Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 22, 2013 7:28 AM
May 2013
Awesome chapter: Team 7 reunited, Minato being badass and Naruto finally gets Sakura after lusting after her since the beginning. It's a nice closure in my opinion (LOL at all the butthurt hinatards)
May 22, 2013 7:29 AM

Apr 2011
GuiltyKing said:
Sasuke says he wants to become Hokage and doesn't care about what the others think. In other words a wanted criminal wants to become the leader of the village (the definition of Hokage) and wants the village to accept it. And what will happen if he realizes how dumb his wish is? Right, he'll throw a tantrum, like all Uchiha do, and probably attack Konoha to make them accept him.
You didn't provide me any solid reason as to how that 'plot twist' would make any sense whatsoever.

Here ya go, then. Bottom right panel. "The Kages created this situation. I'll become Hokage and change the village.
May 22, 2013 7:31 AM
Aug 2011
It's funny seeing most people's main concern is Naruto and Sakura joke from Naruto's father.

Honestly that confirms nothing. Though I will play along, if it does end with their pairing so be it. Honestly Hinata is the better choice. Seeing as how she actually helps Naruto in many ways and adores him. While Sakura just cried about Sasuke the whole time. lol

Onto the important stuff. This chapter was definitely rushed in some ways but very expected. It's good seeing the team together, but Sasuke's claim is just hilarious. Though I understand his point, hopefully he realizes he has stiff competition from Naruto. Although I honestly think the smarter choice is to let Sasuke have the position as odd as it might sound.

To people claiming Sasuke is wishy washy and all that. Well who wouldn't be, he watched all his family die. He was tricked by his brother into hatred. Trained by crazy strong crazy people. Then grew up and learned the truth. At least he is thinking clearly and not letting lies lead him anymore. He learned the truth and made a decision .

The fight should be pretty intense, I am sure they will throw another death at us. My bet is on Kakashi.

EDIT: added a bit more.
Tired_SmurphMay 22, 2013 7:35 AM
May 22, 2013 7:33 AM
Feb 2012
yhunata said:
GuiltyKing said:
Sasuke says he wants to become Hokage and doesn't care about what the others think. In other words a wanted criminal wants to become the leader of the village (the definition of Hokage) and wants the village to accept it. And what will happen if he realizes how dumb his wish is? Right, he'll throw a tantrum, like all Uchiha do, and probably attack Konoha to make them accept him.
You didn't provide me any solid reason as to how that 'plot twist' would make any sense whatsoever.

Here ya go, then. Bottom right panel. "The Kages created this situation. I'll become Hokage and change the village.

Buddy, are you skipping over the part of my post where I mention Sasuke's crimes? Do you seriously want everyone to accept Sasuke because *that is what would be needed for him to become Hokage*. He can't just take the title by force and expect everyone to be fine with it.
You say you aren't a blind fanboy, but your argumentation- or rather lack of it- speak a different language.

Dr_Smurph said:
It's funny seeing most people's main concern is Naruto and Sakura joke from Naruto's father.

Honestly that confirms nothing. Though I will play along, if it does end with their pairing so be it. Honestly Hinata is the better choice. Seeing as how she actually helps Naruto in many ways and adores him. While Sakura just cried about Sasuke the whole time. lol

Onto the important stuff. This chapter was definitely rushed in some ways but very expected. It's good seeing the team together, but Sasuke's claim is just hilarious.

The fight should be pretty intense, I am sure they will throw another death at us. My bet is on Kakashi.

Hinata was standing right there while Naruto declared Sakura as his girlfriend. Poor girl will hang herself by the end of this.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 22, 2013 7:35 AM
May 2013
GuiltyKing said:
yhunata said:
GuiltyKing said:

Buddy, are you skipping over the part of my post where I mention Sasuke's crimes? Do you seriously want everyone to accept Sasuke because *that is what would be needed for him to become Hokage*. He can't just take the title by force and expect everyone to be fine with it.
You say you aren't a blind fanboy, but your argumentation- or rather lack of it- speak a different language.

