Forum Settings
Forums

Do you remember how you've became friends with your closest friends? Any interesting stories?

New
Jan 31, 2013 8:58 PM

Jun 2008
There's always some point in my life where I've wondered with my friends about how we ever got to become friends or how we've become close friends than just a loose tie of acquaintances.

Fiction often focuses toward this introspection as well. While our own lives might not be as chaotic or grand as some of fictional characters had to experience, could we nonetheless remember a particular instance that have strengthened your friendship with someone, so that we have become friends with them, or have become much closer to them in some way?

While I'd love to share, right now I have like maybe 2 close friends, who are far away in physical distance. Both were met in high school.

Since my memories are crap, I can barely remember how it happened. For one of them, I think anime actually had a role into it. I've somehow discovered this guy had an interest in anime, and suggested some top rated anime which he enjoyed greatly as an result. I'd imagine the closeness of our shared interests have strengthened our friendship, and from then on, it's just a matter or sustained contact.

What are your stories? Do you remember a specific instance where you felt your friendship had strengthened? Or is it simply a slow gradual build-up of a sustained connection?
TachiiJan 31, 2013 9:04 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2013 9:01 PM

Apr 2012
My memory is pretty bad too, LOL. I met my two closest friends at my last job. Like I said though. I can't
really remember the details... eheheh ^^;
Jan 31, 2013 9:05 PM

Oct 2009
hung out with him in 3rd grade. the other one came into our class in 4th grade. been brothas ever since.

even though we are all busy nowadays, and they went away for college (and one is in boston for job now) and i barely get to see them, it's just like i saw them yesterday when i do see them.

i'm the only one of who really likes anime though. we did MAD shit back in the day though...basketball, video games, do stupid shit, etc

damn those were the days
Jan 31, 2013 9:08 PM

Oct 2012
Hm, back in 6th grade (mind you, this would be my second year of public school), I remember this girl wanted to be a match maker for me for some reason. So, while she and I were in lunch, she stood up and yelled this other girl's name across the lunchroom. No, no awkward silence occurred since everyone was so dang loud. Anyway, got introduced to this new girl and the match maker declared us boyfriend and girlfriend. However, it becomes hilarious, as we were both immensely shy toward one another, so we hardly talked. In fact...over a period of two-years, we didn't really talk to each other.
Wasn't until late 8th grade year-early 9th grade year that she wanted to hang out with me. We look back and laugh at our past, but nevertheless, we are close.

Quite a number of my 'circle' of my buddies I met in middle school were for our shared interest in technology and our attempts to hack school related systems.
Fun fun fun. Sadly...I can't exactly remember how our group started, I just distinctively remember how I met that one girl.

This other person, we've known each other since 7th grade because of debate. She's rather...well she acts like I'm some insignificant person since she 'knows' me so well. It grew to a brother/sister type of relationship since we traveled together so much due to debate.

Always nice to reminiscent every once and awhile :)
ShoryuJan 31, 2013 9:14 PM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 31, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2008
Wow Tavor, it sounds like what School Days should've been, lolol. Sounds like a good school life over all.
Jan 31, 2013 9:25 PM

Oct 2012
My closest friend? We've been best buddies since kids. We share a lot of similarity too but now my dad hates her dad so yeah...
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 31, 2013 9:26 PM

Oct 2012
Tachii said:
Wow Tavor, it sounds like what School Days should've been, lolol. Sounds like a good school life over all.

Won't lie, as soon as I typed, "match maker", I thought of School Days. It's good to still be alive!

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 31, 2013 9:43 PM

Jun 2008
Itermin8rX said:
My closest friend? We've been best buddies since kids. We share a lot of similarity too but now my dad hates her dad so yeah...
Aw, for a second there I thought this could've been a malexfemale best childhood friend scenario typical in harem anime. But you are a female too. Alas, this entire business with opposite sex childhood friends seem like a myth. :|

Though I do remember when I first came to Canada and couldn't speak jack English, I had this girl in the same grade do the translation. We probably could've been good friends if we went to the same middle school (my parents at least was pushing for it), though I moved a lot back then so friendships was fairly short-lived until high school.
Jan 31, 2013 9:50 PM

Nov 2012
With one of my mates I was his teacher. I had just started my traineeship in IT and I had to fill in for a few classes... I don’t know how it happened but one day after work he had finished classes for the day we went to the pub for a few pints... At the time I was 19 and he was 18.

