Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2013 5:56 PM

Jan 2013
I really hate whenever somebody's memory is being tampered with whether it's the MC or someone close to the MC like in the fullbring arc of Bleach or when some villain or random person steals the identity of the MC. Not sure why but it just really annoys me.

Not to mention rape/ touching without consent (SAO 2nd arc villain really pissed me off).

So what themes/events that happen in animes do you dislike/hate?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2013 6:04 PM

Sep 2012
What, you dislike rape?
Mar 17, 2013 6:14 PM

Apr 2011
I like rape scenes and all those kind of stuff, they make the plot more interesting (SAO is an exception since I could care less).
I hate MC who is always getting beated up by the common irritating tsundere character (ZnT for example).
Also I don't really like harem or love triangles, I still can tolerate some love triangles if the male lead has his own opinion in the case and know what's happening (OreShura is a bad example).
I dislike a lot of others things that will induce me to drop it but I guess that's my most hated scenarios.
Mar 17, 2013 6:22 PM

Nov 2012
shoujo romcoms. not funny most of the time; practically no romance ends up going on either. It's just filler in most cases, which pisses me off.
Mar 17, 2013 6:24 PM
Oct 2012
Aincrad2013 said:

Female hero built up to be strong, and then only serving as a "damsel" to be saved by the male hero.

In animation: code breaker, Mondaitachi, and Magi are three recent examples that when it occurred I stopped watching.

It's not that I dislike the male hero aspect, that pretty much is a meme, but more when they build up the female character just to have her swoon over the hero.
Mar 17, 2013 6:33 PM

Jul 2012
1.Depressing demonic sacrafice,
2.A creature escaping from the underworld and heroes trying tookill it,
3.a girl rockband
4. a highscool with one gender
5. a guy & 10 girls must save the world
6. a guy & 9 girls must save the world
7. 1 on 1 fighting for an hour
8. when a guy gets mad he becomes a demon
9. there actually 2 genders omg
10. some type of tar like monster is killing and possessing people.
11. Kids being experimented on too do evil
Mar 17, 2013 6:46 PM
Mar 2013
Aincrad2013 said:
Not to mention rape/ touching without consent (SAO 2nd arc villain really pissed me off).

Although I usually dislike the distressing/uncomfortable feelings I get from some anime scenes (including rape ones), I have to admit they give a very good atmosphere and build the villianous character incredibly well. I mean, the villian is supposed to be hated, so why not use rape?
Anime in which the main character begins as a weakling and grows stronger physically but not mentally kind of irritates me as well. Katekyo Hitman Reborn has a sense of that.

EDIT: I would just like to put it out there that tentacles make me shiver violently.
EvilIntentionsMar 17, 2013 6:53 PM
One day I will have an awesome signature. One day.
Mar 17, 2013 6:53 PM

Apr 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Aincrad2013 said:

Female hero built up to be strong, and then only serving as a "damsel" to be saved by the male hero.

In animation: code breaker, Mondaitachi, and Magi are three recent examples that when it occurred I stopped watching.

It's not that I dislike the male hero aspect, that pretty much is a meme, but more when they build up the female character just to have her swoon over the hero.

Yeah Sakura roll from Code:Breaker kinda annoyed me.
Mar 17, 2013 6:55 PM

Nov 2012
One loser of a guy guy with 50 girls after him. He has no redeemable qualities, he's not funny, desirable, rich, interesting, NOTHING, but everyone wants a slice of him.

I hate it.

Mar 17, 2013 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
Ellamenopea said:
One loser of a guy guy with 50 girls after him. He has no redeemable qualities, he's not funny, desirable, rich, interesting, NOTHING, but everyone wants a slice of him.

I hate it.

That's the main reasons I hate harem.
Mar 17, 2013 7:05 PM

Sep 2012
Ellamenopea said:

I hate it.

Feminist.
Mar 17, 2013 7:08 PM
Jun 2009
Friendship powerups. I mean, really. They were actually sort of cool the first time I saw them in some shounen show, but after the second or sixth time? Not so much.
Mar 17, 2013 7:09 PM

Nov 2012
Litrydow said:
Ellamenopea said:

I hate it.

Feminist.

I hate over-the-top harem anime with a stupid amount of female love interests, that doesn't make me a feminist. Nice try, though.

Mar 17, 2013 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Coolspot said:
1.Depressing demonic sacrafice,
2.A creature escaping from the underworld and heroes trying tookill it,
3.a girl rockband
4. a highscool with one gender
5. a guy & 10 girls must save the world
6. a guy & 9 girls must save the world
7. 1 on 1 fighting for an hour
8. when a guy gets mad he becomes a demon
9. there actually 2 genders omg
10. some type of tar like monster is killing and possessing people.
11. Kids being experimented on too do evil

this is a list of things that annoy me. Wouldn't go so far as hate them as some of them turn out decent.
Mar 17, 2013 7:11 PM

Sep 2012
Ellamenopea said:
Litrydow said:
Ellamenopea said:

I hate it.

