Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, that finally ended. It took a while, but Maki and Aikawa finally became a couple! At least the author stayed with the gender being boy thing all the way... Final chapter (epilogue) next time, can't wait to see what they have in store for us. Too bad it's ending, but it's better to not drag it out so long like they did for Kimi no Iru Machi, Bleach, Naruto, etc.
Apr 13, 2013 11:14 PM
Jun 2009
mad props to author for not pulling gender-switch card in the end!
in the end.. love is love!
favorite series by far <3
Apr 13, 2013 11:35 PM

May 2011
Really took them long enough. I was sure they would be a couple ever since that bride and groom and castle.
Apr 14, 2013 12:02 AM

Nov 2007
I can't believe I started reading Prunus Girl two years ago today. What a mad coincidence. I was so worried that after all the fxf couples we might get a bait'n switch with Maki and Aikawa, but I couldn't be happier the two finally got together in the end! Really a hugely emotional chapter for me, even if it was so low key. Can't wait to buy all the volumes.
Apr 14, 2013 12:16 AM
Sep 2012
I can't believe i finished a Yaoi manga. I...I'm kind of proud actually.
Apr 14, 2013 1:02 AM

Jun 2009
bippo said:

me too XD. at some point I actually think that Aikawa is a pure girl but forced to lie to the other for a reason..
Apr 14, 2013 1:42 AM
Oct 2008
bippo said:

Yeah, I sure as hell I'm not into this stuff, but I enjoyed this title alot, mostly because I enjoyed the simplicity of the story and good humour with nice, a bit cliche, but nice ending. Well, love knows no boundaries, huh ? :D
Apr 14, 2013 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
omg so cute the ending... actually i didn't end up reading this manga till not too long ago and it ended so fast in comparison all well's that ends........ TOO FAST nuuu ;_;
Apr 14, 2013 5:00 AM
Mar 2011
Does anybody else hear a phone ringing?
CAUSE I FREAKING CALLED IT.
Nice ending, loved the romance, the kiss sealed the deal and I'm happy/sad this series is ending :')
Apr 14, 2013 5:37 AM

Oct 2012
IZUMI64 said:
bippo said:

me too XD. at some point I actually think that Aikawa is a pure girl but forced to lie to the other for a reason..

me too... honesty can't believe, and I just kept deceiving myself the it's "a girl..it's a girl"

I'm feeling complicated right now

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Apr 14, 2013 5:58 AM

Apr 2010
Yeah!!! I was waiting for this! Is this the end? I want to see their first time :D
Apr 14, 2013 6:12 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah this is the end it's even said -FIN-
It's all turn good in the end it's took them a year to become a couple.

Now I want to see a epilogue :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 14, 2013 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
I .... I have mixed feelings about this one.

When I see him kissing aikawa, part of me say "way to go, maki, finally you did it!" but but, the other me keep yelling "but she is a guy, a guy, a guy, a guy ...!"

I did hope that eventually aikawa is a girl, but urggghhh, actually being a guy made this story interesting. Guess I am a bit simple minded about same sex relationship, I don't oppose it, but still feel a little awkward.

Anyway, another nice story comes to an end, I enjoyed it a lot, hope to see more from the epilogue
Apr 14, 2013 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
"...took you long enough."

So it ends, just like that. Guess they weren't kidding about this being the final chapter. Maki finally gave in and admitted his own feelings. He himself was the final obstacle, after all. Looking forward to the epilogue. Hope the entire gang is in it.

Also, should the manga's chapter count be set to 42 since this is the finale? Once the epilogue is out, I expect the status to change to Finished as well.
Apr 14, 2013 6:25 PM

Feb 2010
I just finished my 1st yaoi manga... and I'm okay with that.

The biggest thing that surprised me was that this was the last chapter (besides the epilogue).

I'm going to be miss this series but I'm glad the author stuck with Aikawa's gender.

Onto the epilogue!
Apr 14, 2013 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
His gender isn't really verified. It's safe to assume he's male but there is still that small chance. Maki accepting Aikawa as a guy was a good ending.

I listened to the drama CDs a while back and the voices were decent.
Even if it's just an OVA, it would be nice to see it animated.
Apr 14, 2013 6:33 PM

Feb 2010
bIuecrimson said:
His gender isn't really verified. It's safe to assume he's male but there is still that small chance.

