Jul 2013
i've bought anime before and i try to stream shows legally
Jun 3, 2014 10:32 PM

Feb 2008
baki502 said:
IshokuOsero said:
I uh... yeah.

http://ishokuosero.tumblr.com/post/82107399580/april-2014

That's just the figure side of it. The manga in the pictures doesn't even start to describe how that, anime dvds, and other merch are like in my house.

Jezus Christ thats creepy. I dont know how Id feel if I walked into a buddys home and he had figurines of half dressed girls all over the place.

I mean I know its just a hobby and I shouldnt judge, but for me its simply the fact that anime characters dont translate well into the real world. So for me anime figures just look downright weird/creepy.

At least your covering for my streaming/torrenting ass too ^^.

I'm a girl. For some reason that changes it for some people. Weird how gender works. Don't know if you feel the same or not. =P

@donavannj - According to MFC the retail value of all my figurines is somewhere around 18,000USD. So there's that. Now just tack on shipping costs each month (I always EMS). Uh, yes. But this isn't all at once, I've been collecting for over six years now. Spare money that isn't going to bills and living expenses goes to my hobbies. Figures always come first, and then novels and games and other things below that. Some figures I've gotten free from friends or through figure photography contests.

@ThisNameSucks - I went out to California back in 2006 to go see Hyde in concert, this was before he came up with Vamps as the solo project official name. I got that Faith poster, along with a shirt, wristband, and a few other things from the merch table there! <3
Anime figure reviews:
Jun 4, 2014 8:58 AM

Apr 2012
IshokuOsero said:
baki502 said:
IshokuOsero said:
I uh... yeah.

http://ishokuosero.tumblr.com/post/82107399580/april-2014

That's just the figure side of it. The manga in the pictures doesn't even start to describe how that, anime dvds, and other merch are like in my house.

Jezus Christ thats creepy. I dont know how Id feel if I walked into a buddys home and he had figurines of half dressed girls all over the place.

I mean I know its just a hobby and I shouldnt judge, but for me its simply the fact that anime characters dont translate well into the real world. So for me anime figures just look downright weird/creepy.

At least your covering for my streaming/torrenting ass too ^^.

I'm a girl. For some reason that changes it for some people. Weird how gender works. Don't know if you feel the same or not. =P

That changes everything. You suddenly seem desirable^^. Simply because a woman that likes half naked female anime figurines must be pretty damn open minded and would probably never judge me for my hobbies and fetishes, and would be more open to try stuff out.
Jun 4, 2014 9:02 AM

Oct 2013
I'm currently buying the Hellsing mangas...

That is all
Jun 4, 2014 9:03 AM

Oct 2013
They'll still make shit loads of money without me.
Jun 4, 2014 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
Prochy said:
They'll still make shit loads of money without me.

Well, not shitloads. They have a revenue stream that looks like shit loads of money, but at the dubbing companies, that basically all goes into production, be it the licensing rights or the VA team and scriptwriters.

Being a Japanese publishing executive is where the money's at in the industry. Those people would make a shit load with or without the foreign licensing revenue, which to them is just the cherry sitting on top of the icing on the cake.

IshokuOsero said:

@donavannj - According to MFC the retail value of all my figurines is somewhere around 18,000USD. So there's that. Now just tack on shipping costs each month (I always EMS). Uh, yes. But this isn't all at once, I've been collecting for over six years now. Spare money that isn't going to bills and living expenses goes to my hobbies. Figures always come first, and then novels and games and other things below that. Some figures I've gotten free from friends or through figure photography contests.

well that changes everything I know that was a reply to Baki, but for me, how you approach obsessing over them would be my primary concern when judging how creepy the figurines hobby would be. Like whether the obsession is centered on drooling over raunchy outfits or if it is centered on collecting favorite characters (which are not mutually exclusive), for instance.

And $18,000?! That's enough to have bought a lower-end brand new car outright in cash! Sweet mercy! Or at least a good down payment on a well-equipped new Mustang or a low to mid range new Corvette. $18,000 over 6 years is still a lot of money. My own collection acquisition is spread out over 5 years.
Jun 4, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2013
i buy their stuff sometimes
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jun 4, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2013
I have CR premium and buy some of the better, 'high quality' stuff that I like, to encourage the industry to produce better anime. It's not much, but I like to think that I do what I can.
Jun 4, 2014 6:56 PM

Feb 2008
donavannj said:
IshokuOsero said:

well that changes everything I know that was a reply to Baki, but for me, how you approach obsessing over them would be my primary concern when judging how creepy the figurines hobby would be. Like whether the obsession is centered on drooling over raunchy outfits or if it is centered on collecting favorite characters (which are not mutually exclusive), for instance.

And $18,000?! That's enough to have bought a lower-end brand new car outright in cash! Sweet mercy! Or at least a good down payment on a well-equipped new Mustang or a low to mid range new Corvette. $18,000 over 6 years is still a lot of money. My own collection acquisition is spread out over 5 years.

