Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Series is over! :(

Damn, intense fight in the beginning was intense. Meh, too bad Akane interfered there. That driving scene was kinda cool, nice shot Akane. Nailed it.

BANG. Wow, there goes Makishima Shougo.

Okay, overall episode was nice imo and so was the series. 8/10. Hmm, I'm curious about a season 2 in the future if possible.
>SIBYL SYSTEM CONTINUES

Badass Gino with no glasses = badass
Stark700Mar 21, 2013 9:32 AM
Mar 21, 2013 9:28 AM

Dec 2009

Kougami X Akane moment

Kougami did manage to kill Makishima at the end, and Kougami disappeared...

( that piano background music...)

and I do feel bad for Ginoza ...
-Riri-Mar 21, 2013 10:16 AM
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Mar 21, 2013 9:30 AM

Apr 2009
I was going to bitch about some of it, but...

Series redeemed.
AmarrezMar 21, 2013 9:37 AM
Mar 21, 2013 9:31 AM
Dec 2012
The first half was thrilling.
Mar 21, 2013 9:35 AM

Aug 2012
So moe~

Saw the livestream, didn't understand much of the second part but what a great show overall. 8/10
BrownSlushMar 21, 2013 9:49 AM
Mar 21, 2013 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
Don't want to sound boastful, but I am happy I called it in some certainty that THE SYBIL SYSTEM WILL STAY ON.

Also predicted Makishima will probably go.

So I am HAPPY.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 21, 2013 9:41 AM

Sep 2008
BrownSlush said:
So moe~
*Your picture*
Saw the livestream, didn't understand much of the second part but what a great show overall. 8/10

Please hide that spoiler!!

So wait, will there be season 2? I'm really looking forward to it...
(I knew that this season can't just end with the termination of Sibyl System, otherwise it will be too rushed. )

*Edit*
My full review is in my blog. XD
ShoutaAzumaMar 23, 2013 7:14 AM
Mar 21, 2013 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
Don't want to sound boastful, but I am happy I called it in some certainty that THE SYBIL SYSTEM WILL STAY ON. Also predicted Makishima will probably go. HAPPY.

Not so fast ;) I heard somewhere that there was hint about the wheat virus spreading regardless
Did not watch it yet. But did all the character's statuses I predict turned out exactly true? :D
Mar 21, 2013 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
Not so fast ;) I heard somewhere that there was hint about the wheat virus spreading regardless
Does not change the fact that the system stays on at the point where the anime ends, right? ;-)

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 21, 2013 9:50 AM

Nov 2009
The new inspector is Shimotsuki from the Ouso Academy.

Great ending. I'm still frustrated that

5/5 for the episode
9/10 for the anime
Mar 21, 2013 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
Does not change the fact that the system stays on at the point where the anime ends, right? ;-)

Ofc, we both guessed that xD
If the rumor is true, then I'm right about the open-ended cliffhanger ha :))
Mar 21, 2013 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
Well, there was "Sibyl System Continues" line at the very end so it could be possible for either a movie, season 2, or something else.
Mar 21, 2013 10:08 AM

Apr 2009
You guys shouldn't complain about spoilers in the episode discussion thread, honestly.
Mar 21, 2013 10:09 AM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:
Well, there was "Sibyl System Continues" line at the very end so it could be possible for either a movie, season 2, or something else.

It depends on the Blu-ray sales. Unfortunately, I heard that the sale is so-so for Pyscho-Pass. There's still a chance that it will be extremely popular in the West, as Western fans seem to have more interest in cyberpunk anime from Japan (think Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion). Then, Production I.G may get some healthy royalties from Funimation, assuming royalty is part of their licensing contract.
Mar 21, 2013 10:20 AM

Mar 2013
I wasn't quite sure what I was expecting for an ending, and although I didn't absolutely love it, it did satisfy me well enough. Of course, I'd be much more satisfied if there was a season 2. ;p
wheelockMay 4, 2015 1:28 PM
Mar 21, 2013 10:22 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
The Japanese text is more intriguing. It says "正義(システム)の連鎖、終わらない" meaning "The Chain of Justice (System) does not end".

ThangLong said:
It depends on the Blu-ray sales. Unfortunately, I heard that the sale is so-so for Pyscho-Pass.
Where did you hear that? Psycho-Pass actually sold pretty well. Not the top tier, but quite decent. And the sales has been quite consistent from volume to volume too.

