Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 22, 2013 10:48 AM
Mar 2012
This is beyond fucking retarded
May 22, 2013 10:49 AM

Apr 2011
GuiltyKing said:
Even so, he's done way too much crap to even mention taking the title of Hokage. Aside from his actions, his character is completely bland. Sasuke's like an empty jar, waiting to be filled with an opinion and a mission. The only time that he acted on his own was back in part 1 when he hated Itachi. Since then Orochimaru, Itachi, Obito, Itachi again and lastly Hashirama, a dead Hokage Sasuke has known for about 30 minutes told him their worldviews and little naive Sasuke followed suit and acted accordingly. That kid's crazy as could be seen during the Kage arc. And such a person wants to lead and change a village? Yeah, sure, my ass.

Soooo.... are you agreeing with my points or not? And yeah, Sasuke is pretty much an empty jar. I never really understood his character. Maybe that's the reason why I didn't like him that much. Oh and that dead Hokage you're talking about, he's the one that knows the complete truth about Madara. Sasuke needed answers from someone that wasn't hell bent on manipulating him (a.k.a. Obito, a.k.a "Madara"). And Hashirama was that person. Sasuke knew him for 30 minutes, but you cannot deny that Sasuke also knew that Hashirama was the ones that could give him the answers he wanted. Whether you like his decision after that (or not, I guessing it's not), that is a complete other story.

The naivety (+ something else) of Sasuke has pretty much been a strong point in this series. It was his naivety (and jealousy) which led him to leave Konoha, his naivety (and stupidity) that made him believe he could redeem the Uchiha by killing the Konoha elders and it's also his naivety that makes him believe that he could change the village. Or maybe he just doesn't know who to trust, in which case it is also naivety.

GuiltyKing said:
Right now the only one who could be Hokage is Kakashi since he seems to be the only person still capable of thinking logically. The other candidates are either a psychopathic Uchiha or a lovesick Uzumaki (who's sadly got the hots for the Uchiha). Or Shikamaru; forgot about that genius for a second. He would make for a good village leader too.

Right now, I would say Kakashi and Naruto are the only people capable of properly leading Konoha, Kakashi moreso. We saw that Naruto has matured (this chapter confirmed that he kept his head cool after sensing his dead father), so we know that he might be able to do it. What I'm thinking is, Naruto will become Hokage and depending on A, Sasuke would either become advisor or something else. As for Shikamaru, forget it. With him in charge, Konoha will fall from strongest village to laziest. Not to mention, he'll deny the offer anyway.
May 22, 2013 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
So history will repeat itself once again? Sasuke gonna go renegade after being a Hokage reject.
May 22, 2013 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
Solo_Remnants said:
While I wouldn't have cared to read it all, I still did expect to see more of a reaction to the kages.
and when Minato said that Naruto was his son.. everybody's reaction (if there was one) = -_-
May 22, 2013 11:11 AM

Feb 2008
Darkshadow1991 said:
Mangapanda strikes again xD.

prism2525 said:

Sakura is full of talk but I bet that her 'real power' is just a hay fire. If she's anything like Tsunade she'll hopefully get torn in two.

Or go out in Neji style...

pretty sure tsunade's weakness was that she was too old.

and sasuke wants to be hokage....how cute.
May 22, 2013 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
No words, like really...Im just happy for NaruxSaku hint, which makes me lonely seeing how people hate it xD.
May 22, 2013 11:20 AM
Apr 2013
it's really not credible.madara was waiting for the hokage to take care of the juubi i mean why??
May 22, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
houss13 said:
it's really not credible.madara was waiting for the hokage to take care of the juubi i mean why??
its a shounen, don't try to beat some logic into it. He waited hours and hours to wipe out the ninja army and now he lost his chance, typical.
May 22, 2013 11:26 AM

Feb 2013
OH HOT DANG

SASUKE WANTS TO BECOME HOKAGE, NARUTO SAYS SAKURA'S HIS GIRLFRIEND, THE HOKAGE DO SOME EPIC SEAL ON THE JUUBI

Hashirama's "I'll take care of you later" to Madara XD

HOW ABOUT HINATA JEEZ NARUTO YOU SAY SAKURA'S YOUR GIRLFRIEND BUT DID YOU THINK ABOUT HOW HINATA FEELS?!

Where's Karin and Orochimaru though....

