Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 24, 2008 5:48 PM

May 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woot~ We have made progress~ Story moving along now... Almost to current with the manga? omg??? do I sense a really crazy ending different from the manga? ;<
[Erm, spoiler necessary?]

But wow... Rather a lot of action in this episode (relatively speaking) along with drama...
Flashbacks of Yuuki's past was... meh. It could of been more elaborate... or, just more interesting somehow... I expected more of a thrill... more action.
The whole Kaname and Yuuki interaction was... uh... lame... Not that enticing/intriguing. But it was at least cute, in ways? More cheesy than anything else, in my opinion, though...
The revelation of their relationship was... initially a bit disturbing. ;P
Ah well...Got to see Rima in combat... that was fun. Rido is quite evil indeed to hurt a model's face. ;/ Woot to Shiki for gaining some conscience.
Everyone was so self-reflective and "Emo-ish..." Too soap-opera-ish. ;/
Altogether was a good episode, though... Finally picking up speed to a climax, I see.

Can't wait to see next week's episode~ >x<~!
Nov 24, 2008 7:10 PM

Jan 2008
very loyal to the book. i'm rather happy about that, considering this one of my favorite part. i dont find this series dragging, as to compare to the previous episodes. considering i had read the manga several times already, i dont find the revelations on this episode shocking. however, i am still left quite satisfied. probably because i wasnt expecting it to be spectacular. i had learned some lesson, from my previous disappointments of this series.

five more episodes, isnt it? the're still much to cover. the manga is not even over yet. maybe season three? i really hope so. as much as i want to know how it will end. but i dont think i am obsessed enough to say that i dont want it to end, but at least, i as of the moment, i am enjoying myself, to continue watching it for now, at the very least.
lblsslxNov 24, 2008 9:40 PM
MY SIGNATURE

Nov 24, 2008 7:41 PM

Mar 2008
my new anime crush : Rima!!!
she's pretty weak compared to the unawakened Rido, but she's just so cute..
well, after reading the manga, this episode was a bit disappointing.. i was like 'what? it's ending here??' well, at least yuuki can see through doors now.. cool..
she just can't deny that she loves zero.. "Aitai.. zero ni aitai!" ^^ oh she forgot "and i'm going to suck back all that blood he sucked!" XD
"Hisshi ni ore no koto ga hitsuyouna you ni kikoeru" that's right, zero. she needs you desperately ^^
only 5 more episodes, huh.. but the last few episodes seem very promising.. =D
but if there is a season 3, it will have to wait till next summer or autumn maybe, since there's only one chapter per month.. >.<
Nov 26, 2008 10:50 AM

May 2008
This was the best episode I ever saw(L)
Nov 26, 2008 12:15 PM

Apr 2008
Interesting, yo. Kaname/Yuuki is a little disturbing, but that bed scene was really sweet. Rima and Ruka are nice, strong females, too. [:

THAT VAMPIRE KNIGHT DS GAME LOOKS COOL.
D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2008 2:18 PM

Sep 2008
I was wondering when they'd FINALLY get on to this part.
*dead from the KanamexYuuki crap* I want to see Zero and ZeroxYuuki scenes again D: Although I've read the manga, so I'm all prepared for everything. But still :/ We only got like 2 scenes with him this episode...
Nov 26, 2008 2:41 PM

Nov 2008
It seemed quite dramatic.
The Kaname/Yuuki thing was just a tad bit creepy, though. It's cool that we got to see Rima in action, as she's one of my favorite characters from this. ^.^ It's nice that Shiki got a little control back too.
Kind of sad though, that Zero was pointing that gun at Yuuki, though I understand why he did that.
Nov 27, 2008 12:41 AM

Aug 2008
I realized that I don't like any of the characters in this anime :|

I'm glad that Ruka's skin doesn't look green anymore XD
Nov 27, 2008 6:01 AM

Apr 2008
lonehunter88 said:
well, at least yuuki can see through doors now.. cool..

