Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2009 8:08 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Me saw this and system wants me to discuss. So I am here again. Great episode. More explanations about contracts (this has to do with some beast gone wild but then got back to good) and what happens when not respected.
What I liked:
-The whole picnic and relaxing of all (Misao, Tomoharu, Takatsuki, Shuri, Reishirou with his sister).
-Misao in soup pot.
-Takatsuki blushing and burning up (lost control of her powers a little because she got shy).

What I did not like
-Guess there is not much. Maybe the cowardice of that guy with contract to beast at beginning but he got guts quickly so me ok with him at end at least.

One of my favorite parts with Takatsuki. So funny and cute.

Rika and another favorite part

Breast complex is good and funny.

Wow, big change in monster. Good thing all finish ok.
Apr 26, 2009 9:20 PM

Apr 2008
Did you watch this subbed? If so where can I watch/download it?
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Apr 27, 2009 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
No, it's not subbed yet.
Apr 27, 2009 9:57 AM

Dec 2007
He is Japanese after all ;))
Apr 28, 2009 8:37 AM

Feb 2009
Is nobody going to sub this anime anymore ='(?
Apr 29, 2009 9:06 PM

Dec 2008
EuphoricField said:
Is nobody going to sub this anime anymore ='(?

chihiro is subbing
Apr 30, 2009 12:59 AM

Jul 2007
And taking their sweet ass time. Don't get me wrong Chihiro has reliable subs....their just so slow about it.
Apr 30, 2009 1:23 AM

Jun 2008
Chihiro sure is taking their time doing Asura Cryin. I have never seen them subbing so slow before.
Apr 30, 2009 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
Dude, ep 5 raw is already released and there isn't even a subbed ep 4!
Apr 30, 2009 7:49 AM

Oct 2008
In case people haven't noticed, episode 4 is subbed by Chihiro now.

I liked the episode. It does beg the question of how the hell they're going to make a good complete story with only 8 more episodes though, especially now with the added aspect of using the mech thing causing misao to disappear, supposedly.

The student council is as annoying as ever. Ironic that the supposed "good guys" are also the eaisest people to hate here, even knowing their tragic past. The 2nd student council is even worse as well.

All of this talk of contractors and demons seems to be strongly hinting at something between Tomoharu and Kanade, but at the same time, he clearly thinks of Misao more dearly than just as a childhood friend. If she was still living, the choice would probably be obvious for him and since his main goal and reason for getting in to to that stuff seems to be to bring her back, doesn't leave much hope for the likable Kanade.

It is too bad this series doesn't really have a lot of subber interest since (imo) it is quite a good series, one of the best this season.
Apr 30, 2009 8:21 AM

Dec 2007
Ep 4 was nice. So many action and

Apr 30, 2009 10:04 AM

Aug 2008
Falatorx said:
I liked the episode. It does beg the question of how the hell they're going to make a good complete story with only 8 more episodes though, especially now with the added aspect of using the mech thing causing misao to disappear, supposedly.
I'm not sure if they'll even try.

Not my favorite show this season, not by a long shot, but the story seems complex enough to say that this would have needed 24 eps instead of some other crap that's airing right now.

btw I'd probably like Kanade if she had a personality.
Apr 30, 2009 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
Falatorx said:
In case people haven't noticed, episode 4 is subbed by Chihiro now.

It is too bad this series doesn't really have a lot of subber interest since (imo) it is quite a good series, one of the best this season.

Wow, Chihiro took a long time to sub it. But it's finally out. This was a good episode and I don;t think they will go too in dept with the stoy line unless they plan on making another season.
Apr 30, 2009 2:09 PM

Aug 2008
The story isn't complex, it's just convoluted with a first student council, a second student council, a gang, machina, demons, familiars, androids, ghosts, not to mention all the trappings of a high school slice of life/romance with fanservice. I'm still not getting the point of any of this, and I suppose I'm giving the show the benefit of the doubt by saying it's a 3/5. But at the beginning of each episode I feel a little lost as to how we got to what I'm looking at. This show is just a mess.
Apr 30, 2009 2:35 PM

Sep 2008
Chibi Takatsuki was cute.
As long as there is going to be some romantic atmosphere that surrounds Tomoharu and herself, I'm satisfied with the anime. The explosions are just a bonus for me. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2009 2:40 PM

Jul 2008
Yay finally subbed =D

great episode, seems liike there are those mechas and familiars, that r like ur partnered weapon, pretty kool but i wonder wat happens when its a Asura Mecha + a familiar XD

xTHoWx said:

Wow, Chihiro took a long time to sub it. But it's finally out. This was a good episode and I don;t think they will go too in dept with the stoy line unless they plan on making another season.

