Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 24, 2013 4:02 PM

Oct 2011
I'm talking about the "restart" thing. Like Amagami and Yosuga no Sora. It's bullshit. There needs to be a fucking warning in the very first episode of anime like this that says:

"THIS IS AN EPISODIC ARC ANIME WHERE YOU WILL BECOME EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO ONE PAIRING AND THEN BECAUSE WE LACK ORIGINALITY AND FEEL THE NEED TO USE THE MANGA AS A FUCKING STORYBOARD BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO CREATIVELY ADVANCE A PLOT ON OUR OWN THE SHOW GOES BACK IN TIME AND THEN YOU START OVER, IT'S KIND OF LIKE A ROLLERCOASTER WHERE WE BUILD YOU UP AND THEN LET YOU DOWN EXCEPT WAY LESS FUN"

Seriously, I don't even know how shows like this get greenlit. I know it's my fault for not looking into it beforehand, even though I did read a bit of the manga first, but still. Shit's ridiculous. Yeah I'm mad. Done with this show. Wasn't even all that great to begin with.

Dammit.
May 24, 2013 4:10 PM

Dec 2012
Useless topic and Amagami was a great anime and you should know that every anime that gets adapted from a psp or ps2 game ( or from a sim game in general) have a reset arc thing because it's just adapting the girl routes in the game.
May 24, 2013 4:13 PM

Mar 2012
You should have seen this coming.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 24, 2013 6:01 PM

Oct 2011
tsudecimo said:
Useless topic and Amagami was a great anime and you should know that every anime that gets adapted from a psp or ps2 game ( or from a sim game in general) have a reset arc thing because it's just adapting the girl routes in the game.

Which is lazy. And if you're going to sit here and pretend to police "useless topics" then you might want to make yourself useful in the dozens of other threads out there that are nothing but useless. I'm legitimately upset about how this is still a thing. It's dumb and I am voicing my opinion. If you'd like to add to the conversation then go right ahead, instead of making a useless post.

NeoAnkara said:
You should have seen this coming.

Well, what else is new.
May 24, 2013 6:38 PM

Jul 2010
Honestly, meh. I was kinda prepared to this.
And i don't mind at all this arc thing like Amagami SS. (But still Amagami > Photokano)

My question is: How they will fit 6-5 girls in so few episodes?
AkanezoraMay 24, 2013 6:42 PM
May 24, 2013 6:47 PM

Apr 2010
I can't really say for sure. Other than Amagami and Yosuga no sora, there's only a few who does this Omnibus thing. And It didn't bothered me as much as it should.

Also, with that number of girls. I already see this coming.
May 25, 2013 8:32 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
I don't see the big deal. If anything, I'm betting one of the big reasons they do it is because the other girls are just as popular among the fans and the fans (you know, the people who will actually buy the DVDs of this) would be pissed or seriously disappointed if the anime adaptation only covers the primary heroine's arc.
May 25, 2013 9:47 PM

Jun 2008
(づ°‿°.)づ
May 25, 2013 9:52 PM

Aug 2012
USE THE MANGA AS A FUCKING STORYBOARD

...But the manga was entirely Haruka's arc...
May 27, 2013 11:17 PM

Oct 2011
MellowJello said:
USE THE MANGA AS A FUCKING STORYBOARD

...But the manga was entirely Haruka's arc...

I was just assuming. I never really got that far into the manga. If that's the case, then good. Good for manga team.

Ontario said:

Thank you, that actually makes me feel better.
May 27, 2013 11:25 PM

Nov 2011
Well, glad I came about this thread then.
Maybe a bit over the top, but I understand your anger. I don't find episodic anime that deals with romance and relationships appealing at all. That's one of my peeves I have with Yosuga no Sora.

I prefer to let the characters develop over time and just let the relationship blossom instead of doing the same thing, but at a quicker pace so the events don't give as big of an impact and suddenly we go backwards in time so the MC can have his way with a different girl.

I won't judge it since I haven't watched it, but with past experiences, I don't see them working too well.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 27, 2013 11:48 PM

Jun 2007
Regardless of your personal opinions on it - please stop calling it lazy. I'm not fond or not fond of it, it's something I don't really care one way or another about, but the idea that it's lazy is just silly.

There's a difference from a dating-sim/pick-a-girl type games and VNs, like let's just say Clannad or Little Busters, which has a 'true end' and the show still stays that way.

They aren't being lazy, they are staying true to the original material while also using it's original source in the best most fitting way - taking advantage of this style of material while adapting it. Something being made in a way you don't like does not make it lazy - don't belittle the writers and production staff because your views don't match their own ideas on how to make the series.

That's not always the case, but for most shows that do the 'reset' this is true.

So it's not lazy just because you dislike it. That's like saying all romance is lazy because you don't like romance, it's just fucking stupid and inaccurate. This is a style you don't like, this has nothing to do with the work put into it. Just as much work, time, thought, effort, and attention was put into making these shows as anything else. This isn't a situation where you could claim there's anything objectively or even strongly 'obviously' negative about it - even reading your post you pretty much are saying very clearly it's just you not liking the style; which is fine, but there's no reason to shit on those who made it not to your liking.
TallonKarrde23May 27, 2013 11:54 PM
Jun 8, 2013 10:18 PM

Aug 2010
This is based on a visual novel video game. The game's whole premise is to play through unique arcs where you focus on a different girl each time.

This is based on something with multiple stories/multiple endings, it was never a traditional novel/manga with one plot in the first place.
Jun 9, 2013 2:26 AM

Jul 2010
The point I would like to get across is that Amagami SS did this so much better. Every girl got 4 episodes almost no matter what. Completely different endings, and clear cut instructions of what was going to happen.
Jun 9, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
I do think there needs to be something at the beginning saying that it resets.

I had no idea going into this that it did that, I just read the synopsis and then started watching. The guy suddenly fell in love with one girl, then another, then another and the other ones didn't mind. I was so lost till I eventually looked it up.

Unless you go in knowing this, it really does through you off.
Feb 18, 2014 11:01 PM

Jan 2009
can't stand short episodic animes because of the reset thing and how things get rushed. i guess if stories keep being told the same way, things would just get boring. can't blame the makers for trying this approach.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 21, 2020 12:14 AM

Aug 2017
Amagami was badass and Yosuga no Sora not bad either

I like omnibus
Jan 15, 2022 4:38 PM

Oct 2015
Oh thank goodness for this post. Imma dodge this anime since I don't like animes with different routes either.
Jun 10, 2022 8:29 PM

Mar 2016
Well this approach will likely never going to make new audience trying the VN itself.

But for me, if we talked from the VN playerbase persective. I surely love the approach they make with this anime adaptation honestly

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favourite girl.

Kanorin - Jun 22, 2013

25 by 0nder_16 »»
Jun 14, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

104 by Kraum »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:49 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

118 by maaroc »»
Sep 15, 2022 10:35 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

112 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 20, 2022 4:32 PM

» New kiss scenes in route endings on blurays.

MysteryFan89 - Jun 1, 2014

6 by Hereditus »»
May 5, 2021 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.