Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
May 5, 2013 11:27 PM

Dec 2011
Eren got trolled fabulously, titan for MVP.
I understand how they may not have made much development after the century of peace, but I was expecting them to have made some major progress after these 3 years. To lose so suddenly and easily despite all their conviction must be disheartening, ohoho.
Well, I commend the city for not being as disorganized as last time, and I suppose given that they only found out about the titan's body structure recently they didn't have enough time to prepare anything major, but all they ended up doing this time was making the titan's food slightly more difficult to catch.
May 5, 2013 11:33 PM

May 2008
HOLY SHIT!!!!

That was one of the most shocking episodes I've seen in an Anime in a long time.

DAMN IT I WANT TO KNOW HAPPENS NEXT!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!
May 5, 2013 11:33 PM
Mar 2009
Hey Armin, stop being a bitch and attach the goddamn tubes.

Wait...they two gaps between the gate and the city? Why didn't they...break the bridge then...

WOW EREN. "Quit following your selfish ideas!" NICE, WAY TO FUCKING GO. Holy shit, that was the densest thing I've ever heard. You're the only family she has left, so of course Mikasa wants to look over you. Herp-derp Eren.

Fuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk. I had hoped Armin would have died. The guy has shown, time and time again, that he is as useful as a bloody boulder. And Eren lost an arm, a leg, and is possibly dead? Lawl.

Geezus, so many people are dead already? We didn't even get to learn about them...
And I was hoping to see them down at least one Titan. Damn, these Titans are ridiculous.

Next episode is about Mikasa's past? I wonder how they plan to wrap up all this action for that kind of downtime.
May 5, 2013 11:38 PM

May 2013
wonder if armin is gonna get eaten too by EPIC beard titan seeing as how he is just standing there in shock 0.o
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
May 5, 2013 11:39 PM

Mar 2010
ChronosXIII said:

WOW EREN. "Quit following your selfish ideas!" NICE, WAY TO FUCKING GO. Holy shit, that was the densest thing I've ever heard. You're the only family she has left, so of course Mikasa wants to look over you. Herp-derp Eren.

Except he said nothing wrong to her. I'm guessing your watching GG's sub that mistranslated that scene. Commie's the more accurate version.

And give Armin a break, he wasn't the only one scared.
Iron_MawMay 6, 2013 12:02 AM
May 5, 2013 11:41 PM
Dec 2010
what did he actually say, I'm watching GGs sub as well?

I wanted Armin to die as well, but for different reasons.
May 5, 2013 11:51 PM

May 2010
bastek66 said:
Poor Misa

That Titan is kinda bit funny for me lol
May 5, 2013 11:52 PM

May 2010
What an insane episode.

Honestly, the silly expressions the titans wear make them a lot creepier than not. Combined with their obvious malevolence, it makes for a pretty disturbing effect
May 5, 2013 11:56 PM

Mar 2010
Fasces349 said:
what did he actually say, I'm watching GGs sub as well?

I wanted Armin to die as well, but for different reasons.

He just basically told her to pull herself together and that mankind is on the brink of extinction here. She can't just follow her own priorities anymore (i.e disobeying orders and such). Basically he's saying pretty sensible stuff and reassures Mikasa he'll survive.

You can see the full conversation here at the 12:27 mark:
http://www.goodanime.net/shingeki-no-kyojin-episode-5
Iron_MawMay 6, 2013 12:01 AM
May 5, 2013 11:58 PM

Mar 2013
BloggBigg,
1. They, unfortunately, don't have enough resources for virtually anything that you came up with. Also, there is no way in hell that they could actually build a moat on the outside. The inside, on the other hand, is more likely, though still improbable...for spoiler reasons [please just trust me on this one].
2. Yes, their swords are better than grenades [or "bombs," whatever], as the swords are folded back in on themselves numerous times in order to achieve the density to actually be able to pierce Titan flesh, whereas shrapnel would do absolutely nothing.
3. The soldiers' training only increases their likely-hood of survival, it doesn't guarantee it. Especially in regards to new recruits.
4. As Dankickyou said, their biology is impossible anyways, so I doubt that poison would work.
5. The big guy doesn't just "teleport in" because he's a Jehovah's Witness and you have to invite them in first. Also spoilers.
6. That would have to be some ballistae to actually have any measurable effect on them. If they made an incredibly large one, like you said, then how would they reload it, and if they could, then wouldn't it take an inordinate amount of time? Also, traps wouldn't do anything, they'd just lose the foot [albeit for a short period of time] and keep going. Sadly, both would be a grievous waste of resources that aren't even there.

