Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
Ugh, I watch the episode 12 hours late and already I have to sift through 8 pages of ships and commentary. THIS is why I'd already upgraded this show to Masterpiece since episode 4. :D

AlexTheRiot said:
Wow they really nailed it. Hikari's state of mind from the shock and what he needed to move forward, just nailed it.

But seriously, I can't imagine how ignorant you'd have to be to insult his character after all the growth and progress he's made, and especially after what he's been through now. He's all alone in a world where everyone but him has changed, and to him he just witnessed his childhood love likely die and is left to wonder if and when she and his loved ones will wake up and share his experience. Even still, his turn around at the end of the episode showed just how much he's grown. All it took was seeing how(pathetic) Chisaki was doing to realize he could try to embrace the change. After one day.

I do like Tsumugu as a character now. He offered very little imo the whole first half, but I think that's because his character was always going to be one that took a while but had long term payoff. We're starting to see the payoff now that you can see his emotionless wall start to crack, and he's been reduced to Taichi level suffering.

PA is really impressing me more and more. After all the subtle and not so subtle buildup in the first half, they're delivering on every point possible.

This! Anyone who thinks Hikari is a loudmouth with no good points and lacking in character development should go back and watch the first 13 episodes till their eyes bleed. He is the first and only character in all my years of watching anime to go from a prejudiced bigot (humans are bad, they stole my sister, the guy has a kid, etc.) to a mature accepting leader who facilitated the Ofunehiki when all the adults on both side were all bitching at each other, all at the tender age of 14 in one half of a season. His character may be impulsive, but he has a brain and isn't afraid to use it. The way he reacted to Chisaki's confession, the way he made his own confession to Manaka, and even this episode just goes out to show how much character development he's undergone.

Imagine going to sleep and waking up 5 years into the future where everything has changed and most of the people that you hold dear are now gone (under the sea, missing, etc.). At 14 years of age, would you be mature enough to accept everything right off the bat, to hold everything in until you break down (on the boat), and to do so in a fashion that doesn't trouble EVERYONE around you? I highly doubt anyone with that age would have the mentality or maturity to do what he just did.

Though this episode was somewhat a filler, it confirmed several points.
First, Tsumugu has feelings for Chisaki. In prior episodes up to 13, you didn't see it at all. Last episode with the time skip, you sort of had an inkling, but the way he reacted to that professor's comment and the comment about her becoming prettier just sealed the deal. The comment also ensured that Chisaki was made to notice his feelings as well. That was confirmed with the door scene at the end of the episode, Chisaki didn't look guilty (as if caught cheating) per say, but she was surprised at how aware Tsumugu was about her. Tsumugu, being the emo guy he is will never go ahead and say out loud that he likes/loves Chisaki. I figure it will take a trigger of someone of Kaname's caliber to force him to scream his emotions out to the world (kind of like the classroom confessions). The only unknown I have after this episode..... I still don't know who Chisaki actually has feelings for. I thought that Hikari x Chisaki was already dead in the water, but this episode left me more confused than not as to who SHE wants.

Second, Hikari is definitely aiming to bring back his family/Manaka/village. He may be a strong mature lad to accept the changes around him, but him diving back to the village shows how even for normal people, when changes around you are too overwhelming, you would try to grab whatever semblance of normality you can in any way you can think of. For him, it was to try to go back to his village under the sea. The failure to do so and the jibe from Tsumugu just tipped him over the edge and he finally lashed out. The fact that he did so in front of Tsumugu alone is also important, it shows that Hikari values Tsumugu not as a rival of sorts but as an important friend, the first he met since coming from the sea. For a 14 year old, that is very mature in my eyes. The joke he made to make Chisaki feel better about her "not changing" was also another mature act. If it were way back in episode 2, he would never have been able to show that kind of tact or understanding to comfort a girl (they'd probably have all ran away crying or something). I can see the next 10 episodes all about him trying to figure the reason why the Ofunehiki didn't work and to try and get his village back.

