69.4%
i'm an orphan. boo hoo.
9.4%
raised by animu & mango0o0o0
21.2%
278 votes
Mar 12, 2009 5:29 PM
Nov 2007
so the other day i go over to one of my newer friend's house and get to meet my friend's parents.

and ... ._______.;

the dad was all buddy-buddy and had a sailor mouth and the mom was overly formal/ borderline intimidating.

it was uncomfortable to say the least..
and i dont think ive ever heard my parents curse regularly in conversation, so i was like "... yup. ..."

anyway, just was wondering about everyone else's parents, even
what kind of personalities do your parents have?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2009 5:39 PM

Jul 2008
My parents raised me well yet gave me my space. Im a trouble maker but i dont get caught so im considered the good child and have therefore neverbeen grounded.

Because i never ask for stuff and shit, im pretty much allowed to do what i want. It sucks when your allowed to go out of the country with friends but your friends arent =/
OfficerGraysonMar 12, 2009 5:54 PM
Mar 12, 2009 5:49 PM

Apr 2008
Amazing parents, compared to a lot of people I guess.
I don't really feel like elaborating.
Even if get mad at them from time to time, I know I'm super lucky.
Mar 12, 2009 5:52 PM

Feb 2009
I have a nice father, though he works most of the week so I only see him at night and on weekends. :P

I've never met my mother, though.

Mar 12, 2009 5:54 PM

Jan 2008
I have good parents, compared to many. However, I find that they are kinda overprotective, well my mom is for sure. Not extremely but, i cant go out to friend's houses, and stuff like that. However, as i am getting older that problem is getting better.
Mar 12, 2009 5:54 PM

Oct 2007
I have the type of parents that are still alive.
Mar 12, 2009 5:57 PM

Sep 2008
Typical Asian parents that tell you do to your homework all the time, but they are technologically challenged.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2009 6:03 PM

Oct 2008
My parents are pretty average. They're nice and I'm very lucky to have them, but we don't really communicate much.
Mar 12, 2009 6:12 PM
Feb 2008
My mommy and daddy are some of the coolest people to every be around. I've never heard them curse and my daddy has the same sense of humor that I do. They're pretty lose with me and tell me what's right. I love them.

Mar 12, 2009 6:12 PM
Dec 2008
Mean parents
Mar 12, 2009 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Typical Asian parents that tell you do to your homework all the time, but they are technologically challenged.

Very typical.

My parents are bastards to be honest, can never communicate with my mother.
Mar 12, 2009 6:18 PM

Aug 2008
They are fine? One of my sister's friends commented that everyone in my house cursed like sailors, so I'm not sure if that has much to do with parenting ability or anything. We get along much better now that I'm older and out of the house.

The funny thing is that they are all excited because one of the jobs I'm applying to is very close to where they are moving and I swear they are telling me to move back in. WUT? Maybe until I get settled, but yikes! I don't have the heart to tell them that was a job I was grossly overqualified for and is last ditch choice. Underpaid money > no money
Mar 12, 2009 6:22 PM

Dec 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

Lmao this. Except at one point my dad was learning how to torrent, but gave up halfway.

But I do get along with my parents, relatively. I've always been a pretty quiet and obedient child so, eh.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 12, 2009 6:29 PM
Apr 2008
My parents mostly leave me alone at the house and go out to business trips/vacations/fancy dinners with friends/etc. It's gotten to the point that I'll only see them maybe once every 2-3 days, if I'm lucky. So, I really couldn't tell you much along the lines of what they're like.
Mar 12, 2009 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
The best kind. Parents that live a long way away :)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Mar 12, 2009 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
My mom works from morning till night so we don't really talk much, save for the one or two hours before we all go to sleep. But she's a good mom. She puts me on top of everything she considers. :)

I don't have a dad. He left the family some time ago.
Mar 12, 2009 6:44 PM

Feb 2005
Me and my brother curse and swear so much, so my mother has started to do it too. But I'm hardly ever home these days, so I don't really hang around much.
Mar 12, 2009 6:49 PM

Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

Kyora said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Lmao this. Except at one point my dad was learning how to torrent, but gave up halfway.

But I do get along with my parents, relatively. I've always been a pretty quiet and obedient child so, eh.

