Forum Settings
Forums

Why do people think anime is so life changing, different, or special?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 22, 2009 9:43 PM

Jul 2008
tr1ggers4d said:
Vagabond said:
tr1ggers4d said:
They all told me you're just ignorant, since you know like, they have hivemind.
It's funny because tr1ggers4d is making a reference to [url=http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/V4gab0nd/Random/JapanHive.jpg]http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/V4gab0nd/Random/JapanHive.jpg in which japanese people are displayed as lings with hivemind in order to suggest that the enter japanese population thinks SY is ignorant
FTFY
Err... As long as you understand, then it's cool.

I think...
Mar 22, 2009 9:44 PM

Feb 2007
I see what you mean trig.

Man, this marks the low point of MAL.
Mar 22, 2009 9:46 PM

Oct 2007
Legend said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
SY said:
tr1ggers4d said:
SY said:
OH YEAH! MAINSTREAM JAPANESE COMICS ARE SO LIFE CHANGING AWESOME.

There is NO superhero aspect at all, ever.

No way is there some lame-ass character that one day realizes "OH SHIT, I HAVE AWESOME POWER/HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE THE BEST" and then they STRUGGLE for as LONG AS POSSIBLE to make the series SUPERIOR.. and then they KICK ASS AT THE END.. if it ever ends... IT is ESPECIALLY good when the main character is also 12.

Yeah, okay?

And what DOES "mainstream" have to do with anything. DID YOU KNOW, IN JAPAN, MOST MANGA ISN'T MAINSTREAM. NOT EVERYONE READS MANGA LIKE YOU WEABOOS DO.

?_?

Unthinkable, right?

YOU'RE JUST IGNORANT.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=74173&show=60#msg2845897

But I have met real Japanese people before.

?___?

Unthinkable, right? REAL JAPANESE PEOPLE.
Met one in middle school. His friend was pissing me off, so I punched him in the face and they both qq'd to some teacher and got me expelled.

my best friend at school was japanese his name was hoshi or kenji i cant remember japanese names all sound the same to me

he was the one who told me what a hikikomori was i kept saying it hikomori he was a genius and painted stuff like this

I can do that, too.

Mar 22, 2009 9:49 PM

Mar 2008
llxwarbirdxll said:
Legend said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
SY said:
tr1ggers4d said:
SY said:

No way is there some lame-ass character that one day realizes "OH SHIT, I HAVE AWESOME POWER/HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE THE BEST" and then they STRUGGLE for as LONG AS POSSIBLE to make the series SUPERIOR.. and then they KICK ASS AT THE END.. if it ever ends... IT is ESPECIALLY good when the main character is also 12.

Yeah, okay?

And what DOES "mainstream" have to do with anything. DID YOU KNOW, IN JAPAN, MOST MANGA ISN'T MAINSTREAM. NOT EVERYONE READS MANGA LIKE YOU WEABOOS DO.

?_?

Unthinkable, right?

YOU'RE JUST IGNORANT.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=74173&show=60#msg2845897

But I have met real Japanese people before.

?___?

Unthinkable, right? REAL JAPANESE PEOPLE.
Met one in middle school. His friend was pissing me off, so I punched him in the face and they both qq'd to some teacher and got me expelled.

my best friend at school was japanese his name was hoshi or kenji i cant remember japanese names all sound the same to me

he was the one who told me what a hikikomori was i kept saying it hikomori he was a genius and painted stuff like this

I can do that, too.

awesome ^_^
Mar 22, 2009 9:52 PM

Feb 2007
SY said:
I see what you mean trig.

Man, this marks the low point of MAL.

I'm starting to lose the number of low points MAL has.

llxwarbirdxll said:

I feel like drawing now. Or uploading a picture of my painting of the Kuiper Cliff.
Mar 22, 2009 9:56 PM

Apr 2007
llxwarbirdxll said:

I can do that, too.

:V
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2009 9:57 PM

Oct 2007
Neverender said:
llxwarbirdxll said:

I can do that, too.

:V
V:
Mar 22, 2009 10:39 PM

Mar 2009
Honestly I don't know that much about american comics, it's not something I've ever delved into.
I do read this though:

No superheroes so far :)
KabutodudeMar 22, 2009 10:43 PM
Mar 22, 2009 10:59 PM

Aug 2008
SY said:
Honestly, I think on MAL I have seen so many different topics on how anime has affected people on this website. Whenever I see these topics I think "It hasn't change me in any specific way. It's no different than any other forms of entertainment."
Sure certain series can be very meaningful, and perhaps even change your perspective on things, but on a whole it's just an entertainment medium.