I am pretty sure the village will give the Sauce full pardon because they need the sharingan in the village and he is the last useful candidate
May 22, 2013 7:39 AM

Apr 2011
GuiltyKing said:
yhunata said:
GuiltyKing said:

Sorry dude, but 4 hours of many Zubats can make you very tired. See the next page. Quite obviously, Hashirama has already accepted Sasuke. And do you think that his help in defeating the Juubi and/or Madara and/or Obito will go unappreciated? His crimes won't be forgiven, he himself knows that. But he can do something that can cancel it out (by cancelling it out, I mean, his crimes will remain, but a good deed will cover it. It happens in the real world, why not in this?).
May 22, 2013 7:41 AM

Jan 2010
I was kind of hoping that there would be a Naruto x Hina moment in this chapter, but no. That might change, especially since Sasuke is there. We don't really know what Saukura's feelings for him are at this time, or his for her (or really anyone for that matter).
May 22, 2013 7:42 AM
Sep 2007
vindemon64 said:
natssuu said:
1) Sasuke doesn't care about the title, he wants to change a village that caused his clan's massacre.

2) I'm glad Kishi didn't forget about the Yin half of Kyuubi that Minato sealed inside of himself

3) Naruto and Sakura weren't surprised of Sasuke's change of heart as they always knew Sasuke had this tiny light inside of his heart

All this being said, I saw nothing wrong about the chapter, vice versa it's the best one we've had in ages! Even this was foreshadowed in the very first chapters when Kakashi said ''You should quit being a shinobi, you lack the most important thing to a shinobi.. Teamwork!''. Sakura having more screen time is a big plus as she is the heroine of the series.

This is by far the most intelligent comment in this entire thread. And exactly mirrored my own feelings about this chapter.

Wholeheartedly agreed. I will thoroughly love rereading this manga (boy, that will take forever though) to see all the foreshadowing was throughout the manga. For me, the turn of events (minus Sasuke's announcement..though it makes sense to me....) seem very natural to me. I don't feel that the change of Sasuke's heart is merely to please people. This transformation has been blatantly foreshadowed since Sasuke's break from Konoha.

While I understand that some people are not going to like this chapter nor this series in the end, please at least explain why. (....yeah, I know...this is the internet.....>.>)
May 22, 2013 7:45 AM

May 2010
i spent too much time on it to drop it now, so i'll just pretend that i liked it :|
May 22, 2013 7:48 AM
Jul 2011
humza said:
I liked this chapter a lot, but sasuke wanting to be hokage was a complete shocker to me. I understand that it kinda makes sense because this way he can prevent injustice like what happened to uchiha and his brother, but if he actually does become hokage....it will be the biggest troll of all time. Deafeating the purpose of the series.
agreed :P I want NaruHina and Naruto as hokake!!!! GIEF!!! :P then Sauske can get stuck with useless Sakura :P
May 22, 2013 7:49 AM

Mar 2012
GuiltyKing said:
yhunata said:
Rushed chapter. Other than that, I also would like to know why Orochimaru got his arms back, but Kyuubi didn't get half it's soul back. Or was it because Kyuubi was sealed? Well, rushed chapter, but good.

GuiltyKing said:
Just out of curiosity; at those guys, who apparently adore Sasuke and want to have his baby- how can you possibly accept this chapter without any complaints? Have you forgotten all the crimes he committed during the last few hundred chapters? His intent to kill the Konoha elders, to destroy essentially all of the village? That same guy, who is a fucked up sociopath, wants to lead said village and you're content with that? Do you all have the attention span of a fly or are you simply such big fanboys/girls that you don't care about character development, plot or even good art?

Read carefully, Sasuke says he wants to change the village. He could care less about the title of Hokage. You also forget how Sasuke said his actions can't be forgiven, but he still wants to be Hokage just so that he can change the village. And before you call me a blind fanboy, Sasuke is my least favorite character in this series..... well, after Sakura, that is.

He did you're just completely unreasonable and impossible to please
May 22, 2013 8:04 AM

Aug 2010
I guess that battle kishi said about naruto and sasuke having could possibly be the title of hokage...

Jan 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
TOPLEL.
FUCK MY SIDES.
WOOP DEE FUCKING DOO.
BLAH BLAH NARU-FUCK-TARD

Rating divided by 2 = 3/10.

Nice Kishitmoto.

Fuck this series as usual.

Cries more.

Welp.

Its happening.

Chapter = 1/5.

and yet it's still better than fairy tail
Feb 2009
WTF DID I JUST READ?!!!

i waited the fight between naruto n sasuke for hundreds n hundreds of chapters n then this the result?!!!
oblivious is a bliss

May 2013
Who would have thought that sasuke would now want to become hokage. Never thought to see team 7 reunited and fight together again.
May 22, 2013 8:05 AM

Dec 2009
I don't know what the fuck to say. The build up to the hokages appearing has been awesome but...WTF?!
This chapter feels completely unreal, literally. It felt more like a freaking fanfiction chapter. Extremely rushed, I just...i'm confused at what I read lol Shit...

