Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2013 11:56 PM

Nov 2008
This was really not a good series, made me depressed and felt bad for Tomoko. How could i even laugh at that? As entertainment it was not good for me.

3/10
Sep 25, 2013 12:14 AM

Oct 2012
x_Teu_x said:
What's the music playing during de cockroach scene?

In the closing credits, it says that the insert song (挿入歌) for Episode 12 was:
「Fly to dark」
Lyrics (作詞) - 山本芽衣子
Arranged (作編曲) - コジマミノリ
Song (歌) - 小田ユウ
I am not certain that this is the song that was playing during the cockroach scene.
So far, I can't see that anybody has uploaded it anywhere.
okanaganSep 25, 2013 12:18 AM
Sep 25, 2013 12:20 AM

Mar 2012
Why does the insert sound suspiciously familiar to God Knows? Gotta love that 'nother reference.
Sep 25, 2013 12:45 AM
Apr 2011
The reason why they can't adapt some more comedy scenes from the manga is because the anime got stuck in a awkward part in the story. The new funny stuff in the manga is mostly in her 2nd year in high school which IMO has a lot of interesting scenes because
Sep 25, 2013 1:50 AM

Jun 2012
Was good overall, but could have been better.
Sep 25, 2013 1:52 AM
May 2012
Gonan miss this, my weekly dosage of cringing.
8/10

Sep 25, 2013 2:48 AM
Jul 2012
lots of references, hare hare dance from haruhi, SNK salute, another (had me rolling for a good few minutes)

btw, is it a cultural or a generation thing? cut is just a cockroach, no reason to be running from it, esp not the guys, an its no big deal to step on it, now if she did it with her bare foot, then maybe there would be some reason for disgust from the whole class lol but atleast she had her slipper on lol better than letting the thing run around (and apparently) scaring the class
Sep 25, 2013 3:00 AM

Dec 2009
I would have wanted to feel bad for Tomoko for countless of episodes more.

Shame it ended, awesome show. 9/10
Sep 25, 2013 3:10 AM

Oct 2009
Not sure whether this was a happy ending or not.
Really loved every episode of this and that ending was so random o.o

Guess we wont see a season 2 anytime soon since the OVA is set for Oct 2014 :(

8/10
Sep 25, 2013 3:49 AM

Jun 2013
fuck man the amount of feelings and another is back lol epic panty shot lol fuck that OP is awesome damn it's over

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w601/khaledwx/watamote_12_hd_ftw_acbmkv_snapshot_2337_20130925_114004_zps8ea3a50a.jpg
AxelucardSep 25, 2013 3:54 AM
Sep 25, 2013 4:08 AM

Sep 2012
SNK!!
This anime is entertaining. 8/10
Sep 25, 2013 5:15 AM
Jan 2013
Wtf, this is one of this anime's worst last episode, then again the Imae fanservice is awesome.
Sep 25, 2013 5:34 AM
May 2012
Great anime. i dropped it first but it's actually very good. this ending is awesome, the running scene. i never liked Tomoko so this is a perfect end. no forced happy ending, it's almost sad.

9/10
Sep 25, 2013 5:51 AM

May 2011
Raphow said:
if she had atleast a bit of integrity of what she preaches than this could be alot better, e.g. always thinking she is better than anyone else but does not manage to have a conversation with anyone,...pisses me kinda off cuz of only talk but no walk, i know that is supposed to be the funny factor here but for me it was more irritating than anything else,... she should have managed to make 1 or 2 friends by conversing only to find out she is still lonely and only assumes to have friends and suffer a mental break down like in onani master kurosawa,... but my humble opinion does matter so little so 6/10 it is

Agree with the irritating part. First few episodes made me sympathise her. But as the series goes on, it shows us that:

greenmush said:

[...] the main character never made any improvements, blaming everything on others until the end. In the end her character only got worse. [...] Cheating against children, lying to all her friends, thinking about herself most of the time, causing her brother trouble and acting like its always his fault. Really sad, so disappointed, the main character is so pathetic i feel so sorry for her.