yea all this info/stuff wont be done in 1 season its been like episode 4, and they finally introduced the other council. I just hope they go about with the main plot rather than introducing new characters each episode
Apr 30, 2009 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
This show is so ridiculously stupid I don't even know what to say. To much.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 30, 2009 2:49 PM

Jan 2009
It funny how the guy only accepted his familiar after it saved him and turned into a different form. Even though it was the thing that he was afraid of he just goes out and accept it just because he is about to die. Imo i think thats pretty pathetic

The scene with Takatsuki was pretty funny... kinda didn't know what she was doing there for awhile till i reminded it a little

for anyone that still cant find it heres the link: http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/asura+cryin+3#watch%3Dv18359448gddg4x2B
Apr 30, 2009 2:54 PM
Mar 2009
well this episode didnt offer anything to cover the missing info. It just added more Qs and extra story.

Familiars are the materialization of a contract between humans and demons. We didnt see the demon that mahira made a contract...

They have to do it ... i will asume kiss to make the contract dont expect sex... this is why they were stoped just before they kissed.

there is a ton of Q and no answers. I hated when things go like this. Either dont show the info, dont talk about things that need explaining and why tomo isnt actually asking anyone about all this ffs he is fighting in somethign he doesnt know without questions pff.
Apr 30, 2009 4:16 PM
May 2008
Well, like others have said subbers are taking their time getting the subs out, and as far as the episode goes it was alright. I find it hard to believe they'll be able to wrap things up within 13 episodes... seems a bit short.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 30, 2009 5:25 PM

May 2008
that was retardedly stupid,i have no idea who is attacking who

But at least it was a happy ending

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 30, 2009 6:06 PM

Sep 2008
greenmush said:

No wai. That big robot was attacking that other big robot attacking that wolf thing that was attacking that one robot.
Apr 30, 2009 7:35 PM

Jan 2009
Motoyama said:
greenmush said:

No wai. That big robot was attacking that other big robot attacking that wolf thing that was attacking that one robot.

i thought that it was the big robot who was attacking the other big robot who was attacking the wolf that was attack the gun chick who was firing at the other gun chick but hit the other two big robots and the wolf in the cross fire while the wolf was attacking its owner..... so everybody trying to get everyone else i guess

this whole thing makes my head hurt... at least their all on equal terms in the end ???
Apr 30, 2009 9:14 PM

Jul 2008
sso now we have familiars and a possible ally, and we meet the 2nd student council pres, who uses a pair of guns to bring down her prey, and more giant robots; plus a little romance from tomo and the fire starter
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 30, 2009 9:14 PM

Apr 2008
Hahas .. nice episode =D many funny parts xD

Apr 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Mar 2009
Best ep so far!! Rika, is awesome, Kurosaki was my fav character, not anymore, Rika=FTW!! It's still kind of up in the air what's really goin on, startin to get a grasp of it, but, It's fun, anyways!! And, if it turns out to have no real story, oh well, very funny, and pretty sexy anime, and it's only 13 eps, so have fun...Urahara Out!!
Apr 30, 2009 11:30 PM

Jan 2009
Feels like they put minutes of all 13 to come episodes in a grab bag. Then randomly grab the minutes and throw them into each episode...

Misao is about the only character I find amusing, the rest kinda don't really care about...
May 1, 2009 5:31 AM

Mar 2008
Well, it was not bad, though the episode's solution was totally generic and cheesy.

But it had the funny facial expression scene and lots of nice action with pretty good animation in these parts.

Since it's only 13 episodes I might as well stick with this even when it's pretty generic.

But I can't understand why some people wrote "was a mess", "chaotic", "didn't understand it". It was a rather simple plot and perfectly understandable, in my opinion.
May 1, 2009 5:37 AM

Sep 2008
this episode was terrible, this series got my hopes up for nothing it seems. The whole episode was a mess, terrible pacing and plot was just out of place. It also started like they missed out something between the last episode and this one. They poorly implemented this idea of the episode aswell as the new characters, it was rushed too much. There was ton's of lame comedy aswell. :/ this series could be a drop in the future now.
May 1, 2009 8:28 AM

Oct 2007
this show seems to be going nowhere. but since i'm like 1/4 done with it, might as well stick it out
May 1, 2009 8:32 AM

Apr 2009
it was idiotic.

when the main antagonist takes a piss with the 'hero' all is lost.

if they make it into a comedy, it has potential.
in your nostromo.

eating your crew.
May 1, 2009 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
There is just so much going on, it's still possible to follow everything, but alot is still unanswered, I feel like I'm really missing some points here and then.

At first that student council president was some sort of enemy, and now they decided to join forces and go happy camping? Eh.. That toilet scene was so UNneccesary.

And who do Chihiro cut out the OP & ED? That pisses me off.