I don't know, I don't see why Aikawa would hide it after they've confessed to each other and are going out. Even if Aikawa has always been somewhat of a mystery, I don't think he would stretch it that far. He's always stated that he's male. There's more evidence for than against Aikawa being male.

Maki will find out for sure sooner or later anyway XD
Apr 14, 2013 9:30 PM
Apr 2011
I'm pretty sure this is Shounen Ai.

And...i'm pretty sure this is my first manga of such a genre that I've ever finished. I was actually waiting for a twist and I'm (strangely) glad that twist didn't happen.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Apr 15, 2013 11:59 AM
Oct 2009
GCBGTS said:
IZUMI64 said:
bippo said:

me too... honesty can't believe, and I just kept deceiving myself the it's "a girl..it's a girl"

I think many people keep deceiving yourself about this
lol
(yeah. me too)
Apr 16, 2013 2:42 AM

Jun 2012
smash said:
GCBGTS said:
IZUMI64 said:
bippo said:

lol
(yeah. me too)

so true, I keep deceiving myself till this post posted
I don't know anything, I just know what I know
Apr 16, 2013 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
GCBGTS said:
IZUMI64 said:
bippo said:

shh its okay, these feelings that youre are feeling happen to eveyone. Embrace your love for traps openly and then you can die happily.
Apr 17, 2013 2:51 AM

Jan 2011
waisodim666 said:
GCBGTS said:
IZUMI64 said:
bippo said:

shh its okay, these feelings that youre are feeling happen to eveyone. Embrace your love for traps openly and then you can die happily.

To properly embrace your love you must favourite the manga and the characters.
Apr 18, 2013 11:36 AM
Aug 2011
bIuecrimson said:
It's safe to assume he's male but there is still that small chance.

HE'S MALE. STOP LIVING IN DENIAL.

Anyway, the ending was kind of...sudden?

I was feeling like they were going to pull the "JK I'm a girl!!!" card all this time but wow i'm surprised that didn't happen.
I think i'll even boost my rating up 1 point to a 9 just because of that.

Maki was a really nice, he was kind to Aizawa all the way through.
Apr 27, 2013 3:07 AM

Jul 2011
This was one of the first Manga's i've read and while i enjoyed the ending i'm a little sad to see it go.

From the beginning to the end i enjoyed the "is she?, isn't she?" and i still feel a case can be made either way. On the one hand Aikawa confession about crossdressing felt very genuine and this time around , when Aikawa professed that he was a guy, it wasn't portrayed in such a casual way or as if he was trying to eff with Maki. Still the whole "Peach-Cola" candy leaves a tiny seed of doubt and last line was fittingly ambiguous.

Glad they finally got together and cant wait for the omake chapter.
Apr 27, 2013 10:44 AM

Oct 2008
gianeka09001 said:
smash said:
GCBGTS said:
IZUMI64 said:
bippo said:

lol
(yeah. me too)

so true, I keep deceiving myself till this post posted
same. gah. =O

May 16, 2013 11:13 PM
Apr 2011
Has anyone read the epilogue yet? lolz

Aikawa is pretty aggressive...
saltncheeseMay 16, 2013 11:22 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
May 17, 2013 1:57 AM

Sep 2010
Shit, I take a pretty long break from reading manga and come back to this ending?
Like everyone else, I'm happy for them, but I kind of feel like it'd be nice if Aikawa turned out to be a girl, but at the same time I also feel him actually being a boy is also a nice thing. Oh hell, it doesn't matter as long as there's love!
Imagine if Aikawa was a boy throughout the series (or genderless :O) and the candy was actually magical and he only swapped at the end. Or if Aikawa was a girl and completely convinced everyone she was a boy and had Maki come to terms with himself to fall in love with a boy, but then there's the big reveal or her actually being a girl. JUST IMAGINE HOW MAKI WOULD FEEL.
May 17, 2013 9:32 AM

Jun 2012
saltncheese said:
Has anyone read the epilogue yet? lolz

Aikawa is pretty aggressive...