Mar 21, 2013 10:23 AM
Jun 2009
ThangLong said:
Stark700 said:

It depends on the Blu-ray sales. Unfortunately, I heard that the sale is so-so for Pyscho-Pass. There's still a chance that it will be extremely popular in the West, as Western fans seem to have more interest in cyberpunk anime from Japan (think Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion). Then, Production I.G may get some healthy royalties from Funimation, assuming royalty is part of their licensing contract.

Except Evangelion is one of the most popular anime series in Japan. I doubt this is getting a sequel though, it's no flop but it doesn't exactly print money either.
Mar 21, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
Trisection said:
ThangLong said:
There's still a chance that it will be extremely popular in the West, as Western fans seem to have more interest in cyberpunk anime from Japan (think Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion). Then, Production I.G may get some healthy royalties from Funimation, assuming royalty is part of their licensing contract.
Except Evangelion is one of the most popular anime series in Japan.
How come I never get any feeling that Evangelion is a cyberpunk anime? Dystopian Sci-fi, sure; Cyberpunk? Don't think so.

Mar 21, 2013 10:29 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:

ThangLong said:
It depends on the Blu-ray sales. Unfortunately, I heard that the sale is so-so for Pyscho-Pass.
Where did you hear that? Psycho-Pass actually sold pretty well. Not the top tier, but quite decent. And the sales has been quite consistent from volume to volume too.

Really? Good to know. Maybe I skimed over Psycho-pass numbers in news thread xD
Mar 21, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
^ Yeah, it sold 9.5k for its vol.1, making into the Oricon chart for 8 weeks. The latest vol.3 also has sold 9.2k. You should spend more time on the BD/DVD Sales thread in the News Section - you will see me a lot there XD

I really wonder where you heard that Psycho-Pass' sales is so-so.....

Mar 21, 2013 10:38 AM
Dec 2012
Kogami gives no f**ks about the Sybil System.

He goes on to do the damn thing.

On another note, I'm glad that the ending was as unpredictable as it was. I actually came out feeling sorry for Makishima.

Gino's a boss now. Turns out that all he needed was to lose the glasses. Akane's a boss now and hasn't even been apart of the force for a year.

Kogami is a wolf. Wonder what he'll do next, though. According to his busy reading, I doubt he'll stand by and enjoy life.
Mar 21, 2013 10:44 AM

Feb 2012
I wonder how many different ending they had to this episodes, That ending hints towards a season 2? I hope so.... Loved the "Swans way" by marcel proust at the end meaning Kogami must be having those sleepless nights
Mar 21, 2013 10:47 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:

I really wonder where you heard that Psycho-Pass' sales is so-so.....

Let's say I heard it from some guys in some forums, and we can leave it at that ;)

symbv said:
How come I never get any feeling that Evangelion is a cyberpunk anime? Dystopian Sci-fi, sure; Cyberpunk? Don't think so.

So you don't think Angels and Evas are cyborgs. That's blasphemy lol. Admittedly, I used the term pretty generally, but it does not change my point. That being said, can we get back to discussing Pyscho-pass, forum officer?! Lol
Mar 21, 2013 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
Posting in an epic thread.

It seemed to be presented just like a loop regarding the first episode and the most obvious framing of this season. Psycho-Pass is the sheer pick out of an inifite pool of stories and happenings in it's respective universe. I'm tied to hear so many other stories related to it and if not, our minds can think of enough things to make up.

Series 9/10, maybe will go down to 8/10
Mar 21, 2013 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
So you don't think Angels and Evas are cyborgs. That's blasphemy lol. Admittedly, I used the term pretty generally, but it does not change my point. l
One key feature of cyberpunk is 'high tech low life" meaning you have easily available gadgets of advanced technology but yet the streets are grim and gritty with a film-noir atmosphere. Psycho-Pass fits that, so is Blade Runner. Don't think Evangelion fits that. And your point will be better conveyed if you said "dystopia sci-fi" I guess.

ThangLong said:
That being said, can we get back to discussing Pyscho-pass, forum officer?! Lo
I did mention Psycho-Pass above, see?

Mar 21, 2013 10:54 AM
Nov 2011
Man, that was awesome!!I loved the season finale!
Is incredible how they can fill in 2-4 minutes so much character development.
It was quite ironical how Akane behaved in front of the newbie just like Ginoza did with her in the first episode, and how Ginoza went down his Dad´s road as an enforcer. Guess it´s true the saying "the more you complain about something, the more you´ll end experiencing it". A + for that.