Even in the last episode, she was bad mouthing about Yu saying that her grades are so horrible bla bla bla, except she has nobody to bad-mouth to but herself. In the end, I sympathise the people around her instead.

Yes, I do find it funny in the first few episodes, but as it goes on, it becomes corny and went downhill. But the main reason is probably due to the MC revealing her horrible personality and thoughts to us. Yes yes, I know that's the point of the show, but my point is it made some people like me irritated. If she only have social disorder then maybe I won't be so annoyed.

Though of course, the good thing about this show is that her character, problems and thoughts are well shown. I can't enjoy it so much, probably because it's just not my type of show due the things I'd mention.

6/10
Sep 25, 2013 6:15 AM
Jan 2013
Boring finale. Comedy was not funny, and the drama was shallow. I don't know what the creators tried to do. The series itself was interesting though.

Some people were talking about her mental issues. I think she likely ends up having a difficult life in terms of relationship. For she lacks ability to perceive people's feelings. (For example, she don't even perceive her brother's feelings and made a lot of troubles.) She don't know what people think and how they feel, which makes it difficult for her to interact with people. Sure she communicates with her family and Yuu, but they are generous/forgiving and immune to her shortcomings so that she can be relaxed and talk to them without stress. The problem is it's impossible to expect it from everyone. Some, like Imae, may be caring and forgiving, but most of people are not. Thus whenever trying to associate with others, she likely keeps disgusting or offending them unintentionally, and naturally they would ignore or offend her back, which would make her hesitate to communicate with others more and more. She don't know she has made mistakes (or offended others) until someone points it out. It's due to her inability to perceive people's feelings. The ability cannot be acquired by her efforts. Meds and surgery wouldn't work as well. Having said that, I think she may make a big success as an artist, game creator, or scientist. She is good at creating her own world, which can provide her with an advantage over other people.
Sep 25, 2013 6:24 AM

Jan 2013
Even in the last episode, she was bad mouthing about Yu saying that her grades are so horrible bla bla bla, except she has nobody to bad-mouth to but herself. In the end, I sympathise the people around her instead.

It's interesting how nobody is picking on her for being the way she is, actually everybody else was really nice to her, even the girls who were supposed to be mean are not at all, that was different and inbteresting and shows how she really is the only one to blame.

lots of references, hare hare dance from haruhi, SNK salute, another (had me rolling for a good few minutes)

That cockroach part was probably a Terraformars reference too. (And just noticed it was mentioned before, sorry about that.)
JaksserSep 25, 2013 6:28 AM
Sep 25, 2013 6:36 AM

Jun 2013
I loved that show ^^
Let me get somehow the feeling when I was at school ^^°
But it was fun to watch and all the refences were awesome ♪
Was a little bit suprised form the SnK refence, cause the Anime is not so old as Haruhi or Another.

But I really enjoy to watched it, and Im a little bit sad that it just ended ._.
Sep 25, 2013 6:55 AM

Feb 2013
Ugh, this show was so disappointing.
Sep 25, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2012
I was going to complain about the show's lack of closure, but then when I thought about it, not 'fitting in' to society is not something that's easily remedied. I'd imagine that a lot of people in Kuroki's situation never quiet got out of it no matter how hard they tried, and I can attest to it after being through some similar experiences. You try and try, and you end up feeling cynical about everything, and in the end you just sigh and say 'fuck it'.

This show hit home for me, and they ended it in the best way possible. I just wished it was a 20-something episode thing rather than 12 :(.
Sep 25, 2013 7:42 AM

Mar 2008
Imae almost sounds like she has a crush on Tomoko but likely its just she's the type that looks after everyone. I could imagine that would be kind of hillarious if it was a crush though since imaging someone making a move on Tomoko her reactions would be akward to the extreme.

