Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2014 7:35 AM
Jun 2013
This ending kinda grinds my gears. Yeah she had her reasons why she left but still the rest of the episode made it seemed like she was gone forever. The after credit scene juts annoyed me as it was too short to feel any real closure!

i mean Ep 24 and the start of this ep was all happy and i was really cool with that but then the episode went NOPE.jpg and poor poor Ryuuji, how could they do this. I won't be having any of that. So 8/10, fuck you for playing with my mind and feels. You can have your after credit scene bullshit but the damage has been done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRvmjS06yKE
Nov 1, 2014 1:39 AM
Nov 2013
Was about to come to the forum and complain about the ending when that song kicked in. LUCKILY I WAITED, there was more after that. Not entirely sure where she went and the disappearance was kind of misleading though. But wrapped it up in the ending at the last moment, which is nice
Nov 4, 2014 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
softwary said:
Still don't understand the praise for this anime. It was decent, but not as good as it was hyped up to be.

I totally agree with this. It was decent but very very predictable, when I reached half of the total episodes I was almost 100% sure how this anime was going to end, and I was right.

6/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Nov 13, 2014 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
good ending/finale
but left me wanting more
Nov 21, 2014 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
They still continued on the same line as the previous episode, but they kinda managed to get it better in the end.

It could've been better. Bt the ending was good.
Nov 22, 2014 9:22 PM
Nov 2014
I have no idea why did Aisaka left Ryuujin alone and then came back which was a good thing

the anime is very emotional really good
10/10
Nov 25, 2014 8:59 AM
Oct 2014
So sad it's all over :(
Nov 29, 2014 7:51 AM

Jul 2014
I think the ending was lovely although I didn't exactly love the entire series~ Not my cup of tea I guess. >_<
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 9, 2014 5:02 PM

Nov 2014
I recently just finished the series yesterday & I have to say I enjoyed it the most out of any romance anime I have seen so far.
The character development was great but as everyone else has mentioned we wish we had of known why we missed out on a year of more development with the characters.

Finding the ending with Taiga coming out of the locker was expected & Ryuji saying his first I love you towards her made a brilliant end to the series even though I wish it continued on & on till they got older & we find out how their relationship progressed

I would kill for a relationship like that to date.
Dec 13, 2014 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
A solid 8/10 and I'm not one for romance or teen drama for that matter. Very good cast, and some of the best chemistry between leads I've seen in a romance anime.

I think the first half of the series was pretty much perfect while the second half had way too much drama for my taste. As usual I just can't stand these kind of romance stories, someone always gets hurt and it's usually due to the male lead being dense. I liked the ending and I was happy for Taiga and Takasu but I felt pretty depressed for Ami and especially Minorin. I feel like the got shafted pretty hard, to make room for the other two's happiness.

This is definitely not my type of series, but I'm glad I watched it. It was overall a pleasurable experience with lots of memorable moments.
Dec 16, 2014 3:30 PM

Mar 2014
Basically binge watched this for the last two days. The ending left a little more to be desired but overall, I love this series.

Solid 9/10 for me.
Dec 19, 2014 7:38 AM
Feb 2014
10/10

From start to finish, everything felt so natural. The characters developed a chemistry that made it all seem too real. I enjoyed the comedy just as well as the more serious parts of the series. I found myself becoming attached to the characters and their vices. I had been rooting for Taiga X Ryuuji from the beginning. Its rare that anything affects me emotionally. I honestly have no complaints. It ended perfectly and I'm kind of sad that its over.
Dec 26, 2014 6:31 PM

Nov 2012
First kiss was so underwhelming (especially knowing advance that it was going to happen & expecting alot),then "once more...once more...once more..." >///<

But still found the kissing scene really underwhelming even after that.Was hoping there was going to be a last kiss in the last scene but sadly there wasn't :/

Either way really liked this series 8/10.
Jan 1, 2015 7:01 AM
Oct 2014
I give it a 10/10.

I loved the anime as a whole, it's really unique and definitely something worth watching. I was happy with it all the way through. The ending wasn't bad.

I'm happy with the way everything turned out. Any thing that would have left me hanging was filled in. It was full of sad, and funny moments. I really enjoyed it and didn't find anything about it that left me unsatisfied.
Jan 4, 2015 1:42 AM

Nov 2014
After I watched this episode and sadly realized that there isn't more to watch; I felt that there was a black hole forming in my chest.
I hate that feeling because it hurts and can't sleep because of that. On the other hand, I do love it that some anime can emotionally move me since most real life stuff doesn't.

