Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Jan 2021
After 37 episodes! Finally! FINALLY!

Omg. I didn't think there would be an episode of Versailles that would make me cry. This. This is the episode that made me cry. I didn't realize I've been crying since Andre couldn't see Oscar in her office, until when Oscar finally said she loved him too (ಥ﹏ಥ)♡ I can't. This is too beautiful and yet so tragic. I'm sure it won't end in a happy ending... and that just makes me cry more.

"I'm going with you, Oscar. I always have and I always will."

"I'll always be by your side."

Hey look, I have a new one on my favorites list.

Sep 19, 2023 2:47 PM
Jul 2023
Absolutely insane that Oscar would get with Andre after he ripped her shirt off however many episodes ago. Rosalie x Oscar would make wayyyy more sense as the final pairing, but I guess you can't be outright gay in media at this time. Rosalie being with Bernard came out of nowhere and now Oscar with Andre makes even less sense. Thank God the revolution stuff is good or else this would be leading to a terrible ending. Maybe it's just trying to go for the tragic romance with Oscar dying and her death being the last thing Andre ever sees before going blind, but my god their romance is terrible developed all because of that single scene being completely brushed off.
Dec 8, 2023 3:59 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Cayusashi
Absolutely insane that Oscar would get with Andre after he ripped her shirt off however many episodes ago. Rosalie x Oscar would make wayyyy more sense as the final pairing, but I guess you can't be outright gay in media at this time. Rosalie being with Bernard came out of nowhere and now Oscar with Andre makes even less sense. Thank God the revolution stuff is good or else this would be leading to a terrible ending. Maybe it's just trying to go for the tragic romance with Oscar dying and her death being the last thing Andre ever sees before going blind, but my god their romance is terrible developed all because of that single scene being completely brushed off.
@Cayusashi I don't like Andre for that, but Andre x Oscar does make sense. They've been childhood friends for the longest time, and feelings were there for both parties (just less pronounced for Oscar).

I do like Rosalie x Oscar though, and I do agree that Bernard came out of nowhere. Though I guess Rosalie didn't want to wait around for Oscar, especially since women at that time were likely not allowed to get married. So she just gave up and moved on with her life.
Dec 8, 2023 4:00 AM

Apr 2017
I shall finish the last three episodes. I've said what I thought about Andre, and I still don't like that he was forceful with Oscar. Still, that aside, I'm glad that they're together. They've been friends since they were kids, and it's finally great to see them together. It was depressing AF to see him wrongly describe that picture. I was waiting on Oscar to tell him that he was wrong, but she was too busy crying to say it. That confirmed that he was really going blind.
Feb 9, 11:15 AM

Jun 2015
Dude, like, what the hell? You can't get married without witnesses. It's like two teenagers eloping together and writing a marriage contract on notebook paper. I thought Oscar would stay honorable and pure till the day of her death.

Oh well, they see themselves as married. Her father gave Andre his blessings of sorts. France is on fire. Yeah, this type of marriage in this situation is valid I guess.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 25, 6:33 AM

Mar 2020
From the time skip onwards, the series really improves. The melodrama that's always been there really ramps up. After Oscar and Marie's last conversation this episode and the whole doomed lovers stuff with the terminally ill Oscar and the blinded André, the series really has entered the "peak" of it.
The portrait scene was especialy sad

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 )

fanty - Nov 5, 2009

74 by GinGmaximum »»
Apr 19, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yma981 - Sep 23, 2008

65 by ArtimesGamer »»
Apr 19, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 19, 2009

41 by Natt_5cents »»
Apr 18, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 32 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Nov 30, 2008

48 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 4, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 6, 2011

24 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.