With another one of my mates I moved to a new school at the same time as he did turns out we had lived a stone’s throw from each other in Victoria, he had even sung in the quire with my brother. We both had the same upbringing so we were two peas in a pod. I even chat to him now even though he is in the military; I still call him a brother from another mother.

Another mate we were school mates and that was about it. We had a school excursion to the beach, had a blast until the said mate got sucked out in a rip and almost drowned; I swam out grabbed hold of her kept her above the water and signalled the life guard... It was a good thing I was a good swimmer... she now has a fear of water... We still have drinks at our old watering hole every few weeks to catch up...
Jan 31, 2013 9:52 PM

Oct 2012
Tachii said:
Itermin8rX said:
Aw, for a second there I thought this could've been a malexfemale best childhood friend scenario typical in harem anime. But you are a female too. Alas, this entire business with opposite sex childhood friends seem like a myth. :|

Though I do remember when I first came to Canada and couldn't speak jack English, I had this girl in the same grade do the translation. We probably could've been good friends if we went to the same middle school (my parents at least was pushing for it), though I moved a lot back then so friendships was fairly short-lived until high school.

Actually after the one I knew my first, the second one is male. I have detached from them both for a long time, really. We've been crowded with school work after going to about Grade 5, maybe? Oh well. We do talk once in a while.
The best moment I had with them is of our shared belated birthday party when we were 6-7. I do really miss them.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 31, 2013 9:57 PM

Nov 2011
In 8th grade my P.E. class was playing baseball and I was the outfielder. I was all alone of course, but this kid came out of nowhere next to me(7th grader) and just started talking to me. After some talking it turned out he was a neighbor and began bugging me DAILY for a LONG time. I was really annoyed by him at first, but eventually he broke me, I got to know the guy better and next thing I knew we were friends. I think it has been about 7 years now and we're still hanging out. We go to the gym on a daily basis, play video games and so-on.

The only bad trait he has though is glorifying his stories to the point where it's off the scale on my bullshit meter. For example, he claims that he befriended me because I was all alone. I just told him 'I was playing outfielder in that baseball game, what the fuck do you want me to do? Leisurely walk off the field into the dug out and socialize with everyone?' What's hilarious too is that I considered him a pain in the ass for most of my 8th grade year, but he thinks he did me a favor. He's full of bullshit, but he's a good guy. lol
RagixJan 31, 2013 10:09 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 1, 2013 12:23 AM

Dec 2007
Tavor said:
Hm, back in 6th grade (mind you, this would be my second year of public school), I remember this girl wanted to be a match maker for me for some reason. So, while she and I were in lunch, she stood up and yelled this other girl's name across the lunchroom. No, no awkward silence occurred since everyone was so dang loud. Anyway, got introduced to this new girl and the match maker declared us boyfriend and girlfriend. However, it becomes hilarious, as we were both immensely shy toward one another, so we hardly talked. In fact...over a period of two-years, we didn't really talk to each other.
Wasn't until late 8th grade year-early 9th grade year that she wanted to hang out with me. We look back and laugh at our past, but nevertheless, we are close.

LOL. Nice story, that match maker girl, I would like a friend like that.

I'm not sure why I'm friends with my best friend. I've known her since before I can actually remember stuff in this world. Before preschool, because our parents are friends. We don't see each other often after grade school, but she's one phone call away.

My high school group of friends were my very first seatmates. There was a group activity in our first ever high school computer class. We have to draw our answer to the question: "If we were to invent a computer, what kind of computer it would be?" This girl sitting in front of me looked at us (her seatmate, me, and my seatmate), and said asked us if we want to form a group together and told us she had an excellent idea of what to draw. She drew a person swimming in a pool of money that came out of a computer. Her drawing and coloring's nice... heck, she's good at everything. Graduated valedictorian, school paper editor-in-chief, wins science and math competitions... I think I'm jealous of her. Well, everyone of us four's in the batch's top ten, I don't mind much. We were a group of nerds.

In college, I'm friends with everyone in my program. But the closest friends I have started with a bible study group which I've been dragged to. :| I don't know why I stuck with the classmates I was there with at the prayer meeting. That didn't happen again anyway, but I've been with them since then.
Feb 1, 2013 4:43 AM

Feb 2010
Let's just say I unwittingly helped the first close friend I've had in my life while my second was someone who approached me and leave it at that. Bogging you down with the details is a simple life story that's going to be the most boring, redundant piece of shit you'll ever read~
Feb 1, 2013 4:51 AM
May 2012
One of my best friends used to stalk me for help on homework.