Feminist.

I hate over-the-top harem anime with a stupid amount of female love interests, that doesn't make me a feminist. Nice try, though.

But you must love a reverse harem.
Mar 17, 2013 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
Obelius said:
Friendship powerups. I mean, really. They were actually sort of cool the first time I saw them in some shounen show, but after the second or sixth time? Not so much.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Mind giving examples from shows?
Mar 17, 2013 7:15 PM

Jan 2013
Litrydow said:
Ellamenopea said:
Litrydow said:
Ellamenopea said:

I hate it.

Feminist.

Is there such a thing? O.o The only one even close to it that I can think of is B Gata H Kei where she tries to sleep with thousands of guys but end up with just one guy...
Mar 17, 2013 7:16 PM
May 2010
Aincrad2013 said:
Litrydow said:
Ellamenopea said:
Litrydow said:
Ellamenopea said:

I hate it.

Feminist.

Is there such a thing? O.o The only one even close to it that I can think of is B Gata H Kei where she tries to sleep with thousands of guys but end up with just one guy...

http://myanimelist.net/anime/853/Ouran_Koukou_Host_Club
Worships Asparagus.
Mar 17, 2013 7:18 PM

Dec 2012
hmmmm...My personal opinion doesn't really matter but I think that we all agree with these.. specially us(girls)

1. Harem with no justification

2. WHEN A GUY AND A GIRL LOVES EACHOTHER SOOOOOOO BAD but they don't dare to even touch eachother's hand.. HATE IT ( even though they put a lot of smut in yaoi and yuri stuff )so really I don't know what's their problem, can you put a line between hentai and extremely censured shojo?, guess they can't, except for A FEW exceptions

3. when they turn the male character girly like if that whas the hottest thing you could ever see in UR lifE
I don't understand these manga and anime creators... You have the perfect example in SAO, 'cause while I was reading the novel Kirito way of thinking, his answers when he talked to girls and gestures looked pretty normal to me , he wasn't a stud, but he was a guy.. but if you look at him in the anime, he's just a little girl afraid of everything surrounding her... and he turns more and more girly looking in the next episode
too bad
Mar 17, 2013 7:20 PM

Nov 2012
Litrydow said:

Wrong again, fool. Over-the-top reverse harem is just as bad.

Fruits Basket is the only good reverse harem I can think of, and only two of male characters love the female MC. Some don't even LIKE her. There's just a lot of male characters.

Mar 17, 2013 7:22 PM

Jan 2010
Male MC's who messes around during the whole series and can't decide between 2 (or more) girls. Like seriously. Pick one and end the suffering of yourself and all those poor ladies.
Mar 17, 2013 7:25 PM

Nov 2012
Moon_Filled_Sky said:
Male MC's who messes around during the whole series and can't decide between 2 (or more) girls. Like seriously. Pick one and end the suffering of yourself and all those poor ladies.

And then the anime ends and he ends up choosing no one and keeping everyone has friends.

DAMN THE HAREM GENRE, it's just so frustrating. :P

Mar 17, 2013 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
miereneronaile said:
Aincrad2013 said:
Litrydow said:
Ellamenopea said:
Litrydow said:
Ellamenopea said:

I hate it.

Feminist.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/853/Ouran_Koukou_Host_Club

I'm not touching that with a ten-foot pole.
Mar 17, 2013 7:53 PM

Jun 2010
I hate when a female character punches a male character every 10 minutes because he says something a little pervy
Mar 17, 2013 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Parasprite said:
I hate when a female character punches a male character every 10 minutes because he says something a little pervy

^ It's even worse if they're supposed to be together

e.g. Louise and Saito

Reminds me of Siesta. I hated her because she kept butting in between the two.
:(
Mar 17, 2013 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
Ellamenopea said:
Moon_Filled_Sky said:

And then the anime ends and he ends up choosing no one and keeping everyone has friends.

DAMN THE HAREM GENRE, it's just so frustrating. :P

Yes! This exactly. Makes me think back when I was watching Rosario + Vampire *facepalm*

And also, torture scenes. Well, its not that I completely dislike them it's just something that's hard for me to watch especially when I get invested in an anime.
Mar 18, 2013 2:33 AM

Jan 2013
Sport animes
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Mar 18, 2013 2:43 AM

Sep 2012
Harem.. -_-
Mar 18, 2013 3:00 AM
Oct 2012
1]Animes having long fights consisting of over 3 episodes.
2]A anime having no cute character.
3]Tear-Jerking Romance.
Mar 18, 2013 3:04 AM

Oct 2012
a non conclusive romance, even if its not slightly concluded, or just a hint.

memory loss also annoys me.
Mar 18, 2013 3:32 AM

Aug 2009
01) Uninteresting Plot
02) Unsatisfying Ending
03) Dull Atmosphere
04) Repetition
05) Very Generic
06) Moe Characters
07) Terrible Tsunderes
08) Serious Cases of Humiliation or Misunderstanding
09) When Some Things Gets Overdone
10) Rushed Plot
Mar 18, 2013 4:00 AM

Sep 2012
Bad harems are just irritating, but a bad anything is bad so whatever, we are talking about themes here and I think harems can be done justice sometimes, I mean look at bakemonogatari, it's basically a harem, but it is amazing.

