Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2013 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, I thought Origami would pick up on things, damn. The date was kinda cheesy but also funny to watch. I think Tohka definitely looks cute in their her school outfit. She should wear that more often.

Definitely not too exciting for the date. It's funny watching Shidou this episode though with his weird expression on his face. Oh and this episode kinda made me hungry after watching all that food.
Stark700Apr 13, 2013 9:38 AM
Apr 13, 2013 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:
Definitely not too exciting for the date. It's funny watching Shidou this episode though with his weird expression on his face. Oh and this episode kinda made me hungry after watching all that food.

Speaking of which, how much food can Tokah shove down her pie hole ?

For a Date with the Grim Ripper that was really fun, but of course the Dating A-team had to show up and try to force them in a hotel room. Now Origami has some explaining to do, she seriously pissed off Tokah and almost unleashed the Armageddon, which reminds of never dating a women who knows how to shoot or wield a katana for fear that she become jealous to the point of murder.

The Kiss to defuse the Sword of Death was slightly forced, and could have had a bit more emotion, but at the end I am dissapointed for Shido not given Tokah his coat. Even in Agent Aika men don't leave women walking about naked.

4/5
meneliksempaiApr 13, 2013 10:36 AM
Apr 13, 2013 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
Some of the good parts from the light novel were skipped in the anime. I guess I have no choice, since anime cannot be that coherent. The anime is still good.

Tohka was pretty cute when she ate food. I loved her school uniform outfit.

The date between Shido and Tohka was okay, but quite cheesy. Kotori and her Fraxinus's crew did very well helping out their date so badly.

Good kiss between Shido and Tohka at the end by the way.
removed-userApr 13, 2013 4:29 PM
Apr 13, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Tohka was pretty cute when she ate food.

This is what confuses me ... because she is basically the Grim Reaper in Moe form. ^_^
Apr 13, 2013 11:02 AM

Nov 2008
That kiss at the end to stop the sword was spectacular and the date was ok, my Tohka can eat a lot, that makes 2 big eaters this season. I didn't see much of an issue with Tohka not getting Shido's coat when she was naked although it would've been nice if he did.

meneliksempai said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

This is what confuses me ... because she is basically the Grim Reaper in Moe form. ^_^

Big eating females are cute.

Apr 13, 2013 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
Loved the facial expression Origami showed
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Apr 13, 2013 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Loved it! The series keeps getting better though it skips some details which are included in the Light novels.But it can't be helped can it?
Apr 13, 2013 1:21 PM

Jul 2010
Haha, well it would be a problem if the protagonist, Shidou, died at episode 3. Thankfully, Shidou returned from the dead.

Tohka after being saved by Shidou with the kiss, pulls the old transfer student routine.

It's such a guilty pleasure watching this for me, but I like it.
Apr 13, 2013 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
Damn, I wish I could eat so much.. good kiss at the end ^_^
I'll wait for the sub.
Apr 13, 2013 2:26 PM

Mar 2012
As I thought they craming 1 volume to 3 episode. I wonder I we will get maid Origami at this rate.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 13, 2013 4:33 PM

Oct 2012
wow, they already finished 1 volume of the novel.
That date was nice, can't believe tohka ate that much. And that kiss at the end was great.
Apr 13, 2013 7:31 PM

Mar 2012
I think this series is entertaining while we're at it, but the drama seems still much fabricated, almost like a cover for the harem beneath...

And I'm guessing Shidou isn't human. Watch him also be a spirit or something.
Apr 13, 2013 11:06 PM

Aug 2012
A bit of disappointing for this episode, some of the really good moments in the original novel were being cut (and they are going to make them in the BD, that makes me even more disappoint.) The last fight wasn't following the original work too accordingly (in the original novel Origami was beaten down so hard, not like in the anime where she can withstand so many slashes from Touka.) Otherwise all enjoyable. I especially like the hilarious opening narration by Mitsuishi Kotono's epic voice.

