Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2013 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
Hey!
I know LOK isn't actually an anime, but still kinda looks like anime. Any of you guys know the release date of book 2, it's supposed to be on the 23th of march(tomorrow) but i need like solid proof.

Thanks fo the replies:)

IMD
Mar 22, 2013 1:42 PM

Oct 2010
lnvaderZmustDIE said:
Hey!
I know LOK isn't actually an anime, but still kinda looks like anime. Any of you guys know the release date of book 2, it's supposed to be on the 23th of march(tomorrow) but i need like solid proof.

IMD
I heard it's going to get released somewhere in April.
Mar 22, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2009
I just checked the TV guide for Nick for tomorrow from 9-12, and all I saw was Spongebob, so I'm guessing it won't be tomorrow
Mar 22, 2013 1:48 PM

Dec 2012
I consider Avatar a spiritual anime, since it was inspired by Japanese animation. It might have not been made in Japan, but if it was, it would of made 0 difference.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Mar 22, 2013 1:52 PM

May 2012
No official release date has been given. March 23rd is a load of bullocks
Mar 22, 2013 2:02 PM

Oct 2010
Some facts.

- the air date is still unknown, but is set for sometime in spring of 2013.
- book 2 will have 14 episodes
- there will be 4 books in total
- Tweets from producer and voice actors indicate release to be sometime in april.
Mar 22, 2013 2:41 PM

Mar 2013
I see thanks for the replies guys ;)
Mar 22, 2013 8:47 PM

Dec 2011
It is pretty cool to see a watchable American animated serie for once that isn't a crude comedy series or too 'cartoony'. This is the type of thing that is really good for us. Could lead to more respectful animated works being produced in the future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 11:44 PM
Mar 2013
am not heard any news like this.
Mar 22, 2013 11:49 PM

Jan 2013
I used to watch season 1 every week and if i missed it I'd watch online... But now our Nick channel got cancelled so I'm just gonna have to watch online..
Mar 23, 2013 4:31 AM

Mar 2013
Jovoo said:
I consider Avatar a spiritual anime, since it was inspired by Japanese animation. It might have not been made in Japan, but if it was, it would of made 0 difference.

There would be a *little* difference. For example, in my experience Japanese made anime have a different style of humour and generally put a lot more into their soundtracks. With LoK, the humour was quite obviously American-style cartoon humour and the soundtrack is small and not widely enjoyed outside of the show. Little difference, but more than 0 difference.
Apr 5, 2013 9:36 PM

Feb 2010
I cant wait for the new episodes. Its such an amazing show!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 5, 2013 9:38 PM

Feb 2011
lnvaderZmustDIE said:
Hey!

IMD

Tomorrow is the 23rd of March? Godamnit, I've time skipped again.

Also, can't wait, love LoK.
Apr 5, 2013 11:22 PM

Mar 2013
LoK is overflowing with anime tropes to the point that it could technically be considered an anime.

That being said, it's okay. I found it kinda hard to get into.
Apr 10, 2013 9:40 AM

Jul 2012
Scrodulus said:
Jovoo said:

There would be a *little* difference. For example, in my experience Japanese made anime have a different style of humour and generally put a lot more into their soundtracks. With LoK, the humour was quite obviously American-style cartoon humour and the soundtrack is small and not widely enjoyed outside of the show. Little difference, but more than 0 difference.

An interesting thing about LoK is the lack of exagerated expressions of fanservice used for comedy like in a lot of shonen anime. I like that fact.

In other news, I love LoK. WAY more than Avatar: The Last Airbender. Finally, an american show exists with a nearly complete story focus with very little adventure or unimportant episodes. Just pure story. I love that about LoK. Definitely looking forward to LoK coming out. I heard it was coming later this month, season 2 was.
LoK is going to be the first Nick show to be released on Bluray by the way. The DVD and Bluray releases are coming. You can preorder on amazon already, and the box art has already been revealed.
Apr 11, 2013 12:37 AM

May 2009
Battlechili1 said:

In other news, I love LoK. WAY more than Avatar: The Last Airbender. Finally, an american show exists with a nearly complete story focus with very little adventure or unimportant episodes. Just pure story. I love that about LoK.

