Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2013 5:38 PM

Oct 2012
Luckily the hacker only decided to touch anime pages, and left all the manga pages intact.

Nov 2010
That Naruto lol
"SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!"
Aug 2011
Wow i've watched and completed like 30 series each with 9000 episodes.
Maybe I should go outside once and a while.
Aug 22, 2013 5:40 PM

Mar 2012
I've managed to change my password the moment I saw this warning.

Hopefully they'll look into this ASAP.
Aug 22, 2013 5:41 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
I found a photograph of him http://tinypic.com/r/m8nr4j/5

For some reason img tags aren't working

Aug 22, 2013 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
https://twitter.com/SSJMaster

The twitter of the "hacker", for anyone who wants to start a flame war. Fucking German.
Aug 22, 2013 5:42 PM

Nov 2012
Wait can they easily hack in our accounts now, without us accidentally giving the info.??
Aug 22, 2013 5:42 PM
Oct 2012
parfaited said:

now there's someone with sense of humor! xD
Aug 22, 2013 5:43 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Hippi93 said:
parfaited said:

now there's someone with sense of humor! xD

I think humor is gonna be needed to keep sanity......

Sep 2009
OtaKael said:
Can a mod pls reset all changes made to my list today? I accidentally deleted a bunch of shit not realizing they were real shows with modified entries. Please, there's no way I'll remember them all myself ;~;

holy shit! you must be in a big mess ...
El. Psy. Congroo.

Dec 2012
parfaited said:

Man Black Butler is starting to get boring and it just went from 26 to 9,000. How the hell am I supposed to finish it now?!?!?

On a serious note though, I think this is the guy who was posting hundreds of gorey images all over the forums a few days ago. Compared to that, this is much more lighthearted.

Jun 2010
MysteriouslyMe said:
Wait can they easily hack in our accounts now, without us accidentally giving the info.??

He's hacked the anime pages themselves, not any account. The accounts link to these pages.
Oct 2012
edmond321 said:

The twitter of the "hacker", for anyone who wants to start a flame war. Fucking German.

i think that's of someone against him. But anyhow, the posts are months old, i don't think it's really relevant.
Aug 22, 2013 5:44 PM

Apr 2012
I'm pretty sure that Bleach actually celebrated its 10,000th episode lately so we probably shouldn't complain.

Dec 2007
he should've made the episode count 9001

Jan 2010
MysteriouslyMe said:

Don't know for sure, but it probably wouldn't hurt to change it if it's one you use on other sites. Better safe than sorry.

May 2013
puddingly said:
MysteriouslyMe said:
Uggghhh.... Now my list is all messed up too. Is anyone trying to fix this? Cuz I'm getting fucking annoyed.
Also I forgot to save myself list. I'm so retarded! Is this gonna get fixed?

They did say they're working on it & trying to revert the borked anime pages.

I'd laugh if they did everything manually in renaming, summarizing, etc in all animes that has been changed
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Hippi93 said:
edmond321 said:

i think that's of someone against him. But anyhow, the posts are months old, i don't think it's really relevant.

Last post 2011 on both blog and twitter

Was there a hacking back then by this guy as well? I read about one in 2012 earlier

Feb 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
parfaited said:

Man Black Butler is starting to get boring and it just went from 26 to 9,000. How the hell am I supposed to finish it now?!?!?

On a serious note though, I think this is the guy who was posting hundreds of gorey images all over the forums a few days ago. Compared to that, this is much more lighthearted.

Did that a couple of hours ago, with a Mods account.
Aug 22, 2013 5:45 PM

Oct 2009
So did this just happen in the last 2 hours or less?
Aug 22, 2013 5:45 PM

Nov 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:

True that... We should be grateful for this then.
Aug 22, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
Earwen said:
he should've made the episode count 9001
I see what you did there.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 22, 2013 5:47 PM
Oct 2012
xSubZero said:
puddingly said:
MysteriouslyMe said:
Uggghhh.... Now my list is all messed up too. Is anyone trying to fix this? Cuz I'm getting fucking annoyed.

I'd laugh if they did everything manually in renaming, summarizing, etc in all animes that has been changed

they gotta have backups....i hope
Aug 22, 2013 5:48 PM

Aug 2012
I guess the hacker got mad at ppl calling him unoriginal and got creative...or tried to...
Aug 22, 2013 5:49 PM
Aug 2013
Hippi93 said:
xSubZero said:
puddingly said:
MysteriouslyMe said:

rollback maybe?
Oct 2012
by the way, look at the name of the guy who started the thread. Do they have like some kind of personal feud?

Sep 2008
Hippi93 said:
xSubZero said:
puddingly said:
MysteriouslyMe said:

I'm sure they back up the lists either daily or weekly.

I only found out about this when it said i watched another IGPX Episode on my FB when i didn't.