At first it was no big deal. Then he followed me everywhere. Lunch, gym, you name it. It got really annoying. So I told him to stop following me. (Sounded a bit harsh, but it was weird :c) He then confessed to me, which...idk was really surprising, cuz I'm an outcast. I turned him down, and told him I wasn't going to date anyone until I was in college.

He still followed me around after that, but I guess I didn't really mind anymore. We learned a lot about each other. He's the one that taught me how to have a laugh and not take life so seriously. (Which ruined my life as I now procrastinate my ass off and try to have fun, but I wouldn't change anything)
Feb 1, 2013 6:01 AM

Feb 2012
I've met my best friend when I was 4 years old and two years later, we met each other in our school. We went to same class for 5 years and then I changed schools, but we still kept in touch.
Nearly 15 years later, we are still best friends, we live very near each other and our families know each other as well. I guess we're friends because despite (or maybe thanks to them) our differencies, we still manage to find interesting topics to discuss, we are both pretty tolerant and don't argue with each other nonsensically and we have a very different taste when it comes to girls.
I guess it's not a very interesting story, but well.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Feb 1, 2013 7:58 AM

Sep 2009
I met some of my closest friends through an IRC channel.

After going through some personal issues which I'm not going to go into, I started hanging out on the forums, and after that the IRC channel. It was mostly quiet but at certain times there would be bursts of discussion among some people. One of those people used to poke fun at me a bit, but also amused me so I ended up checking their profile, and found out that they hung out on another, smaller channel. I was curious, so I decided to check it out and got started talking with a few people there.

Fast forward a year and a half, I've met almost all of them in person, and regularly hang out with one of them living in the same city as me. I'm seriously considering a permanent move here just so we can still hang out together.

Yeah, they mean a lot to me.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Feb 1, 2013 8:21 AM

Feb 2012
High School.

Freshmen year was just starting and it was the 5th largest HS in the nation. I tend to create a certain list of traits as part of my reputation and I wanted to waste no time in gaining that as early as possible after accomplishing it in Junior High, so I kept instigating myself into fights in the first few weeks. Everyone avoided it until I got to one guy who simply and calmly responded with, "aiight =/".

When dismissal came we both rushed down the stairs, out the school, and headed to the park that our school was next to. About 30 people followed.

It would be pointless for me to choreograph in text the entire fight as I'm sure no one wants to read that but it started with him throwing an excellently executed cross (with body pivoting in motion) into the side of my face, an impact so great that it cause my entire body to almost spin. I turned back up to him and responded with, "that it?", then threw a left cross (I'm a southpaw by default) in the same fashion into his cheek (I think we both purposely avoided fatal points such as the nose, front jaw, temples, etc. out of respect and to not go to jail lmao). He turned back and said the same thing to me, "that it homie?".

It ended with my knees around his neck and his huge hand around my neck with my upper back against the grass on the ground, and a few seconds into it we both started laughing at the same time as we were choking each other and eventually let go. Both our faces were bleeding to some extent, but not too much, and my bottom lip was swollen.

We instantly and calmly started casually talking such as asking where the other one was from or went home to and we found out we were from the same neighborhood (East Flatbush area of Brooklyn) and thus actually take the same train home from school. We talked on the way home and have been close friends with genuine mutual respect for each other since. The crowd that was there was pretty dumbfounded about how it ended up despite how violently we were fighting. We were both just way too impressed by how each of us could find another that had the same level of experience as the other which I think we both felt throughout that exchange that it caused us to eventually just start laughing. After all, we had nothing against each other personally to begin with.

We've been close friends for 9 years now. We've gone through many projects together and had a few of those years separated for a year at a time due to separate lives and separate goals but every time we start talking again even after a year or more of not saying a word, we always continue off like we were never away.

You know there's a profound level of respect when you can be away for a year at a time and still know for sure that the other one is continuing success in some area without ever telling each other about it.
BloodcaliburFeb 1, 2013 8:28 AM
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Feb 1, 2013 8:43 AM
Mar 2012
I have a lot of friends I got to know really, really good. But somehow a lot of us never survived the test of time. Which saddens me a bit, since I got along really good with some of them, and we were able to share a lot.

I think one of my friends, who coincidentally is also on MAL, who I got into anime, has been a good friend who I have been friends with since kindergarten, nothing special really. We got friends because of school, and used to hang out a lot in elementary, though both of us have changed schools, and have gotten into trouble with school, minor anyway. I got him into anime, and he got me into stuff. We share problems. No real wall of awkwardness between us (except if he'll read this :/).

