Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Angel digimons do not have great lifespan... Only Cherubimon left. I wonder if Takuya and Koji can combine? Shutumon did pretty well being last one standing. Is there fanclub for Shutumon?
Apr 14, 2014 7:16 AM
Mar 2013
Ophanimon's pretty much the saving grace of this series. She saved Seraphimon (he was useless though), organized the digi-destined together, saved them from Cherubimon, and even helped Koji and Takuya evolve to the next level. Seraphimon better take notes.
Nov 11, 2014 6:08 AM

Jun 2012
So these are the mega spirit evolution.
Jul 7, 2016 6:27 AM

Feb 2013
KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon will end this fight.
Apr 10, 2019 6:55 PM

May 2008
Why is Ophanimon's digiegg not solid like Seraphimon? I wanted a Gatomon along with Patamon for the rest of the season. A total waste.

Another BGM from Our War Game; when they were calling out their main Spirits and transferring them (or whatever they were doing) into Light or Fire. Have to wonder how many bgms are from Adventure and other seasons/movies, I'm sure we're up to at least 3 from Adventure alone.

And I do have to admit I like the new evolution sequence; it's much better than Double Spirit's. The song is much better too. The animation is really nice too (why can't most of the season look like that? C'mon Toei.)

Too bad this officially starts the Takuya and Koji show. I don't know why, canonically, these two in particular as there was no story or legend or anything to suggest they should be the ones other than because they already had Double Spirit capabilities. (And there's no real reason why only them other than the writers made it that way.) I get not all would be able to Hyper Spirit, but why they created this type of evolution? Seems like another way to decrease everything down to the bare minimum.

How much potential is being wasted here simply because Toei doesn't know how to time management?
SakariiApr 10, 2019 7:17 PM
May 14, 2019 6:46 PM

Apr 2009
Sakarii said:

Too bad this officially starts the Takuya and Koji show. I don't know why, canonically, these two in particular as there was no story or legend or anything to suggest they should be the ones other than because they already had Double Spirit capabilities.

Digimon writers (and anime writers in general) seem to like the fire and light elements. They're for some reason always the protagonists, with fire being the main protagonist that always start the series and light being the second/hidden protagonist that discover it's power later on.
May 14, 2019 6:46 PM

Apr 2009
Also, Ophanimon broke out of that light jail so free.

And all that "you can't use darkness power here because there is so much light" "your attacks are dodging because there is so much light in here" was so stupid
Aug 20, 2019 2:10 PM

Jan 2017
Hyper Spirit Evolution looks cool and has a great theme song
Nov 8, 2021 3:23 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Cool evolution sequences, too bad the rest of the characters were rendered useless as a result, not as much as Seraphimon though.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 26, 2022 12:40 AM

Dec 2012
Cherubimon grabs Goatmon.
Oh shit! Cherubimon killed Goatmon.
Cherubimon grabs Lowemon.
Double Spirito Evolution! Ardhamon! Beowulfmon!
LMAO Ardhamon gave Lowemon a facial.
Koji hits Takuya now.
The light is causing it.
lol at Izumi having to Suraido into Shutumon.

HOLY SHIT! DAT HAIPAA SPIRITO EVOLUTION WAS HYPE! And not just that... AYUMI RETURNS WITH A BANGER SONG! I loved the fire that appeared on Takuya's hand. But the biggest surprise is that Koji's hand scan scene was actually cool. From his pose as he moves further from the scene to swinging his left hand across with 2 fingers up matching to beat of the song then wrapping it up with a cool movement leading to the scan. Not just that, but the vocals while he did it made it even cooler. Throughout the series, I've bashed him for how boring his hand scan scene was while praising Takuya as my favorite, but he actually redeemed himself and it was better than Takuya's. I admit that. He got this over Takuya. Plus, blue is my favorite color so that blue background during the hand scan extra sweet. We cannot proceed without returning to the beginning. Greymon and Garurumon are back! KaiserGreymon's design doesn't really hit. I thought MagnaGarurumon looked cool when it dropped down during its shinka scene shooting up the place, but the design doesn't hit as well. I haven't been this hyped about spirit evolution since Vritramon.

It was have been funny as fock that after losing all them battles and only winning 1 battle several episodes ago that Izumi was the one to beat Cherubimon. I told you Lowemon was getting nerfed. Lastly... women are full of tricks. Ophanimon tricking Cherubimon to get the digivices back. lol
RobMay 26, 2022 2:39 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2013

6 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 24, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 22 Discussion

Tsukaji - Mar 2, 2013

10 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 10, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 50 Discussion

Tsukaji - Mar 16, 2013

14 by AWOLxSTORM »»
Mar 22, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 40 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 14, 2014

10 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 25, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 37 Discussion

Tsukaji - Mar 13, 2013

10 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 25, 2023 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.