Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 7, 2014 6:48 PM

Sep 2013
So back when Grisha injected Eren with whatever was in the syringe, where was Mikasa?

Here Eren says Grisha's "been acting weird since Mom died" which, to me at least, shows they were together for longer than just the injection moment. And even if they werent together for longer, Mikasa is ALWAYS around Eren so why has she not even once mentioned Grisha. But the whole idea of Grisha just showing up out of nowhere, immediately taking Eren somewhere secluded and injecting him then leaving forever is an extremely boring and out of place plot point, especially for AoT.

I can think of 2 possibilities:
One possibility is she was with both of them during that moment and was somehow persuaded to not tell anyone anything about what just happened;
and the other is that she was injected as well and, like Eren, suffers amnesia.

Has no one else thought of this?
Jan 7, 2014 7:30 PM

Oct 2013
Remembering how she had random headaches during the previous arc,its possible she did get injected yes.

You make fair points but shouldnt she get some kind of flashback too?
Even if she did though,if she was forced to stay quiet about it for dunno, for something like Erens sake GG.
Jan 7, 2014 9:01 PM

Oct 2013
Yep, I always thought Mikasa was a little suspicious since the moment Eren woke up and thought her hair looked longer and she told him if he was having bad dreams to tell his dad about it.

Mikasa was always by Eren's side, especially during the time after the wall was breached. To think she knows nothing about Grisha meeting up with Eren long enough to inject him and give him the key is hard to believe.

I don't think she got the same injection as Eren or is a titan shifter though, since the scar on her cheek never healed. But I can't help but think there is something mysterious about her besides the clan mark on her arm we still haven't seen.
starrybeeJan 7, 2014 9:06 PM
Jan 8, 2014 9:07 AM

Dec 2011
bloodswordzkill said:

I don't think she got the same injection as Eren or is a titan shifter though, since the scar on her cheek never healed.

This sentence doesn't really proof anything. On chapter 42, Ryner immediately healed his arm. Following that, you can see that he can heal his wounds any time he want or not at all. But that's just my 1 cent though.
Jan 8, 2014 9:21 AM

Oct 2013
I've never trusted Mikasa. She's a quite suspicious character, I think she hids more than one secret.
1) Both her strenght and healing power are strange strange. When she killed her kidnappers she almost digged an hole in the shack's floor with a single step. As soldier she has always shown a more than human strenght. Her ribs got healed in a really fast way, compared with the long time Levi needed to hail his leg. She's a smart girl however, perhaps she let her scar unhealed to avoid to be too suspicious.

2) She behaves as an Eren's siamese twin but she prentends not to know anything about the famous injection.

3) And what about her mysterious mark on her forearm?

I don't think that she's a titan shifeter but she's involved in some way with Grisha's experiments. Grisha was her family doctor and they lived far from Eren's village. A good place for weird and secret experiments.
Jan 8, 2014 9:57 AM

Jul 2010
Hmmmm from the point of view it seems like Mikasa was watching the doctor do that to his son ,but who knows ,you got a good point there though
Jan 8, 2014 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
I'm going with the theory that Dr Yeager has done something to Mikasa too, it would be the cause of her headaches and her superhuman prowess.

Eren = the sheer will to control the co-ordinate and the Titan.
Mikasa = the best person to protect Eren due to his recklessness ( Dr Yeager knows his son, maybe he anticipated all of this and had modified Mikasa for a certain purpose? Note how quickly he takes Mikasa into his family, he didn't even think about it).
Mikasa wouldn't remember because maybe Dr Yeager has done something that has wiped some of her memories too, maybe he tested an earlier serum on her, that just amplified strength and speed?
Oh.... So many questions and so little answers, that's SnK for you though.
Jan 8, 2014 11:03 AM

May 2010
Some of you have good points in my opinion.
What if Mikasa got sick as a child let's say on the brink of dead and her doctor was Grisha. In order to save her he injected her with something he has been experimenting on.
And then she was able to be stronger than usual and her wounds healed faster. This would explain the scene with the hole in the ground when she was a child.
It would be strange if it would be just a stylistic device to the scene or something. So she was strong even before being adopted and a coincidence made her meet Eren?
Jan 8, 2014 4:04 PM

Sep 2013
Icyness said:
bloodswordzkill said:

I don't think she got the same injection as Eren or is a titan shifter though, since the scar on her cheek never healed.

This sentence doesn't really proof anything. On chapter 42, Ryner immediately healed his arm. Following that, you can see that he can heal his wounds any time he want or not at all. But that's just my 1 cent though.

