Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2010
Wow those chimera ants are rlly creepy, this is getting exciting can't wait for next week !
Apr 28, 2013 7:25 AM
Oct 2011
Killua1102 said:
I want a Chimera Ant as a pet...
How about this one?
Apr 28, 2013 7:28 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was disturbing.. I mean is that purple haired girl with the hat actually a boy? I just don't...
Oh yeah, and those kids getting eaten was pretty creepy too.
Apr 28, 2013 7:29 AM

May 2012
Bigbuffoon said:
Eating kids? In my morning show!? NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!

They have to consider moving this anime to an evening slot.

paper-dreams said:
Togashi's naming sense forever eludes me.
Stick Dinner is still better than motherf***ing Wdwune

Yeah the same morning show that show Uvogin taking a bit out of someone's face and spitting a piece of the skull back.
Apr 28, 2013 7:41 AM
Feb 2010
bad episode because it did what we criticize of the 1999 version, right? #MHruinsCAA

/sacasm
Apr 28, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2008
Ok episode, obviously I know this is in the buildup stage. I'm happy they fixed the art though, it was pain in the ass to read this story, it was so badly drawn. Hopefully they will remove or change other questionable chapters later on, especially the voicebubble chapter.
Apr 28, 2013 7:48 AM
Sep 2012

Wow his real art is very good, really gives the characters the feels they deserve, better than the other WSJ. I mean look at the ant.

In the anime she looks like she's made of Adidas fabric lol (that last shot from episode 76)

Amazing episode, that Phagogenesis was a really cool explanation for the being of Chimera Ants, wish more anime actually did that isntead of just throwing new stuff in our faces.
Apr 28, 2013 7:49 AM
Dec 2010
So dark ;;
Apr 28, 2013 8:06 AM

Jul 2010
HurricaneSweet said:
Wow his real art is very good
No. Just no. The left panel is his usual drawing... so no.

Amazing episode, that Phagogenesis was a really cool explanation for the being of Chimera Ants, wish more anime actually did that instead of just throwing new stuff in our faces.
Phagogenesis is a made-up term though, just saying. It's still cool though.

And I hope Pokkle
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Apr 28, 2013 8:09 AM
Feb 2012
GinkgoTree said:
bad episode because it did what we criticize of the 1999 version, right? #MHruinsCAA

/sacasm

To be quite honest I'm hoping this episode is the last to make significant changes
to the chapter. At least I hope they don't make it into a habit. Hopefully next week theye just stick to the manga. Adding filler is fine so a long as it fits in with the story and the characters and they don't skip stuff just to add filler. That's really annoying.
Apr 28, 2013 8:16 AM
Feb 2012
Bigbuffoon said:
HurricaneSweet said:
Wow his real art is very good
No. Just no. The left panel is his usual drawing... so no.

]

No it's not. Togashi's art style is usually more like the right side.
The left side is Togashi on a bad day (or year). In all likelihood
he was probably ill when he drew the pages but was trying to
meet his deadline.

Togashi obviously has the ability to draw well and to do
so on a consistent basis so to say his bad drawings
are his usual drawings is a bit dishonest.
It be like if Shaq got injured and had a bad season
and people said that's how Shaq usually plays.
Apr 28, 2013 8:27 AM

Aug 2012
I really liked this episode
Keep it up Madhouse :)
Apr 28, 2013 9:12 AM

Jun 2008
Poor kids got devoured
DizzeeApr 28, 2013 9:16 AM
Apr 28, 2013 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
Dizzee said:
Poor kids got devoured

Why did I laugh after reading this xD
Apr 28, 2013 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
yea..... the kids probably should have just ran. Although i was initially thinking that kurt would throw his sister at it and just run.
Apr 28, 2013 9:44 AM

Feb 2013
AnimaRO64 said:
yea..... the kids probably should have just ran. Although i was initially thinking that kurt would throw his sister at it and just run.

kids that small probably aren't too fast
Apr 28, 2013 9:46 AM

Apr 2013
gedata said:
AnimaRO64 said:

He's gotta be faster than a giant crab though
Apr 28, 2013 9:47 AM

Jul 2011
I doubt the kids were even thinking...

Ohh, can't wait to see this animated. :3
Apr 28, 2013 9:51 AM

Feb 2013
Killua1102 said:
gedata said:
AnimaRO64 said:

not if it starts walking sideways...
Apr 28, 2013 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
This episode made me cringe. So badly.

I /felt/ that, dear god.

Looking forward to seeing this arc pick up. I've been waiting years for this, so I'm really excited.
>.>
Apr 28, 2013 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
gedata said:
Killua1102 said:
gedata said:
AnimaRO64 said:

Oh shit...
Apr 28, 2013 9:59 AM

Apr 2013
Killua1102 said:
gedata said:
Killua1102 said:
gedata said:
AnimaRO64 said:

Oh shit...