Wonder where Kogami is...I hope there´s a movie or a second season!
"Often times words are uttered that stand directly opposed to what the heart is feeling. I believe, in spite o whatever harsh words are spoken, the concealed heart wants to embrace everyone"
Mar 21, 2013 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
I really liked Akane's development throughout the show. At first she blindly followed the Sibyl System and now, while she still follows the System, she knows the system is broken and is quite badass when she has to handle with it. Wish I could say the same for Kougami. For someone who was supposed to be the face of the show he was awfully one-dimensional and not that very interesting at all.
Mar 21, 2013 10:57 AM

May 2010
I somehow don't know what I think about this episode. On the one side I thought it was good but then there were scenes where I just thought why.
For example Kougami shot Makishima. Yeah of course that's what he wanted to do but wouldn't he have died anyway because his injuries were so bad. I don't know it just did not feel right for me.
I think it's good that the new Inspector is a character we already know and not just some random one. (Even though I did not realize it at first.)
I somehow expected more deaths and action but I'ts good that not everyone died at the end.
And there is hope for a next season, too. But I actually hoped for OVA's or something like that that feature the old team. I am still kind of upset that we don't know much about Kagaris past and then he also died so early.. Also something about Akanes family or Gino's mother would be nice to know.
There may be some dissapointments for me but overall I really liked Psycho Pass. I think I was never awaiting a new episode of an Anime so much and were so excited throughtout it.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention something. Did I understand it right that Sibyl wants to make their true face public?
giuli94Mar 21, 2013 11:05 AM
Mar 21, 2013 11:06 AM

Dec 2009
I liked the epilogue.

Too bad I never felt Psycho Pass did a good job. It will land on a 4/10. Good ideas, poor execution.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 21, 2013 11:10 AM

Dec 2012
^ It sure is a pretty tough score. I'm thinking about 9 or 10, depending on how I feel about the ending
Mar 21, 2013 11:12 AM
Apr 2010
Open-end, possibly a Movie, but for me the ending seemed like pretty wrap-up. But still, kinda left-disheartened about how it ended though. And that Last-punchline, "Sybil still continues" pretty much a conclusion point.
Mar 21, 2013 11:13 AM

Aug 2011
giuli94 said:

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention something. Did I understand it right that Sibyl wants to make their true face public?

Yes
Mar 21, 2013 11:14 AM
Apr 2010
giuli94 said:

Yes, they are intending to stabilize their whole system and jurisdiction in the future.
Mar 21, 2013 11:15 AM

Sep 2010
Hell yeah Shion and Yayoi action does that mean its canon?

Well anyways I'm glad neither Akane nor Kogami died. Feels like there should be more than this though.

8/10 great series, but some very boring moments.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 21, 2013 11:17 AM
Oct 2012
Great series.. Well, I hope there will be a season 2.
Mar 21, 2013 11:20 AM

Apr 2011
I don't understand why so many people wonder if Kougami is alive? He really is, he just can't show up because sybil will eliminate him. Or am I wrong?
Mar 21, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2010
Thanks. Then I have another point that I did not like. It makes Kagaris death totally useless because it was the sole reason for them to kill him. Or do they want to wait until everyone just accepts it. But this makes no sense there will always be people who disagree..
Mar 21, 2013 11:21 AM
Feb 2013
Such a great anime with such an anti-climatic ending. Very disappointed.
Mar 21, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2011
giuli94 said:
Thanks. Then I have another point that I did not like. It makes Kagaris death totally useless because it was the sole reason for them to kill him. Or do they want to wait until everyone just accepts it. But this makes no sense there will always be people who disagree..

At this time Sibyl was quite unsure what their next step supposed to be and after the evaluation of Kagari knowing their secret, they decided they cannot maintain their order and goals as long as he's alive. That's what I would assume.
Mar 21, 2013 11:25 AM
Aug 2011
I'm just going to have to mull over this ending for a few days because right now I'm not sure what I think about it.

It's just screaming season 2 and while I do want to see everyone again I still don't know...

Mika is Akane #2
Kougami is Makishima #2
Gino is Masaoka #2 (though Gino can only wish to be as awesome his Pop)
Kagari is irreplaceable!!

AuronPond said:
Kogami gives no f**ks about the Sybil System.

more like Yayoi and Shion give no f**ks about the Sybil System, their fucks are given elsewhere. ;o

Nothing unexpected about Makishima.
Why is it that he looks prettier during his last moments (aside from all the bleeding)?
Running through a field and that BGM were not helping either.

I'm grateful for all the Akane growth.

Like I said, iffy on the ending but I very much enjoyed this ride though.
Mar 21, 2013 11:25 AM

Jun 2012
How to start this post....

