Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2013 3:07 PM

May 2009
Darklight0303 said:
lrdalucard said:
AnimageNeby said:
lrdalucard said:
Damm, and I had High-hopes this anime would be a blast... this last episode was quite a deception...
Resolving things with superpowers... srsly? :(

Well, they're titan-powers, to be exact.

In a fantasy setting with titans. I'm not seeing where that is so farfetched, thus, if you look at it in the context of the universe that has been made.

Yeah exactly, they are humans fighting Titans with a few machines they made up for that porpose...
I pretty much can predict wth will happen from now on, he will just "turn" in to a giant and save humanity, end of story.

PS: I still like the series though. Just the seting was liek 13 out of 10 now droped to 9 out of 10 for me, thats it.

You couldn't be any more wrong.

I hope I am... Im evoidign reading the manga with all my might so I can apreciate the show to its fullest.
I'm an Anime/Manga Artist who enjoys drawing in the same style:
For info on comissions and galery: Click Here
Jun 4, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2008
So this episode really abandoned the show even being semi-realistic and just decided to embrace the shounen tropes eh?

I welcome the change, now I can just turn off my brain and enjoy.
Jun 4, 2013 3:49 PM

Dec 2012
AnimageNeby said:
zellami said:
[AnimageNeby]
Their other choice at that point being...?

Fighting the damn bastards with focus, knowledge, and resolve (fear put into use).

And that would augment their survival chances? You really believe that?

No, I do not agree with that being the best option (they wouldn't even know if wall Rose would let them enter anymore anyhow, after all), but if I *had* to choose between what you say and what ssjokg says, I think I'd prefer his. Hiding seems a far better way of escaping death than barehanded (or at least as well as) fighting against titans.

I think the ones remaining at the end, as the story now has been written, are more likely to be the cowards than the brave ones (or should we say foolish ones).

Lol, be my guest, i knew you've been reading something else all along.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curious about the next episode in terms of adaptation. Hopefully, it will raise the suspense higher.
Jun 4, 2013 4:02 PM

Jun 2011
lrdalucard said:
AnimageNeby said:
lrdalucard said:
Damm, and I had High-hopes this anime would be a blast... this last episode was quite a deception...

Well, they're titan-powers, to be exact.

In a fantasy setting with titans. I'm not seeing where that is so farfetched, thus, if you look at it in the context of the universe that has been made.

Yeah exactly, they are humans fighting Titans with a few machines they made up for that porpose...
I pretty much can predict wth will happen from now on, he will just "turn" in to a giant and save humanity, end of story.

PS: I still like the series though. Just the plot was like 13 out of 10 to me, but now droped to 9 out of 10, thats it.

Trust me, it's nothing like that. I think you might appreciate the next arc even more if that is your main concern.

Jun 4, 2013 4:18 PM

May 2009
SolBlade said:
lrdalucard said:
AnimageNeby said:
lrdalucard said:

(...).

(...)

Trust me, it's nothing like that. I think you might appreciate the next arc even more if that is your main concern.

Thx buddy, I will trust you.
I'm an Anime/Manga Artist who enjoys drawing in the same style:
For info on comissions and galery: Click Here
Jun 4, 2013 5:06 PM

Sep 2011
lrdalucard said:
SolBlade said:
lrdalucard said:
AnimageNeby said:
lrdalucard said:

(...).

(...)

Thx buddy, I will trust you.
Stay with us and enjoy the ride xP
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 4, 2013 6:42 PM
Apr 2008
Damn... I might be reading into the lines falsely...but take a look at this:

(no glow for the 'normal' titans)
Not sure if this is just a way to make them look more cool/threatening, or it means "free glowing eyes for the recently transformed abnormals" and which would/could mean somebody just transformed into that armored one... your thoughts?
Jun 4, 2013 7:10 PM
Jun 2013
I just thought of something. Those bulge cities, when they left, did they leave the gates open? When they left the city, in what condition did they leave it in? If the gates were closed when the residents left, how would they get in? If the gates were open, what if there were titans already inside? Or what if when they were going through the gates, the titans were on them, making it futile to close the gates unless they can kill the ones on them?
Just a bunch of questions I thought of that could also show why they didn't survive if they were to make it.
Jun 4, 2013 8:50 PM

Sep 2011
Raetin said:
I just thought of something. Those bulge cities, when they left, did they leave the gates open? When they left the city, in what condition did they leave it in? If the gates were closed when the residents left, how would they get in? If the gates were open, what if there were titans already inside? Or what if when they were going through the gates, the titans were on them, making it futile to close the gates unless they can kill the ones on them?
Just a bunch of questions I thought of that could also show why they didn't survive if they were to make it.
What gates?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 4, 2013 9:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Raetin said:
What gates?