Third..... Akari's kid is so dayum cute! Him running around with a pair of boxers in hand, his playing with uncle Hikari and the flag waving! Man I want a kid like that when I grow up!

Not gonna talk about ships after this because mine still haven't changed that much. Unless I have more story development, I'm still on Hikari x Manaka, with everyone else a mystery.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 16, 2014 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
The episode was beautiful.

I wonder when will Kaname and Manaka will wake up.

I liked it how Hikari met Chisaki after five years had passed at the end of the episode.

Anyway, Hikari x Miuna pairing wasn't bad after all.
Jan 16, 2014 9:33 PM
Aug 2013
This episode was... just beautiful. I just hope in the end the Tsumugu x Chisaki thing happens.
Jan 16, 2014 9:43 PM
May 2013
These two episodes were sad, but my heart will be broken when Kaname comes back and sees Chisaki. Also, why are people rooting for Miuna and Hikari when we all know he obviously will never give up on Manaka. Plus he's basically her uncle. Jeez you guys.
Jan 16, 2014 9:45 PM
May 2011
PrimeX said:

Damn I really hate that Tsumugu.. my blood boils everytime hes on screen.. fu

You are an idiot. Die!!! Freak!!
Jan 16, 2014 9:46 PM

Oct 2013
Miuna was cute as a kid but now she's just another obstacle with her incessant (or should I say, INCESTant) feelings for Hikari. I really do not like them being together at all. The time skip makes it so convenient for them to be together though with them now being the same age, mentality and same class that I'm scared that they might go with Hikari x Miuna. I really really hope not. It actually disgusts me, lol.

MIUNA'S ANNOYING BOOT HER OFFF HIKARI x MANAKA ALL THE WAY
Jan 16, 2014 9:48 PM
May 2011
Ongaku-hime said:

As hinted before, Tsumugu likes Chisaki. I have no idea if they'll actually get together though. Kinda doubt it.

Chisaki should finally understand what she really wants and the fact that time is gone. Nothing can be changed. Otherwise she will indeed loose Tsumugu. I don't think he is the guy who will agree to be as a change for someone else. He has his pride. So I see him going back to city. Maybe only this fact can make Chisaki finally understand what she really wants.

P.S. I think nor Manaka, nor Chisaki deserve him.
Jan 16, 2014 9:49 PM
May 2011
wallflowr said:
Miuna was cute as a kid but now she's just another obstacle with her incessant (or should I say, INCESTant) feelings for Hikari. I really do not like them being together at all. The time skip makes it so convenient for them to be together though with them now being the same age, mentality and same class that I'm scared that they might go with Hikari x Miuna. I really really hope not. It actually disgusts me, lol.

MIUNA'S ANNOYING BOOT HER OFFF HIKARI x MANAKA ALL THE WAY

His is not her uncle by blood. There is no incest here
Jan 16, 2014 10:04 PM

Dec 2013
Dude, please no multiple posts, if you wanna reply to several posts, keep them in one post and make multiple quotes. Makes it less messy.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 16, 2014 10:05 PM

Nov 2013
the show just keeps getting better and better. 5/5 thoroughly enjoying the time skip episodes
Jan 16, 2014 10:07 PM
Dec 2013
Am I the only one thought Miuna is annoying?
She was a kid who supposed to be Akari's stepdaughter but suddenly has crush on Hikari?
And keep waiting thru 5 years even she knew Hikari loves Manaka?
What a joke..
I really hope Manaka returns.. She's a crybaby but at least she did have reason to actually likes Hikari (or Tsumugu).

About Chisaki and Tsumugu's scene.. Love it so much..
I guess Tsumugu wants to make it clear that "He likes that Chisaki's growing up, and she grown pretty" and implied "Isn't it enough? To grow up and become pretty.. Why wanna to go back?"
Kinda say that he somehow glad Chisaki's growing up with him..

Chisaki & Hikari meet up..
It's nice to not have them meeting directly, but there is something disturbing there..
I understand that one person going thru 5 years, and one person just like wake up from yesterday,
that really needs some explanation..

