Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2013 10:10 AM

May 2012
Of course, most of the people who watched this movie are already Gintama fans. They won't understand what's happening there if they did not watch the Gintama series...

I LOVED THIS MOVIE. The action was amazing, the change of characters were cool, the story was incredibly good, the jokes were splendid as usual and the voice actors/actresses were great as ever. No wonder the movie is about to take tha number 1 Ranking on MAL :)
Dec 28, 2013 10:16 AM

Jul 2010
Meh, just rate it whatever score you personally think is appropriate. It will settle down to its rightful place after a while. If the average rating of this movie (or any anime/manga for that matter) is too high/low compared to your rating, then accept the fact that people have different tastes and move on. Sure, the likelihood of people having watched this movie to like Gintama is probably high hence the possibility of bias, but this "issue" also applies to every other anime/manga/medium (i.e. genre/character biases, etc.), so...

In short, rate honestly. All you have to do.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Dec 28, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2010
NotJizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
essentially yah, regardless of their quality they get a handicap due to mal's filter system
In that case everything has a handicap, even shorter shows. Not only because of the way they're scored(why doesn't popularity count?) but in the way they're made, advertised, etc. And I believe MAL's rules were made to protect against handicaps, if someone was able to watch one episode of a 100+ episode show and have their score count the same as someone who's completed all of it then that would be bullshit.
oh no i agree, im not complaining about it id rather limit the score only being affected by people that actually watch the shows, but when it comes to longer series its automatically going to make it rated much higher even for people that have watched a decent amount into it and disliked it for valid reasons,, its a small hiccup in what i consider to be a more just rating system than just rough mean scores

I also wouldnt say the movies get handicaps at all, if anything they get it the worst since you can just sit down and watch it in one go with people rarely dropping them since they are so short
But see here is your problem. You're saying "but when it comes to longer series its automatically going to make it rated much higher", higher than what? There is no default scoring system that everyone agrees is almighty and accurate. MAL uses the Baysian estimate or whatever, other anime listing sites use different ones. MAL decided to have that rule in there and from then on, those scores were accurate in their scoring system, there is nothing before then that you could compare it to, only to an earlier step in the system(like you're doing now) which doesn't makes sense as it's only accurate when it goes through the whole thing.

Yes if you're talking about anime related movies, people will mostly watch them if they liked the series. For some movies if they're not popular and don't show up high on the top anime page only the people who are looking for it and possibly know if through the director or whatever will find it. How many people and which fans will watch it depend on if it's dubbed, the art style, the director, the VAs, the hype or advertising, people understanding what happened, which tropes it used, etc. This is much more complicated than just anything over 1 episode does not have an accurate score.
Dec 28, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2011
^ I guess i should have clarified, i mean they get a handicap over shows that are considerably shorter, people that dislike a show are more likely to finish a 12 episode series and have their score count than a show that 50 episodes, the longer episodes deter people from finishing the entire thing if they arent liking it so far. Same for sequels because not everyone is stupid like me and watch sequels to shows i dislike. Of course the shows actually need to be appealing to the people who watch it and having a lot of episodes doesnt automatically constitute a high score but all im saying is shows like gintama have a unfair advantage over shows that are only 1-2 cour

Mod Edit: Quote tower modified.
ThangLongDec 28, 2013 11:13 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 28, 2013 11:12 AM

Nov 2013
Lastest 75 members that added Gintama Yorozuya yo Eien Nare to their list. 4x the score 1. People must have a lot of free time to spend 262 eps (88 hours) + a movie of 2 hours watching something that they don't like. I wish I could do that too :c
Dec 28, 2013 11:15 AM

Dec 2012
Thread cleaned

Quote tower modified. Please keep the number quote towers (posts with 4 quotes and more) to the minimum guys.
Dec 28, 2013 11:19 AM

Jun 2011
PicoPicoHammer said:
Lastest 75 members that added Gintama Yorozuya yo Eien Nare to their list. 4x the score 1. People must have a lot of free time to spend 262 eps (88 hours) + a movie of 2 hours watching something that they don't like. I wish I could do that too :c

It's always been like that with the top anime. Gintama usually takes a bigger blow because it's not as well-known and has a lot less members than the rest. Either that or they're masochists. Yeah... we'll go with that.
Whatever, it's not like we Gintama fans are going to troll vote their favorite anime (or at least I hope they don't). That would be stupid. I personally don't care which anime is on top, it has no effect on what I like. So let them do whatever they want... Gintama is still one of my favorites regardless.