I mean really, if I said "How has TV affected your life?" most people would gaff at the thought that TV as a whole has caused me to grow as a person.

This leads me to how certain people think watching anime makes them "special". I watch certain anime because they are good. Just like movies, TV and books. Most people entertain themselves with shit like this. How does "anime" stand out to people? Really, you don't have to be some hikikamori to appreciate anime.

I don't know, heh. I just find it absurd people care so much.

Like what about American comics? A lot of those are pretty fucking awesome. Any one location can make awesome shit.

wooo~ rantftw

Man SY is taking out the goods, I agree wit her.
Like people think anime has changed their lives, which in some way can be true but really its just like any other form of entertainment.
Everyone is influenced by anime in thinking that Japanese culture/country is cool. In reality, its like every other country, nothing special about it. You're all just influenced.
People who care so much are people who have no lives. Obviously. No offence, just pointing out the obvious. I'm not anti-japanese or anti-anime, but I'm just sayin...

Btw Entourage has changed my life loll.
Mar 22, 2009 11:24 PM

Apr 2007

-eWf said:
SY said:
Honestly, I think on MAL I have seen so many different topics on how anime has affected people on this website. Whenever I see these topics I think "It hasn't change me in any specific way. It's no different than any other forms of entertainment."
Sure certain series can be very meaningful, and perhaps even change your perspective on things, but on a whole it's just an entertainment medium.

I mean really, if I said "How has TV affected your life?" most people would gaff at the thought that TV as a whole has caused me to grow as a person.

This leads me to how certain people think watching anime makes them "special". I watch certain anime because they are good. Just like movies, TV and books. Most people entertain themselves with shit like this. How does "anime" stand out to people? Really, you don't have to be some hikikamori to appreciate anime.

Like what about American comics? A lot of those are pretty fucking awesome. Any one location can make awesome shit.

wooo~ rantftw

Man SY is taking out the goods, I agree wit her.
Like people think anime has changed their lives, which in some way can be true but really its just like any other form of entertainment.
Everyone is influenced by anime in thinking that Japanese culture/country is cool. In reality, its like every other country, nothing special about it. You're all just influenced.
People who care so much are people who have no lives. Obviously. No offence, just pointing out the obvious. I'm not anti-japanese or anti-anime, but I'm just sayin...

This post was very enlightening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2009 11:24 PM

Aug 2007
This thread proves the forum moderators are bias.
Mar 22, 2009 11:26 PM

Apr 2007
The words mod and bias go together like steak and A1

sorry, couldn't think of a better one

Mar 22, 2009 11:31 PM

Jul 2008
Like siegfreid and roy?
Mar 22, 2009 11:32 PM

Apr 2007
sure, why not
Mar 22, 2009 11:53 PM

Feb 2007
Honestly, lock this topic mods.

T_T

It's dead.

And the reason I posed this is because I like looking at my signature.

JUMBO! :(
Mar 23, 2009 12:13 AM

Aug 2008
Thanks for the troll-thread

Good coverup SY. Don't cheat urself.

omg if u want it locked, go change title to "eWf = awesome" then they be forced to
-eWfMar 23, 2009 12:16 AM
Mar 23, 2009 12:15 AM

Oct 2007
SY said:

T_T

It's dead.

Just as keikaku.
Mar 23, 2009 12:21 AM

Feb 2007
Okay, I didn't seriously want the topic to go to shit.

Not my fault it was infected by the stupidity on MAL. Until someone started posting it wasn't that bad. Except some guy got pissed at me. hahaha.

Probably because I keep calling her a guy.
Mar 23, 2009 12:23 AM

Oct 2007
SY said:

Not my fault it was infected by the stupidity on MAL. Until someone started posting it wasn't that bad. Except some guy got pissed at me. hahaha.

She should just get a really girly sig, like mine... Except I'm not a girl.
Mar 23, 2009 12:23 AM

Jul 2007
SY said:

Ya, why should anyone care about something they've spent (44.7 in your case, 80+ in mine) days on?...
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Mar 23, 2009 12:31 AM

May 2008
Sin said:

Ya, why should anyone care about something they've spent (44.7 in your case, 80+ in mine) days on?...

So we should also care a lot about scratching ourselves, getting out and putting on socks and shoes, playing random board games, etc?