This episode is really depressing. I actually cried she was so close :C Worst way to react to someones skirt being blown upward ever xD

Yuu confirmed for ADD by losing track of Tomoko after seeing a kitty xD

I like that they did somehow manage to pull something together that seemed sorta ending like even though it really didn't feel like a proper ending.
Sep 25, 2013 8:22 AM
Apr 2013
I loved the show. The problem is that Tomoko is like Schulz's Charlie Brown in "Peanuts". Charlie Brown couldn't overcome his demons, because that is what his character was based on. Readers always hoped that one day he would kick the football that Lucy held, but Schulz knew that would betray the whole concept.
Sep 25, 2013 9:08 AM

Sep 2009
I don't really understand how lots of you thought parts were hilarious but enough about that...(it happens quite often on here, and I do wonder if it's my British sense of humour being different than those of you who are American or just our choice of wording - please let me know, as I'd love to figure it out, like seriously do people actually "laugh for ages" or are they simply wording it as such to convey that they found something moderately amusing)

Personally, the whole show kept getting worse from about episode 3 onwards. Maybe I didn't relate to the character as I was quite popular in high school (erk...14 years ago!), but definitely some of the awkwardness that we all felt/feel as teens. It just felt circular like it was going nowhere and the joke was overplayed, certainly by mid-season. The whole premise of the show is her being socially inept so it was never going to go anywhere (as that would be the end of the story) but still some growth in character would have been nice. Not read the manga so don't know if that happens eventually or not. Overall, it was okay. Liked the OP. 7ish/10 as I laughed a few times over the season.
Sep 25, 2013 9:09 AM
Feb 2012
Definitely one of the better shows this season. Glad I took the time to watch it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 25, 2013 9:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... this was a unique anime lol. Technically it probably wasn't all that good, but holy smokes Tomoko's one of the best characters I've ever seen xD

9/10 in the end, really enjoyed it
Sep 25, 2013 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
The Another reference really got me.

Compared to the other series this season, I'd say it was one of the better ones, can't say I didn't enjoy it.

7-8/10
Sep 25, 2013 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
she barely made any developments at all...
again, the story was good since her expectations always betrayed and failed...

8/10
Sep 25, 2013 10:53 AM

Sep 2011
I can only say how bad is considering watamote just a comedy. Lot of reviews talking about that. It seems like they didn't know what kind of show they have been viewing.
Sep 25, 2013 12:24 PM
Dec 2012
All these references.

I was hoping to see some kind of character development but nope.

Still, I enjoyed watching this anime so I'll give it 7/10
Sep 25, 2013 12:27 PM

Jan 2011
6.5/10
silversaintSep 25, 2013 2:36 PM
Sep 25, 2013 12:48 PM

Nov 2012
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! is a very good anime. Enjoy it for what it is. The last episode was weak but if Tomoko change her personality(developed) then she wouldn't have stayed true to what the anime is about(social misfit).
Sep 25, 2013 3:31 PM

Jun 2012
I was wrong to think something might have changed by the end of the series. . .
, and I think using references that much for some comedy isn't really that original. That's obvious, haha, but I'm just pointing out that I dislike Watamote's comedy, for the most part (not solely from the references, though).

Not that great a series, and it had quite the amount of viewers, too. I didn't really like it, and had one of the worst art styles this season, with the weird shapes with weird colors on every frame, sometimes the characters have no color, basic shapes for objects/not a lot of detail, etc. It wasn't bad, though, and it was at least entertaining. I was also really excited about the OP by Konomi Suzuki, I really liked her part in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (as singer, she didn't VA it).
So, 5 or 6 out of 10 from me.

Sep 25, 2013 3:55 PM
Feb 2012
okanagan said:
x_Teu_x said:
What's the music playing during de cockroach scene?

In the closing credits, it says that the insert song (挿入歌) for Episode 12 was:
「Fly to dark」
Lyrics (作詞) - 山本芽衣子
Arranged (作編曲) - コジマミノリ
Song (歌) - 小田ユウ
I am not certain that this is the song that was playing during the cockroach scene.
So far, I can't see that anybody has uploaded it anywhere.