I really enjoyed every episode and wanting to watch the next one directly after the last one ended ever since episode 1.
When I started watching Clannad, because everyone apparently loves it, I was so bored. I didn't want to watch episode 2 after seeing episode 1 which with Toradora I watched 25 episodes in 3 nights. Watched the first 4 episodes of Clannad and didn't want to bore me more than that so I dropped it.

Did watch the 2 last episodes over again to completely grasp what was going on. Hearing Taiga saying that even without a vow they will always be together, was a hint of them being separated.
I do would like to know what happened in that 1 year separation like:
-Did she make up with her mother and her new family?
-Did she also make up with her father and his family in that time?
-Did Taiga become a transfer student for a year in another school and did something happen there is so?

I guess Toradora leaves this open to interpretation
Arigato Toradora daisuki.
Jan 5, 2015 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
D'oh I can't believe Taiga just left like that >_< Ryuuji was making special tonkatsu for her too!

Happy ending though, THEY GONNA GET MARRIED RIGHT
Jan 14, 2015 5:39 AM

May 2014
Such an awesome show :D
Lots of funny moments. Loved all of it
The ending was fitting too I think :D
Jan 18, 2015 9:58 PM

Jun 2013
Was this show supposed to be good?

Jan 19, 2015 6:26 PM
Dec 2014
I also like toradora but its a little unfinished because what happened to all the other characters? I guess we will never find it out...
BTW I give a 10/10
Also a question:
When will the manga be finished?
And sorry for my bad english im from Croatia so I dont know it too much...
Jan 19, 2015 6:33 PM
Dec 2014
slayermusiq1 said:
After I watched this episode and sadly realized that there isn't more to watch; I felt that there was a black hole forming in my chest.
I hate that feeling because it hurts and can't sleep because of that. On the other hand, I do love it that some anime can emotionally move me since most real life stuff doesn't.

I really enjoyed every episode and wanting to watch the next one directly after the last one ended ever since episode 1.
When I started watching Clannad, because everyone apparently loves it, I was so bored. I didn't want to watch episode 2 after seeing episode 1 which with Toradora I watched 25 episodes in 3 nights. Watched the first 4 episodes of Clannad and didn't want to bore me more than that so I dropped it.

Did watch the 2 last episodes over again to completely grasp what was going on. Hearing Taiga saying that even without a vow they will always be together, was a hint of them being separated.
I do would like to know what happened in that 1 year separation like:
-Did Taiga become a transfer student for a year in another school and did something happen there is so?

I guess Toradora leaves this open to interpretation
Arigato Toradora daisuki.

Man I agree what you wrote here. We have the same opinion :)
And we will never know what happened... (or maybe we will someday)
Jan 21, 2015 1:46 PM

Sep 2014
Wait, what? She just leaves?

4/10 slightly below average/bad

the first 12 episode sucked. Ryuuji was a little bitch and Taiga was obnoxious

Then the next 12 were okay. Taiga calmed down a bit and Ryuuji grew on me; I'm upset that Minorin lost to the inferior Taiga; Kitamura degraded from respectable side character to a little bitch when he started crying about how the student president doesn't love him; the cat fights were fun to watch
notsomachoJan 21, 2015 1:51 PM
Jan 24, 2015 7:42 AM

Jun 2014
Very predictable ending, but overall I would say I enjoyed this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2015 3:07 PM
Oct 2014
slayermusiq1 said:

She made up with her mother over that year. She most likely got her mother to understand how she was feeling, and they both got along in the end.

We don't know whether she made up with her father or not, although I personally doubt it. Doesn't really bother me, her dad wasn't really a good guy.

Yup, she transferred to another school for a year, nothing major happened there.
Feb 20, 2015 11:26 AM

Dec 2009
Wow that kiss. That was probably one of the best anime kisses ever.

It's over! Certainly one of the best anime I've seen in terms of story and the like. Ryuuji and Taiga really make for a good couple.

And definitely the best romantic anime I've seen.
Mar 12, 2015 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
That dumbass... the only right thing he did was to make up with his mother and only happy thing is Inko finally said her own name. It was painful to watch someone being too persistent about ticking the wrong answer when the correct answer shines brightly. I felt sorry for Ami foremost, and Minori also. Ryuuji has no self-regard or whatsoever.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Mar 18, 2015 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
I know I'm in the minority here, but this was just disappointing. I was really expecting to like this show. I had heard so many good things, and a lot of them were true.

