Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2013 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
Anybody else here play rhythm games? I mostly play computer based ones like osu! or Flashflashrevolution. For some reason I always felt like there was a lot of overlap between the anime community and the rhythm games community.
Aug 11, 2013 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
DJ Max Technika Tune
Some gameplay, not me, I suck at it. :D

Use to play the normal DJ Max games too but stopped.

As someone who enjoys vocaloid, the news about the new game coming over to the west on the Ps3 was nice but that kind of rhythm game doesn't feel worth my money. Wish it was for the vita instead.
Random gameplay video.
Aug 11, 2013 8:30 PM

Jul 2011
I'm a big FlashFlashRevolution fan, Guitar Hero/Rock Band fan, and osu! fan.

As far as anime relations go, I'd say osu! has the strongest connection with it.
Aug 12, 2013 2:09 AM

Oct 2010
i play Minna no Rhythm Tengoku ( Rhythm Heaven Fever )

i am god awful at some o the minigames though
dont ask questions, just do answers
Aug 12, 2013 2:21 AM

Jul 2013
I used to play a lot of Flashflashrevolution.
Aug 12, 2013 7:14 AM

Oct 2012
I used to play Taiko no Tatsujin. Japanese drumming game.

Song selection is pretty huge (almost all songs are Japanese though). Lots of anime music, as well as some Miku/Vocaloid songs too. Might wanna check it out.

Game gets really fun when you can play Oni mode difficulty songs. All other difficulties pale in comparison.
Aug 13, 2013 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
MCsq2 said:
I used to play Taiko no Tatsujin. Japanese drumming game.

Song selection is pretty huge (almost all songs are Japanese though). Lots of anime music, as well as some Miku/Vocaloid songs too. Might wanna check it out.

Game gets really fun when you can play Oni mode difficulty songs. All other difficulties pale in comparison.

Yeah, osu! actually has an Oni taiko mode for certain beatmaps. It's weird playing on a keyboard as opposed to a drum though.
Aug 13, 2013 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
Does DDR count? If not, then no.
Aug 13, 2013 6:35 PM

Feb 2013
SourChews said:
I mostly play computer based ones like osu! or Flashflashrevolution

Are you me
Aug 17, 2013 12:09 AM

Jun 2013
Well, I'm quite good at games like DJ Max Technika 3. It's one of the reasons why sometimes my budgets runs low. (One play is equal to like close to a dollar.) and you can only play 3 songs. (Unless you go to Club Mixing, you can do like 4 songs)

But now that I have a PS Vita, I play DJ Max Technika Tune. So that I won't have to go to arcades anymore.

I also play O2Jam (only available at Asia atm) and osu!
Aug 17, 2013 5:08 AM

Aug 2013
Want to create similar thread, but i will list down all game i played as well as my skill level with it.
Im quite heavy rhythm gamer (but not skilled).

Osu! : 4 1/2 stars
I lost the skill badly after losing my gaming mouse.

O2jam / O2mania : lvl 20++
Again, lost my skill after not playing it for long time.
Not perfecting it, but survivable.

Taiko Tatsujin: Hard 7 stars
I couldnt upgrade my skills regardless playing for long time.
Hand tend to get hurt badly, even 1 point i have to stop playing.
Saitama 2000 Hard would be best judge for my skill, i can get 90% that song.

Pump It : Single 6+ Dual Pad 4+
I rarely play it since i focused on DDR, but my mind tend to messed up when playing this because of different arrow direction.

DDR: Dual 6+
I dont find joy playing single pad, so I have been playing dual for long time.
Afronova Re-venge Dual Easy probably closest one to my current skill level.

Dance Evolution: Hard to say, but I got A for all hard song on kinect (not master level)
I havent played much all those new song on arcade version, but so far i just practicing same old song since i quite shy to play new one (a lot of girly song)

Jubeat : 4+ (i forgot either this is the original konami or copycat version)
Bad player on this one, any higher will result fail badly.

