Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2013 4:51 PM
Sep 2013
マギのレクイエム (Magi no rekuiemu) "requiem of magi"
The world has 3 magics: pyromancy,
Magicka, and shadowmancy.

The source of this magic is an island with a massive blue crystal called the Magical Nexus (魔法のネクサス
Mahō no Nekusasu).

Pyromancy: the art of controlling fire

Magicka: healing, enchanting, blue magic

Shadowmancy: the art of controlling shadows

Thought an evil 4th magic is appearing: Necromancy created using magic to corrupt a nexus shard by ________

Main characters:

HAJIME (肇): pyromancer, weakling of class, secret/undiscovered powers, main character.

IZUMI (泉): Mage, smart one, not very powerful, very nice and friendly, likes Hajime

HARU (陽): shadowmancer, loner, strong but hides it, really kind but it is hidden.

They are forced to fight this new evil.

Obviously this isn't a complete story. I welcome any ideas and CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms.
Sep 18, 2013 5:03 PM

Apr 2011
Well, there's not much of an idea there. You may not like what I have to say, and I'm really not trying to be mean, but it seems pretty generic so far. Obviously if you flesh out characters and make an interesting plot it could work, but can you?
Sep 18, 2013 7:29 PM
Sep 2013
I understand this is really general but it is not a fully fledged thing yet this is more of a general concept to see if people think the, unfleged out, mechanics are at leat a little interesting. This is a rough draft of a rough draft right now I know this sucks but is ansolultly no where near done based on this info.
Sep 18, 2013 7:31 PM

Jun 2013
Use normal names please...! Like Pedro...
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Sep 18, 2013 8:23 PM
Aug 2013
You should just run with whatever you have; practice will give you all the instinct you need, but this sort of fantasy is good for new writers.

There's not enough to criticize and honestly, the names give off a stench of weeaboo. In the story, I think you'd need to answer, "Why fire? Why shadows? What is healing?" - That is, why are these specifically in the story opposed to any of the innumerable facets of the world?
Sep 18, 2013 8:27 PM
Sep 2013
agaffe said:
You should just run with whatever you have; practice will give you all the instinct you need, but this sort of fantasy is good for new writers.

There's not enough to criticize and honestly, the names give off a stench of weeaboo. In the story, I think you'd need to answer, "Why fire? Why shadows? What is healing?" - That is, why are these specifically in the story opposed to any of the innumerable facets of the world?

Thanks for the recommendation. Now you happen to know someone who will do art for free will you...
Sep 18, 2013 8:29 PM
Aug 2013
I'm pretty good at drawing stick figures, if I may so myself.
Sep 18, 2013 8:29 PM

Jun 2007
I see some conceptual ideas for elements in the story.

I don't see the idea for the story.
Sep 18, 2013 11:17 PM

Feb 2010
Sounds like a masterpiece. One day it would stand side by side with Madoka and Steins;gate.

agaffe said:
the names give off a stench of weeaboo

And not the Kanji (or w.e) provided?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2013 4:04 AM
Sep 2013
MelbShaw said:
Sounds like a masterpiece. One day it would stand side by side with Madoka and Steins;gate.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.
Sep 19, 2013 4:05 AM

Jul 2009
This is like the most generic fantasy story ever. Or maybe just most fantasy manga are generic... hmm..
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Sep 19, 2013 4:10 AM

Dec 2012
adamjc1111 said:
MelbShaw said:

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

He is...
Sep 19, 2013 6:29 AM

Jun 2013
No I don't.

Pretty clichéd characters.

Generic story.
Sep 19, 2013 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
I see some conceptual ideas for elements in the story.

I don't see the idea for the story.

^ pretty much this, you should write a synopsis at least (even if you're not sure about the story yet, you can always make some changes later )

and I have a question about the names you're ginving to the characters and titles.... why are you putting them in japanese/romaji?

if the original version of the story is not japanese it doesn't have much sense in my opinion D: (unless you speak japanese and you're used to hear those names eveyday and etc <--- don't know if I explained myself good enough orz)
NemuriNezumiSep 19, 2013 9:02 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 19, 2013 9:04 AM
May 2012
Sounds stupid. horrible.
Sep 19, 2013 7:43 PM

Apr 2011
Don't be too hard on the guy. Look at his list, his favorite anime is Sword Art Online. It's not that surprising that he watched that and thought "hey, I could probably write something like this".

Stop being such a weeb, if you're going to write something don't pretend like you're Japanese.
Sep 19, 2013 9:12 PM
Sep 2013
Thank you all for your oh so conductive criticism. This not me raging but I do feel you are being harsh, this is not me pretending to be Japanese this me coming up with an idea I thought was good and trying to share it. I felt if I named the characters Jim, Bob and Susan would be stupid but if that is what it takes to be taken seriously I will do that. Sorry for making you waste your time. And it also isn't a Sword art rip it is just my creativity witch I guess is non existent. Thanks.
Sep 19, 2013 9:19 PM

Oct 2012
Are you trying to write a manga or make a shitty generic online game? i can't tell.
Sep 19, 2013 9:53 PM

Jun 2007
adamjc1111 said:
Thank you all for your oh so conductive criticism. This not me raging

It's you showing off a lack of English skills, which means you probably shouldn't write anything.
Sep 19, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2011
adamjc1111 said:
Thank you all for your oh so conductive criticism. This not me raging but I do feel you are being harsh, this is not me pretending to be Japanese this me coming up with an idea I thought was good and trying to share it. I felt if I named the characters Jim, Bob and Susan would be stupid but if that is what it takes to be taken seriously I will do that. Sorry for making you waste your time. And it also isn't a Sword art rip it is just my creativity witch I guess is non existent. Thanks.

Well, you really shouldn't take internet shit talk so serious. You wont last long that way.

Anyways, serious advice... Don't make it have a Japanese theme, there's no need for it. Look at Harry Potter, that has magic, magic isn't something Japanese. You can base it in a setting you are more familiar with. Then, at least the way you described it, it sounds very generic. Do something to make it unique, it doesn't have to be completely original ideas cause that's almost impossible, it's just what you wrote is insanely basic and generic. Lastly, write more and come up with an actual premise and basic plot outline if you want anyone to take it even remotely serious and give you feedback. There's really nothing here to even give you feedback on, that's why people are giving you shit.
Sep 20, 2013 6:54 AM

Jun 2012
adamjc1111 said:
[...] this is not me pretending to be Japanese this me coming up with an idea I thought was good and trying to share it. I felt if I named the characters Jim, Bob and Susan would be stupid but if that is what it takes to be taken seriously I will do that.[...]

I don't think you got my point there

what I was asking is why you put their japanese/kanji version (陽, 泉 & 肇) if your story isn't wrote in japanese (you can put all the names you want, that's not the problem here! but it looks like you spent more time in this (searching the "good" kanjis to make it look like cooler) than the plot itself which actually is none)

and the title the same, you put a title in japanese (マギのレクイエム / Magi no rekuiem ) but you're story isn't wrote in japanese, looks kinda off and that's why I'm telling you (unless you are going to use the english version)

I wasn't trying to be hard on you, but you thread really doesn't even look like anything serious :/
NemuriNezumiSep 20, 2013 7:03 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.