Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2013 2:37 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watching the Paper Sisters move in with Nenene was hilarious.

That was really lazy of Michelle not to do any cooking. Not as great as the first episode, but I guess it sets up the relationship betwen Nenene and the Paper Sisters.
Jan 26, 2014 3:12 PM
Jun 2011
I just have to say that... I LOVE Maggie ^/////^
Mar 2, 2014 8:42 AM

Nov 2012
I love reading so this is the perfect anime for me for sure!!
May 27, 2014 8:23 AM

May 2012
Pretty peaceful and relaxing episode, some decent development though so let's see what's next!
Aug 5, 2017 5:43 AM

Jun 2016
Last episode was a cheesy but good way to introduce the characters and the premise, this was a fantastic episode for exploring our cast! I am a huge fan of how this show uses it's character animations, both cute and telling about their personalities.

I was thinking this show would be better as a pure slice of life about a writing who can't write anymore getting the inspiration to do so, and guess what this episode had no silly paper fighting shenanigans. Hoping this show stays in this vein, but I have high hopes that no matter what this show does It'll end up doing it well. R.O.D is really relaxing thus far and the cast is totally eccentric, yet completely adorable, endearing and hilarious. Looking forward to watch more, great use of two episodes already.
Aug 24, 2020 6:05 PM

Jun 2010
The three sisters are amusing counters of common anime types; Michelle seems like the nice big-sister type but she's actually a liar who tries to impose on others (albeit one who's so clumsy at it that it's obvious when she's doing it), Maggie isn't anything as imposing or dignified as her height and androgynous looks suggest, and Anita is short-tempered and foul-mouthed despite being a cute kid with pink hair.
Sep 3, 2020 10:25 PM
Dec 2019
Fronzel said:
The three sisters are amusing counters of common anime types; Michelle seems like the nice big-sister type but she's actually a liar who tries to impose on others (albeit one who's so clumsy at it that it's obvious when she's doing it), Maggie isn't anything as imposing or dignified as her height and androgynous looks suggest, and Anita is short-tempered and foul-mouthed despite being a cute kid with pink hair.

Yes, very refreshing indeed. They're quite entertaining to watch. I was disappointed Yomiko wasn't the protagonist but these girls are great too.
Apr 11, 2021 7:19 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was hilarious!

Also, I knew that Michelle Cheung looked familiar, especially when I saw her in the chinadress:

It's because I own a gashapon figure of her!

Jun 19, 2022 9:25 AM

Jan 2020
Why did Michelle buy one of those branch cutters if they are in a foreign country? It's not like they have access to a yard with a lot of overgrown trees... she was so excited about her purchase but why not spend that money on books? Why this pole? What is happening? @_@

The sisters are actually a bit annoying. Passing the buck, stealing credit, and destroying stuff, I'd kick them out of my apartment too. I feel like they didn't need to be rewarded by being invited back.

Though I'm starting to dislike the sisters, the series is still pretty entertaining.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 9, 2022 2:11 AM
Jul 2020
Really enjoying the bond of paper trio and their unique personalities being explored and enjoyed each meant of this episode. Definitely still miss Yomiko, though, and every time I see her picture on Nene's desk it saddens my soul to its back cover. Loved to see the show take it slow and allow the characters to ferment and develop naturally without resorting to an unnecessary action sequence. Although, I do hope we get to see plenty of paper magic in the subsequent episodes to makeup for all the exposition.

P.S. Also, it was cool to see the show keep dropping breadcrumbs for the OVA fans and showing Joker at the end of the episode was a very nice surprise. Hope to see Drake, Wendy and maybe even Nancy, too.
Jan 31, 2023 6:27 AM
Sep 2018
still so awesome, some of the best characterization I've ever seen
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Jan 2017
Really solid follow up to the last episode, it feels nice to get to know these girls better, they are all great in their own way.

This series makes me want to read more books lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » R.O.D the TV Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2012

13 by hitoki27 »»
Jan 31, 8:37 PM

Poll: » R.O.D. TV Episode 26 Discussion

PKAmmoTroop - Jan 17, 2009

33 by nhkam »»
Jan 9, 2:04 PM

Poll: » R.O.D the TV Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2012

10 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:27 PM

Poll: » R.O.D the TV Episode 9 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 24, 2010

12 by oceanmachine »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:09 PM

Poll: » R.O.D the TV Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2012

10 by Eziprez »»
Apr 8, 2023 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.