Forum Settings
Forums

Vocaloid Producer Jin's 'Kagerou Project' to Be Animated Under Name 'Mekaku City Actors' by Shaft

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 15, 2013 4:02 PM

Apr 2010
this is good news. the manga is pretty decent. hopefully kagerou project fit the anime format a bit better than the manga.
Aug 15, 2013 4:37 PM

Feb 2010
I've been in the Kagepro fandom for too long. This news made me jump off my chair.
Hopefully it turns out great :3
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Aug 15, 2013 4:46 PM

Aug 2011
yukiiholic said:
Also, what is the order of the songs for Kagerou Days? I've heard that there are songs that go with it just like the Night Fever songs but I could be wrong.

http://kagerouproject.wikia.com/wiki/Songs

Here's one song order but I think different people will tell you different orders. The first two don't have official PVs but you can find fanmade ones on Youtube. Also while the songs and videos alone are awesome, they won't really make any sense as a whole story. The manga, light novels, and info on the wikis from the creator Jin tell the actual story, while the songs themselves are kinda just glimpses into it from different perspectives. Hope that helps :)
Aug 15, 2013 4:47 PM

Oct 2010
Didn't expect Shaft to pick this one up, but hey I'm in
Aug 15, 2013 5:07 PM

Jun 2011
An animated Konoha by SHAFT<3
Aug 15, 2013 5:45 PM

Aug 2011
VioLink said:
Laciie said:
VioLink said:
After watching "Heat haze days" I remember thinking "wow it would be great if this got an OVA" and now almost year later it's getting a TV series by Shaft. This is truly a miracle.

It's not actually just Heat-haze Days, it's the entire KagePro series. You should listen to the rest of the songs if you haven't already, they're really good.

I have, its just Heat haze days was the first one I watched.

Ah, I see. Same here actually. XD That's how I got into it.
Aug 15, 2013 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
Shaft......instant love...
Aug 15, 2013 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
Laciie said:
VioLink said:
Laciie said:
VioLink said:
After watching "Heat haze days" I remember thinking "wow it would be great if this got an OVA" and now almost year later it's getting a TV series by Shaft. This is truly a miracle.

It's not actually just Heat-haze Days, it's the entire KagePro series. You should listen to the rest of the songs if you haven't already, they're really good.

But I wonder will it be a adaptation of the songs, the LN, or the manga which takes place after the events in most the songs.
[center]
Aug 15, 2013 6:02 PM

Aug 2012
By Shaft? Then i shall watch it even though i know nothing about the Kagerou Project.
Aug 15, 2013 6:25 PM

Oct 2011
Projektorinski said:
yukiiholic said:
Also, what is the order of the songs for Kagerou Days? I've heard that there are songs that go with it just like the Night Fever songs but I could be wrong.

http://kagerouproject.wikia.com/wiki/Songs

Here's one song order but I think different people will tell you different orders. The first two don't have official PVs but you can find fanmade ones on Youtube. Also while the songs and videos alone are awesome, they won't really make any sense as a whole story. The manga, light novels, and info on the wikis from the creator Jin tell the actual story, while the songs themselves are kinda just glimpses into it from different perspectives. Hope that helps :)

Yeah, that's pretty much the release order of the songs, but if you want a (kinda) chronological list of events/arcs I made a playlist here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1D551F3934320C4F&feature=mh_lolz
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2013 6:43 PM

Oct 2012
Glad this finally got an announcement, even happier that it's SHAFT! :>
Aug 15, 2013 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
ANOTHER SHAFT ANIME~

This studio is going to take the top of the Anime market this year, I hope!
Aug 15, 2013 7:07 PM
Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:
bippo said:
Comments on the new kagepro MV on nico is saying that Miyamoto Yukihiro is on the project as a director. Not much credibility but at least there's news about the TV(OVA?) project. Take this with a grain of salt.

That's a good news then I guess...
Seems like this would be his first chief director role.

The rumors floating about this stuff was way in mid-july. To think the people spreading the rumors are so sure about it makes me think the ones that produces the PVs for jin's kagepro videos on niconico ARE shaft staffs....scary stuff right here.

Announcement wasn't that well received on niconico and other places. I expect this to be a flop.