Life consists of spending time. There's no reason to get serious about something just because it's used a lot of your time. The only thing worth being serious about is how you want to spend your time that has not yet elapsed. Anime is just one way people spend their time on entertainment; just like they might play games, watch movies, hang out with friends, get drunk, whatever. Not a reason to make a big deal about it.
Mar 23, 2009 12:38 AM

Aug 2008
llxwarbirdxll said:
SY said:

Omg u serious? Like I seriously thought you were a chick. Hetrosexual?
Mar 23, 2009 12:40 AM

Oct 2007
-eWf said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
SY said:

Omg u serious? Like I seriously thought you were a chick. Hetrosexual?
Yes and yes, though the latter may change, depending on how long I stare at pictures of traps and/or Neverender.
Mar 23, 2009 12:46 AM

Apr 2007
hikky said:
Sin said:

So we should also care a lot about scratching ourselves, getting out and putting on socks and shoes, playing random board games, etc?

monopoly is my life
Mar 23, 2009 12:47 AM

Jun 2008
Neverender said:
hikky said:
Sin said:

monopoly is my life

Bullshit I know you're just saying that to cover up your Connect-4 and Mousetrap addictions.
I'm back.
Mar 23, 2009 12:53 AM

Jul 2008
I wonder how many days I've spent masturbating...
Mar 23, 2009 12:54 AM

Oct 2008
SY said:

T_T

It's dead.

you called her jumbo xDDD

hilarious
Mar 23, 2009 1:10 AM

Sep 2007
Rebella said:

you called her jumbo xDDD

hilarious

That's her name, tho.
Mar 23, 2009 2:22 AM

Nov 2006
SY said:

T_T

It's dead.

she's so fucking hot.
Mar 23, 2009 5:59 AM

Mar 2008
so inconclusion.

the end.
Mar 23, 2009 8:27 AM

May 2007
Legend said:
so inconclusion.

the end.

CanadaAotS said:
BlueYoshi said:
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:
watching cartoons makes you cool

Mar 23, 2009 9:02 AM

May 2008
SY said:

This is totally exactly what I said.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 23, 2009 3:07 PM

Feb 2007
Legend said:
so inconclusion.

the end.
Mar 23, 2009 4:56 PM

Oct 2007
SY said:
Legend said:
so inconclusion.

the end.
No, not really.
Mar 23, 2009 5:01 PM

Mar 2008
llxwarbirdxll said:
SY said:
Legend said:
so inconclusion.

the end.
No, not really.

yes really
Mar 23, 2009 5:02 PM

Sep 2007
SY said:

Basically, it depends on the fanbase that you're talking to. You're fielding this on an anime website. But I have an issue with the OP's view. If people say this about sports or music, no one bats an eye. But if it's about anime, they're a "weirdo."

Vagabond said:

My avatar and signature...

You lose.

I read American comics and I have NO idea who your AV & sig are.

Legend said:

Actually, earlier incarnations of the Surfer DID have him wearing spandex speedos:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines
Mar 23, 2009 5:09 PM

Mar 2008
Major_G said:
SY said:

Basically, it depends on the fanbase that you're talking to. You're fielding this on an anime website. But I have an issue with the OP's view. If people say this about sports or music, no one bats an eye. But if it's about anime, they're a "weirdo."

Vagabond said:

My avatar and signature...

You lose.

I read American comics and I have NO idea who your AV & sig are.

Legend said:

Actually, earlier incarnations of the Surfer DID have him wearing spandex speedos:

*cracks knuckles*

Actualy those pants hes wearing were drawn on for legal reasons they basically said that he was still wearing his earth cloths underneath. The story behind how the surfer got his powers clearly states that a molecular skin made of cosmic power only nanos thick is what protects him from the elements and allows him to travel through space it is not spandex its a super refined ship made to fit his body perfectly.

spidey and surfer were my freinds growing up.

and lol you WOULD choose his origins issue as well ^_^
Mar 23, 2009 6:04 PM

May 2007
ZoiQ said:
CanadaAotS said:
BlueYoshi said:
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:

Mar 23, 2009 6:08 PM

Mar 2008
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:
CanadaAotS said:
BlueYoshi said:
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:
watching cartoons and smoking makes you cool

Mar 23, 2009 9:16 PM

Oct 2007
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:
CanadaAotS said:
BlueYoshi said:
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:
ZoiQ said:

Mar 23, 2009 9:18 PM

Feb 2007
Major_G said:
...But I have an issue with the OP's view. If people say this about sports or music, no one bats an eye. But if it's about anime, they're a "weirdo."..

Oh sorry if I didn't make that clear.

If you are the same with [watching] sports or music you're also a weirdo. "Oh my god, watching soccer on TV defines me."

No.
Mar 23, 2009 9:21 PM

Jan 2008
Locked on request
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.