Are you for real ? LoK had definitely more than enough "unimportant" episodes with a focus on the pro-bending matches and romantic relationships between the characters . Everything about Amon's past , his reason for his actions are wrapped up in one or two episodes. We never learn the history of equalists or how Amon took control of them. Hell, we don't even learn much about the past of protagonists either. Korra connects with the spirit of Aang and learns entering the Avatar state in five minutes or so which shouldn't have been so easy.

TLA had much better developed characters and plot devices compared to LoK. Sure, LoK is a pretty short series compared to TLA but it's a huge mistake to focus so much on the side stories rather than developing the main story and the characters. Then again it's not that surprising that happened since the script writers of the two shows are mostly different. Oh well, hopefully the second season will be better.

A comparison between TLA and LoK

bergilApr 11, 2013 12:57 AM
Apr 11, 2013 4:39 AM

Mar 2013
bergil said:

A comparison between TLA and LoK

I've seen that picture before. Utter crap.

Mako was hated by shippers mostly, not for being a legitimate douche.
I can agree with the Bolin part a *little*, but he was still useful, not "just a clown".
Korra was "weak and unsure" when her fucking bending got taken away from her. Then it came back, and she wasn't, so... yeah, that's dumb.
Now, as for Asami, she never stopped being "part of the team". She had a pretty big confrontation with her father and helped quite a bit. She was active as a character for pretty much the whole way through.
Apr 11, 2013 5:33 AM

Jul 2012
bergil said:
Battlechili1 said:

In other news, I love LoK. WAY more than Avatar: The Last Airbender. Finally, an american show exists with a nearly complete story focus with very little adventure or unimportant episodes. Just pure story. I love that about LoK.

Are you for real ? LoK had definitely more than enough "unimportant" episodes with a focus on the pro-bending matches and romantic relationships between the characters . Everything about Amon's past , his reason for his actions are wrapped up in one or two episodes. We never learn the history of equalists or how Amon took control of them. Hell, we don't even learn much about the past of protagonists either. Korra connects with the spirit of Aang and learns entering the Avatar state in five minutes or so which shouldn't have been so easy.

TLA had much better developed characters and plot devices compared to LoK. Sure, LoK is a pretty short series compared to TLA but it's a huge mistake to focus so much on the side stories rather than developing the main story and the characters. Then again it's not that surprising that happened since the script writers of the two shows are mostly different. Oh well, hopefully the second season will be better.

I am for real. A focus on relationships is extremely important, and in my opinion, is a very big part of a storyline. I don't like how TLA was filled with adventure episodes, and it was also a bit more child oriented. Korra managed to present itself in a more mature manner, had better art, and was quicker on the story. I suppose the quick story also means a loss of development of characters and such, but I'm ok with that as long as I get a full story.
Apr 11, 2013 6:05 AM

May 2009
Battlechili1 said:
bergil said:
Battlechili1 said:

I am for real. A focus on relationships is extremely important, and in my opinion, is a very big part of a storyline. I don't like how TLA was filled with adventure episodes, and it was also a bit more child oriented. Korra managed to present itself in a more mature manner, had better art, and was quicker on the story. I suppose the quick story also means a loss of development of characters and such, but I'm ok with that as long as I get a full story.

If by full story you mean all of the main plot is handled in one episode or so then it's no surprise that you like LoK more.
Besides, there is a difference between having a focus on relationships in the plot and dedicating almost entire plot or episode to relationships. TLA's plot development had perfect balance with both plot oriented episodes and solely "adventure" episodes with relationships developing in between.
I also don't see how TLA was more child oriented compared to LoK. TLA had betrayal, death, wisdom and a multi-dimensional antagonist who goes through a great change during the series. We don't see almost any of those qualities in the children's shows today. Even LoK didn't have most of those. In LoK only Amon and his brother died at the end as I recall and even though Amon was a pretty intimidating character he was pretty much an one-dimensional antagonist and developed very little during the series. I don't see how LoK can be more mature. Just having a character like Iroh makes TLA more mature than LoK.