One of the best chapters by far! Team 7 REVIVED!!! :D I love you Sasuke <3 and KISHIMOTO TOO
May 22, 2013 11:31 AM

Jan 2008
wow now sasuke wants to be hokage

looks like kishi went full retard
May 22, 2013 11:32 AM
Mar 2010
Minato using Kurama's chakra like Naruto does. Did he trained using it while inside the shinigami.

Madara really miss Hashirama that much eh. I love that speechless face of Madara.

Sasuke wanting to be a hokage was shocking. But its good to see team 7 minus Kakashi together again.
May 22, 2013 11:34 AM

Apr 2010
What the fuck did I just read? O_O
I mean hello!!
Minato is having a father-son talk with Naruto and no wonders why or how? Not that I didn't expect it, but at least some dropped jaws in the background would be better...
Then that crazy "Idon'tknowwhattodowithmylifecreep" Sasuke shows up and start quoting Naruto... Kishi did you have a lil' bit more saké during the past week or what?
The whole plot starts to be very rushed, or it is just me? :/
May 22, 2013 11:41 AM

Jul 2007
fangirls having their orgasm's over who the pairing is.

just because one little comedy moment. I really felt that one little dialogue scene was more just a joke, it didn't set things in stone for who is naruto's gf.

But you guys take is so serously. Don't get me wrong, it could happen, but just wait and see. I mean sheesh one little dialogue between minata and naruto and everyone is like

OMFG Narsaku is confirmed, MY NARUHINA is not going to happen?, Nooo" Keep in mind, look at the facts, do you really think naruto is a love interest for sakura, especially since he knows what sakura's true feelings are and its not to be in love with naruto. Naruto knows that from way back when she laid a false claim bout her conviction towards loving naruto. You think naruto is just going to forget bout that and say oh yeah, i get sakura baby. LOL Not going to happen.

Now i am not saying i know what is going to happen but that would be absolutly the most ridiculous plot hole ever in the story if kishimoto did that. It would have to be some traumatic experience that pushed that into motion, like hinata dying and then naruto doing something absolutely crazy for sakura that would make her fall in love with him. Kishi's attempt at trolling you as succeeded cause your taking the bate but don't let your minds cloud your judgement people, really.

May 22, 2013 11:43 AM
Dec 2012
CocoNoelle said:
What the fuck did I just read? O_O
I mean hello!!
Minato is having a father-son talk with Naruto and no wonders why or how? Not that I didn't expect it, but at least some dropped jaws in the background would be better...
Then that crazy "Idon'tknowwhattodowithmylifecreep" Sasuke shows up and start quoting Naruto... Kishi did you have a lil' bit more saké during the past week or what?
The whole plot starts to be very rushed, or it is just me? :/

No. Chapters 498-501, absolutely dragged out, Kishimoto is making chapters out of Panels. It's not rushing, it's Dragging.
May 22, 2013 11:48 AM

Jun 2010
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN I NEVER expected that.

May 22, 2013 11:53 AM
Apr 2013
13man18 said:

yeah but in a bad way
and for people fantasizing about couples.i think neighter will happen, cause Naruto isn't oriented romance at all
May 22, 2013 12:10 PM

Apr 2010
houss13 said:
13man18 said:

yeah but in a bad way
and for people fantasizing about couples.i think neighter will happen, cause Naruto isn't oriented romance at all

Naruto is oriented towards my romance with Sasuke XD XD XD
May 22, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2009
Wow! oh wow! I laughed but also felt sad like poor Hinata. Looks like the end is near. My favorite character in whole of Naruto is probably Pain with his six forms. Totally badass villain.
May 22, 2013 12:26 PM

Jul 2007
Btw did any of you actually read the manga stream version of this chapter, its so very different.

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/94426240/19

Makes you kind of wonder what the "real" translation really is. I think that whole "Do you think i am really going to sit back and play the damsil in distress" is kind of funny lol. Because truthfully that is all she has been.

I hate when fan translators try and screw up the original version just to add their own personal flare to the dialogue.

May 22, 2013 12:38 PM
Mar 2011
Way to fucking sell out Kishimoto.
May 22, 2013 12:43 PM

Jul 2011
Ooh!!! Team 7 reunited again!! New 3 sannin?
"When people realize how lonely it is being on their own, they will become kind."
— Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
May 22, 2013 1:01 PM

Dec 2008
Well if kishimoto makes this naruxsaku thing happen or even makes sasuke hokage then this manga just went down the shit hole making me think the kishimoto has no more ideas and at this point is just gonna please the fans and hasn't really thought of an ending. He's making me think that this was just a fluke and he has no real ability in making a coherent plot.
May 22, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2010
HAHHAHAHAHAA
OKAY, THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE READ IN MY LIFE.
10/10

1. Minato's Biju Mode? OOokay.
2. Sasuke HOKAGE OMG AHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
3. SAKURA WANTS TO FIGHT AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA I hope she dies soon after that.

