Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 3, 2013 9:34 AM
Feb 2013
I just finished the series today, I loved it, but I'm a bit confused. They never really explained the whole drool-bond thing or anything like that. I thought it would end up that she was an alien or something, do they explain it better in the manga?
Mar 8, 2013 3:23 AM

Sep 2012
no they wont explained the whole drool-bond thing in the manga, i guess she MC & MC friends GF are unique people to able to do it & sense feelings of others trough the drool

if shes alien then MC is as well & MC friends GF cause all 3 are sensitive bi the drool, MC can feel her feelings from the drool & she can hes, if MC wold not be like her then he wold feel nothing from her drool, MC just had no idea he was not a normal human just like she is not normal human
Mar 8, 2013 3:30 AM

Jun 2007
No. It's just a 'unique' way of showing their bond. The author is against underage sex and hates that people these days think of sex as the pinnacle of a relationship and the closest bond you can have, as he's talked about a lot in the past and even in the original one shot of the manga. He wanted to make a romance story that showed there are other ways of having an even deeper or more meaningful (or at least equally powerful) bond than kissing, groping, and penetration can give you.

The kind of stupid part about that is if you replace the drool with sex you get the same exact story, so he didn't do a good job of showing sex isn't necessary in a relationship. They do it in secret, they do it after school when nobody is around, they 'try it' with people they are interested in to see if they like it, they even cheat on one another with it, sometimes there's 'expirementing' going on between Urabe and Fattits McMidget, urabe thinking she and the whimp have a special thing just because of the drool (many kids feel like they are super in love and gonna stay forever with the girl/guy they first have sex with), and so on. Not to mention Urabe always giving the guy a stiffy for shits and giggles.

It's just imagery to make the story unique and provide fetish fuel while avoiding actual sex.
TallonKarrde23Mar 8, 2013 3:44 AM
Mar 8, 2013 3:42 AM

Sep 2012
At first I thought she must be an alien too but no, she is just yet another Japanese child living on their own away from her parents in order to go to a better school. She feels that their drool is their special bond and it is. Still not explained further as of chapter 75 of the manga...

Still hoping for season 2! There are parts of the manga that would be a shame to not animate but it didn't sell that well sadly...
Mar 9, 2013 1:13 AM

Sep 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
No. It's just a 'unique' way of showing their bond. The author is against underage sex and hates that people these days think of sex as the pinnacle of a relationship and the closest bond you can have, as he's talked about a lot in the past and even in the original one shot of the manga. He wanted to make a romance story that showed there are other ways of having an even deeper or more meaningful (or at least equally powerful) bond than kissing, groping, and penetration can give you.

The kind of stupid part about that is if you replace the drool with sex you get the same exact story, so he didn't do a good job of showing sex isn't necessary in a relationship. They do it in secret, they do it after school when nobody is around, they 'try it' with people they are interested in to see if they like it, they even cheat on one another with it, sometimes there's 'expirementing' going on between Urabe and Fattits McMidget, urabe thinking she and the whimp have a special thing just because of the drool (many kids feel like they are super in love and gonna stay forever with the girl/guy they first have sex with), and so on. Not to mention Urabe always giving the guy a stiffy for shits and giggles.

It's just imagery to make the story unique and provide fetish fuel while avoiding actual sex.

well Urabe dose not feel like its cheating, she feels like its normal like handshake, & that is a part what disturbed me, & it made me a bit pissed :D
Mar 9, 2013 1:54 AM

Jun 2007
Sugram22 said:
well Urabe dose not feel like its cheating, she feels like its normal like handshake, & that is a part what disturbed me, & it made me a bit pissed :D

I agree. She very clearly cheats on him (using their special bond with someone else) and treats it like it was nothing. It's not just the physical special bond side of things either, she cheated emotionally too - making it very clear that if the bond happened with him too she'd go out with him. Plus she did it all in secret.

Ever since that chapter I haven't been able to really care about the manga anymore. I used to really adore Urabe, and all the shit she'd do to show her love for Tsubaki had me convinced she really did love him deeply, but that was just unforgivable and proved she's just a floosy. Not to mention it was so out of character - especially after how she reacts to every single little thing Tsubaki does as if he were off sticking his dick in everyone, all the while she's going around doing worse with fat-tits midget and random boys - which made me lose confidence in the mangaka as well.
TallonKarrde23Mar 9, 2013 1:57 AM
Mar 9, 2013 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Sugram22 said:

I agree. She very clearly cheats on him (using their special bond with someone else) and treats it like it was nothing. It's not just the physical special bond side of things either, she cheated emotionally too - making it very clear that if the bond happened with him too she'd go out with him. Plus she did it all in secret.