Probably alot other that doesnt require mention (guitar, drum)
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Aug 17, 2013 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
Rock Band 2 is always gonna be the best for me.
Aug 22, 2013 6:02 AM

Mar 2011
Osu is good though I lately found something similar called Cytus. Pretty good, I really recommend it.
Aug 22, 2013 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
Used to play:

DJMax Technika 2/3
Pump It Up! PRO
Dance Dance Revolution X2
Guitar Hero Arcade
Drummania
Aug 22, 2013 7:34 AM

Feb 2010
Lord_Joshua said:
i play Minna no Rhythm Tengoku ( Rhythm Heaven Fever )

Good choice.
Aug 22, 2013 1:58 PM

May 2012
Yup I'm a huge rhythm game fan, I've been playing them for years.
Her are the ones I still play occasionally.
DJMAX Trilogy
Stepmania
Osu!
o2jam
Beatmania IIDX
Jul 21, 2016 2:10 PM
Jun 2016
I like Pump it Up, even though I haven't played it often. For the few times I tried playing, it was too hard for me, which is what discouraged me from playing it even further. However, I realized what I was missing out on, as there were plenty of beautiful animations in the game. Here is an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV1Ez8ViY0
Jul 21, 2016 6:06 PM

Oct 2015
I'm a big Taiko no Tatsujin fan! but I suck at it...
But my favorite rythm games will always be Guitar Hero, Project Diva F, and Donkey Konga ^^
We don't hear a lot about donkey konga...
Jul 22, 2016 4:45 PM

Mar 2016
Love Live School Idol Festival is great, I really wanna play project Diva Hatsune Miku though
Jul 22, 2016 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
TheDanime said:
Love Live School Idol Festival is great, I really wanna play project Diva Hatsune Miku though
Ugh, Love Live School Idol Festival is more of a card game than a rhythm game. Yeah, you can aim for perfect scores on the songs, but the cards themselves affect your performance much more than your ability to play. I really don't like people saying it's in the same genre of games such as Beatmania that take actual skill to play.
Jul 22, 2016 5:47 PM

Oct 2015
azure7 said:
Yup. I love rhythm games.
I mainly play osu! mania (https://osu.ppy.sh/u/5068957)
And on mobile: Cytus, Deemo and VOEZ.

Cytus is really cool!!! ^^ It's a shame that the game is expensive af for its complete version....
I started VOEZ and I'm loving it :P
Jul 24, 2016 7:31 AM

Mar 2016
I play a bit of Rhythm Heaven, I used to play Love Beat (a free game on Steam), I play Love Live! School Idol Festival, I played through Project Mirari DX for the 3DS... I'm looking for more though
*ponders*
Jul 24, 2016 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
mystickitty00 said:
I play a bit of Rhythm Heaven, I used to play Love Beat (a free game on Steam), I play Love Live! School Idol Festival, I played through Project Mirari DX for the 3DS... I'm looking for more though

you could try Starlight Stage. Bamco is far more generous than Klab. there's also a 3d option, so you can see the girls dance, with gorgeous background that fits the song.
here's a pv (kinda old, but still shows the core gameplay):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFMfWEXTOy0
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 24, 2016 1:27 PM

Aug 2014
DreamingBeats said:
mystickitty00 said:

you could try Starlight Stage. Bamco is far more generous than Klab. there's also a 3d option, so you can see the girls dance, with gorgeous background that fits the song.
here's a pv (kinda old, but still shows the core gameplay):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFMfWEXTOy0

I'd also recommend it, it's updated frequently with new songs and events to compete in. Gets challenging if you set out to perfect the more difficult songs.
Jul 25, 2016 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
I like osu! and Frets on Fire.
Jul 25, 2016 8:25 PM

Apr 2016
I played O2Jam and Audition back in the day but haven't really played any online rhythm games in a while.

I prefer playing it on my smartphone nowadays. You should try out Voez and Cytus. it's on Android and IOS
Jul 26, 2016 10:59 AM
Oct 2010
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX and Love Live! School Idol Festival.

