Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2013 1:04 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really don't get God Warriors like this guy that knew Hilda even before the ring. It should be obvious she had a 180 change in character and yet they are all like "No i can't believe it!". How stupid can they be?
Dec 7, 2014 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
Great fight.
Apr 21, 2015 12:15 PM

Feb 2009
The fights with Siegfried are indeed among the best in this Asgard arc, and actually entertaining.
Nov 29, 2017 8:31 AM

Aug 2012
Seiya has been incredibly useless this arc so far. He has practically been a liability, even more than Shun normally is haha
Apr 15, 2018 2:18 PM
Nov 2017
How many times is Shaina going to play the role of human shield?
Apr 18, 2018 6:54 PM

Jun 2016
I definitely want to mention something I haven't for last few episodes but I've constantly been thinking of. The building collapsing and the storm from outside knocking Seiya and Hyoga out was a totally contrived way to making sure they'd all go fight Siegfried together unless I'm misunderstanding it in some way. At least the manner in how Hyoga wasn't carried by Seiya since it wouldn't be possible, but was carried by Shun and Ikki was more coherent.

And, Siegfried shows himself to be the strongest God Warrior by far, handily taking down every saint. He seems to be as close to Hilda as Hagen was to Freya, and by collecting Hagen's sapphire it shows those two were close. We see another shade of duty and morality here, where it seems that Siegfried knows Hilda has been controlled perhaps, but instead of challenging her he's decided to protect her and give her the benefit of her doubt, over an oath- perhaps the oath of being a God Warrior like Thor, or perhaps something more personal. His line about no one being stronger than Hilda reminded me of our own Saori and how her saints view her cosmos.

Either way it leads me to my next confusion, I may be missing out on this information, or forgetting it, but were the God Warriors God Warriors before Hilda was possessed? I'm cloudy on a timeline for the events of this arc. She told Siegfried that the peace would end soon as they would have to fight once the God Warriors were reborn and that's what threw me off. It seems they were going to fight someone anyways, just not necessarily Sanctuary nor would they plan to take over the world. In fact, Hilda told Fenrir he was a God Warrior when she was actually already changed, so that means it was after she had the ring put on her that they were awoken. This leads me to believe that she could have awoken the God Warriors herself and was controlled to now, or that the man who gave her the ring who's self pronounced 'stronger than Odin' used his strength to revive them early than intended? As you can see I'm a bit confused about the plot in this arc, but I can probably chop that up to questionable subs and the story not being done or revealed yet!

Diego45 said:
How many times is Shaina going to play the role of human shield?

I was going to say, Marin came to be a hostage and Shaina came to be a human shield!
Apr 18, 2018 8:57 PM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
the story not being done or revealed yet!

This. You're going to find out what happened soon™.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.