Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2013 7:13 PM

Jun 2011
Awesome episode.. i liked how they animate the Female titan.
and she has fine ass.. she can get Gantz treatment,

Jean was awesome in this episode.. we can see how much he developed..
Reiner is a BADASS.
that crawling Titan was creepy as fuck..
5/5
Aug 3, 2013 7:13 PM

Aug 2009
Raito said:
ssjokg said:
Raito said:
AzureAlert said:
Even though this may be incorrect, I'll just put the whole thing in spoiler tags. I think it's right, so don't read if you don't want to chance it.

There's also something in this episode that supports your theory in this episode. It's pretty noticeable if you re-watch the last 5 minutes

http://youtu.be/JK392VchgKo?t=1m

O_O
HAve you EVER seen the scene from that episode?
Aug 3, 2013 7:14 PM

Sep 2012
antonn said:
Raito said:
AzureAlert said:
Even though this may be incorrect, I'll just put the whole thing in spoiler tags. I think it's right, so don't read if you don't want to chance it.

There's also something in this episode that supports your theory in this episode. It's pretty noticeable if you re-watch the last 5 minutes

Oh my bad. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for clearing that up.
Aug 3, 2013 7:16 PM

Aug 2011
The female titan's identity is not the main mystery here - it's how that female titan came to be, and that's something I will be looking forward to seeing!

By the way, was it just me or did Jean sound extremely weird this episode? Also, I felt like this episode had a different writer or director or something because it just seemed really off to me.
Aug 3, 2013 7:17 PM

May 2012
Reiner is a tough guy! Whew...
Aug 3, 2013 7:18 PM

Jun 2013
itsvero said:
The female titan's identity is not the main mystery here - it's how that female titan came to be, and that's something I will be looking forward to seeing!

exactly, i feel that a lot of things cleared themselves up and we just need to wait for the answers to why

Aug 3, 2013 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
I really loved the action here!
Jean is so awesome btw
5/5
Perfect!

Aug 3, 2013 7:32 PM

Jun 2013
I love how people complain that this is episode wasn't subtle and that there were spoilers, you guys seriously have to reread the manga since it was exactly the same.
Aug 3, 2013 7:37 PM

Aug 2010
itsvero said:

By the way, was it just me or did Jean sound extremely weird this episode? Also, I felt like this episode had a different writer or director or something because it just seemed really off to me.

It comes pretty much straight from the manga for Jeans lines in case you're wondering

This is a changed man we're talking about now
Aug 3, 2013 7:40 PM

Aug 2011
stickmansam said:

It comes pretty much straight from the manga for Jeans lines in case you're wondering

This is a changed man we're talking about now

Oh I meant that his actual voice sounded different - so different that I thought it was another voice actor. He was really squeaky/high-pitched this episode.
Aug 3, 2013 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
can someone tell me what Armin was babbling about? When Jean was about to die Armin was yelling "avenge him that went rushing to his death!" "I saw my best friend under the foot of that titan!"... i don't get it
Well, how about this. My "luck" versus this thing's "curse". Wanna see what's stronger..? If I lose, then I'm just that much of a man anyways.

Aug 3, 2013 7:48 PM

Jul 2013
So fucking good, the titans are still so mysterious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2013 7:54 PM
May 2013
NayukiShiina said:
I'm straight but I have to say it... DAT ASS.

Overall good episode, finally more action.

Isn't she female ?

Sep 2012
When he cut himself out of that titans hand I was like ,fuck awesome
Jun 2009
OzkanTheFlip said:
can someone tell me what Armin was babbling about? When Jean was about to die Armin was yelling "avenge him that went rushing to his death!" "I saw my best friend under the foot of that titan!"... i don't get it

he was faking Eren's death to disturb her, which worked.
Aug 3, 2013 7:56 PM

Feb 2012
REINER YOU FUCKING BADASS OMFG.

God this anime drives me nuts. Few shows get me screaming at the screen but this ep did it lol.