Wow, the sillness is over 9000 this time!

Okay, I can see the reason for the final battle of the series now - Sasuke vs Naruto fighting for hokage title... But, there isn't even point for it, so far. Just like Naruto recalled Itachi's words - you can't become a Hokage without gaining everyone's trust and I'm quite sure, that nobody trust Sasuke :P And everyone in the Konoha think of Naruto as of a real hero right now.
May 22, 2013 1:10 PM

Jun 2008
k11chi said:
Why NaruSaku?

Because
May 22, 2013 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
Finally Team 7 reunited! lol Naruto/Sakura moment...Sasuke wanting to be hokage was kinda stupid. Finally the climax been reached, hopefully masahi kishimoto wont drag the story long... i wanna see how it ends!
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
May 22, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2013
why do eveyrone hate Sakura??! its ridiculous!
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
May 22, 2013 1:21 PM
Aug 2009
Sasuke wanting to become Hokage > Sasuke fighting Naruto in the end
May 22, 2013 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
I actually liked this chapter a lot . Sasuke and Sakura are getting a new development , I loved tha Hashirama and Madara part , oKAY,Sasuke becoming Hokage is a bit strange,but I agree with Kishimoto , Minato KCM was awesome .

Simply cannot wait till' next week
May 22, 2013 1:33 PM

Jun 2010
AHHH FAN GIRLING AT EVERY SINGLE PAGE !!
May 22, 2013 2:00 PM

May 2010
akatsukireunites said:

She's a bitch, why would we need another reason :P
May 22, 2013 2:05 PM

Apr 2011
This chapter probably killed naruto for me. Madara is lame as hell as a villain, he just goes silent when Hasirama tells him to shut up....Lmao....

Also, Sasuke wanting to become hokage was such an obvious and boring move kishimoto made." Let's just end the manga with the two of them fighting for hokage, that'll be cool!" No...no it won't, it'd be predictable as all hell and lame...

And lol at sakura wanting to fight, hahahaa.
May 22, 2013 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
akatsukireunites said:
fucking slut from the first episode until the last one.. made naruto suffer for her own good, lied to him, treated him like shit.. I hope she dies.

Kitsu-nee said:
HAHHAHAHAHAA
OKAY, THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE READ IN MY LIFE.
10/10

1. Minato's Biju Mode? OOokay.
2. Sasuke HOKAGE OMG AHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
3. SAKURA WANTS TO FIGHT AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA I hope she dies soon after that.

Wow, the sillness is over 9000 this time!

Okay, I can see the reason for the final battle of the series now - Sasuke vs Naruto fighting for hokage title... But, there isn't even point for it, so far. Just like Naruto recalled Itachi's words - you can't become a Hokage without gaining everyone's trust and I'm quite sure, that nobody trust Sasuke :P And everyone in the Konoha think of Naruto as of a real hero right now.
couldnt agree more.. fucking pissed atm
May 22, 2013 2:15 PM

Jan 2012
Its Going to be the battle for the title of Hokage it seems

May 22, 2013 2:20 PM
Jul 2012
......I'm dropping.
May 22, 2013 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
naruto is coming to an end and I ain't liking it.

May 22, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2013
Kishi is trolling everyone today!

But I don't think Sasuke's new resolve is to be scoffed at. Now that Sasuke learned the actual history of the village, being the Hokage seems to be a good choice to prevent the Leaf from doing that corrupted conspiracy again on another clan, like the Hyuuga Clan so to speak. If the Hyuuga Clan ever does show signs of a coup d'etat (which is unlikely), then Sasuke should handle it pretty well diplomatically.

It's the same in FMA:Brotherhood, where Roy Mustang's other reason for being Fuhrer is to prevent the corruption of Amestris. I'll say that Sasuke's reason is similar to that now that he's learned from the Hokages themselves.

Heh, but Sasuke saying "I will be Hokage" is the most WTF moment of anime this year! XDDDD

I still vouch for Naruto being the Hokage.
May 22, 2013 2:46 PM

Mar 2012
Sasuke, you want to be the hokage?! You can't even lead yourself let alone a whole village.
May 22, 2013 2:50 PM

Apr 2009
YES. All of my dreams have come true.
May 22, 2013 3:25 PM
Feb 2013
now i'm gonna drop this shit to hell!