Franchise is OK, LNs are OK However.
Aug 15, 2013 7:40 PM

Aug 2010
finally an updated news about the anime, and a good one too!
so they really let shaft to make the anime! :D
Aug 15, 2013 7:59 PM

Apr 2012
yesss i've been waiting for kagepro anime forever!!!
Aug 15, 2013 8:03 PM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
Where was it mentioned that it is a TV series?? As much as my gut feeling is that it will be a TV series, but I don't see any confirmation that it will be a TV series...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 15, 2013 8:53 PM

Oct 2012
By Shaft? Nice.

The manga's pretty good so far so I'm looking forward to the anime as well

Aug 15, 2013 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
Hope it's not bad. Love the manga/novel and songs so lets hope for the best.
"You're making too much of me. All I am these days, is the poor owner of a small time candy store."-Kisuke Urahara
Aug 15, 2013 9:58 PM

Aug 2011
It's about vocaloids?

Does it actually have a plot?
Aug 15, 2013 10:00 PM
Aug 2013
Shojo-chanCat said:
Wake up in the morning only to find this...I'm just so glad the J.C Staff isn't making the anime. It's been 1 full year since they said anything about the anime and it's status, so I'm not really surprised the announced more today (since today is August 15, the day the story takes place and all that jazz)

UnbornMVs said:
Hoppy said:
UnbornMVs said:
Sometimes I wonder why stuff like this gets animated.

Vocaloid is popular, only problem is that there hasn't been a true Vocaloid anime with Miku, Luka, etc.

Still. Imo I would prefer more anime like Shingeki no Kyojin to come out , the epicness in this industry lowered considerably in the last years.

Shingeki no Kyojin is one of the darkest Shōnen mangas, well, from what I have read and watched. Kagerou Project lays in the middle of Shōnen action due to their powers and an easy paced normal series (at times). I mean, with all these action series and slice of life moe shows coming out, I'm fine with something like this.

Also, for those of you who aren't familiar, the series is doing phenomenal in Japan of what I seen on the Oricon charts; so I wouldn't be surprised if the anime randomly becomes a success. Maybe it'll come out next spring, with Nisekoi to work on...

Hey is that you Shojo-chan , the one from Kagerou project wiki?
Aug 15, 2013 10:01 PM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
VioLink said:
Where was it mentioned that it is a TV series?? As much as my gut feeling is that it will be a TV series, but I don't see any confirmation that it will be a TV series...

Gut feeling.
[center]
Aug 15, 2013 10:04 PM

Mar 2011
Caught my attention at Vocaloid and had me at SHAFT
Aug 15, 2013 10:16 PM

Sep 2012
DraconisMarch said:
It's about vocaloids?
Does it actually have a plot?
No for your first question. For your second question, why don't you check the manga yourself?

VioLink said:
symbv said:
VioLink said:
Gut feeling.
Hmm.but you wrote it as if it was already confirmed. It could be very misleading to people you know.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 15, 2013 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
Hmm.but you wrote it as if it was already confirmed. It could be very misleading to people you know.

Then I apologize to those who I have mislead.
[center]
Aug 15, 2013 11:39 PM
Aug 2013
Very much looking forward to this release. I hope it doesn't disappoint! I somehow can't imagine the story melding well without the music (I'm currently following the manga but not the novels). :/
Aug 16, 2013 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
Now we just need to add some KamiHiro and maybe HanaKana into the cast and we're ready to go :P. I want to see:

Eguchi Takuya as Shintaro
Kamiya Hiroshi as Kano
Sawashiro Miyuki as Kido
Hanazawa Kana as Mary.

Just a hunch but I think at least one seiyuu from the above will be in the cast.

Aug 16, 2013 2:31 AM

Nov 2009
Finally.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2013 2:46 AM

Aug 2008
Maybe Shaft can make something 'watchable' out of this but I dropped the manga after 7 chapters. At first I though premise is not that bad, but later turned out neither characters nor story could keep me interested enough to even skim over next chapter. It just makes you think why even bother making series like that...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 16, 2013 3:09 AM

Sep 2012
Antanaru said:
It just makes you think why even bother making series like that...
Because you ignore the fact that many people find it interesting?

