Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Sep 23, 2019 1:04 PM

Jun 2019
Probably an unpopular opinion (not gonna read the thread to avoid spoilers for what's ahead) but Taiga really annoys me. Makes Ryuji look at her fawning over another guy the whole series, only to get selfish now she can't have him. Fuck off.

Nov 30, 2019 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
Was that really a rejection? In my opinion Minori said pretty much nothing at all and just left in the middle of the conversation. Funny enough it seems like Ami is the most honest person at this point lol
Jan 3, 2020 5:08 AM

Feb 2019
Minorin... No...

I want Minorin x Ryuji T_T

Don't sacrifice yourself like that, Minorin...
Jan 3, 2020 2:38 PM

Aug 2014
stupid love triangles...

but maybe Ryuuji and Ami would better pair and Taiga with Yuusaku,
Minori is too childish and beside being nice to Taiga she is self centered the most...

ami would be really great pair for Ryuuji .... and it is going on since first eps with her when Ryuuji ignored her and treated her differently than others around her. This would be true love but I don't see any of the endings... this anime will end with s.... bad ending

it is like the new opening... ami and minori passing each other and then taiga and ryu passing each other also no one will be happy in the end... just another stupid highschool love...
Thyriad-oPPailovJan 3, 2020 2:45 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 6, 2020 2:08 PM
Dec 2019
OK, so I'm completely lost. Taiga suddenly realizes she loves Ryuuji? But is it actually love or just a dependency because she has no family she needs him to fill that role? Is that what Ami is implying and she realizes how much Ryuuji is amazing and is in love with him, but her pride won't let her confess?

And Minori...I don't understand where her depression suddenly came from a few episodes ago; did something happen off screen where she believed Ryuuji and Taiga actually loved each other, so even though she loves them both she will sacrifice herself to not be with them so they can be with each other?

All these people loving each other, but not loving back because someone else they believe loves them...it's a little messed up.

I might just die if Kitamura reconfesses his love to Taiga and she shoots him down for Ryuuji.
dexstingJan 6, 2020 2:16 PM
Jul 17, 2020 6:19 PM
May 2020
Oh my god... I love Kitamura in his Santa costume.
Aug 10, 2020 11:55 AM
Feb 2017
Wasabi said:
Ugh looks like a TaigaxRyuuji is inevitable. That sucks ass.

Still hoping TaigaxRyuuji would get ripped apart and a reverse plot twist and Ami or Minorin gets back into the picture.

HELL YEAH this is my last hope about the plot, otherwise it's not an 10/10 from me :(
Such close relationship shouldn't have gone romantic.
Aug 16, 2020 8:40 AM

Jun 2020
the fact is unavoidable... let's see how their friendship and romance develop during the next study semester.
Sep 8, 2020 12:41 PM

Aug 2018
Sadaemon said:
Wasabi said:
Ugh looks like a TaigaxRyuuji is inevitable. That sucks ass.

Still hoping TaigaxRyuuji would get ripped apart and a reverse plot twist and Ami or Minorin gets back into the picture.

HELL YEAH this is my last hope about the plot, otherwise it's not an 10/10 from me :(
Such close relationship shouldn't have gone romantic.

Would have been a top anime if they kept their relationship platonic and very original. Second time watching this anime i am wondering why i gave it a 4 score i remember hating the ending.
Sep 28, 2020 3:04 AM
Jun 2014
I'm surprised at how much of a reputation this episode has for being controversial. At some point Taiga was going to end up realising she was into Ryuji and that was handled fairly well. It is consistent with her personality not to realise how much she cares about someone until she ruins something. The only thing that was off was Minorin seeing Taiga losing it. Minorin has had like 5 conversations with Ryuji and he's never cracked any jokes or shown he's not shy as hell around her, so it would make sense that she would reject him whether or not she saw Taiga upset. Having said that it seems like they're trying to make it look like Minorin liked Ryuji which makes no sense.

Anyway, for all the hype for that party they barely spent like an hour there.
Oct 21, 2020 1:31 PM

Feb 2020
This episode was quite an intense emotional rollercoaster. I would lie if I said I didn't smile when I saw Taiga all happy with "Santa Claus", and that I didn't feel very sad at the end.
But. Feelings aside, I can't help but still be bothered by the way Taiga and Ryuuji are written.