Kanade is quite cute, btw.
desolatoMay 1, 2009 12:44 PM
May 1, 2009 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
Bah i enjoyed the epiosde, Misao's sneaky comments are always "lol". Its funny how she projects whats going on when it comes to Tomoharu blurting it out bluntly. It was also funny seeing that stare she gave while she was looking at kanade when she was in the pot. Shuri kicked ass too:). I recognize that the show is likely heading for a rushed ending or whatever but its enjoyable still to me.
DreddMay 1, 2009 1:43 PM
May 2, 2009 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
It wasn't a very good ep. Of course, they've defeated a monster and now all is ok, but it doesn't look as good as first and second eps.
Despite the fact that Takatsuki is cute, Asura Cryin' is gettin' worse, I think...
May 2, 2009 5:25 PM

Jul 2008
cyimtyler2 said:
Motoyama said:
greenmush said:

i thought that it was the big robot who was attacking the other big robot who was attacking the wolf that was attack the gun chick who was firing at the other gun chick but hit the other two big robots and the wolf in the cross fire while the wolf was attacking its owner..... so everybody trying to get everyone else i guess

this whole thing makes my head hurt... at least their all on equal terms in the end ???
yeah something like that^^
May 2, 2009 10:41 PM

Apr 2009
explosion overload this episode! haha I enjoyed it, and yea it looks like Takatsuki is going to be the love struck girl of the series. Hopfully she fights in her demon form again soon because now she is just a useless character.....
May 2, 2009 11:15 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
The story isn't complex, it's just convoluted with a first student council, a second student council, a gang, machina, demons, familiars, androids, ghosts, not to mention all the trappings of a high school slice of life/romance with fanservice. I'm still not getting the point of any of this, and I suppose I'm giving the show the benefit of the doubt by saying it's a 3/5. But at the beginning of each episode I feel a little lost as to how we got to what I'm looking at. This show is just a mess.

Agreed. You took the words right out of my mouth. Can see why not many group wants to sub this.
May 3, 2009 7:45 AM

Jul 2008
I don't see why people find this hard to follow. Sure, there's lots of questions that need answered, but there's still 9 episodes left to begin answering them. There's plenty of time. People are just expecting too much from series nowadays. If you don't like it, by all means don't watch it or at least don't constently complain about it.

With that being said, this episode wasn't difficult to understand. Many questions arise, but some were also answered, like what happens when a contract is formed and how it happens. Hopefully the next episode will explain a bit of what's going on with the spirits.
May 3, 2009 6:16 PM

May 2007
halberdiers said:
noteDhero said:

Agreed. You took the words right out of my mouth. Can see why not many group wants to sub this.

Confusing, it is. Strangely, I am enticed to keep on watching.
May 5, 2009 2:03 PM

Feb 2009
vindemon64 said:
halberdiers said:
noteDhero said:

Confusing, it is. Strangely, I am enticed to keep on watching.

yeah same here! lol and that familiar at the end was soo cute<3
May 12, 2009 1:31 AM

Dec 2007
The story is little complicated because I still don’t understand about plot at all. This series is decent since it didn’t have interesting information about the characters, even though it has nice information about familiars. The series is interesting enough to grab my attention; therefore, I still watch it.
May 12, 2009 4:38 PM

Sep 2008
anyone can tell me where i can find the song opening?
May 15, 2009 6:34 PM

Oct 2008
Asura Cryin..

What is so sad? Or perhaps, the question should be: "Why is this anime called Asura Cryin'?" I guess.. The yurei sacrificed to become the core of the Asura Machina will die if it gets destroyed and thus, its called Asura Cryin'..

May 16, 2009 9:51 AM
Dec 2008
I saw the episode, but i have a doubt
is it right to say "familiar" as chihiro says or "daughter" as anyhoshy says??
Jul 8, 2009 2:37 AM

Jul 2008
hmm this was not a really good ep. the familiar and stuff were kinda boring. but next ep will be probably really interesting.

Dec 8, 2009 1:10 PM

Feb 2009
Moe Takatsuki :)

Jul 9, 2010 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
The only thing that caught my attention was, men talk next to each other in the bathroom XD
Jan 24, 2014 6:47 AM

Aug 2013
This is going downhill fast. Don't disappoint me episode 5 >____<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 20, 2014 4:41 PM

May 2012
Average development and action, this show is losing my interesting...
Feb 5, 2016 7:50 AM

Aug 2013
Takatsuki is very cute when she's blushing.
Second student countil looks cool in badass mode.
Besides that there's no development though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 25, 2009

81 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:38 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 3, 2009

29 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 9, 2009

89 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 6 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 7, 2009

44 by DonTrumpolino »»
Mar 13, 2020 6:05 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 3 Discussion

japanme32 - Apr 16, 2009

49 by DonTrumpolino »»
Feb 11, 2020 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.