Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2013 5:54 AM

Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a LONG 2 week wait but man was it worth it.

Best heroine has finally made her debut
i almost teared up when midori showed up~ the visuals looked really good this week as well.

they finally played thin chronicle :) and they got some childhood scenes animated

Funya-UsagiJan 5, 2013 6:05 AM
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Jan 5, 2013 5:58 AM

Dec 2012
blubberflub said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

i almost teared up when midori showed up~ the visuals looked really good this week as well.

they finally played thin chronicle :)

Know a good place I can watch it? I've been really excited to watch this episode!
Jan 5, 2013 6:02 AM

Aug 2011
check ur pm
Jan 5, 2013 6:03 AM

Feb 2012
I wouldn't mind the same pm :3
Jan 5, 2013 6:09 AM
Sep 2012

They didn't even change the OP/ED. Way to go JC Staff.
Jan 5, 2013 6:35 AM

Feb 2012
^^they might change it at the end of this arc, it would make more sense. It's not like they have to change it at a certain episode, anyway it's 26 episode, this is the end of the first half. Either way there's still hope :D
Jan 5, 2013 6:35 AM
Jan 2011
I think next week we will become a new OP/ED. Because 26 Episodes, 13 OP1+ED1 and 13 OP2+ED2 or maybe Episode 15, surprise surprise^^
Jan 5, 2013 6:37 AM

Aug 2011
^wasn't really expecting it, they're keeping true to the Key anime pattern where they keep the same op throughout.

at most i think they're going to change the two scenes with midori/komari's shooting star in the OP to something with haruka/kud or something

also lmao at the seduction scene, they took out the kiss ~
Jan 5, 2013 6:39 AM

Dec 2012
blubberflub said:
check ur pm

Thanks for the link!

Anyway, this episode was fantastic!! Something I've come to realise is just how solid they're making the plot. You don't need to understand all of the dialogue to understand what's happening, which is amazing.

I can't still tell if they're going romance, but it seems like it might. The scene with Midori under the tree really seems like it might.

Can't wait for episode 14!!
Jan 5, 2013 6:40 AM

May 2011
bippo said:
They didn't even change the OP/ED. Way to go JC Staff.

Yeah, get sore over something that has happened with several other series before. Good game.

Very nice start on Nishizono's route so far. Midori teasing Riki is still loads of fun, lol.
Jan 5, 2013 6:41 AM

Feb 2012
blubberflub said:
^wasn't really expecting it, they're keeping true to the Key anime pattern where they keep the same op throughout.

at most i think they're going to change the two scenes with midori/komari's shooting star in the OP to something with haruka/kud or something

also lmao at the seduction scene, they took out the kiss ~

true ^_^ Just wishing for different animation, not a big fan of the the way they did this op. It's still fine, just prefer a change ^_^

Just finished watching it :D man, everything was so great ^_^ sad to not see Haruka or Kurugaya though :/ but all of the Midori makes up for that :D
smilewolfyJan 5, 2013 7:05 AM
Jan 5, 2013 7:16 AM

Jan 2011
Seano299 said:
blubberflub said:

they finally played thin chronicle :)

Know a good place I can watch it? I've been really excited to watch this episode!

May I have a link too? I'd like to see Midori's epic trolling :D
dizzyworld2Jan 5, 2013 7:33 AM
Jan 5, 2013 7:25 AM
Sep 2012
kenshin_sama said:

Yeah, get sore over something that has happened with several other series before. Good game.

So Edgy. Lighten up.
Jan 5, 2013 7:31 AM

Aug 2012
@blubberflub can i get that pm as well?
Jan 5, 2013 7:33 AM

Aug 2011
the raws are already uploaded. pm me if you still can't find it
Jan 5, 2013 7:35 AM
Dec 2012
It was OK. A bit predictable though.
Jan 5, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2011
Time to wait for subs :<.
Jan 5, 2013 8:23 AM

Jan 2011
Does anyone have a link for SD subs? My internet's really slow today T__T
Jan 5, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2011
I could say the pacing is kinda good but in all honesty I don't know what to say because I'm busy replaying P3P which I couldn't concentrate on watching. I'll just wait for the subs and the next episode.

Jan 5, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2011
dizzyworld2 said:

You won't find subs for Little busters for another like 6-8 Hours.
Jan 5, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2008
Not keeping "Little Busters!" as the opening song will make me very sad :(
They should change out the ED sometime soon though, especially if we're moving into sad territory, as Alicemagic is too happy.