Exactly. The lack of healing/regeneration doesnt prove anything. Even Eren, before he turned Titan for the 1st time, wasnt regenerating his lost arm and leg in that 1st battle. And as Reiner shows by having a smaller Titan clamp down on his arm, Shifters seem to be fully capable of controlling their regeneration. Titan Annie was also able to prioritize the healing of her eyes as well back when Levi Squad fought her.
Jan 8, 2014 4:44 PM

Nov 2013
Turning everybody into Titan wouldn't be interesting. One of the point that makes the story interesting/great is how mere humans are able to defeat huge beeings like titans.
Jan 8, 2014 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
Now that I think about it, it is pretty suspicious. I mean remember her hips I think it was, I forgot, but it healed so fast. Plus the marks too. I'm not sure about her being a titan shifter, but yeah I agree she is suspicious. Not only Mikasa, but Erwin is starting to seem a bit suspicious too.
Jan 8, 2014 6:33 PM

Dec 2009
Never thought of that... not sure what to think of it either way.
Jan 9, 2014 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
Grisha + Mikasa conspiracy maybe? Perhaps there might be other reason why Mikasa can't let Eren die.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 9, 2014 4:05 AM
Jan 2014
Throttlee said:
They are not siamese twins, it's not because she likes being around him all the damn time, that it means they do everything together, so no, I don't suspect her.

^
Jan 9, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
If Mikasa protects eren out of duty and not love,ill be pretty pissed.
Its gonna get even worse for me if Grisha made Mikasa protect/love eren.
Jan 9, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
She might posses an ability to control matter, it would explain perfectness of her scarf. No, seriously, I think Grisha's injected her something that makes her stronger(, maybe?) and heal faster than an average human being, and that's all. I doubt she knows anything. She probably seems to behave suspiciously because of her horrible past, and the very fact that something is wrong with her. But to tell the truth, I doubt she has some kind of superhuman strength. In my opinion, it looks like she only has more potential than most people. Floor in that house might've just been rotten, it was a real dumpster after all. But if it isn't just Isayama trolling, then we might be in for some real shit. It could even mean she caused Levi's injury on purpose.
Jan 10, 2014 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
^ Yes. There was a plague before 845, which might be the reason why Mikasa remembers Dr. Jaeger, if he had visited to give her or her family a treatment. So, yeah, he might have boosted her and other people's immunity or she might have acquired natural immunity, surviving the illness. There's even a possibility that her abilities might be based off the particularities of the illness itself, which except for being lethal, we know nothing more about.

Healing in titans is connected to the particulars of their transient nature. For example, Eren couldn't heal his hands after his first experiment with Hanji, but popped a tooth out of the blue after the court trial. Reiner didn't suppress his healing in his human form - it was healing, but very slowly, because at that time he was on his "soldier" mode.

However, Mikasa's cheek didn't heal and, man, does anybody doubt that if she could selectively heal, she wouldn't heal it way before Eren had the chance to ever notice it?
A couple of chapters back, during the battle, she was disabled to defend Eren more. If she could heal, no one would pay attention in the whole mess if she would steam a regeneration or two. Yet, she wasn't able to squeeze more strength, miraculous healing and whatnot to the point she almost confessed to Eren, deeming they were all doomed.
So, no. Whatever she is, she keeps the human mainframe after so much horror and distress which drove other characters to their titan forms. She being a human is also a great part of her charm as a main character.

Long story short, basically, this:

short_review said:
Turning everybody into Titan wouldn't be interesting. One of the point that makes the story interesting/great is how mere humans are able to defeat huge beings like titans.
zellamiJan 10, 2014 2:35 PM
Jun 24, 2017 4:07 AM
Jun 2017
I am suspicious on how Mikasa was able to heal so fast, I mean she healed as fast as a titan shifter, hint hint. Anyhow, I feel as though that if Grisha and Mikasa had something going on, wouldn't Eren know that from his father's memory? As far as Mikasa being a titan, I feel as though she can't become a titan since her mother is pure Asian and her father is an Ackerman. But I do suspect that the ninth titan may have been used in the scientific experiment with the Ackermans, therefore the ninth titan is within Ackerman bloodlines, I know this here is far fetched, but that would be exciting.
CoolchristgirlJun 24, 2017 4:16 AM
Jun 24, 2017 5:35 AM

Jun 2016
Coolchristgirl said:
I am suspicious on how Mikasa was able to heal so fast, I mean she healed as fast as a titan shifter, hint hint. Anyhow, I feel as though that if Grisha and Mikasa had something going on, wouldn't Eren know that from his father's memory? As far as Mikasa being a titan, I feel as though she can't become a titan since her mother is pure Asian and her father is an Ackerman. But I do suspect that the ninth titan may have been used in the scientific experiment with the Ackermans, therefore the ninth titan is within Ackerman bloodlines, I know this here is far fetched, but that would be exciting.

This post was from 3 years ago. What the heck? Hahaha!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 25, 2017 7:55 AM

Mar 2016
Old_Raven said:
So back when Grisha injected Eren with whatever was in the syringe, where was Mikasa?

Here Eren says Grisha's "been acting weird since Mom died" which, to me at least, shows they were together for longer than just the injection moment. And even if they werent together for longer, Mikasa is ALWAYS around Eren so why has she not even once mentioned Grisha. But the whole idea of Grisha just showing up out of nowhere, immediately taking Eren somewhere secluded and injecting him then leaving forever is an extremely boring and out of place plot point, especially for AoT.

I can think of 2 possibilities:
One possibility is she was with both of them during that moment and was somehow persuaded to not tell anyone anything about what just happened;
and the other is that she was injected as well and, like Eren, suffers amnesia.

Has no one else thought of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFvgU3QiwQ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.