Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 3, 2016 11:18 PM

Jul 2008
Cults are crazy.

And I'm falling for Koko, damn...
Dec 7, 2017 5:19 PM

Jul 2009
Holy crap that cult was SUPER awkward and weird to watch O_O Sitting through the first half was torture, but at least the second half was OK. We learn more about Kouko and Banri, and man, I really hate the amnesia trope >_< He must have hit his head really hard after falling huh? Maybe it's because of that motorcycle gunning towards him in that flashback scene last episode? I wonder what Mitsuo did to make him mean so much to Kouko. Well, at least with Linda next episode I feel as though we're back to "reality" :P
Apr 7, 2018 3:29 AM

Apr 2013
Eh, that episode was quite bad tbh. There is no way such cultists would let so many people leave just to keep one here, that makes no sense at all. Also another MC with amnesia? It's really getting old you know... *coughs*Nisekoi*coughs*
Nov 3, 2018 8:33 PM

May 2013
He said Barbara LMFAAAAOOOOOO XDDD

I didn't realize it until I started watching this anime, but I appreciate how it's realistic in the sense that most of us won't remember a person's name even after several times interacting with them. Some animes pull that wrong name gag, but with an obnoxious uncaring character as opposed to Golden Time where both Koko AND Tada had trouble with remembering names. It's a very fresh spin to the joke lol

Getting lost in a forest or the middle of nowhere is always a perf time to bond with someone C: I'm liking their budding friendship. Koko's 10% is obvs a pique of interest towards Tada-kun, romantic or not, at this stage. It's unfortunate to say, but her love for Mitsuo is currently very toxic. You should always have your own sense of self value apart from your lover. They should never define you or your existence.

With that being said, I hope Linda won't end up the side girl superhero; always saving Tada in the nick of time but ultimately not winning his love TT^TT I'd be sad for her if that happens ;~;
Mar 7, 2019 4:29 AM

Feb 2018
The final part is very funny, who is Barbara? even though it was Linda xD.
Jul 16, 2019 7:15 AM

Jan 2018
Barbara! no it's Linda LMAO
Mar 16, 2020 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
Everyone is praising Banri's whole monologue about identity, but I'm actually coming to the forum to express my discontent with it. I feel bad for him and all, but I don't think it's necessarily realistic (in terms of the circumstances of his monologue spouting). Not that an anime should be realistic. But it doesn't feel like normal dialogue. I don't think a college freshman would break out into their life story just because their colleague asked them to say something about themselves. Actually, Koko just asked about his girlfriend and he ended up on a tangent about how terrifying his amneisa is. As if someone would introduce all of that inner conflict unto someone they just barely know. I'm glad he ended the monologue by acknowledging how weird it was of him to vent like that. Don't get me wrong, I WISH college freshman could confide in each other like that. Koko certainly didn't seem to mind albeit being at a loss for words. But I just don't think this is the way regular conversations go... especially after being chased through the woods by a religious cult lol. How would I change it? Well... I guess it doesn't need to be changed, because everyone's so happy about it except me. Plus, I'm not sure how I'd change it... I'm not a screenwriter... but that division of their chat didn't sit right with me. I guess I'd try to make Banri's amnesia explanation even more casual than it already was. And shorter, too.

I will agree with the people in this forum deeming Banri an interesting MC, though. This is a fresh anime... a different kinda rom com than the others I've watched. Quite a unique plot, too. Who knew someone with total amnesia and a stalker-wannabe-girlfriend could lead such casual college lives. Unique premise. Overall, I like it all a lot and I really, really dig the humor. I just think the empathetic, meaningful moments they put in every episode are kinda corny. But that's just me.
removed-userMar 16, 2020 1:35 AM
Mar 23, 2020 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
I've come back to this forum approximately one week later because I encountered a screencap I took from the beginning of the episode of 2D-kun. God I love his character. I'm actually on Episode 11 now, and might I say, there's some more good 2D-kun moments to come.

Oct 1, 2020 2:04 AM

Jan 2020
That last part of the episode was really, really sad. Poor Banri, I'm starting to like him a lot.
Oct 1, 2020 9:18 PM

Jun 2020
Three episodes in, and I can safely say I REALLY like this show. I am excited to see how the relationship between Tada and Koko continues to develop too!

Moral of this episode: All eccentric people are cult members, no exception.
Have a great day!

Mar 3, 2021 12:38 PM
Oct 2019
really enjoyed him opening up in the woods about his accident. but overall, i feel like i liked this episode less than the first two. it may just not be my style, but i'm going to give it a few more episodes and see how things shake out
May 31, 2021 7:11 AM
May 2020
3 eps in and koko and banri are escaping from a cult. wild and whacky with a hint of realism added
Sep 21, 2021 3:01 AM

Dec 2013
The cult stuff felt really weird.