And it seems a lot of people are more concerned with the whole NarutoXSakura thing than anything else. But I thought it was all just a lighthearted joke by Naruto.
May 22, 2013 8:05 AM

Oct 2008
Vikopaulum said:
If this is about how completely lost the plot is right now, then yes, I agree. I've been thinking that for weeks on end already. Someone please get this over with.

Seriously speaking here, I've been reading this kind of comment about the Naruto story for a while now. I see that feedback so commonly now that I honestly wonder why don't you guys just stop reading Naruto where you are right now, wait until the last chapter comes out and then bulldoze through every chapter from where you stopped to the ending?
May 22, 2013 8:10 AM

Jul 2007
I wonder if this chapter lol will top chapter 599 for the most replies on MAL.

May 22, 2013 8:13 AM
May 2013
and yet it's still better than fairy tail

Indeed, I was elated when I saw the first episodes of FT and then the plot degraded constantly
This chapter was good because full of happenings and interesting characters all together; my favourite part was Naruto's cool attitude ["ehi dad, I am just chilling after being a boss, do something while I R&R, thanks"]
Only WTF moment is Minato going Kyuuby mode: it's the confirmation that Minato is the most badass ninja of all time, almost on par with the Sage of six paths. O_O
May 22, 2013 8:24 AM

Feb 2013
I was dead ass laughing so hard when I saw Sasuke saying he wants to become hokage. Sakura was annoying and Madara was just.... He was like "I've been waiting all the time for u Hashirama" and Hashirama is like "Yeah can you wait a little longer for our date, I gotta defeat the Juubi first" Madara: "Ok my love" *sits back*
May 22, 2013 8:24 AM

Feb 2013
Naruto and Sasuke are so kawaii together I can't deal, this was such a good chapter and how Minato went kyuubi mode all of the sudden wow.
May 22, 2013 8:30 AM

Mar 2009
we'll in next champter Sasuke will decide that he want be pirate king or whatever :p
anyway we all knew that this moment when Emosuke will return will come sooner or later, but when it accualy happens it hurts :S a lot like enough to drop 4 points from naruto score ...
[/url]
May 22, 2013 8:33 AM

Nov 2012
Sasuke said he wants to be a hokage,,,
LOL WTF ?????
that's totally can't be unseen
May 22, 2013 8:41 AM

Nov 2011

That moment when you realize that your archrival wants to take away your dream.

Lol, team 7 reborn. Oh Sasuke-kun..
May 22, 2013 8:49 AM

Dec 2007
how to ruin naruto in 3 words

"i'll become hokage"

said by anyone else but naruto
May 22, 2013 8:50 AM
May 2013
is it possible that the third can also use sunshin or did it just looked like it?
May 22, 2013 8:54 AM

Jan 2012
nice try fairy tail fans
but this chapter was good,plus things won't stay this way there's still
Orochimaru o.0
May 22, 2013 8:56 AM

Jan 2012
Its like kishi doesn't even care anymore. He's just throwing everyone in at one go, saying bullshit just to keep the story going.
May 22, 2013 8:57 AM

Feb 2013
It's really complicated, but my mind just had been f*cked up... I don't understand Kishimoto. He made everyone thinks about NaruHina and then he made Sakura Naruto's gf... what the hell?! and how you imagine that Sasuke, who escaped village for few years, then he almost killed Naruto, Sakura and all the village. Now he came on battle field and said "I will be hokage". Are you f*cking kidding me? and what's about Minato? How it is possible that he can come into Kyuubi mode in the perfect version?!?! it's impossible...

Kishimoto, just stop smoking weed and write story with logic...
"In the Ninja World, those who break the rules are scum, that's true...but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum!" ~Kakashi Hatake and Obito Uchiha
May 22, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 2011
xitachi_uchiax said:
is it possible that the third can also use sunshin or did it just looked like it?

I think that was Minato. They said something about a seal to Minato right before that, so I think he marked them and sent them to the kunai he had thrown beforehand.

YoruAi said:
It's really complicated, but my mind just had been f*cked up... I don't understand Kishimoto. He made everyone thinks about NaruHina and then he made Sakura Naruto's gf... what the hell?! and how you imagine that Sasuke, who escaped village for few years, then he almost killed Naruto, Sakura and all the village. Now he came on battle field and said "I will be hokage". Are you f*cking kidding me? and what's about Minato? How it is possible that he can come into Kyuubi mode in the perfect version?!?! it's impossible...

Kishimoto, just stop smoking weed and write story with logic...