Well, we're screwed. All she needs to do is birth a thousand crab-people.
>.>
Apr 28, 2013 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
Crab ants ftw
Apr 28, 2013 10:06 AM

Apr 2013
Crabmera Ants.

Everyone flee!
>.>
Apr 28, 2013 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
MissoPan said:
Crabmera Ants.

Everyone flee!

Well as long as there are some really large pots of boiling water and some butter I'm all for it :P
Apr 28, 2013 10:13 AM

Mar 2013
some people need not to take this show seriously
really
Apr 28, 2013 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
Killua1102 said:

Well as long as there are some really large pots of boiling water and some butter I'm all for it :P

Dude, that's actually really clever. We need someone to have a "boiling pot" nen ability .

Honestly, we can just eat the ants and solve world hunger since they incorporate so many tasty genes into themselves.

If we were to eat, say, Ant!Kurt would that be cannibalism? ono;
>.>
Apr 28, 2013 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
MissoPan said:
Killua1102 said:

Dude, that's actually really clever. We need someone to have a "boiling pot" nen ability .

Honestly, we can just eat the ants and solve world hunger since they incorporate so many tasty genes into themselves.

If we were to eat, say, Ant!Kurt would that be cannibalism? ono;

Haha yes. I bet just one of them guys can feed a whole village xD

Hmm.. interesting question for the last part. I would say no because it is a different species/no longer human. Still though, Ant-Kurt didn't look too tasty anyways lmao
Apr 28, 2013 10:22 AM

Apr 2013
Why didn't we think of that back when we could have nipped this in the bud? Man...

Lol yeah. Looked a little too crunchy for my tastes. :u

lightline said:
some people need not to take this show seriously
really

Anime is about having fun, not fighting over things. I know Madhouse has taken a lot of liberties with things, but who cares? I'm a longtime fan of this series and I'm not angry or anything... Honestly, when I first heard about the remake a few years ago my first thought was, "WOO. ANOTHER HxH FOR ME TO LOVE. 8D" And I still feel like that. Three wonderful versions of a series I love. <3

It's disappointing to see how many people fight over which version is better or whether or not things were screwed up. ;n;
MissoPanApr 28, 2013 10:26 AM
>.>
Apr 28, 2013 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
nothin' a little hot sauce can't fix
Apr 28, 2013 10:30 AM

Apr 2013
Only if I get to pick the sauce. u.u

I know this is getting ahead of myself but gosh, actually seeing this arc being animated is like a dream come true. I've been waiting to see this for years and it's finally happening. I already can't wait for next week's episode because oh my god, this is going to get really intense.
>.>
Apr 28, 2013 10:32 AM

Apr 2011
I knew what was gonna happen from the manga, but man oh man. Madhouse really knows how to spice up an adaption, don't they? What must the mother be thinking?
Apr 28, 2013 10:39 AM

Dec 2011
Ohoho. This is getting so exciting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2013 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
MissoPan said:

I know this is getting ahead of myself but gosh, actually seeing this arc being animated is like a dream come true. I've been waiting to see this for years and it's finally happening. I already can't wait for next week's episode because oh my god, this is going to get really intense.

I first started watching HXH six years ago, so I've been waiting six years. It's hard to imagine that there are others that have been waiting even longer!
Apr 28, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
Killua1102 said:
MissoPan said:

I first started watching HXH six years ago, so I've been waiting six years. It's hard to imagine that there are others that have been waiting even longer!

Then the two of us can flail around excitedly together. <3
>.>
Apr 28, 2013 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
MissoPan said:
Killua1102 said:
MissoPan said:

You can definately count on that! My sister and I were already doing that this morning xD
Apr 28, 2013 11:26 AM

Feb 2013
MissoPan said:
Killua1102 said:
MissoPan said:

me too

hype
Apr 28, 2013 11:34 AM

Sep 2010
Watching ants animated makes me feel even more sick than reading the manga did lol. Still 5/5, it's so awesome seeing it animated. Can't wait for other characters to appear.

For manga readers:
Apr 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Aug 2011
LapK said:
After watching this episode, all Chimera Ants must die.

