Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2013 1:00 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A 5 minutes limited precure... Eh....
Aug 4, 2013 2:49 PM

May 2013
This episode finally reveals some interesting facts about Aguri. I am a little bit disappointed about her background though. So Ai is Aguri's reborn partner? She doesn't look like the other fairies at all. I still think there is more to Ai than just that.
Aug 4, 2013 2:53 PM
Sep 2011
Oh boy. Where to begin with this episode.

We have Ace being strict as usual. Nothing too surprising there.

How stupid are these girls that they're shouting "CURE ACE!" in front of Aguri's grandmother. They already know her real name. Props to Rikka for suspecting it was her house the moment she saw the name Madoka. Rikka always seems to be the most aware of things.

That yaoi shipping between the two new villains. This show just likes to tease the viewers with ships all over the place.

Some nice cute/funny moments during the whole tea ceremony thing, with Aguri being a troll. The mascots trying to lift those giant cups was priceless.

And now we get to the real meat of the episode. Cure Forehead finally decides to answer all these questions. I'm a little surprised that the first one wasn't "WHERE THE HECK DID YOU COME FROM?" but she answered that sufficiently. There are three things I kinda dislike about this whole story.

1 ) That it's told and not shown. "I lost a battle with the Selfish."

2 ) That it's so similar to Cure Moonlight's story.

3 ) The part where Ai was her partner who got separated from her and turned back into an egg. This implies that Ai in the battle and was reborn. Poor Cure Moonlight...

We still don't really understand why she and Ai are different from the others, different transformation, how she and Ai met, why she became a Cure in the first place, but I'm not gonna think too hard on that.

The explanation of why she turns into an adult was also kind of flimsy, but nothing too special. Maybe it could be a matter of insecurity.
"I don't think I can do this on my own I'm just a little kid..."

Then Mana and the others help her realize that even a little kid can do great things, and she gets a transformation without the age-up.

The time limit thing seems familiar... like every other anime character who could turn into an adult form for a limited time.

I'm gonna give Doki the props this week. They succeeded at my biggest concern, making Aguri more likable.

8/10.
RLinksoulAug 4, 2013 2:56 PM
Aug 4, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
I am really behind but just wanted to comment on the new ED.

The animation is amazing, but I don't really like the song as much as the first ED. I could listen to the first ED all day. Also, I don't care for Cure Ace's hair.
Aug 4, 2013 8:18 PM

Jul 2012
GarLogan78 said:
I am really behind but just wanted to comment on the new ED.

The animation is amazing, but I don't really like the song as much as the first ED. I could listen to the first ED all day. Also, I don't care for Cure Ace's hair.

I think the song itself is alright, but I still much prefer the other one.

Cure Ace would be more appealing imo if her hair wasn't absurd or if she didn't wear lipstick. I just can't get into adult Cures..
Aug 4, 2013 9:22 PM

Jul 2012
Looking at Ai-chan makes me think of the Digimon system.. These things don't really die, but they rebirth into babies/eggs... So.. Am I seeing things?

I normally stay away from episode discussions because even "questionable" episodes (I wouldn't call them "bad" since we are not it's target demographic).. But this rings me up because of Cure Ace's side effects, especially the five-minute rule.

I guess Cure Ace "originally" was going to fight King Selfish, but probably failed because of her side effects and took Ai-Chan (or the adult form in that case) down the drain and reborn as a baby-fairy... And I guess this is why she decides to manipulate the magic and the Royal Crystals to have a proper adult form..

IDK. Just some guesses.