Aug 16, 2013 3:38 AM

Jun 2010
Interesting. Looking forward to it.
Aug 16, 2013 4:20 AM
Apr 2013
wee~ i cant believe i missed this yesterday!
i'm so excited to see all of them moving with their own voices and junk :P
Aug 16, 2013 4:21 AM
Mar 2011
EasyGo-er said:
Now we just need to add some KamiHiro and maybe HanaKana into the cast and we're ready to go :P. I want to see:

Kamiya Hiroshi as Kano
Sawashiro Miyuki as Kido
Hanazawa Kana as Mary.

Just a hunch but I think at least one seiyuu from the above will be in the cast.

From what I remember, in the crossfade for the MekakuCity Records album Ene and Mary had voiced parts. The video description has Kana Asumi for Ene and Kana Hanazawa for Mary so they will most likely be the seiyuu for those two.

Maybe Shaft can make something 'watchable' out of this but I dropped the manga after 7 chapters. At first I though premise is not that bad, but later turned out neither characters nor story could keep me interested enough to even skim over next chapter. It just makes you think why even bother making series like that...

The heart of KagePro lies in the songs, where they reveal the backstory of basically every character in the series. Having well-made PVs also contributed to it being so popular.
Aug 16, 2013 5:03 AM

Dec 2012
I pretty much like everything by SHAFT so I'm pretty excited
Aug 16, 2013 5:46 AM

Dec 2011
Awsome!! :D
Aug 16, 2013 6:10 AM

Apr 2013
I'm so excited to see <3
Aug 16, 2013 6:23 AM

Oct 2010
I thought that maybe I would watch this anime but if it would be animated by Shaft is already on my list

Aug 16, 2013 6:37 AM

Aug 2011
VioLink said:
Laciie said:
VioLink said:
Laciie said:
VioLink said:

But I wonder will it be a adaptation of the songs, the LN, or the manga which takes place after the events in most the songs.

I'm guessing it's a combination of the songs and the LN or manga? Because the songs are obviously a major part f the plot, so they can't ignore that.

EasyGo-er said:

Kamiya Hiroshi as Kano
Sawashiro Miyuki as Kido
Hanazawa Kana as Mary.

I definitely see this happening. I really want to see an animated Kano~
Aug 16, 2013 11:36 AM

Nov 2008
UnbornMVs said:

My thought exactly
Aug 16, 2013 11:44 AM

May 2013
i am going to exploded.

asumi kana for ene----.
Aug 16, 2013 4:44 PM

Jun 2013
Sounds cool.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Aug 16, 2013 5:54 PM

May 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
UnbornMVs said:

My thought exactly

This
Aug 16, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
KingGidora said:
Mr_Gutts said:
UnbornMVs said:

My thought exactly

This

Stuff like what exactly?
Laciie said:
I'm guessing it's a combination of the songs and the LN or manga? Because the songs are obviously a major part f the plot, so they can't ignore that.

Yeah the whole thing is a mixed media project after all.
[center]
Aug 16, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2012
I'm so happy that Shaft is animating Kagerou Project. I feel that Shaft are the only ones that can animate Kagerou Project properly while keeping the same feeling from the songs intact.

Now I just wonder who Hiroshi Kamiya is voicing>>
Aug 16, 2013 7:26 PM

Aug 2011
symbv said:
For your second question, why don't you check the manga yourself?
Uh... I don't want to?
Aug 16, 2013 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
UnbornMVs said:

Vocaloid is popular, only problem is that there hasn't been a true Vocaloid anime with Miku, Luka, etc.

At probably because they are too afraid to depict Miku.

Or that theres no plot.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 16, 2013 7:47 PM

Nov 2011
I find animating this series challenging, imo because they have to link everything from the songs to the novels
But still can't wait for this! YES KAGEPRO! ENEE!!!
—Actually, nevermind.
Aug 16, 2013 7:49 PM

Mar 2013
I'll be looking forward to this one! :D
Aug 16, 2013 11:24 PM

Sep 2012
THANK YOU SHAFT!
Aug 17, 2013 1:51 AM

Jan 2009
although not being a big fan of the series i do enjoy the songs and the novel flow so far, would wait for more info until i can state more opinion
Aug 17, 2013 1:54 AM

Oct 2010
i wonder , how will they make kagerou song appear ? maybe bacme the op/ed of each arc like monogatari ?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
16 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.