Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 8, 2013 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Michael gave a dragon slayer sword and to intertwin with his sacred gear. Fallen angel and human child... a half? She has both wings of fallen angel and devil. He said he won't hate her regardless of her being fallen angel. That made buchou jealous. Training continues. Gasper is so cute and that guy has ecchi thought as always and Koneko noticed it. Devil and fallen angel meeting... including that childhood girl.

Seems like it's related to previous arc, but not really action packed.
tsubasaloverSep 8, 2013 5:15 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 8, 2013 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Akeno, you just make this episode that damn delicious. Thank God this was uncensored beauty as well. Ugh, Issei you lucky bastard. I'll look forward to seeing how this arc goes. 2 episodes left in the series though so hopefully enough materials will be left...

Stark700Sep 8, 2013 6:55 AM
Sep 8, 2013 6:04 AM

Dec 2012
That jealousy of Rias, Issei has dirty thoughts as always and I wonder why Michael gave that sword to Issei. Not really much action this episode, nonetheless Akeno was so gooood this episode.
Sep 8, 2013 6:24 AM

Jul 2013
This episode was still enjoyable but I couldn't help but feel worried. The pacing in this episode was perfect but I can't help think this is going be an anime only end.

1. There is still a load of stuff to be covered in Volume 4 and with 2 episodes left it doesn't look like they'll finish it without cutting some big corners.
2. From what I can remember Koneko should be at the meeting and not with Gasper. This could cause some problems later on regarding the plot.
3. I also don't remember Irina being at the meeting. She was not supposed to appear to Volume 6. Depending on what happens this may also change the plot later on. Maybe I'm just over thinking things.

I'm wondering what you guys think of this and what do you think will happen? Nevertheless still a great episode overall!
-Dizzy-Sep 8, 2013 6:29 AM
Sep 8, 2013 6:46 AM
Apr 2009
Love that episode.
-Best Girl, Akeno, taking dibs on 3rd wife position
-Rias frustrated that Ise doesn't call her by her first name
-Kiba's facepalm is just a nice LOL moment.

Ophis said:
This episode was still enjoyable but I couldn't help but feel worried. The pacing in this episode was perfect but I can't help think this is going be an anime only end.

1. There is still a load of stuff to be covered in Volume 4 and with 2 episodes left it doesn't look like they'll finish it without cutting some big corners.
2. From what I can remember Koneko should be at the meeting and not with Gasper. This could cause some problems later on regarding the plot.
3. I also don't remember Irina being at the meeting. She was not supposed to appear to Volume 6. Depending on what happens this may also change the plot later on. Maybe I'm just over thinking things.

I'm wondering what you guys think of this and what do you think will happen? Nevertheless still a great episode overall!

What's left to cover is the rest of the meeting and 3 fight segments, which is not too hard to cover in 2 episodes. The location of Koneko and the presence of Irina should be pretty much minor stuffs. Actually, Irina's presence as Michael's bodyguard should make her next appearance as
a little bit more natural because in the novel it was kinda random and forced.
Muy Dangerous thaivuN - The Anime Music Hipster
Youtube Channel
Sep 8, 2013 6:55 AM

May 2012
I liked this episode, had a little of everything. Ankeno made this episode super sexy. My boy Issei got that dragon slayer sword now. Can't wait to see him use it. That meeting was something else. Inside everything looks normal, but outside armies are just waiting for something to pop off. Great episode can't wait for next episode.
Sep 8, 2013 7:06 AM

Jul 2013
thaivuN said:
What's left to cover is the rest of the meeting and 3 fight segments, which is not too hard to cover in 2 episodes. The location of Koneko and the presence of Irina should be pretty much minor stuffs. Actually, Irina's presence as Michael's bodyguard should make her next appearance as
a little bit more natural because in the novel it was kinda random and forced.

I know its minor stuff but that's why I said depending how they handle it, it could turn out to be a problem later.
-Dizzy-Sep 8, 2013 7:12 AM
Sep 8, 2013 8:21 AM

Feb 2009
Yoshimasa Hosoya as Michael. Not bad.
Ascalon looks a little big. I expected it to be smaller compared to Xenovia's Durandal like in that illustration in vol6. Oh well.
And dat Akeno. So delicious. And Rias and her small worries. I liked how this issue was planted this early, though its resolution is still volumes away.
And looking at the preview, Irina might join in the upcoming battle against those shady folks. I don't really mind this. She was still involved in the incident in the previous arc so it makes sense for her to be in this meeting. It doesn't hurt the later volume developments that bad. And more screentime for her is not a bad thing. LN readers are too nitpicky with details. Be a bit more flexible. That's why I sometimes hate people who've read the source material in any adaptation. Well, I do this sometimes on other shows so I'm also guilty...

Lastly, WTF with the second eyecatch!! IT BURNS!!
Sep 8, 2013 10:59 AM

Jul 2009
belatkuro said:
Yoshimasa Hosoya as Michael. Not bad.
Ascalon looks a little big. I expected it to be smaller compared to Xenovia's Durandal like in that illustration in vol6. Oh well.

[...]