Ever since that chapter I haven't been able to really care about the manga anymore. I used to really adore Urabe, and all the shit she'd do to show her love for Tsubaki had me convinced she really did love him deeply, but that was just unforgivable and proved she's just a floosy. Not to mention it was so out of character - especially after how she reacts to every single little thing Tsubaki does as if he were off sticking his dick in everyone, all the while she's going around doing worse with fat-tits midget and random boys - which made me lose confidence in the mangaka as well.

boy's? i remember she did it only with 1 boy who confessed her, i guess she feels like its not cheating cause she is not normal with her drool thing, cause the drool thing wold not effect normal people, & that abnormality has made her in to what she is, & the part when u say'd, if the bond happened with him too she'd go out with him. Plus she did it all in secret, i think she wold not go out with him after that but she wold have given him fighting chance but i think still hes fighting chance wold have peen close to zero cause she loves MC, but still it pisses me off cause she dose not think how MC feels about it, she dose not consider MC'S feelings at all!!! when she say'd to MC that she gave taste of her drool to this other guy,then MC sold have given taste of hes drool to her so she wold learn how others feel about it!!!, but for some reason when she did that drool stuff with that girl with glasses it did not bother me cause shes not Gay nor Bi so no threat there :D i also think that Urabe has a lot of faith in their bond that's why she was willing to show this guy with her drool, but still she needs to learn about human emotions more, cause MC gets hurt cause of that, if she acts like that

if they make more seasons they need to do something to teach Urabe a lesson, i was read a manga a bit, here & there, not all, ton't know dose anime follows manga 100%, but their relationship is pretty much the same, right new there is 10 vol & 75 chap uploaded online
Sugram22Oct 13, 2013 6:25 AM
Mar 9, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't think volume ten of the manga was out yet. 75 chapters for sure.
Mar 9, 2013 4:11 PM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:

chap 75 was part of vol 10, at least it shod it as vol 10 in page were i was read it
vol 9 had chap 61-68 & vol 10 had chap 69-75, online manga
Sugram22Mar 9, 2013 4:15 PM
Mar 9, 2013 7:48 PM

Sep 2012
Sugram22 said:
hpulley said:

chap 75 was part of vol 10, at least it shod it as vol 10 in page were i was read it
vol 9 had chap 61-68 & vol 10 had chap 69-75, online manga

Well, that "online" stuff is unofficial. I don't think the actual volume ten is out yet is all I am saying. Chapters 69-75 will be in volume 10 surely but I don't think they've made that tankobon just yet. The scanlators are using the monthly magazines that I buy too I think for Nazo no Kanojo X manga rather than waiting for the tankobons to come out.
Mar 10, 2013 3:30 AM

Sep 2012
to u mean tha at online manga chap number is correct but vol number is wrong?
Mar 10, 2013 5:07 AM

Sep 2012
Sugram22 said:

Volume number WILL be right, just doesn't actually exist yet...
Mar 10, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
Sugram22 said:

maybe it dose if they have a leek inside? like its not out yet but u can read it online, is that kind of a thing possible?
Mar 10, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2012
Sugram22 said:
hpulley said:
Sugram22 said:

maybe it dose if they have a leek inside? like its not out yet but u can read it online, is that kind of a thing possible?

No leak. It is published monthly. They put the monthlies into tankobons/compilations. The 10th compilation isn't out yet but the scanlators are just putting the monthlies up. Some of them like to wait for the tankobons as the scans are clearer, the monthly magazines are poor quality paper.
Aug 18, 2013 2:06 AM

Jul 2012
BilboJones95 said:

I just finished the series today, I loved it, but I'm a bit confused. They never really explained the whole drool-bond thing or anything like that. I thought it would end up that she was an alien or something, do they explain it better in the manga?

I haven't read the manga, but I have read statements by people who have read the manga who say that Urabe isn't fully explained in the manga either. From watching the anime, I understood the drool bond as being an innate connection between people similar to the concept of chemistry between people (and like the concept of chemistry, it's not just between people in romantic relationships, hence the lesser bond between Urabe and Oka).
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Aug 25, 2013 6:54 AM

Mar 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

Exactly. I thought it was bullshit, there were SO many double standards in this anime. Urabe gave drool to that random boy, she tasted and gave drool to the glasses girl, and she even tasted the drool of the girl Tsubaki used to like!! That one REALLY got me to, cause I thought "oh, if he tastes the drool of the girl, he'll understand how she feels but say that he wants to stay with Urabe". But nooooooooooooo, he gets blue balled AGAIN and she tastes it, like it's perfectly ok. Admittedly, him nearly cheating was bad, fair enough, but i can't get over all the shit that happened. You're right in saying that the drool is an analogy for sex almost, and that the author's intention was to show how relationships are more than physical shit. But it's BULLSHIT, and it kinda pissed me off; in a loving relationship, kissing shows how much you care and it's meaningful when done with the right people. Holding each other is a sign that you value each other's company, not even in a sexual way; human beings are social creatures. So the fact that Urabe would NEVER let him hold her until she had to end up doing it herself cause SHE reached the point where she felt weird without it, it made me so angry. And the ultimate blue balling was when he didn't even get a damn kiss at the end. Sure a kiss is overused, but it's one of THE most important things in romance, so to leave it out was just absurd. Honestly, I enjoyed the anime and it was funny for the most part, but I can't lie that I was HEAVILY teased and blue balled just like Tsubaki himself. Double standards and shitty justifications for having a relationship dictated by her pace. I mean, what kind of relationship is it where you can't even hug your girlfriend? Fuck's sake, haha
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Nov 10, 2013 3:42 PM
Sep 2012
there's nothing to explain to this Drool- bond thing.....