Chisaki kinda implied she still has feelings for Hikari and Tsumugu catched it right away..
I was doubt at first, I think she might be liking Kaname, but it turns out to be wrong..
That blushing face at the end when Tsumugu asked her...

I really hope Chisaki somehow realize that Tsumugu likes her and stop wandering around Hikari..
And I wish Tsumugu to show more emotion like today's episode..
(You gotta admit he improved his emotion. Lol)

Anyway, judging from teaser, next episode might me Miuna x Sayu fight?
And that makes me think Kaname will return at the end..
Please make Tsumugu confess to Chisaki... I beg of you...
Tired to see her chasing Hikari and wasted Kaname..
Jan 16, 2014 10:08 PM
Nov 2013
"But they're not related by blood!" Yeah, but he is related to her brother by blood whom she is also related to by blood. So technically, they are related by blood.

Let me clear this up for you guys, First Miuna isn't Related to Hikari by Blood so it isn't Incest they are allowed to have kids.

To clear this up even further, The rules against incest were only applied because when two people related by blood have a kid, the kid is born with a defect like 100% of the time, however Hikari isn't Related to Miuna by blood at all so the rule doesn't apply, they can even get married.

Yes Miuna is half-related to her new Brother through her father however this doesn't mean she is related to Hikari at all.
Jan 16, 2014 10:10 PM
Dec 2013
mustardpalace said:
These two episodes were sad, but my heart will be broken when Kaname comes back and sees Chisaki. Also, why are people rooting for Miuna and Hikari when we all know he obviously will never give up on Manaka. Plus he's basically her uncle. Jeez you guys.

My feels EXACTLY!!
I demand no Miuna for Hikari..
I will be very pissed off
Jan 16, 2014 10:12 PM

Apr 2007
Ongaku-hime said:
mustardpalace said:

"But they're not related by blood!" Yeah, but he is related to her brother by blood whom she is also related to by blood. So technically, they are related by blood.

I'm related to my mother by blood and I'm also related to my father by blood. That doesn't mean my parents are related by blood.
Jan 16, 2014 10:37 PM

Jan 2014
I don't even care who ends up with who right now (concerning hikari, tsumugu, chisaki, etc.). The ONE and ONLY thing I ask for is that manaka does not come back into the love polygon.

I used to like Manaka at the very beginning, but then she completely blew off her closest friend in hikari (who loved her), and proceeded to try and get inside freaking tsumugu. If that wasn't enough she then basically said tsumugu was 'too good' for her, and was gonna try go after hkari again. If anything HIKARI is too good for her.

And there ends my rant for this week. Hopefully next weeks episode gives me something to rant about again.
Jan 16, 2014 10:47 PM

Oct 2011
Hikari seeing what Chisaki feared T__________T I lost it. But Hikari will move foward. I will lose it again when Kaname comes back T__T.

I can't stop crying
Jan 16, 2014 10:49 PM

Aug 2010
ona said:

I'm related to my mother by blood and I'm also related to my father by blood. That doesn't mean my parents are related by blood.

Thank you for being the voice of reason. If not for you, I would have had to bang my head against the wall to stop it from hurting because that reasoning was so wrong in all different ways...
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 16, 2014 11:27 PM

Aug 2010
I am loving this series after the time skip, when Hikari started bursting out to Tsumugu u could just hear how lost he felt. Very curious at what is going to happen next episode, how will things ever go back to normal?
Jan 16, 2014 11:54 PM

Jan 2013
I really LIKED this anime and gave it 10 already but I am taking off a point because of Miuna.

If you think Chisaki is annoying well she is actually one of the most maturer characters and is acting exactly how one would in the real world when compared to that lil selfish brat.
Jan 17, 2014 12:10 AM

Jan 2013
Wordsmith said:
ona said:

Thank you for being the voice of reason. If not for you, I would have had to bang my head against the wall to stop it from hurting because that reasoning was so wrong in all different ways...

