Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa....that scientist is out of his freaking mind. http://i.imgur.com/MdW7vfl.png

I have to admit that I enjoyed watching Saten more than I had thought this episode. Well yeah it's over. The Sisters' Arc was fucking brilliant in the first 16 episodes. At least they wrapped this up. Oh and that OP song in the second half of this episode bought me nostalgia. Shinobu ;.;
Sep 27, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
The moment when that lab lady told Febri about Misaka. Wow, they got all Judgement group! Misaka's fight while carrying Febri. Robots equivalent to level 4... but they got the robots from Kotobuki-san's character's family to go against. Oh, wow, so many casts including ITEM! In despair, he activated the final phase/destroying whole city. That robot and sisters are the key to help out. Janie woke up with Febri. Saving the world, and lab girl is wearing goth loli dress!

Showing Last Order and Acce. at the end + others.

OPs from S (1st), OVA 1st Season (2nd) as inserted songs!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 27, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
I can't believe I actually watched that entire arc. It really was horrible.

Sisters arc - 8/10
Silent Party - Generous 3/10

Overall - 6/10.
Sep 27, 2013 9:35 AM

Feb 2009
Oh god, that was just too painful to watch. Too many bullshit and contradictions to list.
From Judgment brigade actually putting up a resistance to freaking powered suits using pitchforks and riot shields to Saten's bat to Saten piloting a freaking mecha to STUDY having mecha with artillery yet the 20,000 army ends up with just metal bats to the freaking FIVE_OVER design of Meltdowner to Misaka in space and not burning up in atmosphere reentry.
They even managed to shoehorn Touma being fine despite supposedly being bedridden after Angel Fall in the present timeline. And Accelerator with LO when they haven't even met yet too. Not even these guys and Misaki saved this episode.

Fucking Nagai Space. Fucking Cloverfield.
And no Index III announcement.
Sep 27, 2013 9:42 AM

Apr 2013
Its finally over. Didn't enjoy this arc that much, but I'll still miss this show.
The action this episode made it somewhat enjoyable. Loved hearing all the fripSide music again too.
Sep 27, 2013 10:34 AM

Mar 2013
to be honest doing a filler arc was a bad choice, totally detracted from the well done sisters arc. But overall the series was okay. 7/10
Sep 27, 2013 11:00 AM

Aug 2009
I am supposed to accept that empty powered suits that wouldnt be working anyway without Febri's sister's power are stopped when a they are pierced by a pole?What exactly is damaged anyway?Empty space?

And I guess every Judgement member has acquired Saint level strength through their training to be able to stop them.
Those shields are freaking awesome.That's what the united forces against Gremlin should use to defend against Gungnir.They did a very good job against Powered suits that can bring down entire buildings.....

Saten's bat>>>>Gungnir
Saten>Any Amakusa Church member.And obviously a mecha pilot prodigy.Gundam pilots should take lessons.
Cleaning robots>Mjolnir

Some eps ago Misaka couldnt even scratch ONE of those powered suits but now she is able to KO multiple of them while also carrying Febri.You make up bullshit,at least dont contradict them JC.And I didnt know she could increase her speed through her electricity.

That day Anti Skill just didnt give a fuck.

MIsaka and Kuroko being ok during the lift off and being ok while in the thermoshpere or exoshpere and being ok during reentry(ninja'd).
It appears that Misaka's Unlimited reach Railgun isnt limited in the OPs either.

Those lame ass mecha that STUDY piloted better not be FIVE_OVERs.

The only logical scene was Kongou with Awatsuki and Wannai fighting and Item although I am not sure what the latter were saying.Too bad that they were ruined by the bullshit of the rest of the ep.

I hope that the final scenes are supposed to be some days later and they didnt just include Accelerator and Last Order just for the sake of it.
Was there any meaning to Fre nda's butt shot?

Silent Party arc in one word:BULLSHIT.
1-16:10/10
17-24:4/10
Railgun S:7/10
ssjokgSep 27, 2013 12:08 PM
Sep 27, 2013 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
Whoo. It's over, finally.
Personally, I liked this episode better than the whole arc. I just love those moments when they played "Only My Railgun" and "Judgelight" as the osts throughout the whole action episode. Now they did it with Sister's noise, and that was nostalgic, despite being 12 weeks ago.