I think he means the gates from the bulge cities to inside Wall Maria.
Jun 4, 2013 9:41 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode and I'm really liking the new characters. Levi, I can only assume, I what Eren will end up being. Hanji is a good addition to the women; other than Mikasa and Annie, the women aren't getting enough air time.
Jun 4, 2013 9:44 PM

Jun 2011
Raetin said:

I'm pretty sure the gate was closed. That's why they needed gas - to go over the wall.
Jun 4, 2013 9:48 PM

Mar 2013
Snoux said:

Not sure if this is just a way to make them look more cool/threatening, or it means "free glowing eyes for the recently transformed abnormals" and which would/could mean somebody just transformed into that armored one... your thoughts?

Why hello there, good sir.

Jun 4, 2013 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
Poorfag-chan said:
Snoux said:

The greatest shitstorm will come when

Hohoho.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 4, 2013 10:07 PM

Nov 2010
DawnJ said:
Poorfag-chan said:
Snoux said:

The greatest shitstorm will come when

Hohoho.
If that is even in the anime this season it would be great. It would be very funny to end on that.
Jun 4, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
If that is even in the anime this season it would be great. It would be very funny to end on that.

I can already imagine people crying out 'this anime is shit' or something like that.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 4, 2013 10:38 PM
Jun 2013
Ambient_ said:
Raetin said:

I'm pretty sure the gate was closed. That's why they needed gas - to go over the wall.

Oh, wasn't talking about that, was talking about those residents sent out to go and fight titans going to one of the city bulges.
Jun 4, 2013 11:30 PM

Mar 2013
This episode is so perfff-

- BADASS LEVI
- TITAN EREN
- YANDERE MIKASA

OMGGG /////// can wait for the next episode ~ !
Jun 5, 2013 12:07 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Raetin said:
Ambient_ said:
Raetin said:

Oh, wasn't talking about that, was talking about those residents sent out to go and fight titans going to one of the city bulges.

Yeah, I doubt that when they were evacuating the bulge cities, they closed the gates after everyone left. And if the gates were left open, then it's not impossible that some titans would wander in, despite no one being left in the cities. With what you said in mind, then even if there were people who could successfully make it to the pocket cities, they still couldn't have survived. Good point :)
Jun 5, 2013 12:14 AM

Aug 2012
hyperknees91 said:
So this episode really abandoned the show even being semi-realistic and just decided to embrace the shounen tropes eh?

I welcome the change, now I can just turn off my brain and enjoy.

Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with just staying blind like that.
Jun 5, 2013 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
Raetin said:
Ambient_ said:
Raetin said:

The outer and the inner gates of Wall Maria at Shiganshina are holes (crushed by the Colossal and the Armored), meaning people need to fix them somehow or plug them somehow, with titans attacking them all the way b/w Wall Rose and Wall Maria and on the spot. I believe the purpose of the initial plan for the recovery of Wall Maria was to get back there and fix at least the inner gate of Wall Maria and cut off the flood of titans though the holes.

What happened in the other 3 pocket-cities is unknown, except that the manga shows the whole inner field b/w Walls Maria and Rose being taken over by titans. In episode 1, we see that the inner gates are usually open. In 845 the attack was unexpected, communications perhaps were even worse than in 850 - all the titans needed to do, was to walk the distance and enter into the cities through the inner gates. (Let exclude the possibility that other deviants were present or needed there). Apparently, humankind can't reach those cities first - they tried and failed once (the manga doesn't say whether the expedition was only in direction to Shiganshina, although it makes most sense to stop the titans coming through the holes there).
Jun 5, 2013 3:36 AM

Aug 2009
Snoux said:

Just to look cool.