You're right, I thought the same ;p
Nov 28, 2008 5:19 AM

Nov 2007
i loved this episode, even tough the whole "it`s ok to marry your sister" thing is a little disturbing, i`d much rather if there will be no kaname\yuuki. Oo i love rima and shiki and i love them even more as a couple so that`s awesome. :D
Nov 28, 2008 7:21 AM

Jul 2008
I really liked this episode.. hehehe can't wait until the next one ;) tuesday I believe?? at least the raws that is..
but that incest thing is going a bit beyond my reach.. anyhow I love it :)

cheers for shiki!!
Nov 28, 2008 4:55 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-Wow it really is nice of them to reveal Yuuki's secret like that and tie up a bunch of loose ends. Seriously I think I underestimated this series.

-Kaname, I know since you are a vampire the term "sister" can be applied very liberally but still, do you really want to have gimpy children?

-Rima: "Who are you?" Thats the million dollar question.

-Yuuki seems thirsty...for blood!

-Yuuki: "Ive been acting strange, ive always been in love with my own brother."
Kaname: "So what?"

*Starts singing sweet home Alabama.*

-Alright first actual fight scene in forever!

-Oh crap, even when she is a pure blood vampire Yuuki is STILL angsty!

-Oh sweet thats right, this means that Kaname isnt the only pure blood around anymore so the others have to obey Yuuki too...wow this changes alot.

Post episode comments:

Well its nice to have so many questions answered, even if it is this late in the season. It seems like everything is starting to come to a head (finally). Hopefully Yuuki's new identity means she is less of an annoying character, so far not bad.
Nov 28, 2008 4:57 PM
Aug 2008
Is it just me but the scene were Yuki is with Kaname and she then sucks his blood, that was effing sexy!
Omg I was slightly disturbed but excited at the same time...omg I'm going to hell lol
And Zero...sheesh I know your surprised and all but Yuki was freaking asleep!
She didn't know she was a damn vampire! Way to go Zero! Your so loyal!
Nov 28, 2008 5:25 PM
Aug 2008
ingdotcorp said:
It seemed quite dramatic.
The Kaname/Yuuki thing was just a tad bit creepy, though. It's cool that we got to see Rima in action, as she's one of my favorite characters from this. ^.^ It's nice that Shiki got a little control back too.
Kind of sad though, that Zero was pointing that gun at Yuuki, though I understand why he did that.

Enlighten me...why did he do that? I thought he would understand...of all people I thought he would truly understand.
Nov 28, 2008 5:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Interesting that I watched ep. 8 without watching the first 7....(skipped because of bad experience with season 1) But now things are picking up!

Intense episode and surprisingly well done!! I would this episode is nearly on par with the manga version....

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 28, 2008 6:33 PM
Apr 2008
got a feeling im not gunna like the end if i think its gunna go how i assume it is .
i just want zero to shoot her ...seriously ...just do it
awesome series
Nov 28, 2008 10:00 PM

Apr 2008
I don't think it really matters with vampires if they marry their own siblings. I mean, if they were humans it would be another story but Kaname even said in the episode about how purebloods marry their own siblings all the time. I think if they were going to have messed up kids the whole family would be already.
Nov 28, 2008 11:15 PM

Nov 2008
I really hated this episode. I hated this part in the manga and I hate this one in the anime. First of I hated this incest crap! Like I said in #7 I ain't buying this crap of being vampire=to being beasts=to incest relations. No sorry even if this whole thing is believed to be a curse of GOD, so I read from the real books of vampires here and there since this anime got me interested.

In any case there is not way I will accept Yuuki x Kaname. NO WAY! I still hope for Yuukix Zero but NO! I think now everyone dies including Zero self destroying at the end. I wish Zero would shoot Yuuki since now that gun will work.

Yuuki........T_T Now you are a vampire shit! Should have been better being human! Damn all this vampire crap! I realy never wanted Yuuki to become vampire.

No more comments and I am looking forward to how Zero will handle this. They better make that fight at the end of this season. SPECTACULAR!

Some pic comments:

1. What have you done to my Yuuki!
2. Zero...Please shoot Yuuki and all the vampires for all sakes

slayer545-samaNov 28, 2008 11:22 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 29, 2008 2:06 AM
Apr 2008
I think Yuuki is a much better chara right now... before I disliked her but now she´s strong, stylish and has long hair *_* She´s so much better than before!

