Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2014 10:40 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Did they just underestimate Jotaro? Seriously, that is a bad idea.
Oct 1, 2014 11:02 PM

Aug 2012
lol, normally I'd complain about how they won here but there's something so ridiculously charming about a 7 year old Jotaro casually knocking out a stand user with his own little fists. The ending with the woman & Polnareff was pretty touching too, over half way through this manga & Polnareff still remains the best character.
Oct 1, 2014 11:35 PM

Jun 2009
Terrestrious said:
lol, normally I'd complain about how they won here but there's something so ridiculously charming about a 7 year old Jotaro casually knocking out a stand user with his own little fists. The ending with the woman & Polnareff was pretty touching too, over half way through this manga & Polnareff still remains the best character.

And he always will be the best character.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 15, 2016 2:40 PM

Aug 2014
Well played Polnareff.
Aug 3, 2017 3:38 AM

Jan 2017
The site where I'm reading this manga in this chapter the battle didn't finish yet. It was almost like the shining, breaking the door with his ax. Alessi = Jack
Karasuno Fight!!!
Dec 25, 2018 3:07 PM

Feb 2013
That was too smart for a three year old!
Jan 31, 2019 5:49 AM

May 2016
It's been a while since I've seen a regonizable horror movie reference and it's The Shining this time~

Alessi's frantically axing everything to look for Polnareff's hiding place only to come up with nothing is a pretty intense game of hide and seek. He was so caught off guard about Jean Pierre's secret hiding place that he let himself get his face sliced by him when he found out about it.

Jotaro found him and he's screwed.

Dec 29, 2019 7:15 PM

Feb 2017
This is no longer /ss/.
May 1, 2020 9:44 AM

Jun 2016
I had spoken about Alessi as a silly villain to do something creative with and beat casually. A fun outlet of ideas. However, I felt fear from this guy! I normally like complexity and sympathy and likability in villains in any order. But to make Alessi a disgusting, horrific bully was actually a great choice. It allowed me to see him as nothing more than a terrifying monster as I related with 3 year old Polnareff and wondered how he would survive. There’s also the thematic depth of him in that Alessi serves as the anti-Polnareff. Rather than being honourable and facing foes head on, he turns them into fetuses and kids to torture them.

Also, it’s my understanding that Jojo gets weirder and weirder as it goes on, and if this was any taste of that, I think I’ll enjoy the future. The jaw dropping insanity of Polnareff fleeing as Alessi stated: “What do you think you're doing, running around holding a dying fetus?” was enough to summarize it. But, it wasn’t just fear and curiosity, but heart. Seeing Polnareff’s sad eyes as he held the fetus and knew he had to fight fast to save her life and knew how hard it would be was like a level of emotional investment I didn’t expect. Further, it set him up to HAVE to fight Alessi, rather than fleeing after sneaking by him, say after hiding in something that he didn’t check. And it all came full circle, both in Alessi landing at Jotaro’s feet, but also in the fact that the shallow and fearful character has now left his advantageous strategy. He bullies kids because they are weak, Jotaro is massive so unless he gets Jotaro to shrink, seeing him get a beat down should feel good.

Of course, shining reference, rerorerorero, using the mirror like Polnareff was the Sun, and Alessi leaning in to get destroyed: Donovan from Battle Tendency style when he leaned into the cactus was all fun and good too. This has been a journey.
Feb 27, 2021 2:42 AM

Nov 2019
Am I the only one who noticed the reference to the Shining movie in this chapter?
Oct 5, 2023 8:17 AM
Aug 2023
Alessi pulled off a Shining reference! Here's Johnnnnyy

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 103 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2014

8 by Wrathu »»
Feb 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 30 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Dec 6, 2012

8 by Farm-key »»
Oct 22, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 29 Discussion

ViniSD - Jul 25, 2013

13 by Farm-key »»
Oct 22, 2023 2:34 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 14 Discussion

RX-782 - Feb 7, 2013

10 by Farm-key »»
Oct 20, 2023 5:49 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 94 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

8 by AragornLannister »»
Oct 5, 2023 8:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.