But! No Index III announcement, worst episode ever :D
Sep 27, 2013 12:32 PM

Aug 2012
Dat Misaka slap doe.
Sep 27, 2013 2:17 PM

Jun 2011
I don't think this arc was that bad. Misaka had some good character development followed from the previous arc.

Electronic records erased, people's memories erased. It is like this never happened, aka a true filler arc. (wwwwww
Sep 27, 2013 2:47 PM

Aug 2009
Shih said:
I don't think this arc was that bad. Misaka had some good character development followed from the previous arc.

Electronic records erased, people's memories erased. It is like this never happened, aka a true filler arc. (wwwwww
no such thing was found after ep16
Sep 27, 2013 3:00 PM

Mar 2008
OMG, it's YOSHINO AGAIN!
That guy needs to retire from writing scripts for anime. Just look at how many animes died in his hand.
Sep 27, 2013 3:58 PM
Mar 2013
It's been a while since I've rolled my eyes at an anime, but seriously, that pseudo-gundam thing was rediculous.

And what was up with Misaka? I thought Touma was the show's moral mouthpiece but apparently his "I must make a speech to every main villain" has rubbed off on her.

I lol'd at the Accelerator/LO and Touma cameo, they just had to put them in there didn't they?
Sep 27, 2013 4:41 PM

Sep 2011
Oh wow, looks like this was actually really bad, I am glad I avoided this arc, I will just pretend the series ended at Episode 16 and wait for the Queen in Season 3!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 27, 2013 5:45 PM

Sep 2012
well.. sisters arc was pretty awesome from misaka point of view.

this arc.. hmm... not really ... though febli quite cute..

my sadness that this series didn't put shokuhou any worth scene, only introduction of her character... -.-
Sep 27, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2009
- The timeline makes sense. If we're going by the Raildex timeline then all this happens on the same day as Touma and Misaka's fake date during the side stories. It's retarded and retconning as fuck.
- How did Kuroko and Misaka survive the descent? In Index teleportation conserves momentum, you don’t just appear in some new spot with no physics involved
- Why does an airline company have a mech?
- Why did they put two middle school girls in charge of the mech?
- Why are STUDY’s robots so weak they can be beaten by school students armed with riot shields and what look like big metal brooms? Why don’t they have guns?
- Why didn’t Misaka just use that cool speedster trick to apprehend the STUDY leader when he was attempting to hold her hostage earlier?
- Why is Yomikawa fine with kids going out to fight the dark side of Academy City? It goes against her character entirely.
- How could Kuroko and Misaka talk in space?
Sep 27, 2013 8:18 PM
Jun 2009
I will add my main facepalm moment in this episode:

The gigant mecha "staging" while ascending... WTF was that. Rockets drop stages as the fuel in them finishes. But the arms and legs were simply dead weight from the start. They should have left those parts at the ground in the first place.

ssjokg said:
It appears that Misaka's Unlimited reach Railgun isnt limited in the OPs either.

Actually, this is the only criticism that may be mistaken here. As they were in the upper atmosphere/space, there is little air resistance to fight against. Assuming that misaka can accelerate it enough, it may even escape earth's gravity. And unlike coins, it will not burn up as the thing is huge anyway.

My only question is what happened with newton's third law there.
Sep 27, 2013 8:36 PM

Apr 2009
I know they wanted to bring a flashy finale to this arc, but this episode looked really stupid way too often.

And while Sisters arc by itself is good... watching a fourth version of it was somewhat lacking in excitement.
Sep 27, 2013 8:51 PM

Apr 2008
Er..... a lil too flashy for an ending. At least ITEM made an appearance!

