Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 2013 9:48 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It really does not feel much like a last episode. And the fun is as enjoyable as always. And since Uchida is one of my favorite characters it is great to see quite a lot of her in this episode. At least the series ends with a timely scene -- sakura is current blossoming in Japan so it is appropriate to have a sakura ohanami scene at the end, and we have the standard Hosaka treatment of being left alone lol.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 30, 2013 12:00 PM
Jan 2007
symbv said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It really does not feel much like a last episode. And the fun is as enjoyable as always. And since Uchida is one of my favorite characters it is great to see quite a lot of her in this episode. At least the series ends with a timely scene -- sakura is current blossoming in Japan so it is appropriate to have a sakura ohanami scene at the end, and we have the standard Hosaka treatment of being left alone lol.

Great sat episode, really funny and the last scene was beautiful.
Hopefully there will be another season, I just can't get enough of Hosaka and the Boss.
Mar 30, 2013 1:05 PM
Aug 2011
Great end
T T

9/10
Mar 30, 2013 2:34 PM

Sep 2008
a shame it ended. and just lke the others, it felt so normal, that is almost hard to tell its an ending XD

i'm still amazed that some of the characters still dont know each other, chronologically speaking, its already about 3 years since the series started(i mean, the time whitin the series) so it still amazes me XD

i almost felt bad for kana, about to cry
and i feel bad every time fujioka fails to confess, poor banchou XD

as always, a great sequel, of a great series, looking forward for another season =)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 30, 2013 5:17 PM

Nov 2007
Spring season. And each story for the three sisters this time.

While everyone's talking about spring allergies, lol @ Kana's the fault for Chiaki's "unknown troubles"

lol @ Fujioka's kicking. Poor Fujioka more than Kana at the end.

lol @ Hosaka x Chiaki combi again, but no song.

About "Just the talk here"/keeping it secret. And Kana using it for Hanami. It surely was a nice place. lol @ Hosaka went to the wrong place and left alone.

Well, it didn't feel like the end in prequel either.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 30, 2013 6:06 PM

Mar 2012
that was awesome!!!

glad chiaki got to meet the "curry fairy" again:P

I hope they make another season soon cuz minami ke is so epic.

9/10

hosaka- ohahahaha...hahahahahha
Mar 30, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2013
tears were shed for hosaka
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 31, 2013 1:07 AM

Jun 2012
Ranking of Seasons in terms of comedy

1>4>3>2

I liked this season a lot, Tadaima was almost able to capture what made the first my favorite but alas. There were great episodes in here though, I don't want to downplay the merits S4 did do.

Sayonara BAKAYAROU!!!

7 Disilliusioned Hosakas out of 10
Mar 31, 2013 1:31 AM
Jun 2008
I really wish Hosaka's love will bloom someday -_-"

I wonder will there be another season for Minami-ke? ..
Mar 31, 2013 1:55 AM

Sep 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
1>4>3>2
Precisely how I would rank the series!! But not just in terms of comedy, in terms of general enjoyment including character design and music etc I would also rank the series the same way.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 31, 2013 2:51 AM

Sep 2009
symbv said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
1>4>3>2
Precisely how I would rank the series!! But not just in terms of comedy, in terms of general enjoyment including character design and music etc I would also rank the series the same way.

Ha. Exactly my thoughts. But I liked all four seasons.
Mar 31, 2013 2:58 AM

Apr 2009
Man, that was great.

It's nice that even though it took a while, Minami-ke finally got a good season.
Mar 31, 2013 3:43 AM

Jan 2011
1 (I am boss) > 4 > 3 > 2 (Bad animation style).

This season gave us back a lot of the lost comedy, character interactions and charm between the last 2. I have no reason to not love this show aside from a few fanservice bullshit, which I'm willing to overlook since it wasn't a big deal.
Mar 31, 2013 4:05 AM

Jul 2007
Solid 9/10. I loved this season. All characters had enough screen time, they all kept their charm from previous seasons and the comedy was perfect ~

I will really miss it. I know I'm asking for too much but i would love it if they made a 5th season lol. Anyways perfect ending for a perfect season. I also agree that 1st and 4th season are the best ^^
Mar 31, 2013 4:57 AM

May 2008
YAY PLAIN YOGURT i mean SHUUICHI, didnt think he would have lines anymore haha .