At any rate, Dankickyou, do you think you could've answered him in...a less cunty way? Like for real, he obviously cares enough about the show to question it, are you seriously going to get angry at something like that?
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
May 6, 2013 12:03 AM

Nov 2007
so they have super regeneration.

huge as hell.

TELEPORTATION? REALLY?

and what everyone dies?

ugh. don't see how any of them live past this one.
May 6, 2013 12:06 AM

Nov 2011
Pusswookie said:
B

At any rate, Dankickyou, do you think you could've answered him in...a less cunty way

No, I call everyone retards and dumb asses.
The Art of Eight
May 6, 2013 12:17 AM

Apr 2013

So cute looking?
May 6, 2013 12:25 AM

May 2013
FlamingYu said:

So cute looking?

It's them eyes XD
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
May 6, 2013 12:33 AM

Apr 2010
FlamingYu said:

So cute looking?

Faptastic.
May 6, 2013 12:37 AM
Feb 2009
So...Eren gets pooped out and we have him Darth Vader his way to ep. 25?
May 6, 2013 12:55 AM

Oct 2012
Why are you guys asking all these questions about "what if this" "what if that" when there is only 5 episodes? Biggblogg, lemme just tell you a lot of Dankickyou's answers will make more sense as the series progresses. Right now, you're making insensible arguements based on very little evidence, and comparing it to real life, as if it should directly reflect it. This is fiction. From my perspective, there is an answer starring right at you in the face, or there will be an answer starring you in the face as the series progresses.
May 6, 2013 12:56 AM

Aug 2009
Go dankickyou Go Go
@Pusswookie
I believe that is the right way to deal with people that can bother and waste time on bringing up stupid problems that the series doesnt have but cant waste a minute to answer them by themselves.Aka those that just want to complain about something.

ChronosXIII said:
Hey Armin, stop being a bitch and attach the goddamn tubes.

Wait...they two gaps between the gate and the city? Why didn't they...break the bridge then...

Fuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk. I had hoped Armin would have died. The guy has shown, time and time again, that he is as useful as a bloody boulder. And Eren lost an arm, a leg, and is possibly dead? Lawl.

Geezus, so many people are dead already? We didn't even get to learn about them...
And I was hoping to see them down at least one Titan. Damn, these Titans are ridiculous.

Next episode is about Mikasa's past? I wonder how they plan to wrap up all this action for that kind of downtime.
This is the most retarded post of this thread.

Also to non manga readers:The lighting was added from the studio to make it cooler/more awesome,it wasnt in the manga.Manga readers know where the lighting come from even if it wasnt in the original.
May 6, 2013 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
That was a badass way to (die)....
Wow, it is really amazing that the number of users who already favorited SnK close to 1000
Next episode, maybe we'll gonna see why so many people love Mikasa?
TriZenMay 6, 2013 1:12 AM
May 6, 2013 1:00 AM

Jan 2011
This forum has become psychological warfare
May 6, 2013 1:08 AM
Mar 2012
That titan had a nice beard I must say
May 6, 2013 1:40 AM

Jun 2009
Cedronia said:
That was a badass way to (die)....
Wow, it is really amazing that the number of users who already favorited SnK close to 1000
Next episode, maybe we'll gonna see why so many people love Mikasa?

Hah you'll have the whole anime to see why so many people love her XD

So after 5 episodes I must say that I prefer the manga more...
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 6, 2013 2:05 AM
Sep 2012
Original endings aren't bad, the original FMA dominates Brotherhood in every way, and guess what? Origina ending :)
May 6, 2013 2:25 AM

Jun 2012
holy crap that was brutal, having not read the managa i cant see eren coming back from having his leg and arm crewed off and swallowed, dammmmmm thats a bad day at the office....
May 6, 2013 2:29 AM

Apr 2010
HurricaneSweet said:
Original endings aren't bad, the original FMA dominates Brotherhood in every way, and guess what? Origina ending :)

troll/10
May 6, 2013 2:33 AM
Aug 2012
Goddamn n00b Eren.
May 6, 2013 2:46 AM

Apr 2009
HurricaneSweet said:

Am I being tricked?
May 6, 2013 2:48 AM

Mar 2009
nice Eren...
0 Kill 1 Death 0 Assist
May 6, 2013 2:59 AM
Aug 2012
Well, he would have killed the big one if it didn't vanish.
May 6, 2013 3:15 AM

Sep 2010
Holy goats, that was a painful episode to watch. I love Eren so much, even if he's dense and mean to Mikasa. <3
May 6, 2013 3:39 AM

Jan 2011
Eren just lost some of his limbs, how is he supposed to fight? I'm not that this isn't the end of his career...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 6, 2013 3:47 AM