So glad Reiner lived. Dat female titan was crazy though. Can't wait for next ep!
Aug 3, 2013 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
end card so op
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Aug 3, 2013 8:00 PM

Sep 2012
Omfg My body was not ready.
Aug 3, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2009
OzkanTheFlip said:

He was trying to fool the Female Titan into thinking that she had accidentally killed Eren.
Aug 3, 2013 8:02 PM

Dec 2012
Ah fuck it, I'm gonna go read the manga, I'm not enjoying the anime that much. I already know about the female titan since ep 3 because I accidentally spoiled myself but it's pretty obvious who she is anyway. Dat ass though.
Aug 3, 2013 8:03 PM

May 2013
Yes t'was intenseEEE. Female titan yes yesss. Its body is so energetic and athletic she has perfect body for women

Am I the only one realising that
Aug 3, 2013 8:04 PM

Aug 2012
Does anyone know the name of the song played around 19 minutes in?

Aug 3, 2013 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
REINER Was fucking great but what was up with all the blood on him vanishing was it just a animation mistake or intended.

Really wanna know who that titan is i can make guesses but i'm just gonna have to wait and find out!
Aug 3, 2013 8:05 PM

Apr 2009
lightcard said:
Yes t'was intenseEEE. Female titan yes yesss. Its body is so energetic and athletic she has perfect body for women

He wasn't crushed. The blood was all the FT's.

katsu044 said:
REINER Was fucking great but what was up with all the blood on him vanishing was it just a animation mistake or intended.

Have people already forgotten the titan science classes? Titan blood boils away really fast.
Aug 3, 2013 8:06 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
lightcard said:

No, other people have already mentioned that in this thread..

Seeing the female titan animated was great, looking forward to the forest. :)

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Aug 3, 2013 8:06 PM

Aug 2011
Stitches327 said:
Does anyone know the name of the song played around 19 minutes in?

Yup, it's at'aek ON taitn (Attack on Titan) and the actual part of the song you're talking about is about 2:30 minutes in.
Aug 3, 2013 8:14 PM

Aug 2012
That was a intense ep and Reiner was epic!
Aug 3, 2013 8:18 PM

Feb 2012
Screw Mikasa, FT for ass of the year?

Shows picking up. Such a thrill this episode was.
Aug 3, 2013 8:20 PM
Jul 2013
@MFKAE86

Let's hope that the whiners stop questioning the epic actions this anime pack c;.
Aug 3, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2012
I'm loving the use of the OST, especially Call Your Name and Bauklotze. Great episode, reading it in the manga and seeing it animated are two totally different experiences. Well, Armin got his episode, If they can't kill FT(Female titan) how are they going to kill colossal titan and armored titan?

I've concluded Reiner is an ass-man.
Aug 3, 2013 8:23 PM
Jul 2013
I just noticed at around 12:50 - 13:00, Armin thought that the Female Titan "took interested" in him and left him alive.....

You would've thought, Armin. xD
Aug 3, 2013 8:28 PM
Jul 2013
lightcard said:

That scene was kinda confusing, but actually that was female titan's blood.
Aug 3, 2013 8:30 PM

Apr 2010
aphton said:
Rueby said:
Also, what's the plan? And speaking of plans, why did Jean, Reiner, Armin get different 'information' about Levi's squad location? I suspect that Erwin somehow knows something, if he 'foresaw' this happening then probably that female titan is someone from the formation.

Erwin is probably thinking that there are more human-titans and he wants to find out who they are and what their reason to attack humanity is. He is probably guessing that those other two very abnormal titans (armored, colossal) might be human too, since they kinda showed some intelligence in my opinion (a coordinated attack).
Since there are no humans outside the city and he probably suspects that the other human-titans are among them, he distributed some false information to narrow down the group of people - he probably foresaw that the other titans might see Eren as a threat and attack him and the only way to know where Eren is located, is to actually be part of the group. And by distributing wrong information he can kinda guess in which group the titans are by the titan showing up at the wrong place.

But its kinda impractical since he is gonna lose lots of men for this.. Its a very cold strategy.

Because of this reasoning and because of that female titan changing course at the end of the episode I came to the conclusion that it somehow found out where Eren realls is. Minutes before Armin was discussing and guessing where Eren might be, since the information was wrong. Jean and Reiner were listening.. One of them might have somehow communicated with the titan. I suspect Reiner, since he came closest to the titan! Someone also mentioned that he pulled of his hoody before attacking.. Might be another clue..

Anyway, its very interesting :D

Reiner pulling off his hood to attack makes perfect sense to me; hoody's can obscure a person's peripheral vision. So a precise attack to a Titan's nape would definitely be easier without a hood on.
Aug 3, 2013 8:32 PM

Jun 2013
sllp2020 said:
NayukiShiina said:
I'm straight but I have to say it... DAT ASS.