I am sure that the Armored Titan ALWAYS has "glowing" eyes in the manga.And The Colossal has normal eyes except for one part in the manga that is irrelevant to transformation.
Eren's Titan-eyes were glowing even when he was trying to reach the Titan that Killed Thomas whwn they were normal a few scenes ago and in the scenes after that.
Jun 5, 2013 4:51 AM

Mar 2012
Great episode like usual :)

- Levi's seiyuu is awesome :D
- Flashbacks handled pretty good
- Fantastic OST
- Pissed off Mikasa makes anyone shit their pants
Jun 5, 2013 5:15 AM
Dec 2009
Terrible episode.

BAD animation.
Nothing happens in the episode. Eren gets shot at by a cannon. That's all? Sad
Jun 5, 2013 5:18 AM

Apr 2008
blue001 said:
Terrible episode.

BAD animation.

0/10 at trolling
Jun 5, 2013 5:26 AM

Aug 2009
Darklight0303 said:
blue001 said:
Terrible episode.

BAD animation.

0/10 at trolling
I think we need negative numbers for that.
Jun 5, 2013 6:14 AM

Apr 2008
ssjokg said:
Darklight0303 said:
blue001 said:
Terrible episode.

BAD animation.

0/10 at trolling

Negative infinity should do
Jun 5, 2013 6:34 AM
Apr 2008
I am sure that the Armored Titan ALWAYS has "glowing" eyes in the manga.And The Colossal has normal eyes except for one part in the manga that is irrelevant to transformation.
Eren's Titan-eyes were glowing even when he was trying to reach the Titan that Killed Thomas when they were normal a few scenes ago and in the scenes after that.

I know, thats why i wrote "recently transformed" --- but true, that there is more scenes with 'normal' eyes than 'glowing' - and like you said, it happened later on too-, with him or other abnormals. It just struck me that 'hmm, where have i seen this before". ^^'
Jun 5, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

IchigoHollowfi said:

Eren when the little guy throws that punch, really deserved a ten as a vote, that punch! I truly felt the boy's pissed off! XD

I do not read the manga, not to ruin the surprise, but I liked the flashback on previous installments and return immediately in the present, makes it more intriguing vision, I wonder now why the girl with glasses has become so old or is only the hair color fool you, because I think she's the one with the ponytail seen at the beginning of the episode. Beautiful explanation to demonstrate the miraculous rescue of Eren! The next episode really deserves to be seen to understand what has combined the boy to defend his sister and his friend! I can not even imagine what is beneath his house, then!

Here is the face of those who fear to lose his beloved! Fear! X°°D

Stark700 said:

Jun 5, 2013 9:10 AM

Aug 2009
^ The two glasses chicks are different characters.Unless if Hanji traveled some kilometers in a few secs which resulted in accelerated growth.
Jun 5, 2013 9:32 AM

Mar 2010
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
IM SO PISSED AT THAT BAKA SUPERIOR OF THEM. NO HE DOESNT EVEN DESERVE TO BE CALLED A COMMANDER WHEN HE LEAVED HIS COMRADES BEHIND . BAKA BAKA BAKA COMANDER ABUSED HIS AUTHORITY!!!!!!! NO . BAKA-LY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE HIS RANK POWER D:

EREN !!! MIKASAAAAAAAA!! ARMIN!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2013 9:33 AM
Jun 5, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
think im starting to fall for Hanji Zoe
Jun 5, 2013 9:44 AM

Mar 2010
ssjokg said:
calm the fuck down.

Ehem. Alright. Calmed. Lets just hope that the commander will die on next episode ^_________________^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2013 9:54 AM

Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
Darklight0303 said:
blue001 said:
Terrible episode.

BAD animation.

0/10 at trolling

-3.14/10 He get's no Pi
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 5, 2013 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
zombiepika said:
think im starting to fall for Hanji Zoe

And you haven't even seen her at her prime yet. It gets better
Jun 5, 2013 10:09 AM
Feb 2013
zellami said:

Lol, be my guest, i knew you've been reading something else all along.

Use of strong argument is apparent, as always.

Raetin said:
Ambient_ said:
Raetin said:

tingy said:
Raetin said:
Ambient_ said:
Raetin said:

Yeah, I doubt that when they were evacuating the bulge cities, they closed the gates after everyone left. And if the gates were left open, then it's not impossible that some titans would wander in, despite no one being left in the cities. With what you said in mind, then even if there were people who could successfully make it to the pocket cities, they still couldn't have survived. Good point :)

Indeed, as tingy pointed out, a good argument, Raetin. Far better than anything that was written as of yet.