The one part that I think is better than the original novel is Origami's reaction after accidentally shoot Shidou.

NeoAnkara said:
As I thought they craming 1 volume to 3 episode. I wonder I we will get maid Origami at this rate.

And from I heard they are going to squeeze Yushino (Volume 2) into two episodes, man the pace is already jet-coastering now they even want to add turbo to it.
tezann_t said:
I think this series is entertaining while we're at it, but the drama seems still much fabricated, almost like a cover for the harem beneath...

Yes it is harem. A worth-watching one though.
eeveelugiaApr 14, 2013 1:29 AM
Apr 14, 2013 1:13 AM

Sep 2012
Tohka is cute when eating the all the food XDD
Murasame and Kotori hit Shidou's head lol.
Apr 14, 2013 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
Quite some information skip, guess it can't be help.... And yeah Tohka beat the heck out of Origami in the Novel..., wanted to see the coffee scene between Reine and Kotori but oh well~

Also Tohka was super cute.
Apr 14, 2013 3:37 AM

Mar 2012
eeveelugia said:
NeoAnkara said:

And from I heard they are going to squeeze Yushino (Volume 2) into two episodes, man the pace is already jet-coastering now they even want to add turbo to it.
I want maid Origami more than that loli Yoshino. Maid Origami is more important.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 14, 2013 2:46 PM
Sep 2012
Nice episode with some Shido x Tohka, although they cut some parts from the novel. In the end, they added some original scenes (I don't think Kotori and Reine wear maid clothings in the novel), which is quite refreshing.

Next week is volume 2, we'll have more fun with Tohka at school.
Apr 14, 2013 6:53 PM

Mar 2012
What's with that on the PV? Yoshino bring out her Angel already? And I don't remember they go to the arcade.
Apr 14, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2011
Is this going to get subbed anytime soon or are we just sticking with the raw version?
Apr 14, 2013 8:55 PM

Mar 2013
NeoAnkara said:
What's with that on the PV? Yoshino bring out her Angel already? And I don't remember they go to the arcade.

And Tohka biting that bread plushie...
Apr 14, 2013 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
5596050 said:
NeoAnkara said:

And Tohka biting that bread plushie...
This is hopeless. As long as they don't reduce Origami screentime I'm ok.
Apr 14, 2013 9:48 PM

Sep 2012
A kiss that dissolves everything the girl wears.... Love it.

And originally I thought Dream Land is a theme park LOL

One thing I don't like is how even though Tohka was so crazily mad, her attacks did not seem to hurt Origmai at all - the waves just seemed to bounce back or pass her by, and it was after some time that Origami finally gave up and prepared to be killed. Given that was Tohka at her most furious state, I would expect her attacks to overwhelm Origami much faster.
symbvApr 14, 2013 9:54 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 15, 2013 12:58 AM

Mar 2013
symbv said:

One thing I don't like is how even though Tohka was so crazily mad, her attacks did not seem to hurt Origmai at all - the waves just seemed to bounce back or pass her by, and it was after some time that Origami finally gave up and prepared to be killed. Given that was Tohka at her most furious state, I would expect her attacks to overwhelm Origami much faster.

In the LN, Tohka was destroying her and her injuries was way worse than they showed in the anime (her appearance in the classroom)
Apr 15, 2013 1:02 AM

Mar 2012
5596050 said:
symbv said:

In the LN, Tohka was destroying her and her injuries was way worse than they showed in the anime (her appearance in the classroom)
She was merciless in LN. And they didn't give an explaination on why Shidou come from the sky? They should have shown that he was kicked from the ship.
Apr 15, 2013 1:32 AM

Mar 2013
NeoAnkara said:
5596050 said:
symbv said:

She was merciless in LN. And they didn't give an explaination on why Shidou come from the sky? They should have shown that he was kicked from the ship.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much.... But this is starting to look like its becoming an adaption of Campione rush...
Apr 15, 2013 2:01 AM

Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Yeah, I was surprised at how slight Origami's injury is when she appeared in the classroom. It looks like she only got some face scratches and that's it.