It seems to me you like romance oriented plots and shows which have a plot that develops quickly and cuts to the chase with skipping the "adventure" and in LoK's case important plot developments. You didn't respond to my other criticisms about LoK btw, but that's not important.
bergilApr 11, 2013 6:12 AM
Apr 11, 2013 6:47 AM

Oct 2012
I read it was being released in summer 2013 as I'm Australian and the world doesn't revolve around my country I don't know when that is .. but regardless I'm excited for it, it was on par maybe with TLA but LoK Might be slightly worse, but as I haven't watched it all and it's only been one book I can't really comment too much on it the first book was good.
Apr 11, 2013 8:41 AM

Mar 2013
I did enjoy LoK, but not as much as TLA. First of all, when did firebending prodigies become so common that they managed to recruit enough of them to work at a factory assembly line, using their lightningbending to make Satomobiles? But wait, there's more - my real gripe is with the direction the story took towards the end of Book 1, namely

Then again, Mike and Bryan never planned for there to be a second season, so I can sort of understand why they felt pressured to tie up all the loose plot threads by the end of Book 1. Nevertheless, I hope they bring back Aaron Ehasz to write for Book 2. Let's face it, we have him to thank for most of TLA's awesomeness. If it wasn't for him, Toph would have been a foul-mouthed, muscly, teenage (male) jock.
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

Apr 11, 2013 9:34 AM

May 2009
Imanza said:
I did enjoy LoK, but not as much as TLA. First of all, when did firebending prodigies become so common that they managed to recruit enough of them to work at a factory assembly line, using their lightningbending to make Satomobiles? But wait, there's more - my real gripe is with the direction the story took towards the end of Book 1, namely

Then again, Mike and Bryan never planned for there to be a second season, so I can sort of understand why they felt pressured to tie up all the loose plot threads by the end of Book 1. Nevertheless, I hope they bring back Aaron Ehasz to write for Book 2. Let's face it, we have him to thank for most of TLA's awesomeness. If it wasn't for him, Toph would have been a foul-mouthed, muscly, teenage (male) jock.

As far as I know ıt was planned that LoK will be more than one season before the show aired. They even told that there will be a different villain every season.

Book 2 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qgUupqxhTMs
bergilApr 11, 2013 9:38 AM
Apr 11, 2013 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
Nick may be the producers but majority of the animation was done in japan and korea.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 11, 2013 9:46 AM

Aug 2012
I think she will learn the advancement of each bending ability
lightning, metal, blood, and ???

and surpass aang...
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 11, 2013 9:59 AM

May 2009
Zee530 said:
Nick may be the producers but majority of the animation was done in japan and korea.

Only korea as far as I know.

Ghostony said:
I think she will learn the advancement of each bending ability
lightning, metal, blood, and ???

and surpass aang...

She already surpassed Aang by learniing to enterthe Avatar state in five minutes.
bergilApr 11, 2013 10:03 AM
Apr 11, 2013 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
bergil said:

If by full story you mean all of the main plot is handled in one episode or so then it's no surprise that you like LoK more.
Besides, there is a difference between having a focus on relationships in the plot and dedicating almost entire plot or episode to relationships. TLA's plot development had perfect balance with both plot oriented episodes and solely "adventure" episodes with relationships developing in between.
I also don't see how TLA was more child oriented compared to LoK. TLA had betrayal, death, wisdom and a multi-dimensional antagonist who goes through a great change during the series. We don't see almost any of those qualities in the children's shows today. Even LoK didn't have most of those. In LoK only Amon and his brother died at the end as I recall and even though Amon was a pretty intimidating character he was pretty much an one-dimensional antagonist and developed very little during the series. I don't see how LoK can be more mature. Just having a character like Iroh makes TLA more mature than LoK.

It seems to me you like romance oriented plots and shows which have a plot that develops quickly and cuts to the chase with skipping the "adventure" and in LoK's case important plot developments. You didn't respond to my other criticisms about LoK btw, but that's not important.

Romance is fine by me, but really I just want story. Romance subplots I enjoy as well, but a romance story itself I don't think I would. Also, sorry I didn't respond to others. As far as pro-bending goes, I feel like that was a nice way to show more of Korra's personality by wanting to go to do that sport despite being told not to. It also gave Korra an excuse to find and spend time with the one she had a crush on and deal with relationships. (I'm not good with names) But yes, I do very much want shows to get straight to the story and develop quickly. It takes up less time and allows things to build up fast enough for me to get excited with "What's going to happen next?" and then soon after and see what happens next.
I can't comment too much on TLA, though, so I can't say too much on its maturity since I've only seen a few episodes of it. (Strangely, the first couple episodes, a random episode or two in the middle, and the last episode) I have yet to actually watch from beginning to end TLA, but the idea of training episodes and adventure seems to keep it from its potential, I think. However,LoK did deal heavily in relationships, in right and wrong, in politics, had death at the end in a very dramatic way, and had characters experience loss. I do know TLA had some of that, but all the adventure and stuff seems to make all that few and far between.
Apr 11, 2013 10:31 AM