Look up the definition of Incest or ask you parents/family and see their response...
It's more so of a crush anyways its not like anythings happening although the shippers of Hikari x Miuna are kinda creepy to me and possibly would love ImoCho.
VoooJan 17, 2014 12:14 AM
Jan 17, 2014 12:13 AM
Feb 2013
For once, I am actually liking all of the shipping that is being implied right now. Kaname will likely wake
up within a couple of episodes, setting up the following pairings.

Hikari x Miuna
Tsumugu x Chisaki
Kaname x Sayu

Probably won't happen until near the end, but I wonder if they will honor the promise to Manaka that they will wake her up so she won't be alone.
Jan 17, 2014 12:23 AM

Aug 2010
Vooo said:

Look up the definition of Incest or ask you parents/family and see their response...
It's more so of a crush anyways its not like anythings happening although the shippers of Hikari x Miuna are kinda creepy to me and possibly would love ImoCho.

Incest is always about blood relation. Not blood relation = no incest. And in this case there's not even the "grew up together" thing. Sure, "I'm dating the adopted daughter of my big sister" sounds a bit weird at start, but once you think about it, there's nothing wrong about it. Especially when the two lovers are the same age.

So, your only reason sounds like "mimimi not in my christian anime". We get it, you don't like it. And you don't have to. But please keep your unfounded arguments to yourself.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 17, 2014 12:26 AM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one finding this episode a little disappointing? Wait, that's a bit harsh I guess.

I do not like the shippings so far, but they're pretty much canon so that's that.
Jan 17, 2014 12:28 AM
Nov 2013
Azarashi314 said:
For once, I am actually liking all of the shipping that is being implied right now. Kaname will likely wake
up within a couple of episodes, setting up the following pairings.

Hikari x Miuna
Tsumugu x Chisaki
Kaname x Sayu

Probably won't happen until near the end, but I wonder if they will honor the promise to Manaka that they will wake her up so she won't be alone.

Yeah i quite like the shipping pairs as they are, I don't understand all the hate for Miuna though she's a better character then Manaka, and is a much better girl for Hikari, this anime right now is a solid 9/10 but if Manaka somehow returns from the Dead she would be the one of the worst plot devices ever as all her return would do is create more unnecessary and forced drama between the characters i could only give it a 6-7/10 if that happened.

However i'm not saying Manaka wasn't important i think she was what Drove Hikari's character development and the reason he matured during the first cour, however her time is over and for some reason i got the impression that she wasn't going to confess to Hikari after the Ritual, however thanks to her, Hikari grew up and he can move on hopefully to Miuna who loves him and wants to "protect his smile" (that is actually very sweet)

What i'm hoping to see is a very Happy ending to an awesome anime, its so rare these days for an Anime to have a conclusive ending that is actually quite uplifting and positive.
Jan 17, 2014 12:45 AM

Jun 2013
Oh my god. I think this is the first anime that has had me in continuous tears for an entire episode. Got-dam dohz feels.

On another note, it's kind of amazing how polarized the opinions are about nearly ALL of the main characters in this show. People seem to either love or hate Hikari, Kaname, Tsumugu, Chisaki, and Manaka. That's not saying opinions are non existent in the middle of the spectrum.

I for one like just about everyone. :P
-Trippwire-Jan 17, 2014 1:01 AM
Jan 17, 2014 12:51 AM
Jan 2014
For some reason im not feeling chisaki x tsumugu, it feels like they are forcing this ship and everything feels unnatural and uncomfortable between them. I still dont care about tsumugu, but im starting to like him more.

