Forums

Most physically painful experience you've gone through, pt. 2

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 2, 2013 9:26 PM

Jan 2012
windy said:
Wicked_Glory said:
On the topic of headaches, a close friend of mine who is 24 and has a kid just got diagnosed with cluster headaches. Apparently they've been going on for about a week, and she's told me several times that she'd rather go through child birth again than have another week of cluster headaches. Ouch.
Holy shit, that has got to be one of the worst things in the world. I hope they go away soon.

I'd imagine so. After she told me that, I did some research on it, and some medical experts believe it's the worst pain a human can endure/experience. It's been described as being akin to, "a red hot poker inserted into the eye", among other things.
Lemme smang it girl.
May 2, 2013 9:27 PM

Dec 2012
Just voices? Man, I've encountered grotesque-rotting heads with long, thick, black hair, a japanese woman in a kimono, shadows, and whispering in my ear just to name a few experiences when I was under sleep paralysis.
May 2, 2013 9:28 PM

Apr 2008

This thread calls for Billy Connolly
May 2, 2013 9:33 PM

Apr 2013
When i was forged in the fires of hate and malice i would describe that as pain.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
May 2, 2013 9:37 PM

Feb 2013
Cigarette said:
Ntad said:
apatch3 said:
I get sleep paralysis sometimes, it's unpleasant but it isn't painful in a physical sense, you just get really anxious "I'm conscious but I can't move my body"

I almost want to experience this now.
I wouldn't, unless you consider yourself to be a strong minded person and impervious to hallucinations/paranoia in general. A lot of stories that revolve around sleep paralysis almost always, have to do with seeing shadows, scary figures, etc. I've encountered them myself, but I shrug it off. The mind runs rampant because as apatch said, you feel anxious because it's all "hey, what the fuck, I'm awake but I can't move." Eyes can be closed or open as well, it's pretty trippy

Eh, I came to terms with my fears, particularly my own mortality, a long time ago.

I guess you're telling me it is usually caused by disorders of the mind? I was just curious about the physical feeling. Usually when I wake up with circulation cut-off from my limbs, it's more of an irritating feeling. I'm wondering if this would top that.
May 2, 2013 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
Ntad said:

Eh, I came to terms with my fears, particularly my own mortality, a long time ago.

I guess you're telling me it is usually caused by disorders of the mind? I was just curious about the physical feeling. Usually when I wake up with circulation cut-off from my limbs, it's more of an irritating feeling. I'm wondering if this would top that.
I wasn't speaking about present fears, or fears at all in a general. Just saying that more than likely, if you're to come under sleep paralysis, be ready to experience shit like that. A lot of people I know that have, have trouble sleeping thereon, or don't want to sleep at all because of these experiences. And I wouldn't go so far as to labeling them disorders of the mind. Physically, it's as simple as we stated it before: you just can't move, but you're fully conscious.
May 2, 2013 9:46 PM

Feb 2013
Cigarette said:
Ntad said:

I wasn't speaking about present fears, or fears at all in a general. Just saying that more than likely, if you're to come under sleep paralysis, be ready to experience shit like that. A lot of people I know that have, have trouble sleeping thereon, or don't want to sleep at all because of these experiences. And I wouldn't go so far as to labeling them disorders of the mind. Physically, it's as simple as we stated it before: you just can't move, but you're fully conscious.

Not what I meant. I think I read you backwards. I thought you were saying that people who hallucinate and such are likely to experience it, but you're actually saying that IT is what causes them to happen, right?
May 2, 2013 9:49 PM

Dec 2012
Ntad said:
Cigarette said:
Ntad said:

Not what I meant. I think I read you backwards. I thought you were saying that people who hallucinate and such are likely to experience it, but you're actually saying that IT is what causes them to happen, right?
Yeah, there we go. lol
May 2, 2013 9:51 PM

Feb 2013
Cigarette said:
Ntad said:
Cigarette said:
Ntad said:

Yeah, there we go. lol

Now I REALLY want to experience it :D
May 2, 2013 9:53 PM

Dec 2012
Ntad said:

Well no ones stopping you. Not sure if there's any methods to try and induce yourself to sleep paralysis, but you can try. If you wanna talk encounters, it's always been random with me.
May 2, 2013 9:55 PM

Apr 2008
I can't imagine how you'd induce it, it just happens randomly, once or twice a year.
May 2, 2013 10:37 PM

Dec 2011
Well I've had chronic nerve pain in my hands, forearms, and back of the neck every single day for 4 years now + chronic migraines. If given the choice I'd spend a year in hell being tortured if I could come back and live 30 years without pain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2013 10:37 PM

Feb 2013
Circumcision
May 2, 2013 10:44 PM

Apr 2012
appendix ruptured when i was in the 3rd grade. Felt like someone shanked me. After the surgery it was painful to even move. I had to go through physical therapy to walk again because I was bed ridden for a few weeks fighting an infection.

May 2, 2013 10:50 PM

Aug 2011
Ntad said:

Attract some kind of demon or something if you want to be tormented when you're going to bed. If you're lucky, it'll have fun with you during the day, too. Believe me, it is such a fun experience. :DD

May 2, 2013 11:03 PM

Jan 2012
I actually experience sleep paralysis also once a month or so. The only time I was scared as shit was the first time because I fully hallucinated a shadow figure. But I have gotten used to it, once it hits I am usually mentally prepared and thus haven't experienced anything too drastic after the first experience. I really hate that it happens though, I wish I knew why. It usually happens just as I am about to go to sleep, then I wake up 10~20 mins later and it fucks up my sleep schedule.
May 2, 2013 11:36 PM

Apr 2011
tsudecimo said:
When I got circumcised at the age of 10 with no anesthesia it was done in a very horrific way ( My father and my uncle were holding me down by my arms and legs while the doctor (I don't even remember if he was a real doctor ._. ) started doing it needless to say I screamed and cried like a bitch.

Why did you have to remind me TT_TT?

Most painful after that would be when I sprained (or was it dislocated) my wrist. I was playing as the goalkeeper and the tournament was two days away. Since then, I've never been able to play as a GK properly. I couldn't move my thumb, or any of my fingers on that point. Funny thing though, I've never broken any of my bones (well, unless you count my fingers, which I broke three last year).

I would've probably said the time when I bust open my head, but I can't remember that. I was a little kid, a toddler, when it happened. The only way I know it happened are from the pictures and from a scar on my forehead.
May 3, 2013 1:43 AM

Mar 2013
tsudecimo said:
When I got circumcised at the age of 10 with no anesthesia it was done in a very horrific way ( My father and my uncle were holding me down by my arms and legs while the doctor (I don't even remember if he was a real doctor ._. ) started doing it needless to say I screamed and cried like a bitch.

I'm... certain that that is highly illegal... Jesus, dude...

But for me, there is one time I can't remember but would have been the worst. I was born with club foot or whatever the fuck it's called, but basically I had to get a major operation (when I was like 1) on my leg from the knee down to fix it. Following that I was stuck with a series of plaster castes. One of them didn't exactly go... right, and severely pinched the skin of my ankle. I couldn't talk, and for some reason nobody thought to check the caste, so I was apparently in pain from that for a few months. There is still a colossal scar just from the pinching.

That I can remember, though, I haven't been hurt too much. I did slam my back into a large pole side on once while horsing around which causes me some muscle problems in my back for a while. Sitting down/standing up literally brought tears to my eyes it hurt so much.
May 3, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2008
Scrodulus said:
tsudecimo said:

I'm... certain that that is highly illegal... Jesus, dude...

But for me, there is one time I can't remember but would have been the worst. I was born with club foot or whatever the fuck it's called, but basically I had to get a major operation (when I was like 1) on my leg from the knee down to fix it. Following that I was stuck with a series of plaster castes. One of them didn't exactly go... right, and severely pinched the skin of my ankle. I couldn't talk, and for some reason nobody thought to check the caste, so I was apparently in pain from that for a few months. There is still a colossal scar just from the pinching.