Dec 28, 2013 12:37 PM

May 2011
HaXXspetten said:
Shifo-Chan said:
Just to bring up the point, but the first season of Gintama (1-201) is already in the top 10 anyway.
even so you need to have watched 41 episodes for your vote to count, which is still quite a lot for someone who didn't like it at all from the very beginning

I think there's plenty of them out there who just set the anime as completed and gave them a 1 score to troll the anime. If they did really watch 41 episodes of gintama, i dont think they'd rate it as one. Nobody would've watch anything for such a long time and rate them as 1 lol

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 28, 2013 1:51 PM

Apr 2009
I doubt it will take a serious blow in the rankings.

I mean, this movie is pretty much built for veteran Gintama fans, and those who have watched this WHOLE series up to this point hating it through and through are probably masochists.
Dec 28, 2013 2:11 PM
Dec 2013
Kiev said:

I think there's plenty of them out there who just set the anime as completed and gave them a 1 score to troll the anime. If they did really watch 41 episodes of gintama, i dont think they'd rate it as one. Nobody would've watch anything for such a long time and rate them as 1 lol

I believe nobody is giving any troll votes to Gintama
Look, They even completely finished the whole anime, Which contains 265 episodes + 2 110min long Movies
I believe they already tried as hard as they could and gave the best judgement, The 1-score
So, Let's respect them for bearing through such a long time in giving the judgement to an anime which they don't even like after 250 episodes++
Which is, I believe more than 5520 minutes in their lives, Or precisely 331200 seconds / 92 hours / 3++days / A tenth of month / A hundred-twentieth of year
One word for them "RESPECT"
KavierzDec 28, 2013 2:18 PM
Dec 28, 2013 2:13 PM

Apr 2009
More like these people need to face their own mortality that watching this whole series takes up a massive amount of time, and they're not gonna live forever.
Dec 28, 2013 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
Kavierz said:
Kiev said:

Look, They even completely finished the whole anime, Which contains 265 episodes + 2 110min long Movies
I believe they already tried as hard as they could and gave the best judgement, The 1-score
So, Let's respect them for bearing through such a long time in giving the judgement to an anime which they don't even like after 250 episodes++
Which is, I believe more than 5520 minutes in their lives, Or precisely 331200 seconds / 92 hours / 3++days / A tenth of month / A hundred-twentieth of year

I'd like to direct your "No troll votes" to this: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=860

Especially ones on the last page where I reported some haters for this movie/series
Dec 28, 2013 3:38 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah so?

Still better than After Story and FMA and I didn't even watch it.
Dec 28, 2013 3:46 PM

Sep 2013
It wasn't anything never before seen or radical, but it was executed with such care and skill that, with the ingredients that this single story and Gintama as a whole have, it can't result anything else but an excellent movie that all the fans love, and rest like or hate.

Because of that, a top spot doesn't surprise me at all.
Dec 28, 2013 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:
Kavierz said:
Kiev said:

I'd like to direct your "No troll votes" to this: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=860

Especially ones on the last page where I reported some haters for this movie/series
wow some of them are fucking idiots, if your going to make an account to downvote something why would you put it as dropped

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 28, 2013 4:12 PM
Jul 2013
It was a awesome movie, I enjoyed it more than Enhousen, it might not be better than gintama'. But I think gintama is the greatest thing ever, and i shed manly tears in the movie, it should be above or right under gintama' in the top 5.

>Much better than OP:Z

>Discuss

Also it hurts my brain to see people who goes to the top anime list and just give them 1/10 just because their favourite anime is underneath it.

Also this guy:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Uchiha_itachi21

How can you drop a movie without watching it? Why did u give it a 1/10 if you haven't watched it?
Jackytheman58Dec 28, 2013 4:24 PM
Dec 28, 2013 7:43 PM

Jan 2013
"My favorite anime isn't #1! I gotta downrate it!"