First, Taiga. I think I figured what really annoys me about her (aside from her violence that fortunately seems to be gone). It is that the drama is always forced, and the show tries to make it look like her life is way tougher than it really is. Okay, her parents neglected her and that's awful. But why does the show tell me that she's always been all alone until Ryuuji came ? That's not true. That's not true, because Minori exists. Minori, who is just as much of a caring friend as Taiga is. And for Minori to exist for Taiga as a friend, that obviously means they befriended each other. So they can't even tell me that Taiga rejected everyone. If that was the case, Minori wouldn't be there right now.

Plus, I'm starting to get tired of Taiga being portrayed as a poor girl who keeps sacrificing herself. I don't forget what she did before. I can't forget that she's been a bully. Even with a tragic backstory, a bully is a bully. I just want for the show to aknowledge that, to aknowledge that her lack of social skills isn't the real issue here. The issue is that she hurt others because she was hurting. That's not okay, and what happened with Kano is enough to prove it.
And furthermore, this self-sacrificing nature is exaggerated and doesn't make much sense if you really think about it.
Because on one hand, she's portrayed as someone who acts mean and violent on the outside in an attempt to protect herself, even if it means rejecting everyone.
On the other hand, she's portrayed as an incredibly caring person who lets every opportunity slip away from her because she spends too much time trying to make others happy (and no, Christmas has nothing to do with it, she's always been portrayed that way).
She actually can be both, but absolutely not to such a degree. As good-natured as she is, it's not possible for her to have developed such a caring personality if nothing in her life ever made her develop that. If the show wants me to believe that her life is horrible and she's always been alone, it cannot tell me that her self-sacrificing behaviour makes sense. It really doesn't.
And anyway, as I said it is too exaggerated and is even badly explored. For exemple, remember that race Ryuuji and Minori ran just to show Taiga she wasn't alone ? Remember how they both literally fought against the other guys just to be with her ? And remember how, when seeing them do that, Taiga started a monologue about how she was alone but that was okay ? And remember how she didn't even dance with Ryuuji and instead just isolated herself until Kitamura came ? Welp, I'm salty over that.

And now about Ryuuji. I'm having such conflicted feelings about him. I like him, what he did for Taiga was adorable, but he can be a real jerk at times. He actually promised Minori he'd wait for her, and then he just decided not to wait for her, then has been forced by Taiga to go, and then decided not to go because he forgot his present. Okay, he was worried about Taiga, but he completely forgot about Minori and that's not okay. That's why his hero complex is particularly annoying, he makes it look like he can be there for everyone but the facts show he cannot, and he is even ready to abandon someone without even realizing it. If he can't keep his promise, he shouldn't have made it to start with.
And to make it even worse, when Minori finds him in the street (which incidentally showed her he didn't wait for her) and tells him in her own awkward way that she is afraid of building a relationship, his only reaction is to depress over the fact that he's been rejected ? If this guy is apparently the one you can always rely on, why can't he notice right-away how much Minori is suffering and how the issue isn't about him but about her ?!

When it comes to Minori though, I'm caring more and more about her. I still wonder what has really made her become so depressed and I wait for it to be explained, but I really do feel bad for her. She's clearly not okay, and she is unable to express it correctly. And not only that, but now she also knows that Taiga is deeply hurting because of her.
Please stop tormenting my silly girl.

In the end Minori and Ami really are my favorite characters, simply because they're the two that feel the most real in their behaviour. I'm just looking forward to some explanation regarding Minori and more development for Ami.
FafetteOct 21, 2020 1:40 PM
Dec 24, 2020 7:14 AM

Apr 2020
This is the third time that I'm watching this specific episode of Toradora for the celebration of Christmas Eve.

I can never forget the scene where Taiga and Ami singed together in the stage with Holy Night. And of course the moment between Ryuuji dressed as a Santa and Taiga in her house. Ofc the point where Taiga realized his love for Ryuuji, I don't cry to that no more. But I do admit when "Lost in Pieces" hits in, it can really make my eye tear up given the right punch.

So that's it for me, this episode is still good even after 6 months. And hopefully I can still rewatch the whole show next year.