Glad to see all Asians are the same. However, my dad believes he is technologically inclined, but isn't. It produces a pretty funny scene
Mar 12, 2009 7:02 PM

Apr 2008
my dad has the sense of humour of a 15 year old. he's really serious when the time calls for it [ like with my grades and behaviour ]. he won't let me cuss. my mom is sarcastic and messy. she likes to play it off that she's not though so people won't think she's a slob. she let's me curse. i'm like half and half of them :/
Mar 12, 2009 7:06 PM

Dec 2008
Aeikai said:
Glad to see all Asians are the same. However, my dad believes he is technologically inclined, but isn't. It produces a pretty funny scene

I'm not at all glad to see Asians being stereotyped. :(
Mar 12, 2009 7:20 PM

May 2008
Man, I am so glad I don't have parents who are Asian.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 12, 2009 7:21 PM

Jun 2008
My mom has Multiple Sclerosis and my dad has Schizophrenia. My mom is much cooler than him though (they're divorced), and she doesn't let her disease get to her, but my dad is off the wall insane and doesn't take any medicine for his mental illness. My mom basically lets me do whatever I want to do (cuss, look at teh pr0nz) but really only cracks down if I'm rude to her or make bad grades. Even though I never see my dad (I don't really want to - hes fucking crazy) I think that my mom fills both roles pretty well despite having a disease.
I'm back.
Mar 12, 2009 7:24 PM

Feb 2009
Ever watch Leave it to Beaver?

Now you know.

Dad passed away though at 80. Mom is 76.

I'd say my mom likely would be 'confused' by my anime if she was still in the area. But she's been a 4 hour drive since 2001.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Mar 12, 2009 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
My mother is one of the few people I know who is intelligent enough to be able to read between the lines in absolutely everything and understand what is really going on and my father is one of the hardest workers I'll ever know.

Plus, we drink together. That's all that really matters.
Mar 12, 2009 7:28 PM

Jun 2008
Sukunai said:
But she's been a 4 hour drive since 2001.

lolwut?
I'm back.
Mar 12, 2009 7:56 PM

Jan 2008
My mommy likes to joke around, but she can be serious/angry at points. :D
And my dad is funnier, joke wise, but he's a naturally angry person, so it's hard to talk to him.
Mar 12, 2009 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
ukonkivi said:

Why? Cos u get no social life? XD

jks
Mar 12, 2009 8:12 PM

Oct 2007
SmileWithMe said:
Aeikai said:

Something tells me that you're not an aZn.
Mar 12, 2009 8:17 PM
Oct 2008
My dad is crazy, he's been to jail a few times. We get along pretty well though I guess. My mom works all day so I don't talk to her much
Signature
Mar 12, 2009 8:24 PM

Dec 2008
llxwarbirdxll said:
SmileWithMe said:
Aeikai said:

I am Asian, have Asian mom but she never asks about my homework or force me to do anything before. She does get a little bit concerned when exams are near though, but she only does so to relieve my stress. lol She's the one who's worried, not me.
Mar 12, 2009 8:27 PM

Oct 2007
SmileWithMe said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
SmileWithMe said:
Aeikai said:

I am Asian, have Asian mom but she never asks about my homework or force me to do anything before. She does get a little bit concerned when exams are near though, but she only does so to relieve my stress. lol She's the one who's worried, not me.
You must be some type of new breed.
Mar 12, 2009 8:29 PM
Apr 2008
Dude, everyone gets stereotyped. Germans get stereotyped as alcoholic Nazis. Irish get stereotyped as alcoholic leprechauns. Russians get stereotyped as alcoholic communists. Point taken.
Mar 12, 2009 8:35 PM

Dec 2008
Not that I'm making a big fuss out of it, I'm just stating how I feel. If I were truly bothered by that I'd make a new thread about it... and then have it moved to spam lulz.

Though I'll admit they are technologically challenged.
MouhappaiMar 12, 2009 8:40 PM
Mar 12, 2009 8:36 PM

Aug 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Mar 12, 2009 10:09 PM

Feb 2009
I have typical asian parents as well. Not really strict on hw and stuff, but kind of overprotective.
Mar 12, 2009 10:11 PM

Apr 2007
I wish I had asian parents. Then I'd really be japanese.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2009 10:13 PM

Nov 2007
The strict Asian mother, and the hard ass Jamaican dad.
sad
Mar 12, 2009 10:13 PM

Nov 2008
Neverender said:
I wish I had asian parents. Then I'd really be japanese.

Me too desu.