Thanks, I did a little search and I think you're right, but I didn't see this music listed anywhere, CDJpan, Last.fm... and I don't know of any (new) watamote ost :S
Sep 25, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
This series was something unique. I can not really describe it, but it was odd in a way. I followed the story fine but , I did get really confused a lot. This anime was depressing in a way to watch I felt so bad for the main character more than I ever felt for a main character EVER. I do not think I will want to remember this anime, but more likely to repress this anime. Overall, this was fine as far as I am concerned.
Sep 25, 2013 8:13 PM
Jul 2013
I definately enjoyed the earlier episodes a lot more, some things just didn't feel very fresh or interesting during the later ones. I'm noticing this is a trend several people are posting about. Still a good series overall though. Great visual representations of anxiety.
Sep 25, 2013 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
Great anime, great finale! I'll miss you Mokocchi!

8/10
*facepalm*
Sep 25, 2013 9:32 PM

Oct 2010
I want there to be a season 2 ;.;
Sep 25, 2013 9:46 PM

Jun 2011
I had doubts going in, but this was quite amusing to watch every week. Wouldn't mind a second season for this.
Sep 25, 2013 10:51 PM

Jun 2008
Very funny, very enjoyable anime.

I liked it a lot and I'm definitely hoping it gets another season.

Solid 8/10
Sep 25, 2013 11:50 PM

Oct 2012
Thank you to the people who pointed out the reference to Terra Formars. I had not
heard of it before. It turns out that it is the number one manga this year, according
to some list. I am already up to Chapter Six. It is a bit disturbing. It makes Gantz
look like Genshiken. It makes Elfen Leid look like Lucky Star. Let's hope for an
anime version soon.

As for Tomoko taking the yuri route, well, I can certainly see some reasons why
some of you have guessed that. If you look carefully at the official definition for
a "mojo" (an unpopular girl), it leaves open the possibility that the girl could be
a sexually-active lesbian.

For those of you who are desperate to see a yuri anime series (since there has not
been any serious yuri anime series since late 2009) you will be happy to know that
Sakura Trick will start in January.
Sep 26, 2013 12:33 AM
Jun 2012
So, why did she run away on the ending again? Because she saw Imae's panties? I'm so confused.
Sep 26, 2013 3:12 AM

Apr 2011
I liked this anime a lot. A friend recommend this to me and I am happy I followed her advice.

It was really enjoyable and funny. And I could see some of her actions in me lol.

9/10
Sep 26, 2013 3:50 AM

Mar 2012
I hope for a S2
Sep 26, 2013 4:31 AM

Aug 2012
okanagan said:
It is a bit disturbing. It makes Gantz
look like Genshiken. It makes Elfen Leid look like Lucky Star. Let's hope for an
anime version soon.

whoa really? that's it, i'm gonna read Terra Formars now. thanks

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 26, 2013 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
Animation was awesome this one.

Finally Tomoko starts thinking realistically and cleverly, but she still fails :3

Loved this anime. I think there will be a Season 2 though, it just lacked closure in the end in my opinion, I think the developers themselves realize there needs to be more research into Imae.
Sep 26, 2013 5:47 AM

Mar 2013
this anime totally describe how my life is.
I enjoy watching this series ( i fucking love it ok ) but at the same time it makes me feel bad sometimes seeing myself in that situation and its like a mirror reflecting all the ugliness within me but im still hoping that they put a bit romance in here (not that kind of romance with her bro ) with other guy i mean.
idk
hahaha maybe im not really used to watch stuffs like this.
overall, its nice, really relatable and pretty hilarious
Sep 26, 2013 7:47 AM

Feb 2013
One of the Best Anime that I ever watched.
And Tomoko, and ending, and everything...
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Sep 26, 2013 3:10 PM

Apr 2010
I didnt liked that ending line ''it doesnt matter''....
Trust me, it does... Especially when u have this kind of experience in real life it is even offensive...
Sep 26, 2013 3:16 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. We got the Shingeki no Kyojin salute and the Another parody! So much win.
This anime entertained me. Don't mind seeing a second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2013 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
I love this serise and I'll miss it so much.
Tomoki reminds me a little of myself when I was a her age.

Sep 26, 2013 7:45 PM

Aug 2013
They finally made an Another reference, nice. I actually really liked this series, even if it never got better for Tomoko. Some of her experiences I could sadly relate to. 8/10.
wow gay
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Yesterday

1 by CatChud »»
Yesterday, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.