Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2013 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
Hello :)
first of all, this is my MAL: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/DavidTamir so you can get a hint about my taste.

Anyways, I want suggestions for animes, as you can see I have many animes in my "plan to watch" section..
but somewhy after watching a few mins of the first episode I just feel like I'm not in the mood for such an anime..
I want something that focuses on either drama&romance or just drama (like ano hi mita or Arakawa under the bridge)
or something a bit abnormal and unique (like katanagatari or bakemonogatari)
Also I like fantasies combined with advantures a lot (like Densetsu no yuusha no densetsu, one piece, Claymore, FMAB and so on)
and even something that has awesome action but it has to be combined with an interesting and unique storyline (like Fate/Zero or Darker than black).

but the most important thing is that the anime will be interesting and with an easy-going atmosphere around it.
I dont want something pointless and shallow for example bleach or hellsing ultimate (ofc it's all my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone, I enjoyed those shows but they arent what I'm looking for right now).
On the other hand I don't want something darkheavy or too serious like Berserk, Mushishi and so on (again, I enjoyed those shows just it isn't what I'm looking for).

Oh and needless to say I want the anime to be very good, that in your opinion this anime should get at least a 8+
I don't care if it's old just make it bearable, I don't like too ugly animation..

I almost never liked animes that focuses on Horror / Comedy / Ecchi / Harem.
And I'm not really in the mood for a classic shounen (by classic I mean mostly predictable based on other shounens) / most of the shoujo.
Also I didn't try many Mecha and Sci-fi so Idk if I like those genres very much but I can try.

Having said that, I'm not closed to new genres or any animes just based on the genres of the anime so even if you give me a horror one that has comedy, ecchi, harem, shoujo, mecha and sci-fi in it, I won't turn u down, I'll check it and see if I like it.
So if you know an anime in those genres that is amazing and you think I'll enjoy it even tho I dont entirely like those genres, please, write this anime here :)

Sorry for it being so long, IDK why but in forums I tend to talk a lot.

1 more thing, please give me many animes, like 50-100 will do, I'm not planning to come back here until maybe next year or in half a year so just hit me with all you got :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING AND EVEN MORE THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO WILL TAKE THEIR TIME AND SUGGEST ANYTHING :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2013 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
DavidTamir said:
1 more thing, please give me many animes, like 50-100 will do

Are you joking? o__O

Use an automatic tool for this amount of titles:
http://www.animecf.com/
http://www.animerecs.com/
Feb 11, 2013 2:27 PM
Oct 2010
Try Macross Frontier.

Mar 2012
Whatever in my list that not in your list.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Nov 2012
Hokuto no Ken
Saint seiya (original)
Feb 11, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
Thank you everyone I will try those :o
will add to PTW soon.
Please suggest more :)
chirale said:
DavidTamir said:
1 more thing, please give me many animes, like 50-100 will do

Are you joking? o__O

Use an automatic tool for this amount of titles:
http://www.animecf.com/
http://www.animerecs.com/

oh no dont worry I already have around 30 that I plan to watch soon and already on my comp or so..
I probably should of mentioned that >.<
just offer like 2-5 and it will be more than enough XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2013 2:51 PM

Oct 2012
Maybe Mawaru Penguindrum...
It's filled with lots of drama. There isn't exactly much romance, it's more like a family bond type of love. However, sort of unsure to rec this since it can lean toward the "darkheavy" side of things. Does have some comedy/lightheart moments thrown in though.
Not mention, the art gives it a boost for being rather unique. I want to say the story is unique too outside of Kunihiko Ikuhara's work (it is said Penguindrum is quite similar to his other anime called Shoujo Kakumei Utena).

Hopefully that helps...

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 11, 2013 3:13 PM

Jun 2007
Nana. It's a very realistically written and paced romance drama and one of the best shows I've ever seen.

However, it does fall into the very heavy category, so you might want to put it off for another time if you want something more light.

More topics from this board

» Movies

BitChilly - 31 minutes ago

2 by BitChilly »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime like Dragon Raja?

world_god - 12 minutes ago

0 by world_god »»
12 minutes ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

8 by duchessliz87 »»
53 minutes ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 1 hour ago

0 by NaTsu879 »»
1 hour ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

3 by Dariat »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.