It's possible no giant would dwell in such an empty city, but they can't be sure of that. I guess it's equally possible they closed the gates - in fact, it's the most likely, because there is no need to give giants additional space to roam about, but then the problem remains how to get in there. Is the mechanism for opening the gates accessible from the inner side (coming from wall Rose)? Does anyone know?

If not, then they would have need for some people with 3D gear. Or they would have to *almost* close the gates, to about a meter, so giants couldn't get in, but people do. But both of these options would mean they'd have to have planned it, which, at least in the case of the exodus, is very unlikely.

I've been reading up on evacuations of cities, and it's apparent that in any group large enough, you will always have residents that will refuse to leave, even resisting compulsory evacuation, or hide, etc. This seems to be normal human behaviour. It's not farfetched, then, that some WILL have stayed behind in those pocket cities (another reason to close the gates, me thinks). So as I said in the beginning, it is reasonable to assume there are survivors left in those city offshoots. Their viability on the long term can be contested or doubted too, but since they will be no more than a few dozen at most, I think their survival possibilities in regard to space to grow food is better met.
AnimageNebyJun 5, 2013 10:41 AM
Jun 5, 2013 10:20 AM

Feb 2013
toothbrush said:
Kuchiyose no Jutsu!!

LOL I was thinking that when i watched it
Jun 5, 2013 10:32 AM

Mar 2013
jnw93 said:
toothbrush said:
Kuchiyose no Jutsu!!

LOL I was thinking that when i watched it

Now I remember. Flashback to Deadman Wonderland

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
Jun 5, 2013 11:13 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimageNeby said:

I've been reading up on evacuations of cities, and it's apparent that in any group large enough, you will always have residents that will refuse to leave, even resisting compulsory evacuation, or hide, etc. This seems to be normal human behaviour. It's not farfetched, then, that some WILL have stayed behind in those pocket cities (another reason to close the gates, me thinks). So as I said in the beginning, it is reasonable to assume there are survivors left in those city offshoots. Their viability on the long term can be contested or doubted too, but since they will be no more than a few dozen at most, I think their survival possibilities in regard to space to grow food is better met.

Oh that's interesting, what you researched about evacuations. It's true that there will be people who won't evacuate. That could be a reason for them to close the gates, but at the same time, I feel that maybe they were too busy evacuating everyone that they don't have the time to actually close the gates. I mean there are titans roaming around, and they would need to leave the cities as quick as possible before the titans fully disperse :/ YET then again, it shouldn't take that long to close the gates for the people who stayed behind anyways. So I guess in the end, it's still possible that there might be very few people still surviving in the 3 other pocket cites on Wall Maria.
Jun 5, 2013 11:16 AM

Apr 2008
tingy said:
AnimageNeby said:

Oh that's interesting, what you researched about evacuations. It's true that there will be people who won't evacuate. That could be a reason for them to close the gates, but at the same time, I feel that maybe they were too busy evacuating everyone that they don't have the time to actually close the gates. I mean there are titans roaming around, and they would need to leave the cities as quick as possible before the titans fully disperse :/ YET then again, it shouldn't take that long to close the gates for the people who stayed behind anyways. So I guess in the end, it's still possible that there might be very few people still surviving in the 3 other pocket cites on Wall Maria.

Yeah cause closing the gates really stops the Armored titan you know
Jun 5, 2013 11:22 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:
tingy said:
AnimageNeby said:

Did you see the Armored Titan breaking the gates of the other three pocket cities? In addition,
and no one else really remembers/knows that there are still few people living there, why would they need to break through?
Jun 5, 2013 11:39 AM

Apr 2008
tingy said:
Darklight0303 said:
tingy said:
AnimageNeby said:

Did you see the Armored Titan breaking the gates of the other three pocket cities? In addition,
and no one else really remembers/knows that there are still few people living there, why would they need to break through?

Titans sense humans. We saw that in the episode where Jean mentioned how too many of them had gathered in one place.

And no we didn't see the armored titan smashing the other gates but there is nothing saying he didn't. Providing that there were any humans left in there which I sincerely doubt.
Jun 5, 2013 12:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:

Titans sense humans. We saw that in the episode where Jean mentioned how too many of them had gathered in one place.

And no we didn't see the armored titan smashing the other gates but there is nothing saying he didn't. Providing that there were any humans left in there which I sincerely doubt.

