Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2013 2:23 AM
Jul 2013
I want the Author of Nana to give it a conclusion, because it pains me to think of how successful this series is both financially and in terms of critical reception. I'd hail it as the best Drama I've ever seen by this point. But that lingering thought that this series was literally axed mid-way during a non-significant point just because the author had a cold, and decided not to continue it. NO! I don't want it to end like that.

I'm wondering if there is anything I could truly do? I really want to make something happen if it is possible.
Jul 28, 2013 2:26 AM

May 2013
You can actually compile his works and work for it on your own, continue what he is doing.. Seriously, you can't do anything about that, unless you have a contact number that you can communicate on him by phone and scold each other.
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Jul 28, 2013 6:02 AM

May 2013
A quick question. Does the Anime end different to the Manga? Please try to limit spoilers.

Seriously, though. I'd imagine you get hold of him/her somehow. Look up all the companies s/he worked for and contact them. Here's a point, wouldn't s/he be Japanese? How would you speak to him/her?

If I could, I would contact so many people for reasons like this.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jul 28, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2007
pauro19 said:
You can actually compile his works and work for it on your own, continue what he is doing.. Seriously, you can't do anything about that, unless you have a contact number that you can communicate on him by phone and scold each other.
If you have their number, you can stalk them, make death threats, send them disembodied rotting hands... until they write manga again.
Jul 28, 2013 6:21 AM

Apr 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
I want the Author of Nana to give it a conclusion, because it pains me to think of how successful this series is both financially and in terms of critical reception. I'd hail it as the best Drama I've ever seen by this point. But that lingering thought that this series was literally axed mid-way during a non-significant point just because the author had a cold, and decided not to continue it. NO! I don't want it to end like that.

I'm wondering if there is anything I could truly do? I really want to make something happen if it is possible.

The problem with NANA if you've done any research, Is that the mangaka fell terribly ill and still hasn't felt up to the pressure of a 4 year haitus+ working again. She's probably made quite a bit of money over the years with her multiple series so if she decides to never finish it than we just have to live with it.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Aug 2, 2013 6:48 PM

Jul 2010
Diran-kun said:
A quick question. Does the Anime end different to the Manga? Please try to limit spoilers.

It's just kind of an open end. It's not an anime-original or anything. It does feel concluded in a way at the end, but there's more to the story in the manga (although, I wish Ai Yazawa would finish the story!).

But really, I wish I could convince Ai Yazawa too. :( NANA is such a masterpiece. But, over time, I've become accustomed to not having NANA finished. What's already written is so beautiful, so I just try to keep that close to my heart and imagine what could happen in the future. ^-^

A notable manga that you should check out though is Bokura ga Ita. It's definitely not the same as NANA, but I read it recently and it just gave me NANA vibes for some reason. I think it's because of a branching story into the future. But anyways, you'd probably enjoy it if you love NANA so much, because I know I did. ^_^
Aug 2, 2013 7:00 PM

May 2013
fishergirl16 said:
Diran-kun said:

It's just kind of an open end. It's not an anime-original or anything. It does feel concluded in a way at the end, but there's more to the story in the manga (although, I wish Ai Yazawa would finish the story!).

But really, I wish I could convince Ai Yazawa too. :( NANA is such a masterpiece. But, over time, I've become accustomed to not having NANA finished. What's already written is so beautiful, so I just try to keep that close to my heart and imagine what could happen in the future. ^-^

A notable manga that you should check out though is Bokura ga Ita. It's definitely not the same as NANA, but I read it recently and it just gave me NANA vibes for some reason. I think it's because of a branching story into the future. But anyways, you'd probably enjoy it if you love NANA so much, because I know I did. ^_^
I finished the Anime and damn I want more.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Sep 2, 2013 9:59 AM

Mar 2010
fishergirl16 said:

I second that.
Try out Orange as well : http://myanimelist.net/manga/35573/orange/
Actually, I think Orange reminds more of Nana than Bokura ga Ita.
Nov 20, 2013 12:29 PM
Nov 2013
Yes, send email to her or go to japan and visit her in person. You can look up her information on google. Good luck nana fans are rooting for you. :)
Mar 6, 2022 2:43 PM
Dec 2017
Its a pretty simple solution its to purchase not just nana but all of her works.

Mar 6, 2022 3:15 PM

May 2018
I mean, I'm pretty sure the reason why the author, Ai Yazawa, stopped was because of sudden and chronic illness. Unless you have some way of magically fixing her health, there isn't much you can do. Just support her works financially really.
Jul 20, 12:25 AM

Aug 2018
Its probably not a question of convincing but a question of personal passion to continue and finishing it, similar to Vagabond. Hopefully something might happen during 25th anniversary of Nana next year

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Chapter 83 Discussion

Khaiz - Apr 26, 2009

43 by DearJosee »»
Yesterday, 6:13 AM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 50 Discussion

accela - Jun 11, 2008

26 by DearJosee »»
Jul 22, 5:06 AM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 84 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bialovesanime - May 26, 2009

111 by wrxstslxt »»
Jul 15, 8:49 AM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 72 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 8, 2008

16 by wrxstslxt »»
Jul 10, 9:56 PM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 47 Discussion

so_addictive - Nov 10, 2008

13 by wrxstslxt »»
Jul 4, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.