Hosaka all alone :(. Also Akira makes another appearance. I wonder if Chiaki will ever find out Mako is actually Makoto and Fujioka will find out Touma is actually a girl .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 31, 2013 5:34 AM

Feb 2008
I felt sorry for Hosaka, being left alone like that. But if the man is happy... A fine ending, nevertheless.
Mar 31, 2013 5:36 AM

Jul 2010
Another fun and enjoyable season of Minami-Ke that I just adore. This was definently one of the better seasons out of the 4 we've been lucky enough to watch. I really loved the ending for this season though, because I think its important to end with a nice scene featuring all the characters for anime such as this. The Sakura scene was perfect for this and I just happily enjoyed every bit. But I feel bad for Hosaka, I'm rooting for him in some way lol

8.5/10
Mar 31, 2013 6:51 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode, Starting to feel sorry for Hosaka there sitting with all that food at the wrong spot but his laugh always gets me xD hopefully this has at least one last season
Mar 31, 2013 9:20 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Kana, you can be a pain in the butt but your heart is always in the right place.
Mar 31, 2013 9:21 AM

Oct 2011
After 2 seasons that weren't the best (not that were but... just could be way better) it was great to see Minami-ke being back to its former glory.
All good things were back: Hosaka being every women dream, Mako-chan as manliness incarnated not to mention few smaller things (Sensei & Ninomiya-kun). Also some new additions. It was great.

9/10 and best show of this season for sure. I do hope for second season (probably won't happen but I would be happy if).
Dalek-bakaMar 31, 2013 9:26 AM
Mar 31, 2013 10:46 AM

Sep 2010
So, anyone notice a subtle difference in Kana's voice?
She sounded like she might have had a cold when she recorded the episode...
I don't expect justice. I expect revenge, even if it solves nothing in the end.
I don't expect redemption. I expect decadence and self destruction.
I don't expect compassion. I expect selfishness.
I don't expect people making choices. I expect a cruel fate forced upon them.
Mar 31, 2013 11:02 AM
Feb 2009
that was actually very clever of kana... oh... and the must-have hosaka scene...
Nachtwandler_21 said:
symbv said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
1>4>3>2

Ha. Exactly my thoughts. But I liked all four seasons.
no objection for that ranking
flame_tiongMar 31, 2013 11:09 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 31, 2013 11:03 AM

Jan 2011
Still can't top that first season. It was nice to watch every week. Wouldn't hate it if another season rolled through at some point.
Mar 31, 2013 11:05 AM

Sep 2012
Djisas said:
So, anyone notice a subtle difference in Kana's voice?
She sounded like she might have had a cold when she recorded the episode...
Or Hay Fever ;-)

Mar 31, 2013 11:22 AM

Apr 2010
8/10

It was great being hit with another season. Artwork, character designs and the silly comedy all got a revamp. I really enjoyed this round. And their apartment's architecture didn't seem to change that much this time, either.

Mar 31, 2013 12:26 PM
Dec 2012
One thing I liked about the series was they, in OP of every episode, told us to not expect too much from the anime. Thus the series was fine with me no matter what they did. Wish other anime also made the same announcement in every episode.
Mar 31, 2013 1:51 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
I hate Hayami sooooooo MUCH. Leaving poor Hosaka out of that nice ending. Breaks my heart. Still, I hope for another season.
Mar 31, 2013 2:12 PM
Feb 2012
Forever Alone Hosaka. ;P
Mar 31, 2013 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
greenmush said:
YAY PLAIN YOGURT i mean SHUUICHI, didnt think he would have lines anymore haha .

Hosaka all alone :(.

Juffe said:
Forever Alone Hosaka. ;P

Godammit, Hayami, you crossed the line. That was not cool, not cool at all. Even the plain yogurt is there and Hosaka isn't.

greenmush said:
Also Akira makes another appearance.
I wish there's like an OVA or something that deals with Akira finding out (and freaking out) over his sister being friends with the delinquent boss.
Mar 31, 2013 4:05 PM

Nov 2007
Eh. I kinda feel like this show overstayed its welcome. A lot of the running gags were overdone and the show itself got pretty dull by the end I'm sad to say. Still though, I have some good memories with this anime and I don't regret watching it :)

Mar 31, 2013 4:16 PM

Jan 2012
wow no minami quest episode. I was waiting for one.. HAHAHAH HAHAH HAHAHAH.

Bakayarou out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 31, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2012
A great final episode that really played its jokes well, especially with mixing some of the gags throughout the separate skits. Easily my pick for the anime of the season.
Mar 31, 2013 5:24 PM

Jun 2009
Kana was a genius with the idea she thought of.
Mar 31, 2013 6:15 PM
Feb 2009
I must be the only one to think 4>1,
making this an easy 9 or 10 out of 10 D:
Mar 31, 2013 6:39 PM

Jan 2009
Kana managed to be so dumb this time that she wrapped around to brilliant. Color me impressed.
Mar 31, 2013 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
Episodes like this that remind me how much i like the dumb/genius parts of Kana

Sad this is over even though it didn't top S1 it was my second favorite season out of them all and i'm down for another if they can keep it up,was also nice seeing everyone together finally.
8/10
Mar 31, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2010
IZEROII said:
Still can't top that first season. It was nice to watch every week. Wouldn't hate it if another season rolled through at some point.