the word mysterious say it all......
Mar 24, 2014 10:34 PM

Jul 2009
I'm just gonna copy-paste my response from the episode thread

"As for the saliva testing on another boy. She only wanted to know if her feelings to Tsubaki are real and not some random by choice. And please tell me how was she cheating? She only gave her saliva and nothing more, they didn't kiss or did anything that backstabs Tsubaki. Some say it's indirect kissing, well why is indirect kissing considered cheating? So if a girl drinks a bottle and a stalker manages to snatch it and kissed it does that mean the girl was cheating? Does giving your used water bottle to the opposite sex when your already in a relationship is considered cheating?

Applying Western mindset of relationship is different from an Asian point of view. It almost NEVER works. What you see here is a representation of a more subtle approach and not direct. Western relationships are always have to be direct and straight to the point. Urabe just wanted to know how special her relationship with Tsubaki.

For all we know she may have done this to other guys back then.

This show definitely showed some interesting points about on how to carry a relationship. The drooling parts are just a unique way to represent their love and trust to one another. People are just being distracted by erotic nature of it and are missing the point of the show."

Even the last episode, she didn't mind Tsubaki tasting Hayakawa's drool in front of her. All she wanted to prove that their love is real and genuine. Sure it's crazy she would risk doing this knowing the consequences are fatal. But Urabe is willing to take that chance for sure.

Though i actually thought at first she was an alien and has some super powers that let's you feel other's emotion through saliva.

I do plan on reading the manga sometime in the future.

But then again why am i explaining this? This is Nazo no Kanojo X, just like the title says "Mysterious Girlfriend X" :P
May 9, 2018 12:45 PM

Mar 2018
TallonKarrde23 said:

That is nice. That is an admirable goal, IMO. I am not anti-sex myself; I am pro-sex, but I applaud Ueshiba's mission to show that other things can be just as emotionally valuable. That is the beauty of MGX: It can take some very small things and imbue them with great emotional weight and significance. I love those moments where Tsubaki is super-happy about getting to see Urabe in a bikini, for example. :)

JusticeSoulTuna said:
So the fact that Urabe would NEVER let him hold her until she had to end up doing it herself cause SHE reached the point where she felt weird without it, it made me so angry.

In the anime, Urabe does not say "never hug me". She says "never hug me without permission". Tsubaki could have asked her: "Hey, Urabe, can I hug you?" He never tried because he is too timid. Maybe she would have agreed - in the latter half of the series I think she would.
Jan 19, 2020 3:19 AM
Mar 2018
SpectrumDT said:

That is nice. That is an admirable goal, IMO. I am not anti-sex myself; I am pro-sex, but I applaud Ueshiba's mission to show that other things can be just as emotionally valuable. That is the beauty of MGX: It can take some very small things and imbue them with great emotional weight and significance. I love those moments where Tsubaki is super-happy about getting to see Urabe in a bikini, for example. :)

Well, sex in school romance anime is actually not that common. Maybe it was back in 2012, but I have yet to see a wave of anime that "score" in that way (without making it rapey; I'm looking at you SAO, you cheap-ass). But yeah, it had lots of great emotional carrying throughout. Yet, there were your common tropes. Like the bikini-drooling, lewdness of both characters (even the girl being that way) and the uphype-friend that is somewhat dumb but still goes more easy on in life. So, I can give praise for making the anime, but it's not the most unique in the world. It just has some interesting characters and themes.

I believe she was more a metaphor for learning about friendship, relationships and sexuality. In other words "puberty". It almost seemed like with every step (of the fews they took) she became more normal. And it was even hinted that when he tasted another girls drool she would just continue being her usual self and he would break the "bond" (or curse in a way), thus ending the relationship they had.

DonTrumpolinoJan 19, 2020 3:29 AM
Aug 25, 2020 5:30 PM
Feb 2020
TallonKarrde23 said:

Im not even finished with this yet but this is literally why i came here. For me, the first time she stuck her finger in that guys mouth i was like "alright i'll let it slide". Then she stuck her finger in the fucking girls mouth and she stuck hers in there. Its like she doesnt even value him as a fucking person, only how sweet his drool is. Jesus this shit really ruined the anime for me. Also i wish they turned Ueno's girlfriend into a love triangle so Urabe could get like a redemption arc. I would have loved to see MC put his finger in another girls mouth and not tell urabe. She doesnt even give a fuck about him. Whats the point of the fucking relationship if the most they ever do is exchange spit like she has done with 69 other faggots.

im 7 years late but fuck it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2012

121 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 2, 2012

82 by Aoboba »»
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 30, 2012

176 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 14, 2:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.