And now I dislike Zero... I think he´s in the way.

Shiiki (not the other new "Shiki" with different eye colors) is a nice chara as well! And Rima *_*

But the new Yuuki is quite nice... and even if you all want Zero to shoot Yuuki.... he won´t do it :D
Nov 29, 2008 5:40 AM

Nov 2008
Maurice said:
1 - Kaname is still my hero.
2 - Vampire Yuki wins.
3 - Hmmm maybe Zero shoots, But he misses because his aim sucks =O

@slayer545

Yeah I know but it would have been better for her to remain a human. Now her mom's sacrifice was for nothing! That's really great (sarcastic) when that mother used her life for that spell to work. What a waste I might add
Nov 29, 2008 6:02 AM

Mar 2008
wow what is this? is it - can it possibly be - that thing called PROGRESS??? *extremely surprised*
ABOUT TIME TOO!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2008 9:48 AM

Jun 2008
I loved this episode, but I still hope for Yuuki x Zero T_T And I think he won´t shoot her anyway. i hope so >.<
Nov 29, 2008 11:24 AM

Jul 2008
I do agree that the Kaname and Yuuki story was a bit... disturbing, in ways. P;
I felt bad for Yuuki. Must of been horrible to see those flashbacks.

I was happy to see Rima in action; she's one of my favorites. I want to see more of her later on.
I'm also happy that Ruka is over Kaname, well, kind of sort of over him. x3
She doesn't seem worthless now. :D

I really hope Zero doesn't shoot Yuuki. I'll be pissed if he does.
[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Nov 29, 2008 12:16 PM
Dec 2007
Okay, good development there. I'm waiting for the Yuki/Zero meeting next ep to say if this development is actually good or not. But at least we're making progress here (unlike season 1), and that, by itself, is a good thing.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 29, 2008 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
1. I appreciate the Harry Potter-ness of the sacrifice <sarcasm>
2. Vampire Yuki is a long awaited upgrade (I don't think I could stand another episode of whiny, crybaby, weak Yuki).
3. Ruka needs to die.
4. Why is Zero pointing the gun? Yuki was already a vampire...there should be a crisis of conscience.
5. The show overall is still pretty lame and predictable.
Nov 29, 2008 1:46 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
1. I appreciate the Harry Potter-ness of the sacrifice <sarcasm>
2. Vampire Yuki is a long awaited upgrade (I don't think I could stand another episode of whiny, crybaby, weak Yuki).
3. Ruka needs to die.
4. Why is Zero pointing the gun? Yuki was already a vampire...there should be a crisis of conscience.
5. The show overall is still pretty lame and predictable.

Oh nice last comment! So Zero should Yuuki and all vampires then himself. Right?
noteDhero your comments are great! Much LOL! :D
Nov 29, 2008 3:02 PM
Aug 2008
YAY!!! Yuki is a vampire! I've been waiting for this for so long.......I thought whe was human, and I hoped that kaname would make her into a vampire but there is no need for that now!
she is already a pureblood...hehehe
this is getting interesting.
i still want kaname and yuki to end up together, after all, they are purebloods.....i think zero is so lame.
i love kaname. i don't care if he and yuki are siblings. it doesn't matter.....because they are vampires, they are not human.
can't wait to see the next episode omg :D :D :D
Nov 29, 2008 3:30 PM

Jun 2007
Yay for Progress!

I think im more worried about Shiki, his body and Rima than Yuki's problems -_-
That doesnt mean its not interesting thou, less whiney Yuki is always a good thing.

I never hated Zero but now im starting to change my mind.
Nov 29, 2008 7:48 PM

Jun 2007
slayer545 said:
Maurice said:
2 - Vampire Yuki wins.

@slayer545

Yeah I know but it would have been better for her to remain a human. Now her mom's sacrifice was for nothing! That's really great (sarcastic) when that mother used her life for that spell to work. What a waste I might add

The spell her mother used on her was only meant to last 10 years (like the rose). Kaname only helped her with the pain before she started going nuts wile turning into a vampire again. He didn't force anything on her at all.