If there's one thing about Psycho Pass I can say, it's that the show didn't use the time it was given efficiently. It spent far too much of it on world building and not enough on character and plot development. Take Ginoza, 3/4 of the series he's an unlikable douche who's horrible at his job and then slowly tries to redeem himself in the last 1/4. Then the finale occurs and I'm supposed to feel satisfied at his sudden development into an Enforcer reminiscent of his dad? I'm sorry but I didn't bite. There was just a lot of untapped potential like the use of Yayoi and Shion this entire show

The most well done part of the show was Akane's characte development. Even then it baffles my mind how she can still believe in Sibyl after all of this; she knows keeping Sibyl a secret is just a temporary solution akin to duct tape but Akane's doing it anyway. As for Kogami, his story arc concluded in a bleh way for me. Where he is after this show ends does not feel satisfactory at all. Psycho Pass is stopping in medias res for Kogami's character development

For me this felt like a mid-season finale of a 40 episode show instead of a series finale for a 22 episode show. I'm hoping for a Season 2 but not because I thought this show was amazing and I want more as it should be. It's to finish the developments Psycho Pass only hints at. Overall, a 7/10

Lastly, dat Yuri fanservice! Shion x Yayoi : P
HybridMBLMar 21, 2013 11:39 AM
Mar 21, 2013 11:33 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I had a slight feeling that it would end up open ended. I think Urobuchi made the right decision to do so, because the problem with Sibyl system is a complicated one, and it's not like everything will be solved without it. The ending reminds me a lot of Higashi no Eden. Sure there's no mind-blowing ending, but it's a good ending. I like it ^^

As always, Akane said some interesting things, like how the law doesn't protect people, but the people protect the law. And although I never really loved or hated Makishima, I definitely felt sympathetic towards his death :( I shed a few tears during that scene. Also, wow, Gino's changed quite a lot. He sounds much kinder when he speaks, and I really cried at the scene at Masaoka's grave ;_; I like him without his glasses. Now the only thing I'm kind of wondering is the part with Yayoi and Shion? Idk it just seemed kind of random to me :/ is there some sort of significance in that scene?

Btw, has anyone read Swann's End (or that book that was shown in the end?) I searched it up, but I found Swann's Way. I'm not sure if that's the same thing...if it's an allusion to a real book, I think it would be interesting to look at the connection of that with the ending of Psycho Pass.
Mar 21, 2013 11:36 AM
Apr 2010
In the end, it was all about "Hope" then. No more Original IP's in Spring 2013, i guess. *sigh
Mar 21, 2013 11:38 AM

Dec 2012
Guys, this is a lot better then Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom's ending. Let's just glad that Urobotcher has improved and given us one of his happiest endings to date xD
Mar 21, 2013 11:43 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
Let's just glad that Urobotcher has improved and given us one of his happiest endings to date xD
Indeed, I have expected a lot worse, starting with Akane's brain inside the system for example.

Mar 21, 2013 11:45 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
symbv said:
ThangLong said:
Let's just glad that Urobotcher has improved and given us one of his happiest endings to date xD
Indeed, I have expected a lot worse, starting with Akane's brain inside the system for example.

Haha I totally thought that was going to happen too! o_O
Mar 21, 2013 11:45 AM

Sep 2010
ThangLong said:
Guys, this is a lot better then Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom's ending. Let's just glad that Urobotcher has improved and given us one of his happiest endings to date xD

He is saving all the heartbreaking stuffs for Suisei no Gargantia thats starting next month. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 21, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
I'm curious why Kogami was kept alive. o.O

Just a hunch, but there may be a chance that Kogami may someday become like Makishima. Though I think the chances are small, I still think that the possibility still exists because they understood each other so well and Kogami is left in solitude now without his existence. Though I don't think Sibyl system would want Kogami as much as they wanted Makishima so the events may not repeat itself again like before.

I did enjoy how they introduced the new Inspector and Akane used similar dialogue that Ginoza used until the end when Akane tells her to be wary of the system when it's judgement seems wrong.
Mar 21, 2013 11:47 AM

Jun 2009
WHUT i thought akane's brain was gunna be part of the system!
haha but i guess it was an okay ending to open up for possible OVA/ movie!
and i loved this series and I'm still kind of curious about Yayoi and the blonde chick .....
kagari omg :( so many things untold love this guy!!!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Mar 21, 2013 11:48 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
ThangLong said:

Yea, instead of having her brain in a jar, she's grown to be an even sexier babe. It cannot be better than that
ThangLongMar 21, 2013 12:25 PM
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.