13 whole episodes it was about tsumugu and manaka, and hikiari being jealous. And all of a sudden chisaki is living with tsumugu and it feels like they are a married couple. its like everyone has forgotten about kaname, and it hurts. The poor guy has been trough so much pain, and it will only be worse. I cant see a positive outcome for him in any way, thats what hurts me the most.

chisaki was after hikari all the time, and then kaname was full of it and finally confessed. and without even awnsering his confession she was all lovely dovely with tsumugu WHILE SHE KNEW KANAME WAS ALSO THERE. But then i thougt chiskaki was sad all this time becouse of kaname, and it turns out she had still some feelings for hikari

And about chisaki x tsumugu, IT IS THE ONLY SHIP THATS 100% CANON. the pair has been living 5 years together, they know everything about each other, and i dont think they can live without each other at this point. after hibernation chisaki wont return to the sea and will marry tsumugu (at the beginning she said she wanted to stay in the sea forever) but this will be part of her character development and change.
Jan 17, 2014 1:29 AM

Feb 2013
THE FEELSSSS!! Seriously, one of the few animes i look forward to every week. Hope manaka comes back before hikari gets old...
Jan 17, 2014 2:16 AM

Jun 2013
Glad that Chisaki and Hikari met each other!

I wonder who woke up as mentioned in the preview...
My guess is Kaname or could it be.... manaka?
Jan 17, 2014 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
Really loving the Chisaki & Hikari reunion, also that part when Hikari showed his true feelings about all of these changes to Tsumugu.
I'm neutral with Chisaki x Tsumugu i suppose. Don't really like but don't really hate either.
Why is Miuna slightly annoying now?! Give me back my loli Miuna! :< (loving her new hairstyle though)
Waiting Kaname to return.
Jan 17, 2014 7:13 AM

Sep 2011
Okay, I really hate writing but I need to write my thoughts on this.

For the theories:

• The only explanation I can think of about Hikari's return is the thickness of his Ena. If this is the case, we may see Kaname and Manaka come back soon. (I hope)
  • Kaname will wake up soon. Just based on how much Sayu is missing him from the Preview.
  • Manaka may return by being caught in Tsumugu's net again. LOL
  • OR they will do the Ofunehiki again and Manaka may return during the event with Hikari waving his flag. (Remember what Manaka said during episode 13 that Hikari should wave the flag so no one will get lost or something like that?) It may also be the Sea People coming back during the Ofunehiki or both Sea People and Manaka.
joori_StrawberryJan 17, 2014 7:20 AM
pew pew pew
Jan 17, 2014 8:06 AM
Jul 2012
I really felt for Hikari throughout the episode. Just looking at how confused he was last episode and this episode as they drove around the town and everything was different. Must have been mentally frustrating that one day he's with all his friends doing the ceremony and the next everyone has changed except for him.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Jan 17, 2014 8:17 AM
Dec 2013
I can't wait for ep 16!!
Jan 17, 2014 8:20 AM

Oct 2013
Hikari chisaki ship not yet sunk,there is still hope,18 and 23 age difference is nothing.
Jan 17, 2014 9:52 AM

Jun 2013
joori_Strawberry said:
Okay, I really hate writing but I need to write my thoughts on this.

For the theories:

• The only explanation I can think of about Hikari's return is the thickness of his Ena. If this is the case, we may see Kaname and Manaka come back soon. (I hope)
  • Kaname will wake up soon. Just based on how much Sayu is missing him from the Preview.
  • Manaka may return by being caught in Tsumugu's net again. LOL
  • OR they will do the Ofunehiki again and Manaka may return during the event with Hikari waving his flag. (Remember what Manaka said during episode 13 that Hikari should wave the flag so no one will get lost or something like that?) It may also be the Sea People coming back during the Ofunehiki or both Sea People and Manaka.

I think that's a good explanation of what happened, and some decent theories about things to come (especially about Manaka being caught in the net lol).

All of Chisaki's anguish made me blubber like a fool. And I think you're right about Miuna and Hikari. This show does a really good job leading around it's love dodecagon or however many pairs there are, but that one seems ill-fated to me.
Jan 17, 2014 9:52 AM

Dec 2012
8/10 ------> 9/10

Brilliant.
Jan 17, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
The feels in this episode were pretty amazing.
Everyone has seen Hikari and now he is not depressed anymore.

Great episode!!!
Jan 17, 2014 3:01 PM

Nov 2010
Marvelous episode along with the stunning backgrounds
The pace was just right and the feelings revealed as it went

Looks like the sea village has been sealed off and protected by the currents,
Poor Hikari, but he was well cared for by his family and friends
Jan 17, 2014 3:25 PM

Oct 2010
I find it funny how people think pulling off an uncle-niece relationship is simple when there's no blood related problems involved.