Honestly? I don't care. Most of the anime I enjoy is down there in the ranking. Anyone who went through the trouble to watch the series and then watch this movie and rate it a 1 really is a masochist. So meh.
Dec 28, 2013 7:50 PM

May 2012
"they need to suck their moms milk instead of creating dummy acct to suck others milk." Chinpo-san said..

Dec 28, 2013 7:53 PM

Apr 2013
Ahmad317 said:
they don't accept the reality that gintama is really great.

Or maybe they have something called "different opinions." I know it's a legend but hey they just might who can tell.
Also I find it really funny how at least 3 people put this under PTW with a 1 rating.
Dec 28, 2013 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
Remember benizakura movie used to be top 10 too, look at it now.
I didn't really like this movie to be honest, though still better than last one.

PWJP said:

Also I find it really funny how at least 3 people put this under PTW with a 1 rating.

those are the real retards. They should know that MAL does not count ratings from users who have not watched at least 1/5th of a show, in this case, a "dropped at - of 1" is pointless. Someone go PM them.
Dec 28, 2013 11:29 PM

Apr 2013
zomg 0.03 'til #1
Dec 28, 2013 11:33 PM

Jan 2013
LeosApathy said:
zomg 0.03 'til #1

Refresh that page, because it's only 0.02 now. Gonna screencap it and force others to watch Gintama.
Dec 28, 2013 11:43 PM

Sep 2011
Don't worry the 1 spam scores will come soon.
Dec 28, 2013 11:49 PM

Dec 2011
I feel this thread has become kind of pointless and dumb (kind of was since the beginning)..

I think it's great and all if a series I like is in the top ten but if not who cares it's not like it detracts value or takes away from my enjoyment..

So ya! gintama is going to be one again and when it lowers ya! still because it freakin exists..
Dec 29, 2013 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
grumpytoast said:
I feel this thread has become kind of pointless and dumb (kind of was since the beginning)..

I think it's great and all if a series I like is in the top ten but if not who cares it's not like it detracts value or takes away from my enjoyment..

So ya! gintama is going to be one again and when it lowers ya! still because it freakin exists..

too much logic for us
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2013 12:16 AM
Aug 2011
What's the point of that Illegitimate accounts thread?
I haven't seen any action taken since those first posts in 2010.

grumpytoast said:

I can't understand you Luffy!

Ahmad317 said:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/corporal_levi

The funniest thing here is scoring Diabolik Lovers with a 10. I'm disappointed in you Levi heichou.
standDec 29, 2013 12:23 AM
Dec 29, 2013 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
parfaited[quote=Ahmad317 said:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/corporal_levi

The funniest thing here is scoring Diabolik Lovers with a 10. I'm disappointed in you Levi heichou.

Anyone who dislikes Gintama must have bad taste in anime. Looking at his list and he didn't even watch .hack//Sign! What the hell man, that was the best one in the series. He even watched the incest filled one and rated it high...

*sigh*
Dec 29, 2013 12:50 AM
Dec 2013
Tyrel said:
Kavierz said:
Kiev said:

You don't catch it ? >.<
Dec 29, 2013 1:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
In other news Steins just went from 9.16 to 9.17 after standing still for god knows how long
HaXXspettenDec 29, 2013 7:50 AM
Dec 29, 2013 1:26 AM

Sep 2011
Kavierz said:
Tyrel said:
Kavierz said:
Kiev said:

You don't catch it ? >.<

I'm guessing you were being sarcastic w/ the "RESPECT" Part?
Dec 29, 2013 1:44 AM

Oct 2013
just like it !
Dec 29, 2013 2:36 AM

Oct 2012
lol at those fools who denies the inevitable
Dec 29, 2013 2:38 AM

Oct 2013
Whoa, it's going to take the 1st place! 9.21 already!

Added Gintama to my Plan to Watch list.
Dec 29, 2013 2:44 AM

Dec 2012
^ Plus its sales, means the movie has fulfill its purpose - to make you watch the franchise, like it, and stay with it.

Gintama has a fairly loyal fandom, I am more surprised it didn't rank first.
Dec 29, 2013 2:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
zellami said:
^ Plus its sales, means the movie has fulfill its purpose - to make you watch the franchise, like it, and stay with it.

