Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2013 5:40 AM

Jun 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
THAT BITCH!!!

Aug 12, 2013 7:04 AM

Mar 2013
Hm. I think the ending is open to interpretation. The most obvious conclusion is that there was a bomb and it went off but since I'm a believer in happy endings I like to think there wasn't one and they both lived to go to the sea >_<
Aug 16, 2013 11:45 PM

Dec 2010
Uh no... I think it was quite clear the bomb went off. The ending is bitter because it shows how every day life continues on even when such tragedies occur. But nevertheless, Hogu and Vrolet are united in death (you can tell it's not real life because Vrolet is laughing ... and since she's an early prototype robot, she couldn't make those facial expressions).
Oct 24, 2013 12:11 AM

Apr 2007
Holy fuck that was terrible.
Jun 18, 2014 6:04 AM

Oct 2013
defs handle dis
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 15, 2014 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
Those humans are worse than robots.
Scratch that, we are sometimes worse than robots. We are cold-hearted bastards who only think what benefits us.

Anyway, what a good ride. It could've been better but it conveyed the message it wants to deliver.
Jan 10, 2015 6:02 AM

Jan 2014
An absolute amazing read. Really wished Anna and Minwoo, and Hogu and Cheverolet got a happy ending but if they did the story would not have such impact.
Jun 7, 2016 6:39 AM

Jul 2012
This is my fourth manhwa I've read by this author. It's always above average and the concepts are brilliant.

The main flaws were how much potential it had but the atmosphere was very skippy. Like, I would prefer if they tried to be more serious and less webtoony because its a very serious plot and idea as it deals with reasons for living, bullying, suicide, and various other dark topics. I also don't like the artstyle as Hogu looks like a side character rather than a main character. The art fits a gag manga more.

Another issue is that this author reuses the same character archetypes in each of his series, like the quiet, emotionless main female character, the strong glasses class president, the good looking guy who has his own issues and of course, the ugly but kind protagonist.

On the positive side, the story flows really well and I really liked how much effort the author put into the scenery panels and colouring. It's very vivid and fitting for a scifi series!

6/10.
Jul 19, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2015
Well...

In my opinion 3 Level Combination is a little too ambitious for its length. From the very beginning, this manhwa is trying to encompass many serious thoughts such as bullying, suicide, artificial intelligence or broken home problems (family issues).

This ambition itself is not a bad thing, I'm not saying the author can't manage to talk about all these questions fittingly (even if some of them are better expound than others). The problem comes when an important part of the information isn't easily absorbed by the reader due to the impulsive way of presenting the facts this manhwa has. The soften parts are too short to let the reader understand the entire significance of what is happening.

Nevertheless, this is not a big deal when it comes to enjoy the reading.

About the story, I really liked the way the duality between humans and robots is exposed. How there is this irony around the issue... Humans who have practically forgotten how to act as humans create an artificial intelligence which is programmed to act like humans are supposed to be (or are in their very inside). I mean, you need to create something pure, something that cannot be easily contaminated to prove human's senseless; to make the acts of those humans seem ridiculous.

Whatever... It was such an interesting experience to read and think about this. Even more after understanding the bond between the main character with Min-Woo and Anna.

In conclusion, even if this story has issues that could be improved, I really enjoyed it. Moreover, the art is just brilliant and fits the story really well.

For me, now: 9/10
birdddJul 19, 2016 2:22 PM
Apr 7, 2019 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
My feelings on this manhwa are exactly the same one as Annarasumanara. A lot of the strengths and weakness mirrored each other.

7/10

Mar 2, 2021 12:03 AM
Jan 2017
10/10.

The world doesn't deserve pure stuff like Hogu and Chev.

Death was the best thing that happened to them, in this crazy world filled with money-driven lunatics.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3 Level Combination Chapter 7 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Apr 3, 2012

3 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 2019 10:17 PM

Poll: » 3 Level Combination Chapter 6 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 31, 2012

4 by Hollweg »»
Apr 24, 2016 6:00 AM

Poll: » 3 Level Combination Chapter 1 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 31, 2012

5 by Hollweg »»
Apr 24, 2016 5:06 AM

Poll: » 3 Level Combination Chapter 24 Discussion

Bheaze - Jun 18, 2014

1 by H_Erifu »»
Jun 2, 2015 3:22 PM

Poll: » 3 Level Combination Chapter 9 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Apr 19, 2012

4 by H_Erifu »»
Jun 2, 2015 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.