In the show, others perceive Hikari and Miuna as uncle and niece. Therefore to them, that's going to be a problem. Logically there's nothing wrong with the relationship but to society? That's a whole other story which I don't get why people can't see this. Try placing yourself in the actual story. Even if you say you'd still support it, will you really? I understand hesitantly and gradually you will but immediately?

Heck, why are there so many people unwilling to accept gay marriages when there's nothing wrong with it logically?

To be honest, even though I find Hikari/Miuna pairing cute I sure as hell wouldn't accept it easily. You guys are speaking from a viewer's (outsider's) POV, completely missing the fact that it's not normal and no, fucking love doesn't conquer it all. =,=

But anyways, the backlash Hikari, Chisaki, and, to a lesser extent, Miuna are getting is startling. Whoever described Hikari as underdeveloped and an immature brat is highly laughable and clearly missed the entire series since he developed fairly early.

Also, I don't understand why anyone's belittling Chisaki's insecurities. Here's a friend she thought she'd never see before, a friend who's part of her life, coming back after five years. He never changed and she did. Of course she's going to wonder how she will interact him and how things have changed from then on.

I still don't understand Miuna's crush, to be honest, even if everyone's pointing that the evidence was her blushing a hefty amount of times before. I dunno, I thought she was just the shy type (which she kind of was-ish). At least she gives Hikari room and tries to find ways to cheer him up. And SO WHAT IF SHE WANTS HIM? Wasn't freaking Kaname's attitude like that towards Chisaki? It's like whatever 'disagreeable' traits the females of the show have are marveled and admired when the males of the show have them.

It's annoying. =3=

(On another note: more ChisakixTsugumi moments, kyaaaa~)
Jan 17, 2014 4:06 PM

Oct 2010
Parisbelle said:
I find it funny how people think pulling off an uncle-niece relationship is simple when there's no blood related problems involved.

It wouldn't be simple, but if it's addressed I don't think it'd take as long as you're insinuating. The mere fact that they aren't related by blood would really aid in people's approval. Love doesn't conquer all, but in animes it frequently does. Not that I agree with the notion, but couples that have some form of 'non-official' family relation is definitely common in anime.

Parisbelle said:
And SO WHAT IF SHE WANTS HIM? Wasn't freaking Kaname's attitude like that towards Chisaki? It's like whatever 'disagreeable' traits the females of the show have are marveled and admired when the males of the show have them.

It's annoying. =3=

As for this, I don't think it's a case of male favouritism, but rather because so many people ship Hikari x Manaka, and she's getting in the way. That and of course because of the whole uncle thing. I personally don't mind cuz I can't stand Manaka :P
Jan 17, 2014 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
Madara31 said:
It wouldn't be simple, but if it's addressed I don't think it'd take as long as you're insinuating. The mere fact that they aren't related by blood would really aid in people's approval. Love doesn't conquer all, but in animes it frequently does. Not that I agree with the notion, but couples that have some form of 'non-official' family relation is definitely common in anime.

I personally think it would since Nagi no Asukara takes itself very seriously. If it does go down that path, I'd think it would have to take as long as series that takes incest (okay, so they're not blood related it may not take as long but I think the show would still need to spend a fairly large amount of time) seriously. Thing is, they're family related, blood related or not. NnA is more realistic than most animes so I'm judging the anime differently from how I judge others. Whether the NnA will let me down or not is another story.