Merry Christmas, fellow weebs. May you enjoy the holiday season and hope you're safe and maybe stuck watching anime for protection.
Dec 24, 2020 6:11 PM
Feb 2017
raiderublaze said:
This is the third time that I'm watching this specific episode of Toradora for the celebration of Christmas Eve.

I can never forget the scene where Taiga and Ami singed together in the stage with Holy Night. And of course the moment between Ryuuji dressed as a Santa and Taiga in her house. Ofc the point where Taiga realized his love for Ryuuji, I don't cry to that no more. But I do admit when "Lost in Pieces" hits in, it can really make my eye tear up given the right punch.

So that's it for me, this episode is still good even after 6 months. And hopefully I can still rewatch the whole show next year.

Merry Christmas, fellow weebs. May you enjoy the holiday season and hope you're safe and maybe stuck watching anime for protection.

You watch it in sub? I personally find the dub fo Toradora to be extremely HQ and rewatching it in a different language can bring more rewatch value.
Dec 24, 2020 6:15 PM

Apr 2020
BlakexEkalb said:
You watch it in sub? I personally find the dub fo Toradora to be extremely HQ and rewatching it in a different language can bring more rewatch value.

I haven't tried the DUB yet of Toradora. Maybe if I have the interest to watch the whole show for the 3rd time, I think I'll watch it on Eng Dub. I tried it before with FranXX and it was decent.
Mar 9, 2021 7:15 PM
Jan 2020
Ryuji hang in there… I already know that Ryuji and Taiga are supposed to be together but… when is that going to happen?
Mar 18, 2021 10:22 AM
Nov 2020
this is literally a harem
Mar 21, 2021 1:35 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
This has been a point long in the making. It always felt weird to me when Kitamura and Taiga were together, it just didn't feel natural to me. Same when Minorin and Ryuji were paired together. I cried a little when Taiga cried, as this is the moment SHE really realizes she loves Ryuji. We all know there was like a hidden crush sort of thing for each other, and it's just now that they're both REALLY starting to realize that they're meant for each other. Also, poor Minorin, just really really out of it right now. I hope she can sort of recover though, ya know?
Apr 25, 2021 1:55 PM
May 2020
imo The Greatest Anime Episode Of All Time

Everything about this episode was perfect, from Ryuuji getting the suit, Topless Kitamura, Ami and Taiga singing to, the Santa Claus bear scene to THAT MOMENT it was incredible
Jun 1, 2021 2:03 PM

Jan 2016
Well rip us Ryuji-Minori shippers. Knew it was inevitable but wanted to keep that last hope. In the end none of them got to enjoy the Christmas party.

Jun 26, 2021 3:06 AM

Jun 2020
Taiga looks good in that dress of hers and Ryuuji looks classy with his suit from Taiga's dad, and a surprise duet from Taiga and Ami and Ami looks great, Kushieda is nowhere to be found

All the blind emotions just flowing out in each of them, Kushieda is really having a hard time right now but Taiga's there to cheer her up, Although Ryuuji went home and came for Taiga that was a weird-looking suit

Damn the tears coming from Taiga, And there she is what a timing while Ryuuji is in his bear costume he uhm got rejected.
Dec 21, 2021 2:40 AM

Feb 2014
I always watch this Christmas episode of Toradora! every year during this time of the year. One of those anime that really have a good Christmas episode.
Dec 24, 2021 10:01 PM

Dec 2015
Here I am, watching this famous Christmas episode of the classic anime Toradora on Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Feb 21, 2022 9:31 PM
May 2021
My favorite episode before the inevitable rushed overly cliche ending. I fail to see why people labeled Taiga as tsundere. I think the term Tsundere changed a lot throughout the decade. Nowadays, characters like Levi from AOT or Trafalgar from OP are the ones considered tsundere.

Taiga is beyond the archetype. From the first episode, we saw her as a very emotional character. When she's not mad and aggressive, she cries a lot, or sulks in the corner wondering why no one could understand her. I think this episode perfectly encapsulates her growth as a character. She finally had a tight grip with her emotions and chose to held onto it until her eventual outburst.
Mar 4, 2022 9:30 PM

Jan 2020
What an episode. A roller-coaster for it's entirety

It's pretty obvious where the direction is going now when it comes to romance

Apr 12, 2022 3:43 PM

Mar 2010
Damn Kushieda really had to see that.. was Hoping it went unnoticed and Kushieda and ryuji paired up.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 5, 2022 9:25 PM

Oct 2020
This was a pretty intense way to end the Christmas arc, but I'm glad we're getting some substantial payoff.
Taiga realizing her feelings for Ryu was done so well.