Another guy I am really good friends with now, who is currently taking the same path of education as me, I have been having some real good discussions with. Our interests as sport freaks lie parallel, we are both into: cycling, football, darts, speed skating, whatever we are interested in, the other is as well. We share differentiated views on a huge number of subjects, and together with another few friends I made there, the breaks get really fun.
Feb 1, 2013 8:45 AM

Mar 2012
My best friend is also not originally from the UK too, I guess we kinda started talking for those reasons and then realised we were interested in a lot of similar things.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Feb 1, 2013 8:45 AM

Mar 2011
When I moved to university, they were in the other rooms of the corridor in which I lived. I live in the same house as them now, the end.

School friends... nah, I don't remember how I met them at all.
Feb 1, 2013 8:50 AM

Jul 2007
This one time, a new kid moved in and became friends with my best friend. He bragged about fixing his furnace so I bragged about fixing my computer. We sort of saw each other as rivals. Eventually, our mutual friend moved away and became a hard druggie.

Flash forward a couple of years and he decided to come to my house. We would watch cartoons together. From there it went to IM/neopets on computers in the same room and long walks on summer nights to cool off. This happened for a few years. Perhaps it was the peaceful atmosphere or the low expectations we had of each other, but it blossomed into a nice relationship that continues to this day.
Feb 1, 2013 9:19 AM

Jun 2009
I've only really had two close friends in person, both of which I met in the same area a few houses apart. I became friends with one around 6, while having a snowball fight. The second moved into the house next to me when I was 8. My dad knocked on their door to ask if he wanted to play with me, because I was too much of a loser to ask myself. Nothing special.

Though strangely, we later found out that both of their fathers played together in a band, and that we had actually all gone to a restaurant they were preforming at a year before properly meeting one another. I began getting much more attached to one of them when I was like 16, but sadly they both went onto college and university in different cities, so I haven't spoken to either in about 3+ years.

As for online, I'm a pretty private person I guess, so most of my close friends came around from people messaging me first, then just talking more often as time went by. Although totally unrelated to the thread, I feel like my personality has changed enormously since I was 16, so it makes me wonder if I would be the same if I were still talking to both the friends I met in person.
TrapaliciousFeb 1, 2013 9:22 AM
Feb 1, 2013 9:45 AM

Jan 2009
My best friend has been my classmate since 5th grade 'till high school (that's 8 years in total). We weren't especially close (I got along better with her twin sister as we shared the same taste in music and movies). I didn't like her that much, she was childish and a crybaby and I considered her annoying. It wasn't until the end of the 3rd year in high school that we started actually talking- I used to go to the art studio from our school in my summer holiday to work and at some moment she started to go with me. After that we got along, hung out, but we weren't really close. That summer we went to the birthday party of a common friend, after she got drunk she told me she was bi and confessed to me a few days later (this time too, helped by alcohol). We had a long talk then where I had to explain to her that I can't be more than a friend. Unexpectedly, after that we started to know each other better, discovered we were so much more different than I had already thought, but this actually helped in getting us closer. Now we are best friends, go to the same city for university, though we follow different majors.
Feb 1, 2013 10:14 AM

Dec 2010
Two friends that I would consider my closest are friends that I met in similar fashion. One I met in elementary school when we were around eight years old. Both of us were extremely athletic, so we would always end up being the last two in whatever competition we decided to hold during P.E. or after school. If my memory serves me right, we hated each other initially simply due to competitiveness, but at some point or another that hatred turned into respect, and we've been close friends ever since. He still gets super butt hurt when I beat him in any sport =P

As for my other "best" friend, we met during a competition as well, except this was a little later in middle school when my competitiveness led me from athletics to gaming. Skipping over all the little details, I beat him in a Warcraft 3 match. Since then we've been competing in various games from Halo to Counter Strike to SC:BW and SC2, but more then that we realized that personality wise we were almost identical. Weird how competition can bring people together.
Feb 1, 2013 10:16 AM

Feb 2012
Legendre said:
Two friends that I would consider my closest are friends that I met in similar fashion. One I met in elementary school when we were around eight years old. Both of us were extremely athletic, so we would always end up being the last two in whatever competition we decided to hold during P.E. or after school. If my memory serves me right, we hated each other initially simply due to competitiveness, but at some point or another that hatred turned into respect, and we've been close friends ever since. He still gets super butt hurt when I beat him in any sport =P

As for my other "best" friend, we met during a competition as well, except this was a little later in middle school when my competitiveness led me from athletics to gaming. Skipping over all the little details, I beat him in a Warcraft 3 match. Since then we've been competing in various games from Halo to Counter Strike to SC:BW and SC2, but more then that we realized that personality wise we were almost identical. Weird how competition can bring people together.
Hey fag, where is the story about you and me in there? Tell them about our legendary meeting and our ultra-legendary team.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Feb 1, 2013 10:36 AM

Dec 2010
Bloodcalibur said:
Legendre said:

Hey fag, where is the story about you and me in there? Tell them about our legendary meeting and our ultra-legendary team.