It's actually fairly simple, dude.
1. Naruto lied.
2. Sasuke can be redeemed (possibly) if he plays an important role in Madara/Obito/Juubi's downfall.
3. Minato sealed half-the Kyuubi within him, remember. And I doubt Kurama will put up much of a fight anymore, since he respects Minato a lot since he teamed up with Naruto.
May 22, 2013 9:04 AM

Jul 2011
Sasuke as Hokage, huh?
講廢話,被撞到.
May 22, 2013 9:13 AM
Jan 2009
i recommend this song to play when team 7 fights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtMstkF4BQ
May 22, 2013 9:30 AM

May 2013
Thoughts about the plot aside, I'm quite thrilled to see Team 7 teaming up again.
May 22, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
1st hokage: i always love crashing parties! LMAO

I feel like I was trolled real hard.. I mean Sasuke Hokage? Please don't make me laugh.. Kishi really need to put an end to this series, so many plot holes and ridiculousness it makes me pissed. Naruto x Sakura? HELL NO.
KneelBeforeMeMay 22, 2013 9:38 AM
May 22, 2013 9:39 AM

Aug 2009
BOOOOOOOOO!!!! Naruto X Sakura sucks!!!

Lol deep down Madara is still Harashima's best-friend.

LOL so in a mean naruto and sasuke will fight for the title of hokage. XD

Thats a nice change. I think this chapter is awesome. 10/10

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
May 22, 2013 9:43 AM

Apr 2013
chrizo said:
I think Kishimoto is planning to really end this series and continue off with his mafia manga, it kind of feels like things havn't been thought through and everyone's emotions towards the Hokages and Sasuke was just bland.
agreed.. when the 4th said "thank you for taking care of my son" nobody reacted.. I mean really? Its as if everyone knew about it and not only the higher ups.. ridiculous.
May 22, 2013 9:50 AM

Jan 2010
IndoExamurai said:
I don't know what the fuck to say. The build up to the hokages appearing has been awesome but...WTF?!
This chapter feels completely unreal, literally. It felt more like a freaking fanfiction chapter. Extremely rushed, I just...i'm confused at what I read lol Shit...

I had the same feeling ...

I think I should hate this chapter, since it presents everything I think that went wrong with Naruto, but ...

I think that I fucking love it heuheuheu

That's a shounen after all ... it has moral lessons and it'll have a happy ending lol

Sasuke's role in the story: anti-hero > hero > anti-hero again > anti-villain > anti-hero again > then Hokage? LOL
BDLMay 22, 2013 9:58 AM
May 22, 2013 10:03 AM

Feb 2010
Everything with Minato becomes epic,but the rest of chapter was hilarious
May 22, 2013 10:05 AM

Apr 2012
Can't believe Team 7 is finally reunited, I'm glad they put a lot into this chapter and allowing Sasuke to explain his motives instead of leaving a cliffhanger.

So Sasuke wants to become hokage? I have a feeling he will. Or that there will be two hokage's. If Naruto doesn't become hokage, he might just be a sage, kind of like Ero-sennin (minus the ero part), or he might even die at the end.
May 22, 2013 10:07 AM

Apr 2009
I'm happy for this chapter. It's best I've seen all day. But, only thing that drove me off the wall of insanity is when they suddenly shoe-horned Sasuke wanting to be hokage. Why? Just...just why?! >_<
May 22, 2013 10:08 AM
Feb 2012
MugiWaraRedo said:
He did you're just completely unreasonable and impossible to please

Hello random fanboy, butting into the conversation, contributing zero. How're you?

yhunata said:
GuiltyKing said:
yhunata said:
GuiltyKing said:

Sorry dude, but 4 hours of many Zubats can make you very tired. See the next page. Quite obviously, Hashirama has already accepted Sasuke. And do you think that his help in defeating the Juubi and/or Madara and/or Obito will go unappreciated? His crimes won't be forgiven, he himself knows that. But he can do something that can cancel it out (by cancelling it out, I mean, his crimes will remain, but a good deed will cover it. It happens in the real world, why not in this?).