The new ED is alright, but I like the pure MV-type feel.. And fairy balloons! <3

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Aug 4, 2013 9:45 PM
Apr 2013
I was hoping for a better explanation for Ai-chan, like maybe so reason as to why she resembles the princess/queen. Also I find the reason why she gets bigger when transforming is pretty weak, did they really need to do that? And why are they not doing anything with the princess/queen? Wasn't it part of their mission to save her? I get that she's frozen, but I'm sure they could do something....
Aug 5, 2013 1:09 AM
Jun 2011
i loved the way they altered the opening for example instead of the villain they show regina and cure ace
Aug 5, 2013 6:59 AM

Oct 2011
omg...
time-limited Precure? really?! I knew they have to do something that Mana and rest of the girls wouldn't be useless but I'm not sure it's best solution.
I liked that strict Ace and after it I'm not sure... she comes closer to emo-Precure of recent years and it's not good. Next episode isn't too optimistic with this :(

That slightly yaoi vibes between bad guys were adorable - he was blushing. How cute :D

And ending - it was fine. That group dancing was typical Toei great work but I liked more those parts with individual Precure, looked similar to second ending of Fresh.
Aug 5, 2013 7:41 PM

Dec 2007
RLinksoul said:
We still don't really understand why she and Ai are different from the others, different transformation, how she and Ai met, why she became a Cure in the first place, but I'm not gonna think too hard on that.

She explained it... kinda. She said she is a precure from this world. In other words she is an Earth precure, not a Trump Kingdom precure. The fairies Mana and friends have came from Trump Kingdom.
Aug 5, 2013 8:23 PM
Sep 2011
Day2Dream said:

She explained it... kinda. She said she is a precure from this world. In other words she is an Earth precure, not a Trump Kingdom precure. The fairies Mana and friends have came from Trump Kingdom.

But she didn't explain where Ai came from. She just said that Ai is her partner. All we know is that they met, Aguri lost a battle, Ai was separated from her and turned into an egg.

I still think there needs to be more to Ai than what we've heard. She's been dishing out these power-ups for the other Cures. Joe has also been giving out Cure Loveads and we now know he's from Trump Kingdom.
Aug 6, 2013 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
Hah, I thought Mana have forgotten Regina already since its been quite long since they separated and they act like nothing happened.

5 minutes time limit is pretty annoying. If Cure Ace special move didn't take too much time then maybe it will be less pain in the ass.

Aug 7, 2013 6:41 AM

Mar 2012
Not a problem with the show itself, but the time limit to grow older reminds me way too much of a certain fanfiction esque transformation in a certain terrible fanfiction esque sequel that Toei made a while back

Anyways, the show is starting to improve. Glad we've seen some signs of weakness from Cure Ace. She also seems to have a tendency to be somewhat of a Master Ruseman. Or is it Rusewoman?
Aug 11, 2013 4:13 PM

Aug 2011
Ah, great. Lots of questions about Cure Ace were answered! Pretty bummed out that she has a time limit but she's OP compared to the rest anyway. I enjoyed her backstory with Ai too.

Glad the new ED kept with the beautiful concert setting but the song and dance did not live up to the greatness of the first imo.
Aug 14, 2013 11:44 AM

Apr 2008
Spoilers: Cure Ace is actually an Evangelion due to her 5 minute time limit. Mind you, this isn't the first time Toei has done something like this with the Cures (the first being Milky Rose back in GoGo).

Not a whole lot to say about this episode since most of my thoughts have already been said by others. I'm glad they answered some of the mysteries about Cure Ace, but I'm still finding her characterization to be completely one-dimensional (oh wow, she's strict one moment but has a soft-spot for sweets. Totally not tsundere pandering there, Toei-san). I also agree with RLinksoul that we're still in the dark about how Ace became a Precure or met Ai, but I suppose those kind of details aren't as important in the grand scheme of things.

Aside from that, as fabulous as the new ED sequence is, I probably prefer the first one. Still not terribly fond of either. I miss Kudou Mayu and Gojo Mayumi. ;___;

Dalek-baka said:
That slightly yaoi vibes between bad guys were adorable - he was blushing. How cute :D

Brace yourselves for the yaoi doujins, people. :3

Aug 22, 2013 10:22 AM

Sep 2012
Quite a lot are revealed (mostly about Ace but other things too not least the BL vibe of the two villains LOL) and updated (like the ED) in this episode. It is clear that the series has entered a new phase with this episode.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 24, 2013 2:53 PM

Jul 2008
Finally made it to this episode ahha.