Thus, while the mute creation downward bend their sight, and to their earthly mother tend, a man looks aloft; and with erected eyes beholds his own hereditary skies. From such rude principles our form began; and earth was metamorphos'd into man. What was the man, you dare to ask? That man was Terr.. Bloodcalibur, a man from ages long past.

In the middle of the journey of his life, he came to himself in a dark wood, where the way was long forgotten. It is a hard thing to speak of how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood was, so that thinking of it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but, in order to tell of the good that he found there, I must tell of the other things he saw, for it is there that he befriended Legendre. Blood had been in search of a hero you see, an uncommon search indeed, when every year and month sends forth a new one, one that after cloying the gazettes with cant, the age itself discovers he is not the true one. Of such as these I should not care to vaunt, yet here stood Legendre.
Feb 1, 2013 11:22 AM
Oct 2011
In elementary school a guy used to live in the neighborhood, we went to the same school and were in the same school bus, and became close friends. After a couple of years his father died and he had to move with his family to another country, and the last time I saw him was in summer 2011, after finding him on Facebook in that same year.

In the first year of highschool a bunch of new students moved to my school, one of them had the same interest in music as I did, and he was one of those energetic types that overreacts a lot, kinda the opposite of me, and we became close friends after he saw me writing lyrics of a song on his previous desk, which was filled with names and lyrics for that same band.

The 2nd year of highschool I had to move to another school. The first close friend was a guy who was in my class, and lived near the house of my ex, so I met him a couple of times there, and after we talked it appeared that he had a lot of friends and people he knows from my previous school. The 2nd was also had the same music interest, I heard him talking about a band I liked at that time and our first conversation was about whether the girl in that band was hot or not (Karin from Sonic Syndicate), and then we became close friends. Then I grouped him with the close friend from my previous school and that was the best year of our life.

After we finished high-school each one of us went to a different country to continue our studies, and the country I moved to was Germany. After 6-8 months of being here, I made 3 close friends who spoke my language, a girl and 2 guys. The girl was in my language class, the 1st guy was also in that same institute, I was speaking with that girl once when he joined us, and we became friends. The 2nd guy was from my country, he was also in the same institute, but the 1st guy introduced me to him.
Candor123Feb 1, 2013 11:29 AM
Feb 1, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2012
What a great thread.

Lemme see:
My first best friend was when I was kind of a dick to everyone in high school. Because he was the smallest of our group, I ended up treating him like a punching bag. It was only in senior year when our group was drifting apart that I tried bringing them back. But for some odd reason, I actually have no clue why I'm his friend. He's like me, but in every possible way worse. I guess it's the similarity in values, perhaps. And that he listens.

2nd one (although not friends anymore due to... his own sleepiness) was in the same group. Only instead of coming to him to make amends, he came to me. After a long tale of him losing his best friend in middle school, he ended up confiding in me other oddities of himself that I never really knew about him. At any rate, I managed to restore his friendship with person 1 as well.

3rd one... There wasn't a third one. I guess we (the friend group) gave up reuniting everyone after that.
Feb 1, 2013 11:32 AM

Feb 2012
Legendre said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Legendre said:

Thus, while the mute creation downward bend their sight, and to their earthly mother tend, a man looks aloft; and with erected eyes beholds his own hereditary skies. From such rude principles our form began; and earth was metamorphos'd into man. What was the man, you dare to ask? That man was Terr.. Bloodcalibur, a man from ages long past.

In the middle of the journey of his life, he came to himself in a dark wood, where the way was long forgotten. It is a hard thing to speak of how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood was, so that thinking of it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but, in order to tell of the good that he found there, I must tell of the other things he saw, for it is there that he befriended Legendre. Blood had been in search of a hero you see, an uncommon search indeed, when every year and month sends forth a new one, one that after cloying the gazettes with cant, the age itself discovers he is not the true one. Of such as these I should not care to vaunt, yet here stood Legendre.

An epic epic, what can I say.