Anyways, for some reason, I think that the producers are trying to tell us something about this particular scene. But i can't quite put my finger on it..... :P

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/Kazejimonji/foreshadowing.png
Sep 27, 2013 8:58 PM

Sep 2008
as all the comments before me say, i'll just say this

this deserved a 10 until episode 15 =D, i'll leave it a t a nine, and i'll just forget the whole second half =)

...they wasted their money onthis, instead of doing seaso 3...
J.C. must really love saten...they should just do some "to aru no futsu no saten" or something like that so that they dont mess up with the railgun arc anymore...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 27, 2013 11:21 PM

Jun 2011
I am placing my bet that they will announce Index III in the BD special of railgun S
Sep 27, 2013 11:40 PM

Jun 2011
ssjokg said:
Shih said:

Really? I thought the fact that Misaka is asking her friends for help is a huge contrast to the previous arc.
Sep 28, 2013 1:07 AM

Feb 2010
mixed bag sister arc was fantastic but the filler arc was just forgettable.
Sep 28, 2013 1:28 AM

Sep 2013
all you guys watched episode 24 huh?
I am still waiting for the vietname translation in my country =_=
but i hope that there will be big fighting, like near the end of ss1

btw, Kihara Gensei is trully evil, more than Frankenstein :3
Child Error Incident - do you remember, and some another cruel experiment which i can't remember @@
Sep 28, 2013 2:51 AM

Aug 2009
Shih said:
ssjokg said:
Shih said:

Really? I thought the fact that Misaka is asking her friends for help is a huge contrast to the previous arc.

It isnt char development when it has happened plenty of times both before and after the Sisters arc without Misaka going against her own belief/personality and exposing not only her friends but all of Judgement and more to the Darkness of Academy City.Silent Party arc was char regression, not development, for Misaka.

It is a a huge contrast to the previous arc and that is the problem.

Manabu said:
I will add my main facepalm moment in this episode:

The gigant mecha "staging" while ascending... WTF was that. Rockets drop stages as the fuel in them finishes. But the arms and legs were simply dead weight from the start. They should have left those parts at the ground in the first place.

ssjokg said:

Actually, this is the only criticism that may be mistaken here. As they were in the upper atmosphere/space, there is little air resistance to fight against. Assuming that misaka can accelerate it enough, it may even escape earth's gravity. And unlike coins, it will not burn up as the thing is huge anyway.

My only question is what happened with newton's third law there.

I find it hard to believe that her reach increased from 50 m to over 400km.And even if it can I doubt they thought about it while writing the scene when they put Kuroko and Misaka breathing and talking in 100~km above ground.
IchiroEX said:
Er..... a lil too flashy for an ending. At least ITEM made an appearance!

Anyways, for some reason, I think that the producers are trying to tell us something about this particular scene. But i can't quite put my finger on it..... :P

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/Kazejimonji/foreshadowing.png
Nah.There is too much showing
Amarrez said:
-
- Why is Yomikawa fine with kids going out to fight the dark side of Academy City? It goes against her character entirely.

Oops I missed that.

Well when they ruin the main character's personality you dont expect that they will respect supporting chars right?

EDIT:It seems to me that no Railgun only viewer has come here yet since there is comment on Accelerator being with mini Misaka.
ssjokgSep 28, 2013 3:25 AM
Sep 28, 2013 5:37 AM
Feb 2013
Shih said:

nice joke you got there bro. this arc is a filler.
Sep 28, 2013 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
ssjokg said:
EDIT:It seems to me that no Railgun only viewer has come here yet since there is comment on Accelerator being with mini Misaka.

Probably shouldn't read into it too much. I'm sure from what I've heard about the episode, the Railgun-only fans will ignore any inconsistencies presented in the episode and automatically call this one of the best episodes of the season :(

Honestly, I'm quite torn. On one hand, I can see why the Railgun Only fans will love this episode so much; I can really understand them and think this episode is a fantastic example of how anime should be. But being an LN reader, this episode and entire arc comes across as abysmal as it is chronologically and technically inconsistent; and Index, if nothing else, is a story that prides itself on being grounded on a technically and logically consistent set of rules and laws that govern its supernatural powers.

It hurts even more when you compare the arc to the current Index LN and Railgun Manga Spoilers; which are quite literally among the franchise's best material and making LN readers scream like girls with the developments which occur.
Sep 28, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2009
OHandS said:
ssjokg said:

Probably shouldn't read into it too much. I'm sure from what I've heard about the episode, the Railgun-only fans will ignore any inconsistencies presented in the episode and automatically call this one of the best episodes of the season :(

Honestly, I'm quite torn. On one hand, I can see why the Railgun Only fans will love this episode so much; I can really understand them and think this episode is a fantastic example of how anime should be. But being an LN reader, this episode and entire arc comes across as abysmal as it is chronologically and technically inconsistent; and Index, if nothing else, is a story that prides itself on being grounded on a technically and logically consistent set of rules and laws that govern its supernatural powers.