But this show failed to bring me over to the dark side(RyuujixTaiga), not once did I ever really feel that relationship was romantic until the last 9 or so episodes, and by then the show had shown too much chemistry with the other two girls(I was onboard MinorixRyuuji basically episode 1, then when we got to see more for Ami I really started liking that one, too) and to see nothing really happen with either of them really bugged me.

And yes, I did always know that Taiga and Ryuuji would end up together, but only because the show is literally called Tiger Dragon, you can't get more obvious than that. I just wished they had managed to tie it up faster and prove to me sooner why they were a better couple than any of the other options.

Despite that, still a good anime. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get that off my chest, I guess. Feel free to ignore it or call my bullshit, I don't really care either way.

As for those who feel at least slightly similar to me(mostly any of the other shippers out there) *salutes* I hope you all went down with your ships with honor, let the briny deep never squelch our hopes!

Even if it's only in fanfiction and the vn. XD
Mar 28, 2015 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
Finally I managed to watch the last episode. I really loved the whole anime and everytime I see that there is only one episode left especially in this case I want to cry.

What can I say more besides an EZ 10/10!

Ps: super cute scene between Taiga and Ryuuji. Thanks Toradora <3

Mar 29, 2015 9:09 PM
Mar 2015
I feel so dumb because I thought I thought it ended with them apart so I starting yelling at the TV and the I came to MAL to see what u guys thought (after giving the ending a 3/5 on the poll). Turns out I was wrong. I need to learn to watch things through.10/10 ending.
Mar 30, 2015 9:00 AM

Jun 2014
wow, i really loved this
:3
Apr 26, 2015 4:31 AM

Jan 2015
So was red hair girl a lesbian or what...
Apr 27, 2015 9:28 AM
Apr 2015
meh overrated anime

Taiga was a bitch throughout worst tsundere ever
Apr 29, 2015 9:44 AM
Apr 2015
guys i watched toradora i finished it, i hate the ending is there a manga that continues it ? i really want to know whats gonna happen nxt..... T_T wahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-mynameisJEFF-Apr 29, 2015 9:49 AM
Apr 29, 2015 9:52 AM
Apr 2015
i dont now how to watch anime properly shit!!!!
Apr 30, 2015 5:15 PM
Apr 2015
aero said:
Pretty original ending, for me anyway. At the end, Taiga still shows her Tsudere side XP
Needs more Ami ;___;
Yeah i wish they didnt leave out Ami so much, i was kinda hoping she would get with Ryu but i knew it wasnt gonna happen anyways
May 1, 2015 5:33 AM
Dec 2013
okay, I just finished this show, goddamn am I SO FUKCING HAPPY RIGHT NOW. THis is the first ever show where the characters ACTUALLY KISS AT THE END. FUCK I'VE WANTED THIS FOR CENTURIES. I mean I knew it was going to happen but I didn't know it was going to be like that fuck. I feel like I have slowly developed a kissing fetish due to the fact that NO ONE EVER Does it in anime, and now I see it and im like OH FUCK YES. I was happy and in shock and oh my fuck I don't think an anime has ever made me this happy for an ending.

Goddamn this is like my favorite slice of life show next to kokoro connect.

Also im glad that that picture I saw of Ami is photoshoped, the one where taiga kills ami. Thank you jesus I thought I was spoiled for good.
May 2, 2015 7:53 PM

Jun 2014
-1 for Taiga being fucking annoying every second
+1 for Minori, the only likable character
-1 for episodes 1-14 and ep24
+1 for the last 10 episodes.
4/10

Ryuuji x Minori pls
May 4, 2015 5:03 PM
May 2015
Idk if it has been mentioned in all these pages of discussion, but...

Taiga left for only a month or so -- remember the whole eloping thing happened during the Spring trimester after Valentine's Day -- so they were past Feb 14 at the time they wanted to elope, which is when it is mentioned that Ryuuji has a couple of months left before he is 18. Taiga leaves but returns at the end of the Spring trimester for graduation, which occurs in March in Japan.
Therefore, she was only gone for maybe a month or so! And she left suddenly because as Ryuuji said himself, he didn't want her to go. She knew it would be difficult for him to understand and to let her go, so she did what she had to do -- that is, left without telling him. All in all I think the ending was beautiful if you put yourself in the characters' shoes and try to understand the situation a little better. For sure, some things are not so readily obvious. I rank it right up there with Clannad, and in fact just ordered the premium edition English dub DVD package for what some might consider a not-so-insignificant sum of money. I usually watch subs but Ryuuji and Taiga's dub version voice actors are PERFECT for them.