I only hope we can gather more for our legion in preparation for the coming Apocalypse. But it is not in number will we triumph over such a foul imbalance in the universe, but in our resolve, will, and in the edge of our blades.

Feb 1, 2013 1:01 PM

Aug 2012

Extremely touching, I shed a couple of tears.

On topic now, I probably have three extremely close friends. I was in preschool and I was playing by myself when this girl suddenly threw a ball at me and hit me in the head and then proceeded to completely destroy me in a fight until our teacher broke it up. After that, I tried annoying her just about every day, and eventually we became friends, and we were pretty much in every class together up until 8th grade (at which point I started to like her beyond a friend), when her house burned down and her mom got another job across the country, at which point she had to move, and I haven't seen her since. (It's been almost 4 years now).

I met my 2nd friend at the same time, when I chucked a baby doll at him when he tore down my tower of blocks in pre school. Been best buds ever since, and we've done just about everything together

And I met my 3rd friend in 2nd grade. She was your stereotypical lonely rich girl (who was quite hefty at the time), and she had no friends. We ended up sitting right next to each other for the whole year, and we eventually became friends. Fast forward nine years, and she's now a knockout beauty that every guy dreams about and we're still extremely close and we hang out nearly every day. (I'm hoping I don't end up falling into the pit of despair that is the friend zone though...)
Feb 1, 2013 1:07 PM

Jun 2011
I've known her since I was 2. Pretty much explains it.
Mar 13, 2013 9:35 AM

Nov 2008
one from highschool.

we pretty much disliked/hated each other in the first year (grade7/age 10/11), we were just so different, and so similar lol.
then next year, somehow we kinda just talked for once and became friends.
we msg/email every other day since shes 1/2 across the world, and though we haven't seen each other for 5+years we're still best friends.
there are so many instances were friendship was def strengthened, but its impossible to pick one.

with my rowing team, the ~10 of us + our coach were all really close, we spent at least 4hrs a day with each other 5-6days of the week.
seriously, blood, tears and sweat from each one of us.
there is a particular event that strengthened us, but its really really long =_=, so i'll spare you the trouble and annoyance.
Mar 13, 2013 9:48 AM

Nov 2009
My best friend? Well, my Mom actually made friends with this lady where she was working with, now I should explain I was about 18 months old at this point and the lady, as it turns out was also a mom with a 12 month old baby. The ironic part kicks in when my mom found out that the lady's husband was actually a good friend from college, and so my mom and my best friend's mom got really close (probably because they could talk about there kids in the workplace) and so I would always be with my best friend, 20 years later I still consider him my best friend...

Not sure if that is very interesting although I know it is uncommon to be best friends with someone you don't even remember meeting (due to a lack of short term memory) ... and the coincidence with my Mom knowing someone she went to college with.
Mar 13, 2013 9:53 AM

May 2012
My best friends I just met randomly during school and stuck together.

As a kid I used to get into a fair amount of fights and I ended up becoming friends with the people I got into fights with, sounds like a weird way to become friends with someone but it definitely worked when I was younger. :P
Mar 13, 2013 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
I don't have a best friend -anymore- but I have a couple of close friends. They're actually twins. We met in middle school, at first we hated each other, then we became ort of friends, then we had this huge HUGE fight and now we're closer than ever.
Nothing interesting about how we met though, we just so happened to be in the same class for 3 years straight.
Insert wise quote here
Mar 13, 2013 10:13 AM

Mar 2013
I haven't really met her in a while, because we both are really busy with school and all. But we still talk a lot online and stuff.

I met her online on this website forum, where you can have friends and share stuff with them and play casual games and shit.. This one friend I had on that forum made a post for her friends to see about this ice-skating event which only happens when the ice is REALLY good. (It hasn't happened any more since the year I was born though, I wish to be able to see it just once in my life).

And well, as someone who is into Ice skating(occasional though), I decided to reply to her post. And there I met this girl who just completely was against the idea of the event, and that she hoped the ice would fail that year yet again(There was some really good ice to skate on that year). Because she didn't want tourist to come in the region, and that ice-skating was stupid.

I posted saying: ''Dude, awesome! I also live in that region'' to the girl, and we started talking to each other by mail. And then we found out that we were in the same year although in another school, and that we even lived in the same town. Not even 500 Meter away from each other. (I live on the country side, it was really rare for someone like that to live so close to me).

So when we found out we both liked anime and manga, we decided to meet up. We became friends almost instantly, and we've been ever since. She really helped me get more social, and even more motivated about school. (not that she listened to her own words about school). We now go to cosplay meetings with each other(along with another friend of us, which we later found out that had similar interests), and even to conventions.