And I'm sorry to say it -- I know that we're supposed to feel bad for Minori, but I never found myself caring much for her character. From day one she's been the epitome of the manic-pixie-dream-girl archetype and it's infuriating.
Jul 9, 2022 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
Taiga and Ryu look so fucking adorable when they're all dressed up, my jaw was on the floor :(

It took forever but seeing Taiga finally realize how much she depended on Ryu, and the inevitable feelings for him that go along with that. They both went tried as hard as they could to make each other happy, and I thought that was especially nice for Taiga to do. After she went home and she was going on about not having anyone to lean on, I was wondering if she'd actually not realized how much Ryu did for her, but thank god.

Ryu didn't really hold to his promise of waiting there for Minori the whole time and I feel like he kinda put Taiga above her, cuz he probably has more feelings for Taiga at this point than Minori. I'm wondering if Minori shot him down like that because she saw how Taiga felt, and that whole time she was afraid of driving a wedge between them maybe? Minori is still a bit of a mystery, nothing adds up so far.

I wish the episode was a little bit more split up, there were a lot of emotional moments in there. Caught me off guard a few times too.
Nov 20, 2022 8:52 AM
Jan 2022
The part when Taiga met "Santa" made my heart melt. It was soo sweet until taiga took off the bear's head and she got to her normal phase of just being angry at the main character guy.
Dec 11, 2022 4:12 AM

Aug 2020
I was a bit expecting Takusa and Taiga to separate for a while, considering the remarks that Ami made about "playing daddy", which might make him think he should let her go. But instead Ami seems to have let go, and while we still don't see much if Kushieda's inner thoughts, she stepped out too, with the "I don't think I need to see a ghost/UFO" which was clearly a talk about love.

Taiga realizing Kitumura was more a crush and that she cares more about Takasu than she thought, was an intense scene
Dec 24, 2022 10:02 PM
Feb 2021
Why does my chest hurt and why are my eyes wet?
Feb 26, 2023 6:40 AM

Jan 2020
At this point, I just hoped the anime ended in School Day's style....
Mar 9, 2023 2:11 PM

Nov 2017
Well that's what I call a payoff for character arc! Damn, they know what they wrote was great
Jun 9, 2023 2:49 PM
May 2023
It was really good but i feel that it missed something but i can't get my finger on it.
Jul 21, 2023 3:54 PM
Jul 2023
One of the best episodes, some of the greatest moments are in this episode.
Jul 21, 2023 3:55 PM
Jul 2023
One of the best episodes, some of the greatest moments are in this episode.
Sep 2, 2023 3:53 AM
Sep 2023
gonna fall off after this

Spaceyy64Sep 2, 2023 5:58 AM
Sep 9, 2023 10:35 PM
Dec 2022
i just ugly cried, punched myself and everything this series is way too relatble to my life and it hurts
Nov 22, 2023 7:00 PM
Mar 2023
Taiga has such a great voice. Felt sorry for Taiga when she finally realized her feelings for Ryu crying outside her building.
Dec 17, 2023 1:17 AM

Nov 2023
Hmm, well im kinda confused atm
Dec 24, 2023 1:27 PM

Aug 2022
The Christmas Eve episode! Taiga finally realized that she loves Ryuuji! I feel bad for Minori though :(
Dec 28, 2023 4:19 AM

Jun 2021
Ryuuji looks pretty good with hair gel pushed back and that attire, and that "wish you a happy single life" to the teacher were the only good moments.

Kitamura returned to some of his worst ridiculous standards... the song... i straight up skipped it. Sorry, my hatred for the most awful time of the year is this strong. Not a fan of the ending, but at least this arc (the most annoying part at least) seems finally over.
_untitledJan 11, 2:06 AM
Jan 22, 10:25 PM

Dec 2019
Why does my heart hurt?
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 6, 1:19 AM
Jun 2022
took ya long enough
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.