Also, the reappearance of Shidou puzzles me. At one moment I saw he sit up at where he was shot and the next moment he fell from way high off the sky. So how did he get from the ground to the air-ship on the sky?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 15, 2013 2:06 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
Yeah, I was surprised at how slight Origami's injury is when she appeared in the classroom. It looks like she only got some face scratches and that's it.

Also, the reappearance of Shidou puzzles me. At one moment I saw he sit up at where he was shot and the next moment he fell from way high off the sky. So how did he get from the ground to the air-ship on the sky?
Transporter. It was high tech after all.
Apr 15, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2012
^ You mean they transported Shidou up to the airship so that they could throw Shidou to Touhka because otherwise he could not reach her from the ground?

Apr 15, 2013 2:39 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
^ You mean they transported Shidou up to the airship so that they could throw Shidou to Touhka because otherwise he could not reach her from the ground?
Something like that. They don't care throwing him since he can regenerate anyway.
Apr 15, 2013 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
Art2010 said:
Is this going to get subbed anytime soon or are we just sticking with the raw version?

This. :<
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Apr 15, 2013 3:21 AM

Mar 2012
Peten00b said:
Art2010 said:

Who knows? Maybe tomorrow.
Apr 15, 2013 3:52 AM

Aug 2012
symbv said:

The staffs want to save money by introducing a repeating footage of Tohka waving her sword and Origami pretty much stay there doing nothing. In the LN Tohka marches to Origami, blow away any AST member who gets in her way with a single swing. While Origami desperately dodges for her life. Her shield breaks with one slash and then she is hardly beaten down. That involves a lot of actions.
Apr 15, 2013 7:47 AM
Mar 2013
Hoppy said:
That kiss at the end to stop the sword was spectacular and the date was ok, my Tohka can eat a lot, that makes 2 big eaters this season. I didn't see much of an issue with Tohka not getting Shido's coat when she was naked although it would've been nice if he did.

meneliksempai said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

Big eating females are cute.

I thought the episode was pretty good... I am still not really sure what to make of it. It is funny, but it also gives the (what the hell) reaction whenever I'm watching it. I like it though... So I'm not really sure what the problem is. It just needs to grow on me.

With regards to food: this is slightly off-topic but ever heard of Index, the main character of a Certain Magical Index. She is NOT cute... She also is a big eater.
Apr 15, 2013 11:11 AM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Peten00b said:
Art2010 said:

Legend says that they're still trying to sub this episode till this very day....
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Apr 15, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
Peten00b said:
NeoAnkara said:
Peten00b said:
Art2010 said:

Legend says that they're still trying to sub this episode till this very day....

When it appears, I will rejoice
Apr 15, 2013 2:19 PM
Mar 2013
speaking of Big Eaters, Index indeed is a big eater as well, and lets not Forget the New Big Eater who appeared just recently, the all to cute little Fairy Syrup from Zettai Bouei Leviathan. and Kuea from Elemental Gelade. Wish this episode would get subbed already, its killing me having to wait :/
Apr 15, 2013 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
I hope next episode doesn't cut to much like this episode.
Apr 15, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
Art2010 said:
Peten00b said:
NeoAnkara said:
Peten00b said:
Art2010 said:

When it appears, I will rejoice

Agreed
[url][/url]
Apr 16, 2013 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
According on fff subs site their waiting for their editor to edit the ep other then that its already to go. And hadena isnt subbing until the Bds come out is what they said
Apr 16, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 2012
Good thing that I have read LN so I still understand the contex even thought I cannot understand Japanese.
Apr 16, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
eeveelugia said:
symbv said:
The staffs want to save money by introducing a repeating footage of Tohka waving her sword and Origami pretty much stay there doing nothing. In the LN Tohka marches to Origami, blow away any AST member who gets in her way with a single swing. While Origami desperately dodges for her life. Her shield breaks with one slash and then she is hardly beaten down. That involves a lot of actions.
I have to say I am quite disappointed by the changes made in the anime after reading your account of how it is depicted in the LN. I believe it is really important to depict the terrifying effect the perception of Shidou's death has on Tohka and also depict how Tohka in her rage can overwhelm everything AST has to throw against her. The depiction in the anime just lacks the emotional intensity that such actions would depict. The one thing that perhaps anime made it (arguably) better is how the knowledge that she had shot Shidou to his apparent death totally immobilized Origami in a slump of regret and sadness, although by staying immobile the anime also made it look like her shield is good enough to withstand Tohka's multiple attacks at her most powerful which frankly just does not make sense.