And I just thought of a slow/gentle version of "Little Busters!" for a second season, because yeah I want them to keep the song throughout :p

Good episode, all though I have to say they shouldn't use Riki's monolouge so much, as you can show a lot of it through visuals alone in an anime, compared to a visual novel. Then again, you could argue this is more true to the original, but oh well.
Wafuu~
Jan 5, 2013 8:47 AM

Jan 2011
Tyrel said:
dizzyworld2 said:

You won't find subs for Little busters for another like 6-8 Hours.

Oh my bad, I ment raw//
Jan 5, 2013 9:00 AM

Aug 2011
cxu said:

They should change out the ED sometime soon though, especially if we're moving into sad territory, as Alicemagic is too happy.

And I just thought of a slow/gentle version of "Little Busters!" for a second season, because yeah I want them to keep the song throughout :p

I'm 80% sure they're going to use Clear weather after the rain (vocal) for the next episode ED seeing that they changed the ED for episode 6 to the original version of Alicemagic.

for second season i'm hoping they make an anime original song. But it's gotta be as epic as toki wo kizamu uta.
Jan 5, 2013 9:18 AM

Jul 2010
Interesting episode! The long wait was worth. But a lot of QUALITY in this ep.

Ugh, subs in spanish be ready for tomorrow, so bad ;___;

Ah~~~ Can't wait for the next episode!!! ;___;

PD: Who is Midori's seiyuu?
Jan 5, 2013 9:44 AM

Jan 2011
blubberflub said:
cxu said:

I'm 80% sure they're going to use Clear weather after the rain (vocal) for the next episode ED seeing that they changed the ED for episode 6 to the original version of Alicemagic.

for second season i'm hoping they make an anime original song. But it's gotta be as epic as toki wo kizamu uta.

Agreed. not to mention that Mio's last episode (next episode) starts the 2nd half of the series.
If they do make an anime original song (which I hope), I wonder if they'll use an existing OST.

Finally found a SD raw. Aside from the lack of frames in a few moments and the badly drawn shadows during the Riki and Midori scene, I enjoyed this episode.
Jan 5, 2013 9:48 AM

Aug 2011
Pandita088 said:

PD: Who is Midori's seiyuu?

her seiyuu is the same as Mio's

also everybody get ready for the WTF next episode.
Funya-UsagiJan 5, 2013 10:21 AM
Jan 5, 2013 4:01 PM

Oct 2012
wow... long wait after 2 weeks break... is mio arc end here?
i will wait for english sub. XD

Jan 5, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
ryshin said:
wow... long wait after 2 weeks break... is mio arc end here?
i will wait for english sub. XD

Oh no, hers will end next episode. We still have more of Midori's epic trolling, Mio/Midori backstory, and getting Mio back [:
English subs are now out~ /not that I can watch it b/c of this computer can't handle playing 720p OTL
Jan 5, 2013 5:44 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode. Love to see more of Midori on the next episode.
Jan 5, 2013 5:55 PM

Sep 2012
Nostalgic episode with the beach and Riki's childhood. That was a nicely paced episode. There probably will be a new ED and hopefully new OP.
Jan 5, 2013 6:05 PM

Sep 2012
Everyone seems to be talking about OP/ED changes...

I don't mind if they don't change anything at all (after all, Clannad, Air and Kanon never did), but if they were going to, keep "Little Busters!" as the OP theme, but change a few of the scenes (add more of the breakdown scenes from the original VN OP). Alicemagic can be changed, but I don't really think it matters. It's not like LB has any other fitting ED themes (maybe "Song for Friends", but that's more of an insert song than a fitting ED).

Anyways on to the episode:

Definitely, a lot of raw content was removed from the original route, but it does deliver the main "route" material without too much of a loss. Interesting to see they cut directly to the beach, skipping the bookstore and whatnot, but I'm guessing that will manifest itself as "common route" type material later. Also guessing they will put the backstory of Mio in next episode, though I do believe that in the VN Mio herself told Riki about it before she disappeared (wait, actually maybe that's not right). And I noticed they removed the part about Mio disappearing for a second while on the beach. I suppose it wasn't too important, but it wouldn't have hurt to include it just before Midori appeared.

Interesting to see UTW's translation of the bird poem:

Does not a white bird
Feel within her heart folorn?
The blue of the sky,
The blue of the sea.
Neither stains her; between them, she floats.

I know no Japanese whatsoever, so I cannot speak for accuracy, but it seems like an excellent job, definitely sounding more like a poem you'd find in English literature. That said, I still think the VN translators' poem is more beautiful in its simplicity:

The seagull
wonder if she is sad
left alone without being touched
by the blue of the sky
or the blue of the sea.
SleepingEntityJan 5, 2013 6:10 PM
Jan 5, 2013 6:12 PM

Jan 2012
Watashi wa "shocked"
Seriously, I was guessing pretty wild about Mio/Midori at the beach scene about what secret she had. If they were twins or splitted bodies.
Jan 5, 2013 6:12 PM

Aug 2011
i honestly think it's better that they sort of went straight to the conflict.