I feel bad for Cure Moonlight from Heartcatch. She loses against the villains, and her partner DIES. In DokiDoki, Cure Ace loses and Ai-chan just becomes an egg lol. That isn't really fair. (I mean different shows and all but still).

Hopefully Ace will be able to overcome her 5 minute transformation at some point. If not, it will pose a real problem. The villains just have to dillydally for five minutes and then take her out.

I don't really understand the timeline...Cure Ace said she was an Earth Precure, and was fighting against the Selfishness and lost. So Ai got reborn, and it took a while for Ai to find her and lead her back to the other Precure (I guess around episode 22). But why didn't Ace and Sword run into each other prior to episode 1 of the show? Sword was being a precure and searching for the princess directly after the fall of the Trump Kingdom. Aguri wouldn't have become a precure until the Trump Kingdom fell (right?). So I guess Ace just decided to try and take King Selfish on right after becoming a Precure and lost?

Also, I don't get why Ai is different than the other fairies. And if she is from the Trump Kingdom why doesn't Sword or Joe know about her, or at least her kind?

Finally (I am ranting at this point lol), it has been mentioned at least twice now that King Selfish has been conquering other worlds and is gaining strength. Does each world have its own Precure that the villains have defeated? And in the end of the show when the Precure win, will the other worlds automatically be saved or just left in ruin? I can't imagine in being mentioned but it bothers me a little.
May 10, 2018 7:57 AM

Apr 2012
So she's like Ben 10 or something lol. has a time limit.

Either way finally an ep that makes me kinda like Cure Ace. Nice episode.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 5, 2021 11:10 AM
Feb 2018
Glad they explained more about Cure Ace, now my question is just......why? Why is Aguri so mature for her age? She's like 11 come on, feels pretty off. So her "feelings" let her be OP? I still don't get why she's so much stronger and mature than the other Cures, sure she has a timer but still, that amount of power? Also it reminded me of Ultraman heh, can only stay in that form for that long. I hope this still gets touched on, why she's so different from the other Cures. So yeah more history needed. Also do no one just question their 11 year old daughter just running off every so often?

Going back to the time limit though, so she can stay transformed for 5 minutes. What they didn't answer was how long she has to wait to transform again. This sounds like a huge weakness though, if it gets figured out the villians can just learn to stall battles out (they're probably not that smart but I'm still expecting it)

So the power ups from the previous episodes aren't automatic and they have to manually power up? And they don't even bother to use it every fight? With that amount of power they could've finished Jikochus with ease. Also I feel like Cure Ace is going to get a nerf to balance out the team. Hopefully not though, and glad she touched on the fact that the Cures struggle so much to defeat a Jikochu. Really feels like the show keeps nerfing the Cures to struggle every fight.

Also the new Jikochus kind of a throwback to Smile's Super Akanbe. Oh how to make a more threatening monster of the week? Lets just make it double the size! Smile they literally just combined two noses to make one big one.
Aug 14, 2021 10:41 AM

Feb 2020
Cure Ace's 5 minute time limit was an unexpected twist. Well, at least she has some sort of weakness.

Aguri trolled everyone in the tea ceremony. That was a hilarious moment.

That new ED looks gorgeous.

SerafosFeb 21, 1:03 AM
Nov 21, 2023 3:12 PM

Jan 2021
Not even 30 seconds into the episode and Ace is bitching and complaining again about how the others are not good enough, all while doing nothing to help and just skips out. I don't think I can remember another character I've hated more than her. Really an accomplishment by the writers to create a "hero" more detestable than the villains. It speaks volumes to Mana's patience and restraint to not just punch her in the face every time she appears. I know I would.

More topics from this board

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 35 Discussion

ZettaiRyouiki - Oct 12, 2013

14 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 23 Discussion

symbv - Jul 6, 2013

31 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 22 Discussion

FrozenLilith - Jun 29, 2013

29 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Oct 14, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 4 Discussion

symbv - Feb 23, 2013

27 by Archer2 »»
Jul 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 47 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Jan 18, 2014

16 by Animelover875 »»
Apr 16, 2023 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.