was given no time to heal himself because of his exhaustion and his hubris as a supposedly immortal being wouldn't have any of it. He's so arrogant that he actually put his worst leg forward thinking that it would be enough only for it to be his downfall.

He's dead. Gone. Defeated. Part 3's over!

Jan 4, 2020 8:44 PM

Feb 2017
The phrase "your reasoning stinks as bad as rat turds in the bathroom" does not strike me as something Dio would say.
May 12, 2020 4:28 AM

Jun 2016
The first time Dio was split in half it was no issue, but with Jotaro there to make sure he turns to dust, a true double tap, I suppose it's only fate. I was scared that Dio, one of my favorite characters ever, would not live up to his legacy. But, while no longer being personal and tragic in my eyes, he did create a sense of curiosity. While evoking a new image for himself and still falling back into the Dio we know and love, I really dig his portrayal. From his first moments he comes off as a distinctly new villain in the role that he’s taken, suited to the Joestars who do not have a personal relationship with him. His power was explored as cool as I could expect, he was genuinely terrifying and the lead up to his fights and his fights against Kaykoin and Jotaro made for some of the coolest moments in Jojo. In his final moments Dio must have gone from feeling like the literal king of the world to fearing for his life, a mirror of his experience with Jonathan, and that is just beautiful. I’ll miss him, assuming the tenacious little shit is dead this time. I really will.

“All I have is one simple goal… to win and to dominate! That’s it, that’s all that can fulfill me!” This line is quite powerful because in the sinister nature of it, it really represents how hollow he has become. It's not that he wasn't always cruel in this manner but it felt impulsive in his past, even in his seven year plan. Now, while feeling more rational, this fork in the road leading to death or a dead end is all that he seeks.

Jotaro was a blast too. The scary walk behind Dio, the simile to a man drowning and being pulled under, the sense of mercy that he gave Steely Dan and the final clash. “You made one mistake… just one mistake… You pissed me off.” Until the end, Jotaro was unbreakable and it was Dio who was dominated. The fact that Jotaro ended his one liner with a period gives all the more impact. I suppose the World and Star Platinum were genuinely twin stands and because of that, just as Dio accidentally tapped into time stop with the shotgun practice, Jotaro tried to. This fight also made me wonder if emotional power ups should be expected, if stands are souls or spirits, if someone’s will is burning then I imagine their stand would hit harder.

eski514 said:
The phrase "your reasoning stinks as bad as rat turds in the bathroom" does not strike me as something Dio would say.

To be fair, he did shout “lower than frog piss” in Phantom Blood when Dire punctured his eye. This chapter's line made me think of that immediately.
Oct 13, 2020 4:03 PM

Oct 2013
Quite a fast ending for Dio. That punch must've concentrated all the strength and rage Jotaro had and was able to gather up until now. :P
Feb 16, 2021 8:09 PM

Jan 2020
The fight is now over and the 18 chapter long arc is over as well. DIO was a very tough opponent but Jotaro defeated him in the end.

Now only one chapter left... wow

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 103 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2014

8 by Wrathu »»
Feb 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 30 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Dec 6, 2012

8 by Farm-key »»
Oct 22, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 29 Discussion

ViniSD - Jul 25, 2013

13 by Farm-key »»
Oct 22, 2023 2:34 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 14 Discussion

RX-782 - Feb 7, 2013

10 by Farm-key »»
Oct 20, 2023 5:49 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 95 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

10 by AragornLannister »»
Oct 5, 2023 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.