Haha, I was joking for the first part to him. I'll never understand why for some fans it's creepy only if it's a guy collecting things, but if it's a girl, GASP, OH GOD SHE'S COOL. *shakes head* I'm not a creepass or anything. I don't have any ero figures, I collect adorable girls and I like sets so I tend to collect full sets if I get a figure and it's in one. My main parts of my collection are actually Touhou, Idolm@ster, and Vocaloid. I also have the BRS figures because they're badass to look at. I couldn't ever catch myself collecting stuff like Giga Pulse (they only do really raunchy ero figures). Not interested in seeing naked boobs and cum everywhere.

Yeah, it's a bit much, but it's over the course of years. I've been collecting for quite a while. I don't eat out or do much else in the way of going places or spending money, so that's where the disposable part of my income goes. Makes me smile so it is what it is.
Anime figure reviews:
Jun 4, 2014 10:40 PM
Jan 2013
I buy blu rays and dakimakuras.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2014 10:47 PM

Jun 2014
I don't really buy anything that I don't ever find myself needing (figures,keychains etc)
so I guess all I do for the industry is watch the anime, it wouldn't be made if nobody bothered watching it
Jun 4, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2014
I support buy watching and reading.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jun 9, 2016 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
I would really like to support the anime industry but it's just so hard for me. I am a huge pirate since I don't have much money. I am not interested in buying the DVD because I cant find the german subbed versions of my favourite anime (sometimes reading the eng sub is very hard for me) and even if I did I would have to buy them online, which I cant do myself because I'm underage. It would be cool if there would be a way to directly donate money. If there is please let me know I feel so bad for just streaming evrything illegal right now.

I am so annoyed by all the people in this thread not taking this topic seriously btw.
Jun 9, 2016 11:11 AM
Apr 2013
Yeah, like anything I'll ever do will make any difference whatsoever to the anime industry. Gimme a break.

TobiOrNotTobi said:
I support buy watching and reading.

Exactly, and talking to friends about it. And posting on MAL apart from anything else. Those things might well be more likely to have an influence than donating even $1,000,000 to some random guy in the industry.
Jun 9, 2016 11:14 AM

Mar 2014
I don't

Why?

Because I'd rather not support 1st world slavery
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 9, 2016 11:42 AM

Dec 2015
I download illegal subs and pray that enough other hardcore fans might buy stuff and that their support is enough. Also there is a lot shit that isn't even worth the support. (Boring anime I don't like.)
Jun 9, 2016 2:22 PM

Mar 2015
I buy some DVD's of anime I've greatly enjoyed and a few shirts involving the anime/characters. There isn't a high selection of merchandise of characters, else I would of bought a couple already.
Mar 25, 2017 8:40 AM
Jun 2015
There are many sources that I've been watching anime that supports the Industry and the Creators like...

1. Crunchyroll (I don't mind the Ads)
2. DVDs (Sometimes)
3. Netflix
4. Neon Alley (I also don't mind the Ads)
5. Hulu (but not anymore)
6. Funimation (but not anymore)
7. Daisuki.net
Mar 25, 2017 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
I buy manga every couple of weeks. I spend 160$ a month. I would like to buy more but I don't know what to buy.
Mar 25, 2017 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
i support the industry by disabling adblock
what
Mar 25, 2017 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
Figures and other silly merch. They're expensive.
Mar 25, 2017 6:31 PM

Jul 2013
I buy the occasional light novel and manga, rarely do I buy anime though.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Mar 25, 2017 10:14 PM

Mar 2016
Buying figurines or nendoroids...

Spreading that Anime title would help...

Or as a gamer, if that Anime has a Video Game, then go.
Mar 26, 2017 10:15 AM

Jun 2011
This post is really old, made back in 2013, and there's people are still commenting on it?

It's really interesting to have the opportunity of reading everyone's comments on how they support the anime industry, and also the few people who rather keep anime as a down low for them and don't really buy anything, but mainly just read and watch anime and manga, which is also fine as well.

A lot has changed for me since first writing this post, and I've gotten more insane. Since I'm serious about supporting the anime industry I love so much, I've spent $100+ on purchasing licensed anime movies and series of rightstuf, as well as spending even more money to start collecting legitimate anime merchandise from tapestries, to drawstring bags, and I've also recently started collecting anime figures as well.
Jun 17, 2017 2:35 PM
Jun 2017
I would like to support the anime industry but too bad the anime just don't come in my native language, only English sub and Japanese dub (and maybe sub, IDK)

Is buying non translated anime and then using an outsource sub considered as supporting, if not, I'll just stick with the free online anime/manga out there
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

43 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» Have you ever given up on major passions in your life? ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - May 1

55 by DesuMaiden »»
6 minutes ago

» MLB fans, share information with each other!

-YUMMY- - 46 minutes ago

1 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» What is the weather like in your region

ST63LTH - May 1

22 by Serafos »»
20 minutes ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - May 2

34 by -YUMMY- »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.