Banri having amnesia is a weird twist. I wonder how many episodes it will take for them to return.
Apr 10, 2022 9:58 PM

Dec 2020
Series got real weird real fast this ep. But for sure koukos way of thinking is super toxic
Jun 7, 2022 10:51 PM

Mar 2021
Probably not the first person to write about this, but oh well.

Already starting to see a parallel between Tada and Kaga.

Tada is willing to let go of his former self that he lost and focus on the present. Whereas Kaga seems to be bent on the relationship she had with Mitsuo in the past which she can't seem to let go of.
Oct 12, 2022 4:01 PM
Jul 2021
I've always said to myself I'd watch this anime but I never did so I said no more waiting and watched it right away. I honestly really like it, that's all I have to say.
Dec 6, 2022 12:35 PM

Feb 2022
Guess I'm in the minority because i really liked the forest talk scene.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Dec 26, 2022 5:11 PM
Dec 2022
Esse ep foi bastante legal, principalmente na parte que eles vão pro clube misterioso
eu tive sorte em não perder esse anime, se não fosse por um video do The Hell fazendo recap dele eu teria perdido kkk caso vocês tmbm queiram ver é bem dahora, super recomendo os recap dele! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-72JQmsrNk
super amei esse anime, acho que seria melhor focar bastante no casal como ticaram depois de tudo que passaram, mas ta de parabeens o anime, amei. carinha do youtube tavaa certo sobre o anime, mesmo assim nota 10, voltarei aqui mais vezes pra assistir novamente! espero que tenha 2 temp
Jan 11, 2023 2:13 AM

Jul 2022
¡¿Bárbara?! xDDDDDD

Jan 18, 2023 11:01 PM

Jan 2022
Oh a cute romance, let me watch it, seems normal for now............ wait what why are they in a sect now. It was great and pretty unique.
I like everything, ok
Feb 12, 2023 6:31 AM
Dec 2022
it was great and cute!!
Jul 6, 2023 11:01 AM
Jul 2023
I like the concept and the art. But I only rated it 3/5 because its kind of older than i'm used to. But its an all around great show.
Jul 6, 2023 11:02 AM
Jul 2023
I like the concept and the art. But I only rated it 4/5 because its kind of older than i'm used to. But its an all around great show.
Jul 18, 2023 1:34 PM
Jul 2023
Olyan téren volt költői, ami szerintem szép. Az MC nekem szimpatikus, és ez nyilvánvalóan egy plusz pont
Jul 20, 2023 12:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wow, they just sat and talked, under the stars, for half the episode, and it really didn't drag at all. Like, this is a rom-com, and yet no one is being timid, shy, nervous flustered, not even any blushing when Kouko moves in close to Tada for a second, no stuttering, no garbage internal monologue on Tada's part about what he should do or say since he's next to a smoking hot woman... like NONE OF THAT BULLSH*T. It's like, a real conversation, with both of them opening up to each other. In the land of anime rom-coms, this is, one of the freshest breaths of fresh air, bar none.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 19, 4:53 PM

Feb 2022
The philosophical talk was unpredictable, but perfectly timed at the same time. The questions Kaga asked gave her more depth as a character, so she doesn't really seem as shallow. And finally we have some more Linda action, it's been too long. I reckon that Barbara is his girlfriend or something from the past, so maybe Linda also has some chances. As they say hope dies last.

I think the perspectives of the main characters are incredibly well thought out, to dive a bit into the philosophical part of the anime.
Banri is the personification of a person free of chains one could say. One that doesn't really think much about what is happening, doesn't really care too much about others opinions, just wants to live his life to the fullest. A common ideology that is said to be the best way to live. That's where his memories come into play, one could argue he can live this way because there is nothing holding him back, he has nothing to be attached to. I think though that memories are still important, and such a lifestyle could be achieved no matter the memories behind.
Kaga on the other hand is the personification of a person unable to move on, stuck in the past, and clinging onto the memories, the complete opposite of Banri, this is why I think it's very interesting that she asked those particular questions, maybe this is the start of her change process. She doesn't want to forget her relationship with her childhood friend, and even though he doesn't reciprocate, she still negates it in her head and refuses to move on. A feeling way too painfully relatable for anyone that has been in this type of love-friend kind of situation.

As a conclusion I think this anime excels at creating relatable yet intricate and deep characters and succeeds at telling the story from a mature point of view, through the use of maybe childish looking, some even childish acting characters, which is why so far it doesn't dissappoint, and I'm sure it will get only better from here on out.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.