I can't stand Shonen Ai. Seeing a guy that has feminine eyelashes or long girlish hair and features just creeps me out so much. I mean, I can kind of deal with man-love, it's just the creepy looking guy dolls.
Mar 18, 2013 5:03 AM

Dec 2012
Too many girls yelling and crying.
Shit that makes no sense (school days/black rock shooter)
Insert wise quote here
Mar 18, 2013 5:20 AM

Mar 2012
Swimming with cute boys
Mar 18, 2013 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
Kairen said:
01) Uninteresting Plot
02) Unsatisfying Ending
03) Dull Atmosphere
04) Repetition
05) Very Generic
06) Moe Characters
07) Terrible Tsunderes
08) Serious Cases of Humiliation or Misunderstanding
09) When Some Things Gets Overdone
10) Rushed Plot

How are those themes ? these are just stuff you dislike to happen in anime.
Mar 18, 2013 5:29 AM

Jan 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

*cough* SAO *cough*

The above one is the one I hate most, other things are:
-Slow starts
-Cliched ninja series
-Excessive pantyshots and/or bouncing breasts
-Author not knowing when to end
-Supernatural skills in sports anime
-Using flashbacks all the time
Mar 18, 2013 5:31 AM

Aug 2012
@Aincrad2013

I know what you feels ...I just watched SAO 2nd arc yesterday and that fiance of asuna is pissing me off grrr.....
Mar 18, 2013 7:42 AM

Oct 2012
People talking and explaining stuff during fights
Constant flashbacks .. during fights
Constant ass/panty shots.
Forced symbolism

Mar 18, 2013 8:14 AM

May 2012
school settings , ... im just............... tired...

and moe because I love stuff like Golgo 13
Mar 18, 2013 9:06 AM

Aug 2012
heroism with a dash of more heroism

'cowboy stuff

mechs

ugly stuff

''realistic'' in terms of the average boring predictable life of a workaholic

emotionless stuff

law based

psychology based

religion based

too much gore
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Mar 18, 2013 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
Girls with breats bigger than their own head
A guy having a harem for no apparent reason
pointless fighting
Fighting scenes that take longer than 1 episode to end
removed-userMar 18, 2013 10:06 AM
Mar 18, 2013 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
Ghostony said:
heroism with a dash of more heroism

'cowboy stuff

mechs

ugly stuff

''realistic'' in terms of the average boring predictable life of a workaholic

emotionless stuff

law based

psychology based

religion based

too much gore

with gore, if they bleed so much that they should be dead Id consider that too much myself. Gunshot wounds are the most gore I prefer.
Mar 18, 2013 6:11 PM

Feb 2008
When characters are part of a club that does nothing but eat cakes and drink tea.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 18, 2013 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
when there are characters who are constantly crying
when characters whos native language isnt english tries to speak it
RRRRRRRRRR
Mar 18, 2013 6:59 PM

Feb 2013
When some guy is legitimately forcing his will on a girl/woman, that makes me mad.
In other words, rape.
I hope Sugou from SAO rots in hell for what he did to Asuna.
JazzuuMar 18, 2013 7:11 PM
Mar 18, 2013 7:05 PM
Oct 2012
Aincrad2013 said:
I really hate whenever somebody's memory is being tampered with whether it's the MC or someone close to the MC like in the fullbring arc of Bleach or when some villain or random person steals the identity of the MC. Not sure why but it just really annoys me.

dude, I hate everything you just said as well(especially in SAO the guy)
Mar 18, 2013 10:01 PM

Mar 2013
- Ninjas
- dumb harem themes
- annoying girl characters who cry too much (think Usagi from Sailor Moon, but less awesome. She's off the hook.) Which isn't really a theme, but oh well.
Mar 18, 2013 10:29 PM

Jun 2011
I hate it when a female character hits a male character because he accidentally fell on top of her and his hand lands on her boob. It's fairly obvious that a the male character fell over accidentally. It's funny the first few times, after a while it gets really stupid.
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best brown haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 2

27 by Zedlin »»
5 minutes ago

» Are Risqué Anime Bad for the Industry?

Dragevard - 14 minutes ago

6 by rohan121 »»
6 minutes ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Yesterday

63 by FanofAction »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » How many hentai's you have watched? And which one's your favorite? ( 1 2 )

Anjumhossain - Oct 9, 2022

50 by MogKnight »»
15 minutes ago

» How did you get into anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Cudlyyy - Sep 28, 2023

117 by Zedlin »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.