She is also the only friend who has ever seen me cry...
Mar 13, 2013 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
As far as i can remember almost all the friends i made in school were either my roomates or i was mean to them first.
One of my best friends and i only got close after i slapped her.it was kind of funny cuz i wasnt planning on actually hitting her but she wouldnt shut up about how i pissed her off so i slapped her.she shut up and then out of nowhere we were both laughing. She just stared at me laughing i just laughed back. oh the memories <3

“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
Mar 13, 2013 6:43 PM

Jun 2011
I honestly can't remember how I became buds with my friends. I just kinda remember chilling with them on the playground, I have no memory on how I met them.
Mar 13, 2013 6:56 PM

Feb 2013
meet a whole group of best friends in 2nd grade
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Mar 13, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2012
i dont remember how i met my friends all i remember is that i met them in 7th grade
RRRRRRRRRR
Mar 13, 2013 9:44 PM

Mar 2012
The only story I have comes from the heyday of Myspace.

I got a comment on my profile from a guy that went to my middle school (this was the summer after 8th grade) that read something along the lines of "You like Jap cars, too? We should hang out." Not one hour later, this guy whom I'd never met before was at my house and we proceeded to hang out and bullshit daily for the entire summer.

Gradually life got more and more complicated and now we rarely see each other since he's working and I'm in school.
Kinda sad, really.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Mar 14, 2013 10:51 AM

Aug 2012
I ditched all my RL friends a few years ago because of an incurable illness....

My current friends are people I met in a few mmo's , we kinda were just joking around in guild chat and every day we talked to each other more and more. Till one point we all joined skype together so we could really talk to each other and yeah.. that's about it lol
GhostonyMar 14, 2013 11:33 AM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Mar 14, 2013 7:31 PM

Aug 2009
I was in middle school 7th grade. I became friends with a classmate of mine.,he was about several months younger than me.I will just call him Bob. At the time he lived on the other side of the block I lived on.We would hang out, have sleep overs, burn stuff with magnifying glasses, fence with fencing swords, go to church,vandalize property,play nintendo and other fun shit. One day Bob's family moved about 3-4 blocks away and moved into an apartment building. There me and Bob met a boy who lived on the corner of that block,he was a few years younger than us and we became friends with him.I will call him John. Me, Bob and John would hang out off and on.One day a couple years later Bob got into sexual relations with John's mom and suddenly Bob was too good to hang out with John and me. John's mom had John when she was around 12-15 years old so at the time she was kind of a MILF. Me and John still hung out.Bob married John's mom and had 3 kids with her.Due to Bob sleeping with John's mom and marrying her Bob and John are no longer friends.Although I am still Bob's friend and John is my best friend. I have known Bob for about 24 years and John about 23 years.Me, John,John's mom,and John's sisters consider each other to be family.
Mar 14, 2013 7:34 PM
Sep 2008
I met my best friend at 11 years old because she had a pikachu keychain on her backpack.

That was 11 years ago. Now all we do is threaten to come in as an angry twerk team and wreck the shit outta Ross.
Mar 15, 2013 5:10 PM

Dec 2012
I think it was around grade 4 when I was teasing this fat kid because of the way he looked, I rallied up several of my friends and we picked on him during recess. After recess he told the teacher on me and I was suspended for a day. When I came back to school I noticed that he lived IN the opposite building where I was living at. One day our neighbour hosted a BBQ and I met him there again with his parents. Of course his parents knew about what I had done to him but I approached him anyways pretending none of the teasing happened. I don't remember exactly what happened next but he came over to my house and we played together on my Nintendo Gamecube (think we were playing Super Mario Double Dash) and yeah that's how it happened. His parents didn't approve of him being friends with me at first but eventually they were okay with it.
Mar 15, 2013 6:33 PM

Aug 2011
1 of my closest friend.
I'm an outcast and did not have a friend until I met her.
She's the outgoing type while Im the really quiet and shy type.

I met her on the first day of primary school when we were sitting right beside each other(I was sitting beside the door). We clicked the instant we met each other and become each other close friend for the next 2 years.
But when were in primary 3, we got into different class. We never talk to each other even once when we passed by each other. Somehow...we just grew apart.
When I was in primary5, we got into the same class again and we are back to being friends. Just that we were no longer as close as we used to be. I became the complete odd 1 out when I was p6 and she was the only 1 who was willing to even talk to me. The other classmates will just laughed at me(or is that verbal bully...).