It hurts even more when you compare the arc to the current Index LN and Railgun Manga Spoilers; which are quite literally among the franchise's best material and making LN readers scream like girls with the developments which occur.

It doesnt even have to do with being consistent with Raildex.
Powered suits being pushed back by Level 0 teens,Saten learning the "basics" of piloting mecha in a day or less,Misaka overpowering multiple suits while carrying Febri when she barely defended against one before,Kuroko and Misaka breathing and talking in space,Misaka and Kuroko having a safe reentry and a bunch of other stuff is just bad writing even for a standalone.

As far as the canon story is concerned I only keep Shinobu's life status.And I hope that Kamachi-sensei will do the same.
ssjokgSep 28, 2013 6:42 AM
Sep 28, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2013
what actually happened in ep24
i still haven't watched it in vietnamese language and you guys are discussing about powered suits and space O_O
Sep 28, 2013 8:46 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Kuroko and Misaka breathing and talking in space

Not only Batman can breathe in space, you know.

Sep 28, 2013 10:02 AM
Sep 2013
honestly i enjoyed this arc and the ending, and well you may say that this arc is full of controversy but in my point of view, this arc is worth to watch. I agree that Misaka's character had develop alot, that she's trying to rely on her friends, rather than stupidly settle things by herself. Minus for this arc is the duration is too short, that makes lot of things not explained well..
Sep 28, 2013 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
hahailham1 said:
honestly i enjoyed this arc and the ending, and well you may say that this arc is full of controversy but in my point of view, this arc is worth to watch. I agree that Misaka's character had develop alot, that she's trying to rely on her friends, rather than stupidly settle things by herself. Minus for this arc is the duration is too short, that makes lot of things not explained well..

She didnt develop at all in this arc.

Yes how stupid of her was it that she didnt put her friends fight in situations where monsters like Accelerator could and did appear if front of her.How stupid of her to actually value their lives and know their limits.

What was stupid was asking their help here when she thought that her enemies were the same as before.The only reason nobody died in this ep or even the entire arc is because the writer wanted it so and not because it was possible within Railgun's or Index's fictional universe.
ssjokgSep 29, 2013 3:22 AM
Sep 28, 2013 4:27 PM

Apr 2008
On "don't think, just enjoy the car crash" seat
Except, could Mikoto so easily make a debt to Misaki like that ? The Queen seems like the person who like to ask for payback when she know it's the most inconvenient time possible.

> atmospheric re-entry
Script team: well, Kanzaki survived, why can't Mikoto ?
Sep 28, 2013 4:53 PM
Feb 2013
OHandS said:
ssjokg said:

well i hate that other railgunfags singing praises to final episode of railgun as if it is the best in the whole franchise.
i also read some comments like
"This arc is better than anything that kamachi pulled in his ass"
"Saten is the only decent character out of this horrible franchise, therefore all she does is automatically better. The contradiction be damned. Only autistic obsessive fans care about the plot"
"Silent Party arc is better than NT8 because saten is there"
or something like that.
Sep 28, 2013 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
balongbitz said:
OHandS said:
ssjokg said:

well i hate that other railgunfags singing praises to final episode of railgun as if it is the best in the whole franchise.
"Saten is the only decent character out of this horrible franchise, therefore all she does is automatically better. The contradiction be damned. Only autistic obsessive fans care about the plot"
or something like that.

Wait a second, why do people even like Saten the character?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 28, 2013 10:29 PM

Jul 2013
GodlyKyon said:
balongbitz said:
OHandS said:
ssjokg said:

or something like that.

Wait a second, why do people even like Saten the character?

