Forum Settings
Forums

Underrated/unpopular manga that people should read.

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 18, 2014 1:21 AM

May 2014
silmaril said:
zozv said:
Ningen Shikkaku
http://myanimelist.net/manga/13290/Ningen_Shikkaku

The book is better but the manga is also really good. It's very dark and takes you in a rollercoaster!
Really want to read this but I can't find the translated one.

I had the same problem so I decided to buy them. It was worth it for me.
Jan 14, 2015 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
Godchild!

My favorite manga, and I think more should have the opportunity to read it!
Time pass, people move...
Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Jan 14, 2015 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
Thread Cleaned.

Spam, simple listing and off-topic posts were removed. Make sure to explain why the entry you're including in your post deserves more attention from readers otherwise no one will have any idea if it's worth their time checking it out or not.
Jan 15, 2015 10:32 PM

Mar 2014
I don't know if battle Angel Alita is underrated since it is known by James Cameron and it also has two sequels but it would be cool if more people read it
Jan 16, 2015 8:29 AM

Apr 2013
"Sky Blue" is one i find many people do not know about. even on mal it has only like 480 or something people who have it added to their lists. :/ its an interesting action romance comedy and slice of life all jumbled into one. i like hoe it doesnt quite follow the common cliches of rom-coms or rom-coms with action. its a nice read with supernatural powers and a consistent level of comedy, which for me never gets old, so i recommend to anyone who wants something to read in those categories :D heres the mal link --> http://myanimelist.net/manga/32233/Sky_Blue
abdulhamianJan 16, 2015 8:33 AM
Jan 19, 2015 2:53 AM

Sep 2011
Jan 19, 2015 5:56 PM

Nov 2013
Kaijuu Kodomo is a great water-themed mystery manga whose author is clearly well-versed in marine ecology. The illustrations are beautiful as well (at least where they matter).
Jan 20, 2015 12:09 AM

Dec 2013
Hoshi no Samdiare. It starts of slow but has awesome characters. Not to mention it has the most emotional battle I have ever read.
Jan 21, 2015 7:24 PM

Jan 2014
Here are some:

-Again (Amazing main character, extremely likable)
-Shi ni Itaru Yamai (Made me shed a tear)
-Homunculus (Very well done psychological)
Jan 24, 2015 10:22 PM

Aug 2014
Holyland
Jan 25, 2015 12:29 PM

Mar 2014
Battle Royale: Angels' Border (http://myanimelist.net/manga/32561/Battle_Royale:_Tenshitachi_no_Kokkyou)
109 users

Hideout (http://myanimelist.net/manga/28361/Hideout)
3459 users

Panorama Island (http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=10675)
256 users

Sweet Blue Flowers (http://myanimelist.net/manga/1363/Aoi_Hana)
2033 users

Utsubora: The Story of a Novelist (http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=20096)
173 users
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jan 27, 2015 6:59 PM
Oct 2014
Ruler of the Land, at the beginning of the Manhwa it's more comedy than serious fights.

The longer you read it you'll see how much more serious it gets, many conflicts between the Black and the White force, he might be a bit too OP but, it's still fine.
Apr 9, 2015 12:30 PM

Feb 2013
Real
http://myanimelist.net/manga/657/Real

The drawings are amazing, the story is simple but powerful. More people should read.
Apr 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Dec 2014
http://myanimelist.net/manga/26021/Hajimari_no_Niina/ one of the best manga i've ever read
Apr 10, 2015 3:48 AM

Jan 2014
It's sad that so many people are intimidated by Detective Conan's 900+ chapters. They miss out on one of the best shonen manga in my opinion.
Apr 10, 2015 5:10 AM

Dec 2014
a-i-k-o said:
It's sad that so many people are intimidated by Detective Conan's 900+ chapters. They miss out on one of the best shonen manga in my opinion.

I'm not intimidated by that. I really want to read it but then i realize i prefer mangas with plot
Jun 18, 2021 12:53 PM
Jun 2021
Here is a list of recomendation of unpopular works I likes a lot because of the novelty of their story and characters there are some funny ones and also more dramatic ones but I'm sure you will find a manga you like among them.^^
Hibiki: shousetsuka ni naru houhou (life of a genious author girl with some mantality problem)
Enami-kun wa ikiru no ga tsurai (an university students who wants to write a romantic plots but have no experience with girls)
Yugami-kun ni wa tomodachi ga inai (the story of a girl who transfered and a guy who have no friends and a bad temper)
Kuzumi-kun, Can't you read the room (similar to the one above)
Kao ni dasenai Yoshizawa-kun (a guy with a scary face who wants friends)
Isekai death game ni tensou sarete tsurai (a guy who is always mistakenly involved in death game and is tired of it)
Boku no kokoro no yabai yatsu (a gloomy guy who end up hanging out with the popular girl of his class)
Mashle (a guy who go to a magic high school even tough he can't use magic)
KoLD8: King of the living dead (an unconventional zombie apocalypse story where the mc end up being able to control the zombies)
Koko wa ima kara rinri desu (the story talk about the dramas happening in an ethics class and its teacher who solves the problem of his students in his own manner)
Odoru respawn (about a guy who can't die and his yandere stalker)
Zetsubou danshi to chuugoku musume (a guy who is communication disabled meets a chinese girl who heal his heart)
Pashiri na boku to koisuru banchou-san (a weak guy became the gofer of a delinquent girl)
Yankee-kun to hakujou gaaru (a delinquent meets a blind girl).
Holyland (a guy who is bullied end up becoming a fight addict)
Mr.Villain's day off (a villain who just enjoy viewing pandas on his day off)
GreemWitchDec 13, 2021 4:21 PM
Jun 22, 2021 1:10 PM