I dont think any of us would be mad if they made a fifth season :D
Mar 31, 2013 7:30 PM

May 2011
Eh, interesting final episode. It was awesome seeing the cast collab together for once.
4 > 1 > 3 > 2
Best of them all, imo. 9/10 Reason 4 > 1 being is the artwork was spectacular.
Mar 31, 2013 9:22 PM

Jul 2009
Dat almost-confession.

Solid 9/10 from me, I'd love more whenever they get around to it!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 31, 2013 9:29 PM
Sep 2010
This is just between you and me, but I want another season.
Mar 31, 2013 11:38 PM

Jun 2010
Ahh...that was a satisfying end to this season... ^-^
The kicking segment with Fujioka was hilarious. Kana is always so dense. haha
Again, poor Hosaka, he's always alone.
Looking forward to another season hopefully!
Apr 1, 2013 1:03 AM

Dec 2011
i was about to fall in love with kana all over again after seeing her wait under the sakura tree for everyone... then haruka showed up in dat high waisted skirt...
Apr 1, 2013 1:05 AM

Aug 2008
This anime seriously cracked me up at times. Some were random too. Specially that guy laughing at the end. Anyway, I ranked it at 7 ONLY cuz it wasn't particular lively, but other than the aforementioned the production values and the VA's were very nice too. But anyway, for entertaining purposes, I loved it and would highly recommend it to people who enjoy similar genres.

That being said, I think I'm not watching the predecessors. I might watch the first season since it seems the best, but nothing more, except if the same studio, or another one with decent production values picks another season of this again going forward, of course.
Apr 1, 2013 7:14 AM

Nov 2010
Poor Hosaka, poor poor Hosaka. He missed the chance in being the BBQ fairy :(
After being the curry fairy now he's the vegetable fairy as well to Chiaki

Till next season Minami-Ke! Bakayaro!
Apr 1, 2013 9:44 AM

Mar 2013
Such a great ending with everyone watching flowers together! (Except for Hosaka, he always fails to talk to Haruka :D)

Hoping for another season!
YozoraNoKoApr 1, 2013 10:04 AM
Apr 1, 2013 11:08 AM
Oct 2010
How can something this simple be so good?

I really can't get enough of this, too bad it had to end, I shall miss it.

LEGOF said:
Eh, interesting final episode. It was awesome seeing the cast collab together for once.
4 > 1 > 3 > 2
Best of them all, imo. 9/10 Reason 4 > 1 being is the artwork was spectacular.
I agree, the first one was hard to beat, but this one did it, imo.
AjunkyApr 1, 2013 11:17 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 1, 2013 5:21 PM
Mar 2013
Awesome episode. I loved the scene with Kana x Fujioka, I was so pissed that the confession got interrupted AGAIN!

The part where Fujioka kicks the ball at Kana made me laugh. Poor Fujioka, he never catches a break.

Chiaki looked so adorable in this episode. Kana also looked exceptionally pretty when she looked up at the sakura blossoms.

I'm glad that Hosaka showed up, but as usual he ends up all alone. Hopefully he'll meet Haruka someday or maybe realize that he should get together with Hayami.

There was very little Natsuki which sucks, but if there is a next season I hope he gets more screen time.

All in all, a very good season, can't wait for the next one. while I'm waiting, I'll be watching Hayate no Gotoku Cuties! when it comes out this spring.
Apr 1, 2013 9:55 PM

Jul 2011
I really liked this episode. It's almost as good as the first season's finale. For a slice of life anime this is what to be expected, and i don't get disappointed by it.

Kana was really smart, noticing how people who would say it's just between us, wouldn't really keep it a secret. And she used it to her advantage to spread the rumor to go flower viewing. Aww she is so innocent. I felt bad for her when she was waiting and about to cry. But was happy when her sisters got there. Gosh Haruka is such a nice and mature sister. Chiaki is alright, sometimes mean, but alright.

It was nice seeing everyone together, but sad that Hosaka didn't get to go lmao omg, poor guy.

Also I really thought this was the episode where there would be some discoveries.
And it really did seem like it, like Mako-"chan" getting discovered she is a boy, and Fujioka-kun finally confessing to Kana, and even Hosaka finding out Haruka's "daughters" are really her sisters. Its cute when he imagines them as little kids though.

Good anime, i really enjoyed it. 8/10 for moi.
Apr 1, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2010
I feel bad for Hosaka. The only one who was left out again.
Apr 1, 2013 10:38 PM

Jun 2010
nice ending. but this season was more like Hosaka-ke than Minami-ke for me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami-ke Tadaima Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 16, 2013

35 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Aug 9, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Tadaima Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babak159 - Feb 23, 2013

78 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Aug 8, 2023 10:43 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Tadaima Episode 7 Discussion

babak159 - Feb 16, 2013

38 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Aug 8, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Tadaima Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 26, 2013

56 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:10 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke Tadaima Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2013

47 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Aug 7, 2023 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.