Madara31 said:
As for this, I don't think it's a case of male favouritism, but rather because so many people ship Hikari x Manaka, and she's getting in the way. That and of course because of the whole uncle thing. I personally don't mind cuz I can't stand Manaka :P

I'm not even talking about those who ship Hikari and Manaka at this point but about those who favor Kaname when he has really done more damage than Chisaki yet he's loved by many and hardly held responsible for what he has done. (I think my feelings from that were mixed up when I was trying to describe how I felt about Miuna. ;D)

I think I prefer Manaka as a standalone, when she's not so into the whole crush thing (which she never directly says she was in love with anyone but it was kind of obvious she was). She embodies the whole 'maiden in love' thing too idealistically that it's ugh, why can't you just stay single. Plus, I think she's better off single. :P
Jan 17, 2014 4:31 PM

Aug 2013
What a truly magnificent episode! I love the seriousness. Hikari and everyone close to him essentially has to face new challenge which is accepting the new change after the 5 year gap.
Jan 17, 2014 4:48 PM

Oct 2010
Parisbelle said:
I personally think it would since Nagi no Asukara takes itself very seriously. If it does go down that path, I'd think it would have to take as long as series that takes incest (okay, so they're not blood related it may not take as long but I think the show would still need to spend a fairly large amount of time) seriously. Thing is, they're family related, blood related or not. NnA is more realistic than most animes so I'm judging the anime differently from how I judge others. Whether the NnA will let me down or not is another story.

It'd take time, but because pretty much the only thing going on with Miuna right now are her feelings for Hikari, I think they'd be able to incorporate the struggle into the story without too much trouble. Perhaps that'd be Miuna's focus while the other characters address the other issues? I dunno. You may be right in that it'd cause too much controversy. But they have 11 episodes to address it which I think is more than enough considering several animes which I also consider to be realistic have done so in less time (because in those animes, the issue only started getting addressed several episodes in).

Parisbelle said:
I'm not even talking about those who ship Hikari and Manaka at this point but about those who favor Kaname when he has really done more damage than Chisaki yet he's loved by many and hardly held responsible for what he has done. (I think my feelings from that were mixed up when I was trying to describe how I felt about Miuna. ;D)

I think I prefer Manaka as a standalone, when she's not so into the whole crush thing (which she never directly says she was in love with anyone but it was kind of obvious she was). She embodies the whole 'maiden in love' thing too idealistically that it's ugh, why can't you just stay single. Plus, I think she's better off single. :P

To be honest I agree with you on Kaname, I don't really know why he's loved as much as he is considering what he's done. Maybe people just like to support the romantically tragic character. Chisaki can also be considered tragic, but not in a romantic sense. And I'd definitely also prefer Manaka as a standalone. Maybe as a new god or something, I dunno. I think the story would have a bigger impact that way :P
Jan 17, 2014 5:24 PM

Aug 2013
hahaha! Hikari's harem! Miuna, chisaki and manaka! wahahahaha, I'm glad kaname is still asleep, cos chisaki will only be bothered by him. Hahahaha I lol'd at chisaki, nice body but the same attitude 5 years ago. hahaha
Jan 17, 2014 5:41 PM
Jan 2012
Glad Hikari bounced back already. His depression didn't feel prolonged at all and we still got them feels from it so it was executed nicely. And those Chisaki x Tsugumu, Chisaki x Hikari and Miuna x Hikari interactions were great :D
Jan 17, 2014 7:30 PM

Jun 2013
Hikari and his nephew! The almighty "kancho" team is born ladies and gentlemen :)
Jan 17, 2014 8:45 PM

Feb 2013
Looks like we are back to the status quo in some sense.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jan 17, 2014 9:38 PM

Nov 2012
Hikari venting out his feelings to Tsumugu was sad to see :(.

Hikari's reunion with Chisaki was even sadder,actually teared up abit ;___;.Glad to see Hikari hasn't changed though.
(Speaking out which dat animation during that scene breathtaking.)

I feel like no one is really going to care about Kaname coming back(other than Sayu).In the end he really did get screwed over.
Jan 17, 2014 11:24 PM
Mar 2009
Really starting to ship Tsumugu x Chisaki now..
Jan 17, 2014 11:47 PM

Feb 2012
The fuck? Is this fucking netorare or should I say cheating?
Jan 17, 2014 11:54 PM

Dec 2012
Amble said:
The fuck? Is this fucking netorare or should I say cheating?

What is?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.