Feb 2021
Wow this is still alive, welp here is some good ones
Machida-Kun No Sekai
Ookami Shounen wa Kyou Mo Uso o Kasaneru
shingetsutan Tsukihime
Yugami-Kun Ni Wa Tomodachi Ga Inai
Kimi Wa Houkago Insomnia
Jun 30, 2021 9:18 AM

Nov 2020
100-nichigo ni Shinu Wani is an amazing manga that only takes a few minutes to complete
Jun 30, 2021 4:34 PM

Apr 2020
Shimeji Simulation. It's made by the same author who did Girls' Last Tour and needless to say, that it is certainly something special. It's abstract, absurd, and even somewhat depressing. The cast is also super adorable.

beep boop bop pow
Jun 30, 2021 11:02 PM

Mar 2021
i don't know if this popular or not but it only have less than 40.000 members so i want to recommend The Girl From The Otherside by Nagabe. Unpredictable , emotional and somewhat very depressing imo , also the art is *chef kiss* .

https://myanimelist.net/manga/93972/Totsukuni_no_Shoujo?q=the%20girl&cat=manga
Jul 8, 2021 1:23 AM
Nov 2019
Kazuo Umezu artworks
Jul 28, 2021 9:17 AM

Nov 2017
Kakukaku Shikajika is interesting description from mangaka's own youth in art schools.

There is also few delinquent mangas what I like very much:
Angel Densetsu in one of the funniest and Bakuon Rettou is probably most realistic series from that genre.
Jul 28, 2021 11:45 AM

Jul 2020
Witch's Printing Office
I'm a Behemoth, an S-Ranked Monster, but Mistaken for a Cat, I Live as an Elf Girl's Pet
Count Fujiwara's Suffering
Jul 30, 2021 4:10 AM
Oct 2015
GreemWitch said:
Here is a list of recomendation of unpopular works I likes a lot because of the novelty of their story and characters there are some funny ones and also more dramatic ones but I'm sure you will find a manga you like among them.^^
Hibiki: shousetsuka ni naru houhou (life of a genious author girl with some mantality problem)
Enami-kun wa ikiru no ga tsurai (an university students who wants to write a romantic plots but have no experience with girls)
Yugami-kun ni wa tomodachi ga inai (the story of a girl who transfered and a guy who have no friends and a bad temper)
Kuzumi-kun, Can't you read the room (similar to the one above)
Kao ni dasenai Yoshizawa-kun (a guy with a scary face who wants friends)
Isekai death game ni tensou sarete tsurai (a guy who is always mistakenly involved in death game and is tired of it)
Boku no kokoro no yabai yatsu (a gloomy guy who end up hanging out with the popular girl of his class)
Mashle (a guy who go to a magic high school even tough he can't use magic)
KoLD8: King of the living dead (an unconventional zombie apocalypse story where the mc end up being able to control the zombies)
Koko wa ima kara rinri desu (the story talk about the dramas happening in an ethics class and its teacher who solves the problem of his students in his own manner)
Odoru respawn (about a guy who can't die and his yandere stalker)
Zetsubou danshi to chuugoku musume (a guy who is communication disabled meets a chinese girl who heal his heart)
Pashiri na boku to koisuru banchou-san (a weak guy became the gofer of a delinquent girl)
Yankee-kun to hakujou gaaru (a delinquent meets a blind girl).
Holyland (a guy who is bullied end up becoming a fight addict)

HAHAHAHA imagine including any series within shounen jump weekly,
Every single manga in that magazine is already 200x times more popular than 99% of anything that was serialized out of that manga, even the least popular in jump is part of the 1%
Aug 1, 2021 10:32 PM

Jul 2020
jumyou wo kaittote moratta ichinen ni tsuki, ichimanen de, Classroom of the elite LN, Sousou no frieren, Omniscient readers, Her summon, song of the long march
Aug 2, 2021 12:46 AM

Aug 2020
Everyone talks about Chainsaw man but not many people seem to know about Fujmoto's other full length manga, Fire Punch

It is darker and more of a seinen than CSM and has the same artstyle

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Aug 2, 2021 6:40 AM

Sep 2020
jisatsu circle
(https://myanimelist.net/manga/1702/Jisatsu_Circle)

i recently read this and found it really good, i'm not sure if it has an official release outside of japan, though.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

378 by Hexcellion »»
11 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

21 by nishant0 »»
Today, 12:50 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.