Or used to for the latter, I've misplaced my tablet, oops.
Jul 26, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
I played a little bit of OSU, but I'm really bad at it.

The only other rhythm game I've played on PC is Super Hexagon.

On consoles, I sometimes play DDR.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jul 27, 2016 12:20 AM

Nov 2012
Osu! was what first got me into rhythm games, but I've lost interest in osu and went for the Bemani rhythm games. I like DDR, jubeat, and beatmania IIDX. I've also tried deemo and Cytus and they were alright except that I don't like playing games on mobile, so I didn't play them much.
Jul 27, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 2016
I play audiosurf sometimes.
Oct 3, 2016 10:30 PM

Jun 2012
Oct 3, 2016 11:07 PM
Nov 2013
Rhythm games are my favorite games to play. I mostly play Stepmania. But sometimes I'll play DDR or Project Diva. I used to be good at Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but that was a long, long time ago.
Oct 3, 2016 11:41 PM

Sep 2016
osu! is pretty great but I've given up trying to get good.. I hit 1000 pp a couple months ago and now I just play for fun.
I'm completely addicted to LLSIF - accounts on EN and JP. Yeah, it's a card collecting game, but the rhythm beatmap ("live") aspect of it is very well made.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Oct 5, 2016 10:16 AM

Apr 2015
I play a few rhythm games on my phone. The card collecting ones I play are Show By Rock!! (SB69) and Starlight Stage, and the other one I play is Cytus.

I play SB69 on a daily basis and hardcore grind its ranking events. I started it on February 2nd of last year and have played every day since. According to my stats in the game this is 587 days. May be a couple more because of that short period of time right after renewal where the time for login rewards changed, but it's back to 12am like it was before so I shouldn't end up skipping some login rewards anymore. I'm rank 343 in this game.

I play Starlight Stage more casually (still log in every day) because I can't really try tiering in these sort of events in two games at once and SB69 is my priority. I started playing this game on September 4th, my Producer Level is 37, and I have a profile on Cinderella.pro right here: http://cinderella.pro/user/794/TheBeatlesPkmnFan42/

Cytus I play the least, since it's hard to play well on it because I play on a phone and when playing my hands will get in the way of the screen and I can't see every note.

My ID in Show By Rock!! is 784396951

My ID in Starlight Stage is 815213477
Oct 5, 2016 11:28 AM
Dec 2014
DDR is the one I got the best at. I could do 9+ footer (most 9s, few 10s) on single and 8+ footer on double (though comfort zone a bit longer). At one point, I treated it as my cardio work out, and at my best I was doing 9 foot songs with 2kg weight on each ankle and taking it off for when I attempted fast 10s.

Other than that I also played some Guitar Heroes and Taiko no Tatsujin semi regularly for a while.

Then there are others like Pump it Up, In the Groove, EZ2 Dancer, Pop'n Music and more that I've tried a few times but non regularly. Well, most rhythm games I've played were "dancing" ones (put in quote because I know that the higher level DDR levels tend to make you look like you were having a seizure).
Oct 5, 2016 7:31 PM

Apr 2015
Riff Racer.

I've been shilling for this game all year because in my humble opinion it's actually the best game that has come out this year.
Oct 5, 2016 8:48 PM

Aug 2011
Currently Playing IA/VT Colourful seen here > http://imgur.com/i8dptcv
Also playing Super Beat Xonic, which is really fun.
Use to play DDR back on Consoles Mixes 3 and 5, I believe.
Dance Stage Mega Mix.
DJ Max Black on PSP.
Step Mania, I blame this game for making me waste a lot of money, so many bands I would never have discovered if it were not for this.
Guitar Hero / Rockband, Got up to Expert on Guitar and most songs Hard on Drums, mate got to expert in Guitar and Drums, and got to the point he could duo Guitar on Hard and Vocals on Normal at the same time.
^_^

More topics from this board

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
3 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
6 hours ago

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
10 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.