Now hang on a second, shouldn't that be obvious by now? They are just judging her using a different set of standards. From a slice of life POV, she is quite an ideal character. However, from a dark action fantasy POV, she is useless. The anime is really overstating any role she could play on the battlefield so they have to break her character and make her appear more useful than she could possibly be. "But its okay as long as its Saten, right?" No. To me, the only role that she has from the second POV is to get herself into trouble and needing to get rescued (its happened 3 times already; even more in the anime (ep1 intro). Honestly, the above quotes have to be from trolls.

As a side note, Misaka works well in both POVs while Kamijou literally becomes stellar in the second POV. I also would love to mention the paradoxical observation that the Index light novels have more slice of life than the Railgun manga!
Sep 28, 2013 11:32 PM

Aug 2009
nseika said:
On "don't think, just enjoy the car crash" seat
Except, could Mikoto so easily make a debt to Misaki like that ? The Queen seems like the person who like to ask for payback when she know it's the most inconvenient time possible.

> atmospheric re-entry
Script team: well, Kanzaki survived, why can't Mikoto ?

No she wouldn't.
The Queen isnt that bad.

I didnt know that Misaka was a Saint.Maybe they should do Misaka all powerfull and make her survive headshots,limb dismemberment,3000 Celsius temp etc etc in RAilgun 3.They should either have fans as supervisors or just simply learn that they cant just make up shit just for the sake of it.

OHandS said:

As a side note, Misaka works well in both POVs while Kamijou literally becomes stellar in the second POV. I also would love to mention the paradoxical observation that the Index light novels have more slice of life than the Railgun manga!

SOL in RAildex isnt bad.At least not when the writer knows what he is doing.Remember Kongou's intro in the manga?Compare it with the anime.Touma's actual relationship with the rest of his class(in the anime it looks like he talks only with Aogami and Tsuchimikado till the Festival arc)?
Sep 28, 2013 11:52 PM

Sep 2008
A metaphorical video of what I think of Silent Party.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ylZSLU2oPU

Damned fun spinoff second arc. Fun and silly, rather than the fun and serious tone of the first season.
(Sisters arc was zero fun, more like "gripping" good to watch). Oh and lulz at Misaka having to swallow her pride. :P

I wonder how the manga is progressing. Need more material for a season 3 if ever.

Edit: Spelling
NV2301Sep 29, 2013 2:09 AM
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Sep 29, 2013 12:55 AM

Aug 2013
It is pretty epic for an ending, although most of it is nonsensical.
I still like this part though.
Sep 29, 2013 4:57 AM

Sep 2011
This arc ruined it for me :. 10/10 for Sister arc and 4/10 for this one.

8/10 Overall
Sep 29, 2013 5:16 AM
Jun 2013
does anyone have the link to the english subs
Sep 29, 2013 5:20 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
They even managed to shoehorn Touma being fine despite supposedly being bedridden after Angel Fall in the present timeline. And Accelerator with LO when they haven't even met yet too.
Actually by this episode, Accelerator had already met LO. This episode takes place on Aug 31st early morning and Accelerator met LO the previous night, and Touma was not bedridden at that time - in fact Misaka went right after the combat in this episode for a date with Touma. But anyway, I do not see those scenes at the end credit as all happening immediately after the events in this arc but some time afterwards.

In fact fans in Japan constructed a timeline with pics that show how the events in this arc fit into the Index and Railgun timelines that already exist, proving that there is no contradictions for this anime original arc (although it indeed makes Misaka extremely busy lol).

http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/66_20130928232338f74.jpg

Anyway I think this final episode is pretty epic and well done. I could feel the tension and the excitement, and as much as certain things are stretched I find it exhilarating to see*everyone* gets involved, from the crowd of Judgement, to Kougou trio, to the Sisters, to Banri and even Item and surprisingly Mental Out Misaki. I got to see Kougou launching a huge robot into the sky, Kuroko teleporting in (and from) high altitude and Misaka railgun-ing the robot as a big missile. Far-fetching? True, but I got high watching all these epic scenes, so I am satisfied. And what's most important is how this arc counterbalances the sister's arc to go back to the consistent theme in Railgun series, which is the power of friendship. I just love how it showed Misaka grew and learned from the unforgettable incidents in the previous sister's arc and put it to good use. This is how the series should end and I believe it succeeds in doing that. I approve this series with two thumbs up.
symbvSep 29, 2013 5:24 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 29, 2013 5:35 AM

Aug 2009
^Except that Misaka was inside the dorms since early morning before goint on the fake date,so she couldnt be at two places at the same time.
As for Accel and LO the question is how many days after 31/8 is the final scene in the airport?Definitely after 1 or 2 of September.