I did not asked her which school she put in her choices. But coincidentally 1 of her 6choices was 1 of mine too(none of our first choice and our marks wasn't right at the cut off point). Surprisingly, we got into the same Secondary School and less then 10ppl(including us) from the same primary school got into the same Secondary School as us.

We did not get into the same class. Surprisingly, the first friend(her best friend) she make in our new School happens to be the close friend of my first friend in this school too. There was only like 4 of them from the same primary school that got into our Secondary School. We only found out when we met each other when they brought us to meet each other after 2 or 3days we started school(Somehow,we didn't met each other before that.). For the next few years in Secondary School, 4 of us were a clique.
I decided to choose a club that I have no interest in because I knew that if she is in that Club, I will not be lonely. Both of us ended up in the same Club and same section(our instructor chose which section we were throw to anyway. ). Our club has over 90 people and our section has like 6ppl including us. There was another guy who was also in the same year as us but he played that instrument back in Primary School. So, both of us learned the same instrument together and got through that next few years in our club. Now we are still close to one another.

Also, our taste in tv shows are very similar. She likes the same show as I do and dislike similar ones as well.

Sadly, we got into different School for tertiary education.
SoshinraMar 15, 2013 6:38 PM

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Mar 15, 2013 7:14 PM

Mar 2013
Don't expect a heartwarming story about friendship.

A buddy of mine, we'll call him M, I met in high school.
I'm not sure what qualifies a close friend, but he's pretty much the closest friend I have at this point. I don't care about being surrounded by friends nearly as much as I did in high school, and I really only have a few buddies I study and hang out with every now and then.

I didn't talk to M much in High School because he always seemed to be upset and it was hard for anyone to approach him. Often times he had dark circles in his eyes and he hardly ever wore a smile. It surprised me how resilient his girlfriend, who is notable for her extrovertism and general happiness, was in putting up with his gloomy ass all the time. I figured he was just putting on a sad face for attention. I've seen his type before, I thought to myself.

He wasn't always sad, though. When he did wear a smile, everyone else did too. When he was happy, everyone else was happy. He always knew how to make people laugh and he was great at having conversations with people. This is kind of what drew me to him as a friend. This guy was really cool and it'd be cool to hang with him.

But, like I said earlier, he was a person that was often very difficult to approach. We graduated not really knowing each other that well, lol. We hung out sometimes during high school and did marching band together for a few years, but eh.

Next year of high school(we were alumni at this point), we went to go see the marching band practice their new show(this was a big practice for them, they were supposed to have everything polished and ready, so we figured it'd be a good time to go), and I pick him up and talk to the guy. We catch up on all kinds of shit, tell each other about our own adventures over summer vacation.

I'm not sure where in the conversation this comes up, but he mentioned he had a surgical plate in his wrist. That struck me as unusual because I'd never known about it until now. He told me the story behind it.

Turns out, he was cooking food and his mother pushed him over because he "wasn't doing it right", or something along those lines. He broke his wrist, and whenever he confronted his parents about it, they shrugged it off and told him that he would eventually get better. They held off on necessary surgery for weeks before giving him the care he needed.

Turns out, his parents have been abusing him for as long as he could remember and he's been suicidal for years. They never gave him support for anything and did absolutely nothing but make him feel unloved and unwanted. This is why he always felt like utter shit. To this day, his parents aren't paying a cent for him to go to college.

When he told his parents that he wanted to study music, they called him a faggot. They threaten to kick him out if he drops out of college and loses his scholarship. He's studying computer science now, but he's barely scraping by.

This is really just scratching the surface of what he had to endure.

To this day, his parents refuse to pay for his schooling because they "give him a roof over his head".

Bullshit.

Anyway, I'm trying my best to help him out of his shitty situation. Things are looking brighter little by little.
StrictlyStupidMar 15, 2013 7:23 PM
Mar 18, 2013 3:42 PM

Dec 2012
I met my best friend at a mental hospital. Don't think that i'm a patient! There was a golf event or something like that, I think we were both eight years old. We were the only children and sticked together. Because the event was held by some kind of organisation my parents joined, I saw her again and again. Finally I entered the same school, and we became best friends along the way. Now we've been friends for almost ten years now :)
Mar 18, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2012
A golf event at a mental hospital, intriguing!
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

17 by MalchikRepaid »»
3 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

24 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

24 by tsukareru »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 7 hours ago

24 by tsukareru »»
24 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

34 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.