Overall good episode, finally more action.

Isn't she female ?

You could enter HER profile and find out that she is female too.
Aug 3, 2013 8:38 PM

Oct 2012
New strategy: recognise a titan by their ass.

The first 2 titans looked over the top ridiculous. I mean who designed those 'monsters'? 4Kids? however the 1st's movement was a bit freaky, the 2nd was pretty hilarious

am I the only one who thinks the people dying in this anime is getting kind of old? I mean it's happening so much it's almost like a Slice of Life. Psycho Pass had some unnecessary everyday deaths but c'mon!

anyway the action in this episode was intense aside from the 'everyday i'm dying' and weird looking titans. Fe-Titan looks awesome. interesting episode. Reiner being awesome.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Aug 3, 2013 8:38 PM

May 2013
Holy Potatoes!!! If this episode was KICK-TITAN-ASS I cant imagine how would it be this inminent fight!!!
Aug 3, 2013 8:46 PM

Mar 2013
I didn't get this excited since episode 7 man, that was awesomely awesome *_*
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Aug 3, 2013 8:52 PM
Oct 2010
mind has been raped. holy fucking episode. taht was great
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 3, 2013 8:55 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode. Hope that Eren and Blonde Titan throw some punches next week.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Aug 3, 2013 9:00 PM

Apr 2010
So Much Hint...
#ifuknowwhatmangareadersmean
Aug 3, 2013 9:01 PM

Jul 2013
Finally an amazing episode with some action. Starting to like this new arc :)
Aug 3, 2013 9:01 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome Episode. A female titan. Really thought Reiner was done for there.
Really wanna see the next episode now.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 3, 2013 9:04 PM

Apr 2010
Itermin8rX said:
New strategy: recognise a titan by their ass.

I think the anime may be making Reiner's comments about asses a running gag. He was the one who jokingly said a Titan's other weak spot was its ass during the Trost Arc.
Aug 3, 2013 9:08 PM

Nov 2012
Itermin8rX said:

The first 2 titans looked over the top ridiculous. I mean who designed those 'monsters'? 4Kids? however the 1st's movement was a bit freaky, the 2nd was pretty hilarious

am I the only one who thinks the people dying in this anime is getting kind of old? I mean it's happening so much it's almost like a Slice of Life. Psycho Pass had some unnecessary everyday deaths but c'mon!

That particular titan looked like it was strutting down a catwalk lol.

Point exactly: People die if titans get to them. Its a cruel world they found themselves in.

And that BGM when Reiner got away from the FT, was it another version of DOA without the vocals? Its really great to hear that version!

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Aug 3, 2013 9:11 PM

Aug 2011
How the fuck did he survive?

LOL. Bullshit.
Aug 3, 2013 9:11 PM

Oct 2012
MFKAE86 said:
Spitfire said:
Am I the only one who thinks the female titan looks like Annie? So it could be Annie. ( Btw not spoiler since i haven't read the manga)

Though Eren's titan form doesn't look like him. -_-

I think it is either Christa or Annie. Blond hair, female. Not a lot of characters fitting that description.

But it does brown hair, and green eyes.

It has an eagle nose and a "i dont give an f" expression, so I am 80% sure that's Annie.

FinalAvalanche said:

I think the anime may be making Reiner's comments about asses a running gag. He was the one who jokingly said a Titan's other weak spot was its ass during the Trost Arc.

You made a point there, but I was joking. However it isn't that hard to recognise the titans by their butts, Im serious
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Aug 3, 2013 9:12 PM

Oct 2010
Itermin8rX said:
The first 2 titans looked over the top ridiculous. I mean who designed those 'monsters'? 4Kids?

How do people still not understand that they're specifically designed by the author to look weird as fuck?
Aug 3, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2008

No bruises?
Aug 3, 2013 9:14 PM

Apr 2009
DraconisMarch said:
How the fuck did he survive?

LOL. Bullshit.

Oh Draconis, jumping the gun once again.
Aug 3, 2013 9:15 PM

Jul 2007
Fuck, I literally screamed when the she-titan caught Reiner... so glad he's still with us ._.;;

Intense episode!! Figures a female titan would be intelligent...
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.