Apr 2008
HurricaneSweet said:

Wipe that shit from your mouth sonny before you catch a disease that makes you even more retarded.
May 6, 2013 3:58 AM

Sep 2012
love this episode
i guess the next episode will be the flashback of mikasa when she first meet eren

so many spoiler troll in facebook good thing i read it before this episode release

well, gonna contiunue reading it...

xD
May 6, 2013 4:26 AM
Mar 2013
I've always hated lower class nobles (eg, a regular noble, baron, count, earl, sometimes even princesses, princes) cuz they tend to be cocky ass gits who don't give two shits about commoners, yes I'm talking about that fat cunt from episode 5. He thinks he's safe from all the titans and everything, he looks down upon titans as dumbass creatures that can't impregnate their fort, not only that, he couldn't even care about people fighting for their own lives, or any non noble human.
May 6, 2013 4:46 AM

Aug 2009
SwiftKilla said:
I've always hated lower class nobles (eg, a regular noble, baron, count, earl, sometimes even princesses, princes) cuz they tend to be cocky ass gits who don't give two shits about commoners, yes I'm talking about that fat cunt from episode 5. He thinks he's safe from all the titans and everything, he looks down upon titans as dumbass creatures that can't impregnate their fort, not only that, he couldn't even care about people fighting for their own lives, or any non noble human.
Wait till you see the merchant in the next ep..unless Mikasa's back story takes the whole ep.
May 6, 2013 4:48 AM

Aug 2012
Rest in pieces Eren.
May 6, 2013 4:53 AM
May 2013
hanazara said:
I bet maybe it'll end with Eren awakes from a tragic dream? just guessing.

That would be huge troll
May 6, 2013 4:55 AM

Aug 2012
My guess is he gets fake arms and legs :D, or something to do with that dream about his dad doing something to him, no idea haha.
May 6, 2013 4:59 AM

May 2010
Hopefully we didnt see any ''Thank you for watching'' message so the show continues .... but how ???
I suppose Eren didn't die....but again .... how ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2013 5:06 AM
Apr 2013
Oatison said:
This was so shocking. It's been a while since i've watched an anime that was able to surprise me. Truly this show is a breath of fresh air I mean.. the author totally threw the shounen tropes out the window.
It's a shame after watching this episode I already had everything that happens spoiled for me. Fuck. Might as well read the manga then.

I strongly recommend you to read the manga first. Or, you can just find a place out of this world so that you can get rid of any spoiler.
May 6, 2013 5:09 AM
Feb 2008
can't wait to see Mikasa in action next week
May 6, 2013 5:41 AM

Nov 2011
Why you do this to me SnK ._.
May 6, 2013 6:04 AM

Sep 2008
LiLSatan said:
nice Eren...
0 Kill 1 Death 0 Assist

Somebody played too much DotA.
:-D
May 6, 2013 6:37 AM

Jun 2008
this anime scares me
May 6, 2013 6:41 AM

Jan 2009
I am scared to open my curtains expecting to see a giant otaku titan face with a emotionless smile.
May 6, 2013 6:48 AM

Mar 2009
Eternia said:
LiLSatan said:
nice Eren...
0 Kill 1 Death 0 Assist

Somebody played too much DotA.
:-D

nah.. i play League of Legends :D
May 6, 2013 6:59 AM
Dec 2010
HurricaneSweet said:

THANK YOU! I only know two other people who agree with me that Brotherhood and the Manga pale in comparison to the awesomeness of the original anime. Most people seem to like Brotherhood better :(
May 6, 2013 7:01 AM

Apr 2008
Fasces349 said:
HurricaneSweet said:

THANK YOU! I only know two other people who agree with me that Brotherhood and the Manga pale in comparison to the awesomeness of the original anime. Most people seem to like Brotherhood better :(

I like both but Brotherhood trumps it in every way
May 6, 2013 7:03 AM

Mar 2013
Todays episode was a bit of dissapointment, Eeren did NOTHING, but can't wait next episode to see Mikasa in action :D

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler.
LunaMay 6, 2013 8:35 AM
May 6, 2013 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
lnvaderZmustDIE said:
Todays episode was a bit of dissapointment, Eeren did NOTHING, but can't wait next episode to see Mikasa in action :D

Immediately took action and almost killed the Colossal one with amazing for a rookie maneuvers(using the Titan's body for the wires) and saved Armin from a Titan's mouth/neck.This surely amounts to nothing.

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler from quote.
LunaMay 6, 2013 8:35 AM
Pages (31) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1653 by Rishab_WasHere »»
May 12, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.