That I can remember, though, I haven't been hurt too much. I did slam my back into a large pole side on once while horsing around which causes me some muscle problems in my back for a while. Sitting down/standing up literally brought tears to my eyes it hurt so much.

Good..Fucking...Lord
May 3, 2013 4:55 AM

Dec 2012
I jumped off a height of around ~10m to look cool infront of my mates and landed on my feet, horrible experience for my feet :|
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

May 3, 2013 4:57 AM

Nov 2012
When I was eight years old, I was swinging on my chair in class, as all kids do. Teachers always tell you not to, and I learned the hard way.

I tipped my chair back too far, instinctively put my right hand back to support myself and absolutely fucked my arm up.

As the pressure shot up my arm, I broke my thumb, my wrist and completely shattered my elbow. The bone between my elbow and wrist snapped in half, breaking the skin and sticking out about half a centimeter.

I went into total shock. I didn't really feel anything for hours afterwards. I was taken to hospital, but had to sit in the waiting room for four hours before they'd operate on me. I don't remember why. Perhaps someone was dying at the time, or something.

May 3, 2013 5:15 AM
Jul 2018
Man cold
May 3, 2013 5:18 AM

Apr 2013
At the gym doing 30kg dumbbell presses, finish my set drop my weight, some how my finger was under the weight and between the ground, crushed my finger no broken bones but finger tore open, didn't feel it but blood everywhere.
May 3, 2013 9:13 AM

Mar 2013
apatch3 said:

Good..Fucking...Lord

To be honest it doesn't seem too bad compared to some of the things in this thread. Good thing I can't remember it.
May 3, 2013 9:21 AM

May 2013
Watching Aku no hana's animation has become physically painful. Just thinking about it makes me nauseous.
May 3, 2013 9:42 AM

Jul 2012
i had my stomach chopped open and was in so much pain i was hallucinating. i was so fucked up i didn't even think to ask for more pain meds, which i'm sure they would have given me. derrr....
May 3, 2013 9:57 AM

Feb 2013
In August last year, I had a car accident which I came ejected from the car. When I awoke, I was on the floor, I tried to move but my body it didn't respond, and the pain I felt at that moment, I can assure you it was the most terrible of all my life. So much pain that I finally fainted. Thanks to life, now I can say that it was just an horrible experience.
Also when I fell down the stairs, hit my head and started bleeding from the mouth.

May 3, 2013 10:01 AM

Dec 2011
Aftermath of wisdom teeth removal.
May 3, 2013 10:13 AM
May 2013
During a school trip, I was on my way to the bathroom and fell on the stairs. I twisted my ankle and man, it was painful. :<
May 3, 2013 10:28 AM

Feb 2012
yhunata said:
I would've probably said the time when I bust open my head, but I can't remember that. I was a little kid, a toddler, when it happened. The only way I know it happened are from the pictures and from a scar on my forehead.
Ya my brother threw a pot lid at my head when I was a toddler. I used to have a visible scar, but I think it's too faded to see now.
May 3, 2013 10:36 AM

Oct 2009
getting beat by a group of black guys
May 3, 2013 11:02 AM

Mar 2013
RandomChampion said:
getting beat by a group of black guys

Colour me shocked.
May 3, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
Falling through a 10 meters high roof, the next day I could barely walk straight.
May 3, 2013 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
SlothNamakemono said:
Falling through a 10 meters high roof, the next day I could barely walk straight.

May 3, 2013 1:47 PM

Apr 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Either the time that a sinus infection put pressure onto one of my impacted wisdom teeth or the gas chamber. Although the gas chamber was also kinda fun. So fun, in fact, I went through a second time.