Even so, he's done way too much crap to even mention taking the title of Hokage. Aside from his actions, his character is completely bland. Sasuke's like an empty jar, waiting to be filled with an opinion and a mission. The only time that he acted on his own was back in part 1 when he hated Itachi. Since then Orochimaru, Itachi, Obito, Itachi again and lastly Hashirama, a dead Hokage Sasuke has known for about 30 minutes told him their worldviews and little naive Sasuke followed suit and acted accordingly. That kid's crazy as could be seen during the Kage arc. And such a person wants to lead and change a village? Yeah, sure, my ass.
Right now the only one who could be Hokage is Kakashi since he seems to be the only person still capable of thinking logically. The other candidates are either a psychopathic Uchiha or a lovesick Uzumaki (who's sadly got the hots for the Uchiha). Or Shikamaru; forgot about that genius for a second. He would make for a good village leader too.
RachmaninowMay 22, 2013 10:12 AM
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 22, 2013 10:08 AM

Dec 2009
Uchihafan25 said:
Quite possibly..............THE GREATEST NARUTO CHAPTER I HAVE EVER READ!!! XD

:)
Anime Tops, Anime Reviews, Manga Reviews, Movie Reviews, Music Reviews, TV Series Reviews, Comic Books Reviews, Books Reviews, Drawings, Fan Art, Cosplay, Funny Videos
>>> http://thesquabnest.com/ <<<

My YouTube Channel
>>> https://www.youtube.com/user/squabanime <<<
May 22, 2013 10:12 AM

Apr 2009
KosmicGuy said:
I find this SHITY ..the battle at the end will be naruto vs sasuke over the title of hokage ..Sasuke HOKAGE>?? WTF :|...srs OMG ....and ya after i saw the raw ..i thought of droping Naruto but i wasted to much time on it to drop it near the end ..so ya DISAPOINTED

EDIT :
WTTTTTFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!! SHIT
Surprisingly, I'll take that random deal with Minato using Kyuubi Mode over that other random deal about...GRRR! SASUKE WANTING TO BE HOKAGE! (tries not to go insane with rage again) >_<
May 22, 2013 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
I don't know if I am more pissed at Kishi for ruining his manga, or at the fanboys for "OMG BEST MANGA CHAPTER EVER WRITEEN, Sasuke hokage XD XD" seriously how can anyone accept what Kishi has done is just beyond me..
May 22, 2013 10:20 AM
Oct 2012
Um why are people still hung up on Naruto x Hinata. Did you guys not clearly see when Hinata said that when this war is all over that she is giving up on Naruto? What I want to know is why people even want her to be paired up with Naruto. They don't match up at all, when I first saw this anime it was pretty obvious that sakura was the girl for him because the main protagonist in this anime's goal is to earn everything through hard work including the girl he likes. And once you NaruHina saw how kushina's attitude was like you should have known RIGHT AWAY that NaruHina was over. As for all the hate Sakura gets, chill on her because I've seen worst characters earn the main protagonist's love. So I'm just saying I am completely fine with the NaruSaku pairing. As for Naruto saying Sakura is his girlfriend, did you forget how much of a joking idiot Naruto is? Of course he would say something like that, after all Sakura is the girl he liked and still likes. As for my rating I give it 3/5 because of Sasuke's arrogant attitude change and the fourth's sudden mastery of the biju's power.
May 22, 2013 10:28 AM

Jan 2013
Sasuke... Hokage... Go home Kishimoto-san you are drunk...
Apr 2013
Whith sasuke back i don't think naruto will wind up with sakura. I'm really disapointed though ,cause the plot is full of holes.The sudden change of mind of sasuke the DBZ like jutsu all the friendship shit and after all the crap naruto has gone through to control the kyubi chakra minato just use it like that if he was training in the other world (DBZ again) . it's just not credible anymore.My only hope is the possible twist that Orochimaru could bring to the story.if he ever betrays konoha again.

Feb 2013
I really enjoyed the chapter, although i was taken aback by Sasuke wanting to become Hokage. I think it’s a simple way to shoe horn him into the story and have Naruto fight him in the end. I've long said that Sasuke's story is in a state of fluctuation, he is a lost character (lost because of the writing) going from one thing to the next and not settling with one goal.

I'm not upset by it, but it could have been better. Never the less, great chapter and i can’t wait for more.
May 22, 2013 10:34 AM

Jun 2009
funny chapter and the comments here are even funnier
May 22, 2013 10:48 AM

Jan 2012
Minato being able to use the kyuubi's chakra doesn't bother me. I just don't like that they gave him the same appearance as Naruto. Kinda makes Naruto look lame by comparison now (even though Naruto still has yet to combine his sage mode with the nine tail's power on purpose.)

And yes. The rest of this chapter felt rushed. While I wouldn't have cared to read it all, I still did expect to see more of a reaction to the kages. And more than just a couple pages of reaction to Sasuke.

Instead, we got:
"I'm Sasuke, I'm back and I wanna be Hokage".
Kiba: "OMG Sasuke go away!"
Sasuke "No."

Chapter ends
Team 7 is re-united just like old times.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.