Lastly, WTF with the second eyecatch!! IT BURNS!!

well, a drayon slayer sword can définitively not looking like a toothpick.

and yeah, i lost sight at the second catcheye.
BEWARE BRO! IT IS A TRAP!
bruh
Sep 8, 2013 11:47 AM

Mar 2012
I like how the issue of being on first name basis is bought up here. And thanks to Akeno that become a great threat for Rias to makethis hapen.

And the all out battle look like will be hapen next episode. I'm itching to see Azazel in action.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 8, 2013 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
It has been awhile since I've readed the DxD LN but what will actually happen in the next episode?

Sep 8, 2013 12:40 PM

Mar 2012
Remedy_S said:
It has been awhile since I've readed the DxD LN but what will actually happen in the next episode?

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 8, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
I like top meetings :D
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Sep 8, 2013 1:14 PM
Sep 2012
Kiba's reaction is priceless as usual
Damn Gasper, so disturbing... He looks like a cute pet xD

Meeting scene was a bit quiet than I expect, they just gather in a room around a poor table but I guess shit will come soon.
Sep 8, 2013 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
For some reason I stop paying attention to my surroundings and pretty much everything else when Akeno is being awesome. I don't know why.
Kiba's facepalm was perfect. Coupled with Issei's face, I was laughing pretty hard.
Nice episode, and since there's only two left, I'm guessing things will get real from now on.
Sep 8, 2013 6:00 PM

Aug 2013
Ascalon before and after the merge with the Boosted Gear looks badass.
Omg, Akeno... I fucking love you. Ise, you are so damn lucky. Akeno scene was the best part of the entire episode. 12 minutes dedicated to Ascalon, Issei and Akeno.
The music was badass all throughout the entire episode.
Training time with Gasper!
LOL, Kiba's facepalm was epic.
I like how the issue of being on a first name basis with Rias is brought up so early here, and it'll continue to be a problem for quite a while until it's resolved some 6 volumes later. And because of that issue, Rias knows Akeno's a great threat to Rias' goal of being Issei's boyfriend.
Let's repeat ourselves because Akeno deserves it. This was one of the BEST Akeno scenes yet, and Akeno is so HOT. Lucky bastard, Issei. Akeno made this episode so awesome single-handedly.
Serafall in her Maou outfit was so adorably cute! <3
The meeting was awesome and so was the music for it. Those armies though... such tight security and they still get attacked LOL
Dat attack-plan at the very end.
One of the best episodes of season 2 for sure.

They're gonna have JUST enough time to fit EVERYTHING into 2 episodes without cutting anything really important out.
Gary29Sep 9, 2013 5:59 PM
Sep 8, 2013 6:07 PM

Feb 2012
Lollololo Illuminati members invading next week.

Like that meeting, and especially glad to see Irina there, after some stuff goes down with her in the LN, she's slowly becoming one of my favorite females in the series.
Sep 8, 2013 6:11 PM

Aug 2012
Akeno being amazing this episode <3

Sep 8, 2013 6:16 PM
Jul 2013
Akeno claiming her 3rd spot, rias getting jealous and feeling farthest away. Invasion finally happening, good ep!
Sep 8, 2013 6:21 PM

Jun 2012
Akeno-senpai fulfilling the Onee-san role to a tee
Sep 8, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
Akeno is really trying to rise in her spot xD
It's fun when she messes around with Issei, but Rias' jealousy bothers me a bit, especially when she said that she's the farthest away from him, I hope that doesn't lead into anything. But I'm 100% onboard with Issei and Gasper's dream (Mainly Issei's though), and Kiba's reaction was hilarious. And it looks like we have another chair meeting, been quite since I've seen the last one, with two episodes left, I wonder how the events will turn out.
Sep 8, 2013 7:06 PM

Dec 2011
Since I alredy read the LN, I felt so bad when Rias was talking about "positions" on the upstairs with Issei.
HeresiyaSep 8, 2013 11:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2013 7:18 PM

May 2013
Akeno was hot this episode but this is probably the only harem show where I like the main girl. It's about time Issei got a powerup. Lol @ Kiba facepalm.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 8, 2013 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
xJapaliicious said:
Since I alredy read the LN, I felt so bad when Rias was talking about "positions" on the upstairs with Issei.
Sona appear in first season where suposedly she appear in second season and it doesn't affect plot much.
Sep 8, 2013 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
Is it just me or is the Audio out of sync?

Anyway, another good episode nonetheless.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 8, 2013 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Rias....Issei needs to stop messing around and tell her how he feels.
My Candies:
Sep 8, 2013 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Cabron said:
Is it just me or is the Audio out of sync?

Anyway, another good episode nonetheless.

The site i watched it on it was out of sync by a second or two. Shrug =/
IoloSep 9, 2013 3:36 PM
My Candies:
Sep 8, 2013 7:53 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode!!!

Apr 2008
Akeno and Issei part with Rias showing jealousy afterwards was done well. Can feel the emotion from Rias. Irina appearing and Koneko with Gasper just feels weird because of the differences from the light novel, not sure how they are going to fit the contents from the light novel that is suppose to happen within the 2 episodes.