Gintama has a fairly loyal fandom, I am more surprised it didn't rank first.
It most likely will be 1st in a day or two, but it's not gonna stay there for too long, give it a month or two and it'll most likely be alongside the other Gintama entries in the top (I.E. somewhere between 4th and 7th)
Dec 29, 2013 3:11 AM

Dec 2012
Well, for a series not currently airing, landing in the top ten is a good rebound for the franchise.

That is, Sunrise or whoever, bring the damn series back!
Dec 29, 2013 4:00 AM

Mar 2013
Coming from a hardcore Gintama fan, I knew and heard good things about the movie, but I didn't expect it to be THAT good. For a troll of an author like Sorachi, he actually knows shit around plotting and film-related stuff better than other overrated mangakas. A mind like him should start working on a drama screenplay or something. Anyways the movie somehow confirmed that the "finale" was just a title. I've already seen it twice.
Dec 29, 2013 6:05 AM

Jan 2013
As long as it's above SnK, I'm okay with this. I don't care about rankings, but watching butthurt SnK fans raging is priceless.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 29, 2013 7:16 AM

Jul 2012
DawnJ said:
As long as it's above SnK, I'm okay with this. I don't care about rankings, but watching butthurt SnK fans raging is priceless.

Where are they raging? I'm a fan, that's why I'm asking.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Dec 29, 2013 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
grumpytoast said:
I feel this thread has become kind of pointless and dumb

pointless petition but thats why I love gintama fans ha!
piss people off just like the anime characters do
Dec 29, 2013 7:41 AM

Oct 2012
One word : It's Gintama
Oops.. I guess it's more than a word xD

Please, even if you (the people who complained about this rank) don't care about Gintama
But there's many Gintama's fans who longed this series to air again, included me!! :)

Note: 9.22 = 9.22
Gintama Movie 2's score = FMA:Brotherhood's score
We just need 0.01 more or 250.000 members xD

RCLE7 said:
just like it !

No, it's "Just Do It"
Rayl1ghtDec 29, 2013 7:48 AM
"Signature removed"
Dec 29, 2013 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
AngrySashimi said:
Coming from a hardcore Gintama fan, I knew and heard good things about the movie, but I didn't expect it to be THAT good. For a troll of an author like Sorachi, he actually knows shit around plotting and film-related stuff better than other overrated mangakas. A mind like him should start working on a drama screenplay or something. Anyways the movie somehow confirmed that the "finale" was just a title. I've already seen it twice.
I feel like if sorachi made just a drama it wouldnt work as well, it seems dramedy is his strong suit, like ikkou kissei was fucking brilliant and all but even with its heartbreaking story it wouldnt have been as good without seeing things like the shogun getting smacked with a can

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 29, 2013 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
AngrySashimi said:

yep I agree~ the movie really surprised me.. it was beyond any expectations I had

+Honestly... the movie being on a top spot is not surprising to me
Dec 29, 2013 8:34 AM

Jul 2011

Clannadtards be mad that Gintama trolls them of their AS ranking, which doesn't really deserve to be up there in the top 10 anyway.
Come at me, my flame shield is ready.

Besides, they're all probably the same person anyway
Even Death has a heart
It's okay to spin around and around in the same place. Just so long as you're singing your heart out.
THAT's what life's all about.

Dec 29, 2013 8:35 AM

Oct 2012
9.22 already huh? let start it, the countdown for the bleeding of their anus
Dec 29, 2013 8:37 AM

Oct 2012
Shifo-Chan said:

Clannadtards be mad that Gintama trolls them of their AS ranking, which doesn't really deserve to be up there in the top 10 anyway.
Come at me, my flame shield is ready.

Besides, they're all probably the same person anyway

True!
Dec 29, 2013 8:40 AM

Apr 2013
I'm going to give this a 10 just because why the fuck not.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 29, 2013 8:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Emnay said:
I'm going to give this a 10 just because why the fuck not.
>how to counteract the 1/10 trollvotes: make 10/10 trollvotes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

myth720 - Jul 6, 2013

418 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Jan 15, 4:05 AM

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

30 by Volt10 »»
Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.