3It was OK
11.4%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.7
35 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2009 7:49 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Good ending
I was kinda surprised that Mion and Reina died. I just figured that they would just kill him and be done with it. But if you think back to one of the previous chapters, it mentioned Keichi as a suspect for a crime, so I guess I should not have been surprised. :P
Jan 22, 2010 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
Did anyone notice Rena's fat legs when she was lying dead in Keiichi's room? I mean, seriously, Rena's not fat at all. XD

Loved this manga, better than the anime! <3
Feb 13, 2011 6:58 PM

May 2008
It's been a while since I watched the anime so I decided to read the manga, and for what I remember it's seems it's faithful. Will keep reading more, there's a bunch of them and I don't think all of them are translated, I got my scans from mcanime.
Feb 13, 2011 7:02 PM

May 2008
It's been a while since I watched the anime so I decided to read the manga, and for what I remember it's seems it's faithful. Will keep reading more, there's a bunch of them and I don't think all of them are translated, I got my scans from mcanime.
Aug 24, 2011 9:33 AM

Jan 2011
The ending is awesome and mysterious at the same time. Really like some of the foreshadowing and hints at the end.

Oct 21, 2011 12:14 PM
Aug 2011
Do you remember what Rika said? (about baseball bat)
Dec 25, 2011 12:39 PM

Jun 2009
Great stuff. I especially liked how it showed Rika and Satoko's reaction to Rena, Mion, and Keiichi's deaths. A bit of foreshadowing in Rika's words at the end there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 16, 2012 1:31 AM

Sep 2009
This arc is so much more disturbing the second time around, once you know what's really going on.
Mar 10, 2015 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
I love Higurshi so much. Sad to see my dear sweet Rena-chan like that. </3 What a good arc though! I've watched the anime series and now I want to read through all the manga! Maybe try to pick up Umineko too after this.. ♥

I'm intrigued by the Frederica Bernkastel quotes in the chapters!
Feb 16, 2017 12:36 PM

Feb 2016
I really want to know why there was a quote by Bernkastel. I saw The anime but i don't remember her being there?

Feb 16, 2017 10:28 PM

May 2010
aliinetje said:
I really want to know why there was a quote by Bernkastel. I saw The anime but i don't remember her being there?

In the anime Bernkastel's quotes were at the end of each episode, after ending song, during the preview for the next ep.
Oct 10, 2018 5:59 AM
Mar 2015
Two volumes in and the main character's dead, but in the preview at the end he's alive...
Really curious as to how this'll make sense in the long run.
Jan 29, 2020 4:49 PM

Oct 2019
So at first I tried to watch the anime but my dumb brain couldn't pay attention, (probably cause the animation is starting to become outdated) so I decided to read the manga because of all the good stuff I was hearing about this series I didn't want to just drop it because of old animation. Took me like a hour to find a damn scanlation anywhere, (they probably all got taken down due to the announcement of Higurashi:Brotherhood) but man was that worth it. I love how this is more psychological horror than gore or shock even though it has all 3 of those elements. Anyway I essentially just came here to say I'm falling in love with a manga that most of yall read 10 years ago. Cheers mate, off to read the rest.
Apr 18, 2020 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
Much better than the anime adaptation of this arc which just glossed over the events. The manga was shocking, horrific, and very tragic.

My speculation is that Keichi was hallucinating the entire time. It was a great story of a character going insane due to paranoia.
Nov 3, 2020 11:35 AM

Nov 2016
This was thrilling.

It's been years since I've watched the anime and I forgot an awful lot, so reading through this arc was a nice refresher. It brought back barely enough to give me a good gist of the whole picture(but not more than necessary) in order for me to still have fun putting the pieces together.

That said, this is one of these stories you could go through over and over again, yet you will probably always get something new out of it. Hyped for the rest.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Mar 2020
RIP Rena and Mion. Like others have said, it's a pretty hard (emotionally) read when you already (either from the SN or the anime) know the solutions to the mysteries. It's pretty funny the Preview is for the 6th Arc and not for Watangashi, but I guess they wanted to tease this Arc's specific Answer Arc.
There's some neat details that point towards certain answers I recognised from having already read the Sound Novel, but I can't go into them without spoiling later chapters, but it's nice to see the amount of effort they've already put into making the series solvable - even if I found one of said details way too obvious.

Apr 5, 4:44 AM

Apr 2020
I didn't expect he would give in to believing in Oyashiro-sama's existence as early as first arc. But he's on the verge of death, so I guess I would too if I were in his place

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 6 Discussion

AniJournal - Jul 25, 2011

3 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 4, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 5 Discussion

The_Deity_Of_Sin - Apr 24, 2009

4 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 4, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 4 Discussion

4 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 4, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 3 Discussion

6 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 4, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 2 Discussion

7 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 4, 5:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.