Sep 2013
Its definitely going to be interesting seeing the next few episodes and what will come out of it. Really hope it isn't going to be a bland ending with a lot of cut corners. Still, the anime up to this episode has been fantastic!
Sep 8, 2013 10:11 PM

May 2013
This is getting interesting.
Sep 8, 2013 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
Only two episodes left, guess the final parts will be a bit rushed

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Sep 8, 2013 11:07 PM

Jul 2013
Well things are getting interesting during the ending sequence as well as Akeno reveals a half Fallen Angel with her wings. But at least Issei will still be her ally regardless if she is a Fallen Angel or not.

Akeno was the spotlight for the first half until a jealous Rias felt lost about Issei, well lets see how the drama goes.

Sep 8, 2013 11:36 PM

Dec 2011
NeoAnkara said:
xJapaliicious said:
Sona appear in first season where suposedly she appear in second season and it doesn't affect plot much.

Nice point.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 4:46 AM

May 2013
Dem intermission cards.

Michael hands Issei the Dragon Slayer Holy Sword Ascalon so that Issei can fuse it with his Boosted Gear. Michael will use the meeting as an opportunity to stop the conflict between the three powers.

Akeno is sexy as usual and those wings are just awesome. Good thing Issei has a way with the ladies. But too bad he's still a bit insensitive to the other girls.

Dat meeting. The leaders of each power are gathered around one table, and their respective armies are surrounding the building. I expect a fight.

Azazel is so badass. He's so straight to the point.
But it looks like someone's going to interrupt by capturing Gasper or something.
I wonder how this will turn out.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 9, 2013 6:27 AM

May 2010
Gotta love Akeno-san. Issei, too lucky... I hate Issei, he will prove to be a unfaithful lover for sure...
Sep 9, 2013 6:39 AM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
Oh Akeno, you just make this episode that damn delicious. Thank God this was uncensored beauty as well. Ugh, Issei you lucky bastard. I'll look forward to seeing how this arc goes. 2 episodes left in the series though so hopefully enough materials will be left...

There is waaaaaaaaaaay more than enough material left. The LN's are faaaaar from this point.

It also does well enough on the raitings and sells chart that additional seasons are assured.

Also I love this show
Sep 9, 2013 6:42 AM
Jan 2011
Issei gets the Sword Slayer and also gets to sleep on Akeno's lap, now he can officially call himself the "Harem King."

Oh, is Rias getting jealous?
Sep 9, 2013 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
Nasty001 said:
Issei gets the Sword Slayer and also gets to sleep on Akeno's lap, now he can officially call himself the "Harem King."

Oh, is Rias getting jealous?

Of course shes jealous, she loves him after all. Its pretty obvious. Hes just too dumb to realize it :(
My Candies:
Sep 9, 2013 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
Iolo said:

I feel the same way, but it's gonna take quite a long time before that happens. It'll be interesting to see how Rias handles it until then.
Sep 9, 2013 3:30 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode as always. Akeno.. You amaze me more and more for every episode. More of the love triangel again, well it's fun to watch. Jealousy everywhere. Meeting is okay so far i guess. It was nice to see Irina again though.
Sep 9, 2013 3:38 PM

Aug 2013
Gary29 said:
Iolo said:

I feel the same way, but it's gonna take quite a long time before that happens. It'll be interesting to see how Rias handles it until then.

Hopefully not too long i wanna see how she reacts when he tells her.
My Candies:
Sep 9, 2013 4:39 PM
May 2013
Ramkec said:
Lollololo Illuminati members invading next week.

Like that meeting, and especially glad to see Irina there, after some stuff goes down with her in the LN, she's slowly becoming one of my favorite females in the series.

When I saw those white dressed people I was also instantly thinking of illuminati rofl
Sep 9, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2012
TragicRomance said:
Gotta love Akeno-san. Issei, too lucky... I hate Issei, he will prove to be a unfaithful lover for sure...

Eh... not really. He's pretty faithful but...

Iolo said:
Hopefully not too long i wanna see how she reacts when he tells her.

Let's just say you might not see it in season 3 nor season 4 if DxD ever gets to that point.
swordstriker21Sep 9, 2013 5:45 PM
Sep 9, 2013 7:43 PM

May 2013
lol kiba
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
Sep 9, 2013 9:44 PM

Feb 2012
Akeno again proving why she is my favorite character. Way better scenes alone with Issei then Rias has
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Sep 9, 2013 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
and in this episode..... Akeno Wins and Rias gets full on jealous....

also.....
"The war is starting!!!"
Sep 10, 2013 2:24 AM

Mar 2013
Akeno-chan lets cheating with me ;)
Sep 10, 2013 2:34 AM

Nov 2012
President want "Rias" to be whispered to HER ear. And what a beautiful name to whisper.

Sep 10, 2013 6:10 AM

Aug 2013
kuuurt said:
Akeno: "Ureshii! <3"

OH MY GOD MY FUCKING HEART I THINK IT JUST EXPLODED

Lol, her face when Issei said her name was so perfect. Dat pure and absolute joy. So adorably cute. Akeno's the best. (Can't say that enough, 'cause she really is!) Too bad Rias doesn't get many good scenes alone with Issei anymore for the time being.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.