May 2009
Battlechili1 said:
bergil said:

Romance is fine by me, but really I just want story. Romance subplots I enjoy as well, but a romance story itself I don't think I would. Also, sorry I didn't respond to others. As far as pro-bending goes, I feel like that was a nice way to show more of Korra's personality by wanting to go to do that sport despite being told not to. It also gave Korra an excuse to find and spend time with the one she had a crush on and deal with relationships. (I'm not good with names) But yes, I do very much want shows to get straight to the story and develop quickly. It takes up less time and allows things to build up fast enough for me to get excited with "What's going to happen next?" and then soon after and see what happens next.
I can't comment too much on TLA, though, so I can't say too much on its maturity since I've only seen a few episodes of it. (Strangely, the first couple episodes, a random episode or two in the middle, and the last episode) I have yet to actually watch from beginning to end TLA, but the idea of training episodes and adventure seems to keep it from its potential, I think. However,LoK did deal heavily in relationships, in right and wrong, in politics, had death at the end in a very dramatic way, and had characters experience loss. I do know TLA had some of that, but all the adventure and stuff seems to make all that few and far between.

So, you haven't actually watched TLA yet you believe LoK is better compared to it , and you are basing your assumptions on the few episodes you have seen. In that case this whole discussion is pointless and I suggest you to watch both shows before you compare them. Finally, there are no training episodes in TLA and everything develops within the plot as it should be.
Apr 11, 2013 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
I suppose I shouldn't make much argument then since I haven't seen all of TLA, however, as far as training goes, that is very much existent in TLA. Aang has to go from nation to nation to learn the elements since the only one he is good at is air.
I clearly remember that much. He looks for teachers to teach him water bending and earth bending at least, if I remember correctly. That is clearly training. Korra required little training since she already had a mastery of fire, water, and earth.
Apr 11, 2013 10:47 AM

May 2009
Battlechili1 said:
I suppose I shouldn't make much argument then since I haven't seen all of TLA, however, as far as training goes, that is very much existent in TLA. Aang has to go from nation to nation to learn the elements since the only one he is good at is air.
I clearly remember that much. He looks for teachers to teach him water bending and earth bending at least, if I remember correctly. That is clearly training. Korra required little training since she already had a mastery of fire, water, and earth.

As they say, the important thing is the journey's itself not the destination. Aang doesn't just go to from nation to nation to train. He does many things like helping others, fighting bad guys, making new friends and enemies, etc.These are all parts of a whole, ypu can't seperate one from each other.
Apr 11, 2013 4:55 PM

Mar 2013
bergil said:
As far as I know ıt was planned that LoK will be more than one season before the show aired. They even told that there will be a different villain every season.

Oh, I was told Nickelodeon ordered a second season towards the end of the production process of the first season, so they didn't have much time (if any) to go back and rework what they already had. I must go and confirm this...

Battlechili1 said:

I feel like it's a bit unfair to suggest that LoK is better because of the lack of "training" in it, since the only reason they made Korra master the elements so quickly was precisely because Aang's story revolved around learning all the elements in time and they couldn't go down that same path again. Besides, the "training" in TLA is part of the plot itself and (in my opinion, anyway) was handled artfully - they made it entertaining and it contributed a lot to both the plot and the character development of not only Aang, but everyone who helped him along the way. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they have in store for Korra in the next Book, so that we begin to have a suitable point of comparison between her journey and Aang's.

As a side note, here is an interesting article which analyses the finer points of the Book 1 story. Fanboys beware, you'll find no solace in these waters.
http://chirart.tumblr.com/post/25991175534/how-you-can-have-a-bunch-of-great-ideas-but-still-fuck

ImanzaApr 11, 2013 4:58 PM
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kendrick Lamar vs Drake... who's winning?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 5

12 by Dumb »»
52 minutes ago

» K-drama thread

tsukareru - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Zettaiken »»
60 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7648 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
1 hour ago

» Non anime Japanese Movies recommendations

Akuho993 - Today

7 by BitChilly »»
3 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3415 by Ricchan__ »»
Yesterday, 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.