That's true that titans do sense humans, but it's possible to say
But even if they can, I don't see a point of them going through all that trouble to destroy those gates just to kill so few? And you're right that the Armored Titan could've destroyed the three other gates, but it's equally like that he didn't and just disappeared after he destroyed the one between Shinganshina and inside of Wall Maria.

I also doubt that there might be survivors living in the pocket cities, but I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, regarding a hypothetical situation where there might be survivors outside of the Wall Rose. :)
tingyJun 5, 2013 12:18 PM
Jun 5, 2013 12:23 PM

Oct 2008
tingy said:
But even if they can, I don't see a point of them going through all that trouble to destroy those gates just to kill so few?

Why wouldn't they? So far, their only motivation seems to be the eradication of the human race.
Jun 5, 2013 12:24 PM
Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:
tingy said:
AnimageNeby said:

You repeatedly used that argument. As I said before, it has no bearings on the principle of the matter: the armoured titan could strike equally as well elsewhere. In fact, seen that they are only a few dozens there, it's reasonable to presume, from their stance, that less titans will be interested in an almost empty pocket city than in a human-stuffed Rose-area (and certainly the bulges there). Furthermore, just as wildfire, hurricanes, war, etc. are not detrimental enough to convince some people to evacuate, the possibility of the armoured titan who might or might not attack won't convince those people neither.

Point being, the argument has no bearing on the likelihood some people are still living in the pocket cities.

And, of course, when we speak with fourth-wall-breaking properties and after-the-facts knowledge - as you have done several times in the past in your argumentation - we actually know they would be far safer from an immediate attack by the armoured titan than Wall Rose, in fact. There would be no reason for him to attack a pocket city 250 km away which is, as far as he's concerned, empty, rather than attacking wall Rose, which was his next main objective.
AnimageNebyJun 5, 2013 12:35 PM
Jun 5, 2013 12:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
n10sity said:
tingy said:
But even if they can, I don't see a point of them going through all that trouble to destroy those gates just to kill so few?

Why wouldn't they? So far, their only motivation seems to be the eradication of the human race.

Neby answers this in the post above this one :)

Just elaborating a little on Neby's post, yes they are trying to eradicate the humans as we've seen so far, but then wouldn't it be better to just destroy Wall Rose and then even Wall Sina right after, rather than to run even farther to the other pocket cities?
tingyJun 5, 2013 12:43 PM
Jun 5, 2013 12:52 PM

Dec 2012
And how 10-15 k leftovers would burden them when the titans presumably have already wiped 1 000 000 people? Let say there are people in the three pocket-cities. Has anybody of you read what takes to live under siege (which would be the case) for 5 years, given the structure of Shiganshina and Trost (2 pocket-cities we've seen so far).[Gates are closed]
Jun 5, 2013 1:10 PM
Feb 2013
zellami said:
And how 10-15 k leftovers would burden them when the titans presumably have already wiped 1 000 000 people? Let say there are people in the three pocket-cities. Has anybody of you read what takes to live under siege (which would be the case) for 5 years, given the structure of Shiganshina and Trost (2 pocket-cities we've seen so far).[Gates are closed]

Who would be 'them'? The titans? The people of Rose?

That's a whole other discussion. The only postulation made here, was that it's likely that people still live in those pocket cities, at least during the first year(s) of the breach. I think neither the citizens nor the titans care much for them either way, even if they would know about them.

And while it will always be a burden to survive (for the whole of humanity, in fact), as long as the gate isn't breached (and only a few abnormals can do that) it's reasonable to assume that a pocket city who offered place enough to tens of thousands, will have ground enough to cultivate crops for a few dozens and will be self-sustainable. At least one has to acknowledge the potential is there.

Whether it would make any difference in the long run against the titans is doubtful, but it could be an interesting way to introduce some story-chapter or plot-twist.

But regardless, it is as you said: let's say there are people in the three pocket-cities. Indeed, let's. Then we are in agreement on this particular topic. :-)
AnimageNebyJun 5, 2013 1:14 PM
Jun 5, 2013 1:13 PM

Apr 2010
Even assuming that either there were some people that didn't leave the pocket cities, or by some God given miracle some of the 200k people that got the boot made it to one.
What have these people been living off of for the past 2-5years? Hopes & dreams? Rats? I would love to know.
Pages (23) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.