Apr 16, 2013 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
eeveelugia said:
symbv said:
I have to say I am quite disappointed by the changes made in the anime after reading your account of how it is depicted in the LN. I believe it is really important to depict the terrifying effect the perception of Shidou's death has on Tohka and also depict how Tohka in her rage can overwhelm everything AST has to throw against her. The depiction in the anime just lacks the emotional intensity that such actions would depict. The one thing that perhaps anime made it (arguably) better is how the knowledge that she had shot Shidou to his apparent death totally immobilized Origami in a slump of regret and sadness, although by staying immobile the anime also made it look like her shield is good enough to withstand Tohka's multiple attacks at her most powerful which frankly just does not make sense.
It look like that they make anime only to advertise LN while staying on low budget. It was ashame thought since AST teritory cannot handle something like that in LN.
Apr 16, 2013 4:54 PM

Mar 2012
The sub will most likely come out after television airing date.
Apr 16, 2013 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
Shanablaze said:
Rofl, still no sub. Lame.

Its actually kind of odd (and frustrating) how long its taking.
[url][/url]
Apr 16, 2013 8:29 PM

Apr 2011
ThatGuyYeah said:
Shanablaze said:

One staff from evetaku subs is having serious real life problems, causing the delay.

No choice but to wait. Patience can be rewarding.
Apr 17, 2013 3:03 AM

Dec 2012
Magito said:
ThatGuyYeah said:
Shanablaze said:

One staff from evetaku subs is having serious real life problems, causing the delay.

I don't think anyone will be subbing the webrip, but the actual tv airing itself since it's better quality, anyway EveTaku aren't subbing this are they? it's not on their site and I never saw their DL's
Apr 17, 2013 3:09 AM

Apr 2011
Monde11 said:
Magito said:
ThatGuyYeah said:
Shanablaze said:

I don't think anyone will be subbing the webrip, but the actual tv airing itself since it's better quality, anyway EveTaku aren't subbing this are they? it's not on their site and I never saw their DL's

Woops! I meant FFFansubs. Sorry about that.

And they're the ones subbing both the niconico webrip and TV airing.
Apr 17, 2013 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
It's so hard to adapt DECENTLY a Light novel? I think not, but yeah, mr. money it's much powerful it seems.

What a crap adaptation, I liked much the first 2 novels, they were fun, i really enjoyed it (gonna read the 3 soon) but what they did with the anime is...for condemning they all to die the most painful way possible.

And yeh, one of the "1" was voted by me.
apauApr 17, 2013 6:58 AM
この世界の秘密が知ってる?
Do you know the secret of this world?
リトルバスターズは不滅だ。
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"-Magus
"What are two halves? One Fren Da"
Apr 17, 2013 12:02 PM

May 2010
apau said:
It's so hard to adapt DECENTLY a Light novel? I think not, but yeah, mr. money it's much powerful it seems.

What a crap adaptation, I liked much the first 2 novels, they were fun, i really enjoyed it (gonna read the 3 soon) but what they did with the anime is...for condemning they all to die the most painful way possible.

And yeh, one of the "1" was voted by me.

I've read the novels, and I think it's a pretty good adaptation. I don't know what you're talking about.
Apr 17, 2013 1:04 PM

Mar 2013
Seriously, this episode needs to be subbed! This is getting so stressful.

Mastery through endless repetition.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.