NOTE: I am a legitimate (meaning usually on-topic and polite) hit-and-run poster. Do not expect me to reply to your reply to my reply.
Mar 12, 2009 10:19 PM

Feb 2009
typical everyday pain in the "you know what" parents
*hope they don't see this*
Mar 12, 2009 10:30 PM

Feb 2008
They're both pretty cool.

Like, actual people kind of cool.
Mar 12, 2009 10:32 PM

Apr 2007
aichanXD said:
typical everyday pain in the "you know what" parents
*hope they don't see this*

AISHA YOU WORTHLESS EXCUSE FOR A DAUGHTER, WHY YOU TALKIN ABOUT ME BEHIND MY BACK?
Mar 12, 2009 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
Well growing up my mom and dad divorced at a young age so it was pretty much my mom that raised me.

My mother is one of the coolest people in the world. She likes to party but she was only strict when need be. (grades, problems in my life, etc) Plus she always listened to me and my brothers. If a teacher was giving us trouble in school she would go over there and talk to them. (more like if the teacher is a complete ass she'll threaten to tear their eyes out or something. XD) Plus she loves to joke around. She'll call me a problem child and I'll call her the wicked witch of the west. But it's only in good humor. But the relationship between me and my mom is really great.

My dad. Well he's kind of joker as well. He was okay in the past but I absolutely hate his guts now. He's changed over the years and all he does now is uses people. Needless to say if I don't see him again I wouldn't be disappointed.
Mar 12, 2009 10:43 PM

May 2008
Zetsubou1117 said:
Germans get stereotyped as alcoholic Nazis.

I stereotype Germans as extreme antifas. Since 9/10 a German is gonna be one of the most anal nazi haters on the planet.

I don't think there's a place on the planet to be a neo-nazi or Nazi sympathizer than ol' Germany.

Mar 12, 2009 10:47 PM

Jan 2009
ukonkivi said:
Zetsubou1117 said:
Germans get stereotyped as alcoholic Nazis.

I stereotype Germans as extreme antifas. Since 9/10 a German is gonna be one of the most anal nazi haters on the planet.

I don't think there's a place on the planet to be a neo-nazi or Nazi sympathizer than ol' Germany.
I'm German and I hate it when people automatically think that I'm some Nazi. The first time I told my friends I was German in my old school they went around doing the Nazi salute going "HAIL!" I was seriously pissed. And that's why I don't tell anybody my last name at work!
Mar 12, 2009 10:51 PM

May 2008
ukonkivi said:
I don't think there's a place worse on the planet to be a neo-nazi or Nazi sympathizer than ol' Germany.

Forgot my worse. Srsly Germany, we got it, you're not nazi anymore. Chill out.:<

Mar 12, 2009 10:53 PM

Dec 2008
-eWf said:
ukonkivi said:

Why? Cos u get no social life? XD

jks
I dunno about other people but my parents are rather open on me having a social life (when grades are decent and exams are still far away). They encourage me to drink as long as I'm not getting wasted, and don't set a curfew or anything.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 13, 2009 12:02 AM
Apr 2008
Lepchin17 said:
I'm German and I hate it when people automatically think that I'm some Nazi. The first time I told my friends I was German in my old school they went around doing the Nazi salute going "HAIL!" I was seriously pissed. And that's why I don't tell anybody my last name at work!
Lawl, Nazis.

Mar 13, 2009 12:10 AM
Dec 2008
The best, I wouldn't want anything different with my parents.
Mar 13, 2009 2:18 AM

Jan 2008
Well to put it shortly - divorced, and fathre is an alcoholic. Very optimistic huh? ;F
Mar 13, 2009 2:46 AM

Nov 2006
my mom is the best mom ever. i can talk to her about anything. i see her a lot, so we get on each other's nerves sometimes, but if anything happened to her i wouldn't be able to go on.

my dad is the biggest nerd ever and doesn't connect well with other humans sooo...i avoid him. but he's a good guy. he's pretty passive so we can do whatever and he doesn't really care. he gets along better with my brother than with me because he's more technologically inclined, and he's a dude.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Did you ever cut ties with a family member or friend?

Sad - Yesterday

32 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 minutes ago

» is it possible to control any electronic object through brain waves?

FruitPunchBaka - 25 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - May 5

31 by Said_enough »»
37 minutes ago

» Do you celebrate your Birthday

ST63LTH - 4 hours ago

8 by BitChilly »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

738 by deg »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.