Right now my rebound/recovery anime is Ef: A Tale of Memories. I have to have a rebound anime to get these troublesome Toradora emotions out of my system. :-P Can't focus at work with these anime feels clouding my brain...
RamenhotepMay 4, 2015 5:35 PM
May 18, 2015 5:59 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Soo let's see:

At the beginning I was rather confused about Toradora! I couldn't understand If I liked it or not.
Between ep 8 and 10 I think I sort of fell in Love with the show. And then as soon as the OP and ED changed .... well, It got less and less interesting for me.

I did not like the fact this is a Taiga ending.
I sort of can understand Amis part in this, but I hoped she would be more of a main char.
And the ending ... well it was just meh :/
Really did not like the last episode.

I am sort of happy the show is over.

5/10 for me :/

May 26, 2015 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
I <3 this anime! For now on, is one of my favorites! Not just because of the ending, but also of the great amazing story development! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
May 27, 2015 1:08 PM
Jun 2013
Pretty good ending I guess. I'm still confused about why she left and then came back but whatever. Overall it was good, but man this is still overrated. I don't understand the hype.

7/10
May 28, 2015 8:28 PM
Jan 2015
##Spoiler alert## (duh)

Just finished watching Toradora! and i must say thoroughly enjoyed it however, the ending is really pissing me off.

I wish Taiga didn't go away and it sure sucked to see Ryuji suffering because of it.

Unsatisfactory ended in my opinion but overall was great to watch.
Jun 8, 2015 9:14 AM

Mar 2015
I just finished this anime and I really enjoyed it. It has a good ending and it was worth every minute i spent watching this anime.

it's sad it has ended. I want more Toradora!

DanilloMartinsJun 8, 2015 10:44 AM
Jun 12, 2015 9:23 AM

Dec 2013
Rukia-Marua said:
Unsatisfactory ended in my opinion but overall was great to watch.

Um, did you watch after the credits?
Jun 13, 2015 11:22 AM

Dec 2013
8/10. I like it but y'know romance is not really my thing so i don't really understand the feelings lol.

Well.. the character is really likeable, my fav is Ryuji. It's good to watch.
Skill 1 - Mask Maker.
Skill 2 - Binding Spell.
Skill 3 - Conceal Darkness.
Skill 4 - Mind Shield..
Jul 15, 2015 4:16 AM

Oct 2013
I really wish the series ended right before the credits started. I really, really wish the series ended right before the credits started. That would've been such a melancholic, beautiful ending and it would've created a heartbreaking sense of longing. I would've given the series a 7/10 if it did.

That said, the credits scene was really cute too, and this was an adorable way to end the series. I thoroughly enjoyed the last two episodes.

I quite enjoyed the show overall, but, aside from a few moments, it's lacking that "something special."

Ami saved the series.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 15, 2015 4:17 AM

Jan 2014
Zadion said:
I really wish the series ended right before the credits started. I really, really wish the series ended right before the credits started. That would've been such a melancholic, beautiful ending and it would've created a heartbreaking sense of longing. I would've given the series a 7/10 if it did.

That said, the credits scene was really cute too, and this was an adorable way to end the series. I thoroughly enjoyed the last two episodes.

I quite enjoyed the show overall, but, aside from a few moments, it's lacking that "something special."

Ami Midorin saved the series.
Jul 19, 2015 12:37 AM

Jul 2015
I loved the how Taiga and Ryuuji got together

And Yasaka's history about baby daddy was explained and it brought me to tears

But I thought the ending could have been better. I didn't like that Taiga ran away and how the characters made everything dramatic but it was good and I had a good time watching it. :)
Aug 9, 2015 12:19 PM
Aug 2014
What a great ending to a great series. Loved the way it ended, it sucks that Taiga had to disappear for so long but in the long term it is worth it for her to make up with her family.

Plus that kiss scene is one of my favourite scenes in any series. So glad that Taiga and Ryuuji ended up together at the end and, I presume, got married

"Because that's the way, it's meant to be".
Mechr0mancerAug 9, 2015 2:02 PM
Aug 18, 2015 3:55 PM
Feb 2015
Wow finally finished ); man that was a fun ride. But I wanted ami to be with him... At least have her say she actually loved him D; Oh well I really enjoyed this series, it made my heart throb! Hopefully I can find another one like it!!!!!
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Sep 11, 2015 12:46 AM

Apr 2013

Yasuko needs to change her hairstyle quick...

It might be too late for her otherwise..
SJ7izmSep 11, 2015 12:54 AM
Pages (23) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.