I put that on Hold. I hope they catch this bastard soon.
Aug 22, 2013 5:50 PM

Mar 2012
It's funny to see people post the same thing in suppot board.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 22, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Hidden_Joker said:
I guess the hacker got mad at ppl calling him unoriginal and got creative...or tried to...
No, this is the same thing he did last year. Though it was just SSJMaster or Heil SSJmaster or something like that.
Last year as in fall of last year? Or was there an attack before that? I thought this was the second one...
Aug 22, 2013 5:52 PM

Jan 2013
NeoAnkara said:
It's funny to see people post the same thing in suppot board.
+1
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 22, 2013 5:52 PM

Feb 2013
Well I was wondering why on my list blood + was listed as some weird title and had 9000 episodes 0-0, "sigh" I hope this gets fixed soon, its not as annoying as it is odd and completely random, I'll just continue with my business and ignore this disturbance as should most of you.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Aug 22, 2013 5:53 PM

Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Hidden_Joker said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Hidden_Joker said:
No, this is the same thing he did last year. Though it was just SSJMaster or Heil SSJmaster or something like that.
Last year as in fall of last year? Or was there an attack before that? I thought this was the second one...
He did it last year in November(Thanksgiving weekend) and then I heard he did it the year or two before then.
It look like the hacker schedule this in advance.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 22, 2013 5:53 PM

Nov 2011
xKinqdom said:
This should be an interesting battle...Wonder what the hacker actually gains from hacking a Anime List website...lol

he gains a story for his list of epic battles
seizon senryaku !
Aug 22, 2013 5:54 PM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Hidden_Joker said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Hidden_Joker said:
He did it last year in November(Thanksgiving weekend) and then I heard he did it the year or two before then.
Huh...I don't seem to remember him doing this on November...I guess I didn't pay any attention...
Jul 2018
I think hacker tries to say something to us. What the hell is this title man? For real.

May 2013
MasterJ633 said:
Hippi93 said:
xSubZero said:
puddingly said:
MysteriouslyMe said:

I only found out about this when it said i watched another IGPX Episode on my FB when i didn't.

Nah this SSJMaster looks like a super hacker. He hacked lots of sites before too
Aug 2013
Honestly the really sad part is that he didn't change the names of all the animes. You can easily clock millions of operations in a single cpu second so I'm surprised he didn't take the 2 seconds to write a few programs to really do some havoc.
Aug 22, 2013 5:55 PM

Oct 2012
Now some people's signatures have broken BBCode and have the line "Man proposes, SSJMaster disposes" written on them.

Might want to re-check your signatures if you're affected.
Aug 22, 2013 5:55 PM

Sep 2008
xSubZero said:
MasterJ633 said:
Hippi93 said:
xSubZero said:
puddingly said:
MysteriouslyMe said:

Nah this SSJMaster looks like a super hacker. He hacked lots of sites before too

When I saw the "SSJMaster" i thought my account itself was hacked 1st since the name is similar.

Then came here and saw this thread.
Aug 22, 2013 5:56 PM

Mar 2013
They had the BALLS to give some of my lesser-known anime (like Da Garn and Shurato) the legendarily retarded "SSJMaster vs. Xenil" title?! Good thing they didn't get their hands on Ideon, Sgt. Frog, Evangelion, Exkaiser, or GaoGaiGar, or else...
Aug 22, 2013 5:57 PM

Aug 2012
ZTyrant said:
They had the BALLS to give some of my lesser-known anime (like Da Garn and Shurato) the legendarily retarded "SSJMaster vs. Xenil" title?! Good thing they didn't get their hands on Ideon, Sgt. Frog, Evangelion, Exkaiser, or GaoGaiGar, or else...

It almost sounds like you want all those titles changed
Aug 2011
MCsq2 said:
Now some people's signatures have broken BBCode and have the line "Man proposes, SSJMaster disposes" written on them.

The fact that i've never had a sig if finally paying off.

Hidden_Joker said:
Huh...I don't seem to remember him doing this on November...I guess I didn't pay any attention...

I remember only because I would casually go post and the thread was full of gore ;~;

ihateeveryone said:
parfaited said:
Why go outside when you can hack anime websites?

True that.
That sounds like the ultimate lifetime achievement.
standAug 22, 2013 6:00 PM

Mar 2013
Hidden_Joker said:
ZTyrant said:

I don't. I was just expressing a negative opinion on how they changed these titles.
Aug 22, 2013 5:58 PM
Apr 2013
Hidden_Joker said:
ZTyrant said:

Lol, I was going to say the same exact thing.

Oct 2009
parfaited said:
MCsq2 said:

The fact that i've never had a sig if finally paying off.

This. Welcome to the club.

Nov 2012
Aren't we like satisfying his needs? He just a wants to spark an outrage of the MAL community. So far, we've done just the thing.

Jun 2012
Get your shit together m8
Aug 22, 2013 5:59 PM
Mar 2013
wtf why is this happening nooo
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
MCsq2 said:

Can you please list them, or better yet, report them.
Oct 2012
chainpullz said:
Honestly the really sad part is that he didn't change the names of all the animes. You can easily clock millions of operations in a single cpu second so I'm surprised he didn't take the 2 seconds to write a few programs to really do some havoc.

maybe he did write a program which does this automatically (i really think he didn't do it manually), But if he has only hacked an admin's account (which i think is more likely than him having hacked the whole server), then the titles have to be changed one by one, and there the protocol's clock counts, and not the cpu's.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

214 by Veredus »»
8 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.