Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2009 3:43 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I am quite impressed by the first episode of Angel Heart. It follows the first two chapters of the manga extremely closely, and delivers each scene quite well. The art style, which is quite mature, may not be for everyone, but it also resembles the manga. The only difference is that they added the final scene with Ryo thinking about Kaori at the place where she died. I thought that scene was incredibly well done, with the music setting the mood quite well. It almost felt like a movie at the end there.
Feb 25, 2010 12:27 AM

Jun 2008
Damn. The characters from City hunter have matured so much, it's kinda sad. And Kaori is dead? God damn, gotta watch the rest, I guess.
Aug 14, 2011 8:04 PM

Jun 2007
Even if Angel Heart does become as repetitive as City Hunter, later on, without Ryo's pervy manliness to save it, I'm happy the series exists. I'm aware AH is an alternative universe deal, but knowing that Ryo and Kaori married and seeing them together post-CH was satisfying. And knowing Umi (ep 2) managed to keep going, in spite of his blindness, pleased me; his tsundere personality always getting a smirk out of me.

The first two episodes were amazing--starting a new thrilling series AND making CH fanboys emotional, all at once. The other episodes haven't been as great because of pacing issues (I'm up to ep 7), but I'm still lovin' it a fair bit. Good stuff!
Jun 25, 2014 11:25 PM

Jun 2008
Omg, That was a great first episode! I am loving it so far T_T OMG WHY WHY WHY WHY I love kaori and ryo booohoo I cried so much
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2019 1:04 PM

Sep 2011
This was a really good episode. It may be too soon to say this, but I'm already liking it better than City Hunter. At least I'm feeling some potential. I like how we got the protagonist's background from the start. The poor girl was trained to kill from a young age, and the more she killed, the more she died inside. She just wanted to escape from the agony, and tried to kill herself, but it seems she really is a precious tool, so they went out of their way to keep her alive, and now that she ended up with Kaori's heart, she has something to cling to: her new heart's memories.

The author said this is an AU, but it's still sad to see Kaori dying when she wanted to live, when things were going great between her and Ryou. It's just sad. Oh, and the character design didn't do Ryou and Saeko any favors, but I'll get used to it. And I almost take it for granted, but it's nice that they have the same seiyuu just like they will in the new movie.
May 29, 2020 8:24 PM
Jul 2014
As i though, this was really shocking for my little heart (how ironic). I cried so hard in the scene that Ryo finds Kaori after the accident... wearing the tuxedo...
Mar 15, 2023 7:45 AM
Apr 2021
just no, who though it was a good idea. Remembering stuff with a heart transplant

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Heart Episode 50 Discussion

AironicallyHuman - Aug 17, 2011

5 by Ranxomare »»
Nov 28, 2022 12:57 PM

Poll: » Angel Heart Episode 49 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 2, 2019

1 by Ranxomare »»
Nov 28, 2022 12:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Heart Episode 48 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 2, 2019

1 by Ranxomare »»
Nov 28, 2022 11:57 AM

Poll: » Angel Heart Episode 47 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 2, 2019

1 by Ranxomare »»
Nov 28, 2022 11:46 AM

Poll: » Angel Heart Episode 46 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 2, 2019

1 by Ranxomare »»
Nov 28, 2022 10:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.