yeah, and Maki as sturdy as ever
I don't know anything, I just know what I know
Apr 1, 2014 3:06 PM
Apr 2014
Kejmur said:
bippo said:

Yeah, I sure as hell I'm not into this stuff, but I enjoyed this title alot, mostly because I enjoyed the simplicity of the story and good humour with nice, a bit cliche, but nice ending. Well, love knows no boundaries, huh ? :D

Im glad Im not alone
Mar 14, 2015 7:04 PM

Nov 2012
TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH. Thank goodness for a conclusive ending, but I want to at least see what happens after they got together.
Feb 20, 2016 9:50 AM

Jun 2013
Yup, that was prefect!!! I've shipped them ever since the first chapter!!
10/10
Nov 29, 2017 2:35 AM

Dec 2013
I just think it's impressive how Maki actually confessed or realized his feelings. There are times where manga would just leave it up to our imagination or be extremely unclear about what happens in the end. The author COULD have just said they continued to peacefully live together, despite being both guys, and not tie up loose ends by being ambiguous. You can't really be mad at a straight-forward conclusion like this, genders aside.
Dec 7, 2017 9:01 AM

Feb 2016
God I love this story. It so heartwarming and all the characters feel alive. And what could be more satisfying that seeing Maki realizing and embracing his feelings. Very satisfying conclusion to a great story and this chapter really cemented it home!
Oct 23, 2021 12:42 AM

May 2012
Ended up marathoning this whole manga, I was very much in love with it. I was a little worried the author was gonna pull the whole gender switcharoo and reveal Aikawa was actually a girl (since there was kind of that whole little subplot for comedic purposes), but judging from the score of the manga on MAL, I figured that probably wouldn't be the case, so I'm glad it ended how it did.

All the characters were wonderful, they all had various and unique characteristics, and they all had fun ways of interacting with each other because of it.

Seeing Maki coming to terms that he was in love with another man throughout the series was interesting to see unfold, because there definitely seems to be some realism to it as well.

Overall, I'm glad to see them get together, share a proper kiss as a couple, and end on a high note. It left me with the warm fuzzies. They're very cute.
Mar 20, 2023 7:11 AM

Jun 2019
Xionea said:
Ended up marathoning this whole manga, I was very much in love with it. I was a little worried the author was gonna pull the whole gender switcharoo and reveal Aikawa was actually a girl (since there was kind of that whole little subplot for comedic purposes), but judging from the score of the manga on MAL, I figured that probably wouldn't be the case, so I'm glad it ended how it did.

All the characters were wonderful, they all had various and unique characteristics, and they all had fun ways of interacting with each other because of it.

Seeing Maki coming to terms that he was in love with another man throughout the series was interesting to see unfold, because there definitely seems to be some realism to it as well.

Overall, I'm glad to see them get together, share a proper kiss as a couple, and end on a high note. It left me with the warm fuzzies. They're very cute.
Maki taking so long was indeed realistic, love it.

Him taking it head on once he came to terms with his feelings though fit his character really well too.

I started this manga cuz the plot sounded interesting, thought I'd read a few chapters and get bored, but kept going cuz the art was cute. And now I've finished a technically yaoi(?) manga for the first time. Never thought the day would come.
Mar 20, 2023 7:15 AM

Jun 2019
This manga was just the perfect length. I love what Aikawa identifies as was still kept somewhat vague till the end, that's his charm.

The only complaint I have is that some of the side characters didn't have as much development or focus as they deserved. Kadoyama and the President for example.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prunus Girl Chapter 43 Discussion

Ksa - May 19, 2013

17 by Potimas »»
Oct 18, 2022 11:19 AM

Poll: » Prunus Girl Chapter 22 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 29, 2011

7 by GoingPalomo69 »»
Sep 3, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » Prunus Girl Chapter 17 Discussion

belatkuro - Sep 17, 2010

9 by luckyg4mer3 »»
Oct 5, 2020 3:10 AM

Poll: » Prunus Girl Chapter 11 Discussion

Laevantein - Feb 13, 2010

10 by luckyg4mer3 »»
Oct 1, 2020 5:59 AM

Poll: » Prunus Girl Chapter 10 Discussion

Laevantein - Jan 5, 2010

5 by luckyg4mer3 »»
Oct 1, 2020 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.