Ya it sure is, so much fun that I myself did it three times and had to drag this one poor bastard around the chamber with me. Other than that I say it had to have been the time I had my arm pulled out of the socket. The healing process for that was fun had four huge pins sticking out of my shoulder to hold my arm in place.
May 3, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
Getting nailed in the nuts with a line drive. Couldn't even walk for more than a week
May 3, 2013 10:36 PM

Oct 2012
Gym accident. Someone left seriously heavy weights at the squat rack. Some kid tried to put the weights away and he was actually stupid enough to take out all the weights of just one side first.... that thing flew up in the air and hit me on my back while I was doing a deadlift. I felt down, my chest his the deadlift barbell while the other one cut my back. Holy fuck, that was painful.

Not sure what was more painful though, that or the kid asking me If I was okay instead of getting someone to help me. If a big bleeding wound on my back wasn't a sign that I wasn't okay then I don't know what is.
May 4, 2013 12:29 AM

Apr 2013
Fell backwards onto the ground. There was a screw sticking out of the ground and it went into the back of my head. Needed a bunch of stitches :(.
May 4, 2013 12:37 AM

Oct 2012
In grade 6, I was told to get braces when i'm around 19, then get jaw surgery and then braces again. I got pretty pissed off.

May 4, 2013 3:08 AM

Jan 2012
Almost cut my thumb completely off working at a butcher, although I had 6 weeks off with pay so it was all good :p
May 4, 2013 9:15 PM

Feb 2013
baseball3b said:
Getting nailed in the nuts with a line drive. Couldn't even walk for more than a week

Actually, this reminded me of a time in high school when we were playing softball (I hate that word 'soft' being used to describe something hard) and I jumped just a little too early to catch a fly ball and it went under my glove and into my left eye socket. Didn't knock me out, but I didn't get up for a good couple of minutes.

So add that to my list.
May 4, 2013 9:19 PM

Jan 2012
i already posted this story once but one time i had a hemorrhoid on my ass but i thought it was a pimple so i popped it by slamming my ass down on hard concrete, the blood and pus seeped through my pants and i cried alot
May 4, 2013 11:00 PM

Oct 2009
Babby-Princess said:
i already posted this story once but one time i had a hemorrhoid on my ass but i thought it was a pimple so i popped it by slamming my ass down on hard concrete, the blood and pus seeped through my pants and i cried alot

the fuck man

that made my butthole pucker up
May 4, 2013 11:40 PM

Jan 2012
RandomChampion said:
the fuck man

that made my butthole pucker up

one point for me
May 4, 2013 11:45 PM

Apr 2013
Babby-Princess said:

one point for me

please make a new thread and answer questions about this experience
kontato is beetiflu
May 5, 2013 1:07 AM

Apr 2008
I just remembered my first root canal last year....pretty damn painful...in fact in purely physical terms I've probably never experienced more pain than that, it was just so awful, even with the anesthetic, it was like the drill was going straight into my brain.
May 5, 2013 2:04 AM

Mar 2013
SlothNamakemono said:

You fell on a dick or what ?
May 5, 2013 3:21 AM

Jun 2012
Reading this thread makes me realise i am very lucky xD Though there was this one time i ran down the stairs and jumped off the 3rd step or so and landed with my foot on it's side, that hurt my ankle a lot took me a day or 2 to be able to walk without limping xD nothing too extreme though :P
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
May 5, 2013 3:26 AM
May 2012
Yearly experiences of the stomach flu. Haven't had one for 5 years :3 those things were a killer... Stomach pain was immense and could last over 10 hours, and that came with multiple cases of throwing up.
May 5, 2013 3:50 AM

Mar 2013
Chusaki said:
Yearly experiences of the stomach flu. Haven't had one for 5 years :3 those things were a killer... Stomach pain was immense and could last over 10 hours, and that came with multiple cases of throwing up.

Reminds me of my chronic stomach pains I used to get. There were times I couldn't walk at all for the pain, but then it just kind of... went away on it' own.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 5 hours ago

10 by cody »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

30 by pludel2 »»
11 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

68 by Dracowyn »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

36 by cody »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

28 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.