I watched and wondered and knew after Reina told her onii-chan, Kurt, "she wants to marry him when she grows up," there would be hell to pay. ;P
Apr 28, 2013 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
Yae-Yae said:
LapK said:

I watched and wondered and knew after Reina told her onii-chan, Kurt, "she wants to marry him when she grows up," there would be hell to pay. ;P

I knew right when they zoomed in on Kurt's mouth as he was saying "I promise to protect you forever" :P
Apr 28, 2013 11:38 AM

Apr 2013
Killua1102 said:

You can definately count on that! My sister and I were already doing that this morning xD

You should have saw me yesterday. As soon as the "8:30 Pacific" time hit I was obsessively refreshing the page hoping to see the episode. :u
>.>
Apr 28, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2011
Dame said:
Watching ants animated makes me feel even more sick than reading the manga did lol. Still 5/5, it's so awesome seeing it animated. Can't wait for other characters to appear.

For manga readers:

uh oh, spoiler there but yes, it's her.
Apr 28, 2013 11:48 AM

Aug 2011
Killua1102 said:
Yae-Yae said:
LapK said:

I knew right when they zoomed in on Kurt's mouth as he was saying "I promise to protect you forever" :P

So true...or when he smiled at her knowingly and said, "sure." I held my breath as that ugly creature stood before them and watched to see what Kurt would do. Poor kid, never had a chance to wave that stick of his.
Well, at least him and his sissie were consumed together...but will they recognize each other now that they have been reborn? Will they know their mama before they consume her or take her to the Queen to be consumed?
Gonna be interesting and creepy cool to find out! Can't wait!
Apr 28, 2013 11:50 AM

Apr 2012
Dame said:
For manga readers:

Yeah, I don't remember reading about Kurt or Reina, probably because they were at the beginning of the arc, but I do remember that happening.
Apr 28, 2013 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
A slow paced episode to introduce better the Chimera Ants, good episode, nothing special...

Poor Kuruto and reina :'(
Apr 28, 2013 12:00 PM

Jun 2010
Hahaha, protect them forever my ass.

This is what Chimera Ant arc is all about. Brutality!

Seems like it's time for Ponzu's return next week.
Apr 28, 2013 12:11 PM
Sep 2011
I'm going to be brutally honest here. 2 episodes into the Chimera Ants arc and I'm really not all that impressed. I mean there is slow pacing, and then there is abysmal pacing, and then there is One Piece pacing, and this falls somewhere between the first two. Nothing of relevance has happened yet apart from them two kids dying. Speaking of the kids; I think the writers where making fun of us, I mean the only possible way they could have made their deaths more obvious is if they put a big flag on their heads! Granted it was a dark scene, but I saw it coming from a mile away.
Well it is two episodes in so I can't complain too much, but still this is the first arc that I haven't absolutely loved from episode 1.

Oh and Jesus guys, I don't seem to be able to go anywhere in the world without reading a huge manga spoilers about a certain characters death, I was just watching the new ending song on YouTube and right there tons of people mentioned it. It is the same with the opening! No not the opening to this arc! I mean the video for the third opening (the YorkShin one) is also filled with comments about this. I mean please, have some restraint for people who haven't read the manga, if you want to discuss manga spoilers then there are places to go!
Apr 28, 2013 12:12 PM
Apr 2013
Two episodes in and we're already more disturbing than the York New arc. Must be a new record.
Apr 28, 2013 12:17 PM

Apr 2013
edl01 said:
I'm going to be brutally honest here. 2 episodes into the Chimera Ants arc and I'm really not all that impressed. I mean there is slow pacing, and then there is abysmal pacing, and then there is One Piece pacing, and this falls somewhere between the first two. Nothing of relevance has happened yet apart from them two kids dying. Speaking of the kids; I think the writers where making fun of us, I mean the only possible way they could have made their deaths more obvious is if they put a big flag on their heads! Granted it was a dark scene, but I saw it coming from a mile away.
Well it is two episodes in so I can't complain too much, but still this is the first arc that I haven't absolutely loved from episode 1.

Oh and Jesus guys, I don't seem to be able to go anywhere in the world without reading a huge manga spoilers about a certain characters death, I was just watching the new ending song on YouTube and right there tons of people mentioned it. It is the same with the opening! No not the opening to this arc! I mean the video for the third opening (the YorkShin one) is also filled with comments about this. I mean please, have some restraint for people who haven't read the manga, if you want to discuss manga spoilers then there are places to go!

While it is true that the pacing so far is pretty slow, it is definately necessary for the content of this arc.
Apr 28, 2013 12:18 PM

Jun 2011
edl01 said:

haha, if u don't want to get spoiled then don't read the comments, just watch the video.i mean, there's always some1 who wants to spoil especially in youtube. It's better here since we can use spoiler tab.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 57 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - Dec 1, 2012

133 by Nerdason »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Nov 17, 2012

124 by Nerdason »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veradux - Nov 10, 2012

85 by Nerdason »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Nov 3, 2012

121 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 53 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HybridMBL - Oct 27, 2012

152 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.