As for me I see it as her not learning anything.
Sep 29, 2013 5:44 AM

Jul 2013
symbv said:
belatkuro said:
They even managed to shoehorn Touma being fine despite supposedly being bedridden after Angel Fall in the present timeline. And Accelerator with LO when they haven't even met yet too.
Actually by this episode, Accelerator had already met LO. This episode takes place on Aug 31st early morning and Accelerator met LO the previous night, and Touma was not bedridden at that time - in fact Misaka went right after the combat in this episode for a date with Touma. But anyway, I do not see those scenes at the end credit as all happening immediately after the events in this arc but some time afterwards.

In fact fans in Japan constructed a timeline with pics that show how the events in this arc fit into the Index and Railgun timelines that already exist, proving that there is no contradictions for this anime original arc (although it indeed makes Misaka extremely busy lol).

That timeline in the link simply does not work; it is possible that the Angel Fall arc itself was told differently in the anime but it is impossible to squeeze such a great event as the finale of this season into such a small length of time. Index LN fans have already kept close watch of the passing of days in the Silent Party Arc and it can be easily proven that it is inconsistent with the other Index material; which honestly, isn't a problem considering this is anime filler which is at best semi-canon, similar to the Poltergeist Arc.

Here is a more consistent calendar: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Index_Calendar
Try and fit Silent Party into it...
Sep 29, 2013 5:46 AM

Feb 2013
Loved this season! hoping for s3 :D
Sep 29, 2013 6:00 AM

Sep 2012
At least they played Future Gazer as well as every single Railgun opening except Only My Railgun lmao.
Sep 29, 2013 6:05 AM

Jul 2013
I just turned my brain off to enjoy this anime original arc.
Having said that, It was an epic episode for me, I had that stupid grin on my face the whole time.

Now, it's time to pray for Index S3
Sep 29, 2013 6:15 AM

Sep 2012
This was the perfect last episode.
I mean all that beautiful animation, FripSide, Kuroko, MELTDOWNER and even that one second of Misaki!
The way this episode was done was just perfect. An amazing ending to an average anime original arc.

The whole series gets a 10/10.
I mean the Sister's Arc was so thrilling and great that I couldn't rate it any lower.

I can't wait for Railgun SS!
Sep 29, 2013 6:24 AM

Nov 2009
Felt this arc was slightly better than what most people give it credit for, though overall it was still very forgettable. At least it wasn't borderline unwatchable like season 1's filler arc lol
Sep 29, 2013 6:50 AM

Feb 2009
symbv said:

Accelerator met LO on Aug 31, not Aug 30. And Misaka came out of her dorm before she went on a date with Touma on the same date, Aug 31. That's why that is not possible.

And I've actually been counting the days myself since the start of this arc. I posted my count on each episode thread.
Ep 17: August 23(next day after cookie scene with Misaka and Touma)
Ep 18: August 24-25(two days passed as they visited Banri, gets discharged the next day then meets Febri)
Ep19: August 25-26(nighttime when they adopted Febri up until new day)
Ep 20: August 26-27(gets attacked by powered suit, Febri hospitalized, episode ended on a new day)
Ep 21: Same day August 27(no change in sky brightness)
Ep 22: August 27-28(Misaka interrogates Kihara, new day when she found Shinobu)
Ep 23: August 28-29(preparations, final battle)
Ep 24: August 29 obviously.

If we're to take the epilogue to happen exactly the following day, August 30, then it still won't make sense as again, Accel hasn't met LO and Touma isn't back at school yet. September 1 is also out as that's the battle with Sherry Cromwell and Misaka is also in there.

Finally, Kongou being heavily involved in the story automatically makes this arc a big contradiction to the timeline as Kongou is suppose to be a new transfer student in Tokiwadai and arrived at around August 26-27.
belatkuroSep 29, 2013 6:55 AM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

104 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.