( Im gonna read fairy tail and shingeki no kyojin which kodansha published!)
May 22, 2013 4:02 PM

Jul 2007
Its funny how stupid you guys all are, thinking that naruto is going to end up with sakura, sasuske's resolve to be hokage is going to end up in them fighting over each other over that title? Sakura dying, would completely destroy any redeeming qualities that kishimoto just set up so i doubt that is ever going to happen.

You have to give kishi more credit then that, i mean COME ON!!. I can't believe what im fcking hearing, do you honestly think that sasuske and naruto are going fight each other in a final battle over who becomes hokage?? You have read this manga for so long and still don't under stand kishomoto.

It is funny listening to all these silly ass predictions of yours though.

These are my theoretical viewson the whole thing. Yes the reasoning behind sasuske becoming hokage is not a plot hole, its not something to laugh at, "hahahaha, omfg that is so BS" It makes perfect sence like alot of users have said on here but as far as naruto and sasuske "fighting" over that title, that is just beyond ridiculous and kishimoto has more sence then that.

May 22, 2013 4:08 PM

Mar 2012
OMFG I was waiting for this for years. YEARS!!
God my dream really came true. TvT
May 22, 2013 4:18 PM
Feb 2013
I couldn't stop grinning while reading this.
May 22, 2013 4:29 PM

Oct 2012
it's been a while since i'm laughing so hard... this chapter way too good!!

I hope narusaku is true..
cant wait to see sasuke in action again. now my hatred toward sasuke finally disappear.

May 22, 2013 4:29 PM
Oct 2012
I really hope sasuke was lying, probably not, but I can dream

Didn't sai say awhile back that sasuke could never be allowed back into the leaf village for his involvement with the akatsuki against the cloud village? Tis hokage crap aint going to work out at all!

But I would like to see naruto vs sasuke round 4 one way or another, their battle at the valley of end was too epic
May 22, 2013 4:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
LOL at Hashirama telling Madara that he'll deal with him later XD Madara's reaction was great. Sasuke declaring that he wants to be the hokage made me laugh not because it was silly, but it was totally unexpected. Of all the things he says when he returns....he says something that will probably make everyone else more angry. Oh Sasuke. I don't get why everyone's thinking that NaruSaku is confirmed? I thought it was just a joke :/ But anyways, that last panel. Team 7 is back! So much nostalgia.
May 22, 2013 4:45 PM

Aug 2008
Soooooo, Sasuke returns to the fold after 500+ chapters of being a bad guy. Sakura still goes googly eyes for him upon seeing him. And she hits Naruto without even a hint of returned affection at his running joke, even though he's clearly the hero.

..... and this chapter is supposed to boost NaruSaku??? lol

If anything, this hurts what little shred of hope NaruSaku had. Sasuke is back as a good guy!!! And he plans on restoring his clan and becoming hokage!!! Why on earth would this somehow help NaruSaku's cause? Sakura's gonna be back to her fangirl ways in no time. lulz
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
May 22, 2013 4:50 PM

May 2013
Lol, I just thought of something. Remember Sasuke said with indifferent detest, "You're noisy as always" to everyone else? Hinata's the one that didn't say anything about Sasuke's arrival. What the hell are you implying here Kishi? XD

If he plans to pair Sasuke and Hinata, that will be the most outrageous move that he can do in Naruto. lol Sharingan+Byakugan= Shakugan(lawls). However, I find the prospect very plausible if not outrageous.
May 22, 2013 4:55 PM
Nov 2009
I enjoyed this chapter....but I don't like what's going on...rushed as hell.

Chuunin exam battle between Saucy and Naru after this war to determine the next Hokage. Everything predictable has been happening ever since timeskip in Naruto occured so it wouldn't surprise me if that's how Naruto and Sasuke will finally fight at full power. And also f*ck Sakura. 3/5
May 22, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
I loved this chapter!!
May 22, 2013 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
I know the chapter wasn't the best in terms of story, the whole hokage thing was a bit random. But seeing Team 7 together again made me fangirl. I'm so happy Sasuke is finally back. I can't help it, just that image of Team 7 has meant a lot to me since I was a little kid, and so I had a lot of fun reading the chapter. Thanks Kishi!! Lol'd at Madara/Hashirama.

Oh, and SasukexSakura pweese.
fishergirl16May 22, 2013 5:06 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.