Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2013 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm liking this show more and more. Hope there'll be more fight scenes next week.
Jul 23, 2013 1:46 PM

Apr 2012
the nuns r gonna be pimps n they sleep with men 4 info n there ninjas too, well a different time with different morals for different religions, i dont know anything of buddhism (didnt even know there where buddhist nuns) theres a lot more happening in this anime than simply fighting but ya im diynig to see the fight scenes to
Jul 23, 2013 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty good episode, so much back stabbing from all directions.

Can't wait for Kanetsugu and Keiji to go in next week.

Also that big headed ugly dude will probably die, the same thing happened to that one from ep 2 as I remember right.
Jul 23, 2013 3:47 PM
Dec 2012
Wow it was very nice. Much better than previous episodes. I think pretentiousness of the characters was meaningful and fit the grand and solid story. They felt like Shakespeare actors pretentious-wise. It's a good thing in this case. The story is getting tense and serious more and more.
Jul 23, 2013 7:08 PM

Sep 2011
The story is getting good which is a plus for me. And Kanetsugu and Kenji were badasses at the end. Hopefully a battle is near.
Jul 23, 2013 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
dat ending was soooo epic
Jul 23, 2013 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
Fighting episode next week sounds like its goin to ROCK with much RIGHTEOUSNESS!
Jul 23, 2013 9:34 PM

Mar 2010
Those old farts were really good in making schemes.
Jul 24, 2013 6:58 AM

Jul 2010
This show is so UNDERRATED. This is not simply old punches and badass characters. But it's also a detailed reconstruction of the Sengoku Era, with different kinds of moralism and the custom of that time. PLUS, you can add the tactics of war that I'm expecting to see. (That we had already a glimpse of it)

Anyway, that final scene with Kanetsugu & Keiji was fucking badass. Also, the OST are great, I don't know if you have noticed already.

Oh, CMON CMON CMON CMON SAMURAI BAAAAAIBHEEEEEEI.
AkanezoraJul 24, 2013 2:24 PM
Jul 24, 2013 2:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This show mixes GAR with camp in an unimitable way. IN few other series' can you pull off a line like:

"This Rose will be a hair accessory for her in her trip to Heaven!" with a straight face.

The head of the southern clan really took being a Head to a new level.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 24, 2013 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
This SUCKS.

It's extremely boring.
All the characters just serve to move the plot forward.
This is way I dislike anime set in this time period.
I don't care about anything that happening, it hasn't given me a reason to.

1/5
Jul 25, 2013 6:08 PM

Sep 2012
Mwaaaaa i love this two guys ♥♥♥ (Keiji-dono a bit more >.<)
Looking forward to the next episode!!! :D
Jul 26, 2013 1:06 AM

Mar 2012
Akanezora said:
This show is so UNDERRATED. This is not simply old punches and badass characters. But it's also a detailed reconstruction of the Sengoku Era, with different kinds of moralism and the custom of that time. PLUS, you can add the tactics of war that I'm expecting to see. (That we had already a glimpse of it)

Anyway, that final scene with Kanetsugu & Keiji was fucking badass. Also, the OST are great, I don't know if you have noticed already.

Agree. Definitely doesn't deserve such a low score of 5.71 but according to MAL if an anime doesn't have tits & panty shots every 5 seconds, mindless violence or lacks moe then it must be shit.
Jul 28, 2013 1:39 AM

Nov 2010
Great episode, this story was kinda of better then the last one.
Jul 28, 2013 1:56 AM

Apr 2013
Looks like those bastards are planning to get rid of the Uesugi clan.
Nov 18, 2013 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
So the nun are whoring themselves. Damn Buddhism is quite an awesome religion, lol.

So i don't get exactly what the problem is here? The big head guy plays the allt but doesn't attack the enemy and they can't attack ether cause they will have their backs to the big headed guy. So why don't they just threaten him? A guy like that will choose his well being over anything.
Feb 24, 2014 4:46 AM

Jun 2011
eminagnam said:
Wow it was very nice. Much better than previous episodes. I think pretentiousness of the characters was meaningful and fit the grand and solid story. They felt like Shakespeare actors pretentious-wise. It's a good thing in this case. The story is getting tense and serious more and more.

So this is what you guys call pretentiousness? I like that a lot, they don't speak more than necessary, they have this sort of aura around them.
xAvengerx said:
Akanezora said:

Agree. Definitely doesn't deserve such a low score of 5.71 but according to MAL if an anime doesn't have tits & panty shots every 5 seconds, mindless violence or lacks moe then it must be shit.

In short, ^ this. Gotta love this kind of anime.

Marzan said:

"This Rose will be a hair accessory for her in her trip to Heaven!" with a straight face.

Cool quote.

Well, that nun sex. >.> Next episode, attack on Sado!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

» Why so veery underrated

DateYutaka - Aug 17, 2013

46 by valoon »»
Feb 21, 2019 4:38 PM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 8 Discussion

silentlylurking - Aug 20, 2013

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 13, 2014 11:17 PM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 7 Discussion

silentlylurking - Aug 13, 2013

11 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 13, 2014 10:57 PM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 6 Discussion

silentlylurking - Aug 6, 2013

12 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 13, 2014 5:30 AM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 24 Discussion

AlexTheRiot - Dec 10, 2013

10 by Monad »»
Jan 9, 2014 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.