Komari's breakdown happened at the end of her second episode essentially giving them one episode to execute the conflict AND resolution.

here we've already gotten more time to develop "a world without mio" than the 15 minutes of broken komari and still have a whole nother episode dedicated to the resolution.
Jan 5, 2013 6:48 PM

Sep 2011
The direction of the shadows are pretty inconsistent, I realized xD Nice episode though. Worth the long wait.
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Jan 5, 2013 7:13 PM

Nov 2011
Okay, so most of the characters besides Riki are forgetting Mio in this episode. Also, there's another Mio or rather Midori. Hmm...things got a little interesting.

Dat smile:

So lively and full of life unlikely her other personality. Anyways, so regarding the shadow, so that's why she always carries an umbrella...very interesting.

Well, this episode was actually interesting.
Jan 5, 2013 7:19 PM

Oct 2010
I loved this episode. Midori is a pleasantly surprising addition to the cast. I'm looking forward to discovering her motives next week. I'm assuming that the rest of the girls will have three episodes each and two episodes left for a finale. As for the opening, I love listening to it and hope that only the animation for it is changed (if they do change it).
FabulousSirJan 5, 2013 9:38 PM

Jan 5, 2013 7:20 PM

Nov 2012
Just watched with subs,
It's a good episode but it felt short maybe because of the cliffhanger.
I hope a few scenes from OP be changed at episode 15 after Mio's arc.

I fell in love with Mio at this scene! Just look at that smile

So EPIC! I paused the video for a while at this scene.

// no "Mission Start!" at the preview?

Can't wait for the next episode.
Saber24Jan 5, 2013 7:33 PM

Komari Kamikita    Mio Nishizono      Rin Natsume    Yuiko Kurugaya   Haruka Saigusa  Kudryavka Noumi
Jan 5, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
long wait glad it's finally back hopefully the op/ed do change even just a little bit

good episode overall what happens next week got me real good
Jan 5, 2013 7:37 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode. I haven't played the game, so I don't know what will happen but.

ASKJDF.

MIO COME BACK.

SOB>
Jan 5, 2013 8:11 PM

May 2011
I watched the episode it was good. It made me remember about Clannad, I know they are from the same company, this and I really felt sad for what happened. I hope that they make the next episode very sensitive. T.T
Jan 5, 2013 8:11 PM

Nov 2007
Really? Some people are complaining over the lack of a new OP/ED? Please tell me I'm just getting trolled because that is pretty stupid considering this is a KEY series.

A good episode once again, the revelation of the lack of shadow was well done, can't wait for the finale next week.

BTW Midori > Mio
Jan 5, 2013 8:15 PM

Mar 2011
Oh boy! There's something about the vibe of Key stuff that really makes you feel blissful when seeing the summer sky scene's!

Good ep, with more Key lows to come next episode. Hopefully then well move on to a new arc for some Key highs which are always funny!
Jan 5, 2013 8:25 PM

Aug 2008
This arc so far has been nicely done. I was afraid they were going to rush this episode like hell like the way they did with Komari's.

I really like this episode. They really portrayed Midori's mischievous side well. I also think Mio/Midori look cuter in the anime than in the visual novel.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 5, 2013 8:48 PM

Aug 2011
Really good. Im liking this situation. This episode had me going "oh shit" a couple of times.
Jan 5, 2013 8:54 PM

Oct 2012
really love this episode.... when she intend to kiss riki, midori seems so good... XD

Jan 5, 2013 8:54 PM

Jan 2012
This episode was done a lot better than the previous episodes.

No one noticing their shadows was a bit odd and hard to believe that it goes unnoticed.....oh well, I should probably try not to apply too much logic into this.
Jan 5, 2013 9:08 PM

Jun 2011
Is this for real? I mean, why she doesn't have a shadow? Does she have the power to erase people's memories? What have she done to Mio and why? Why are Riki's flashbacks so frame-less? ...WHY?
Jan 5, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
I still think we should wait and see which heroine he chooses cause Rin hasn't had her arc yet now has she.
Jan 5, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2009
Intereo said:
Is this for real? I mean, why she doesn't have a shadow? Does she have the power to erase people's memories? What have she done to Mio and why? Why are Riki's flashbacks so frame-less? ...WHY?

most likely another prersonality Mio is the original and Midori the other. that is why both have half of a Shadow.
Jan 5, 2013 9:25 PM

Dec 2011
What the heck? She is a ghost????

I am so going to be disappointed if this is all just a dream Riki is in.
Although, this is the most interesting arc so far!
It is not done yet!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

759 by WheatIey »»
Oct 12, 2023 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.