As for Zero shooting, I don't think he knows who's behind the door. His senses aren't as good as real vampires so all he can do is tell that theirs someone behind the door that's most likely a vampire.
Nov 29, 2008 9:57 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
slayer545 said:
Maurice said:
2 - Vampire Yuki wins.

@slayer545

The spell her mother used on her was only meant to last 10 years (like the rose). Kaname only helped her with the pain before she started going nuts wile turning into a vampire again. He didn't force anything on her at all.

As for Zero shooting, I don't think he knows who's behind the door. His senses aren't as good as real vampires so all he can do is tell that theirs someone behind the door that's most likely a vampire.

Then why would he point at her and Kaname at the end of episode 7? Surely with saying something like "I only see vampires" would mean a total hate for anyone to be one that becomes a vampire. I know that much from the series. I wonder if he is willing to let himself be killed by Yuuki now that she is a vampire?
Nov 29, 2008 10:41 PM

Sep 2008
uoo.. near of the end...
Nov 30, 2008 3:50 AM

Aug 2007
Nice episode. The past returning to Yuuki didn't actually surprise me. Her ''transformation'' is pretty cool: long hair ánd she got an attitude, for example when she commands Cain and Aido. Revival of the vampire women: Rima and Yuuki! Well, Rima was not revived, but it was awesome to see her fighting even if she knows that she's a model and that it could ruin her career, vampire or not. Finally, progress. I'm looking forward to see an awesome Kaien Cross.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Nov 30, 2008 8:41 AM

Oct 2008

anoo I Got a QUESTION :

Zero needed some purebloods blood to get better not to fall to level e right? So why didnt he became better after drining Yuukis blood? apperently she was also a pure blood
why did he became better only after drinking Kaname's ?? i couldnt understand that part.. can someone explain

hehe sorry to ask this but.. i missed something i guess?
Reiya-Nov 30, 2008 9:06 AM
Nov 30, 2008 9:04 AM

Jun 2007
I didn't expect this show to get more interesting again.

The story is picking up quite a bit and we got to see some nice things like Yuki with long hair, which makes her look much more like a vampire know.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 30, 2008 12:50 PM

Aug 2007
Reiya- said:

anoo I Got a QUESTION :

Zero needed some purebloods blood to get better not to fall to level e right? So why didnt he became better after drining Yuukis blood? apperently she was also a pure blood
why did he became better only after drinking Kaname's ?? i couldnt understand that part.. can someone explain

hehe sorry to ask this but.. i missed something i guess?
Perhaps that her blood was ''human'' at that time, as she wasn't awakened as a vampire yet.

@Mathes: I don't expect much more, but there at least has got to come one more awesome scene...
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Nov 30, 2008 2:41 PM

Jun 2007
slayer545 said:
DeathfireD said:
slayer545 said:
Maurice said:
2 - Vampire Yuki wins.

@slayer545

Then why would he point at her and Kaname at the end of episode 7? Surely with saying something like "I only see vampires" would mean a total hate for anyone to be one that becomes a vampire. I know that much from the series. I wonder if he is willing to let himself be killed by Yuuki now that she is a vampire?

Did you forget he pointed the gun at Kaname and Yuuki jumped in front? He never intended on pointing it at her to begin with.
Nov 30, 2008 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
slayer545 said:
DeathfireD said:
slayer545 said:
Maurice said:
2 - Vampire Yuki wins.

@slayer545

Did you forget he pointed the gun at Kaname and Yuuki jumped in front? He never intended on pointing it at her to begin with.

Yet he did say after before Yuuki jumped "The presence of two vampires" and he knew Kaname turned Yuuki into a vampire. So he was ready to shoot them but Kaname said they are brother and sisters after Yuuki said this. So I think he was going to shoot them he just got too shocked from the truth.
Nov 30, 2008 4:30 PM

Aug 2008
Rima in combat was pretty cool. Lots of plot things going on now. Zero seems a little pissed at the end though.
Nov 30, 2008 6:47 PM

Oct 2008
Oyeah Yuuki's got new kick butt pureblood powers :] I liked when she destroyed the wall

oooo I'm so excited for Rido, 'cause he's so awesome lol
This next arc is gonna' be awesome!
Kaname finally brought out the awesome coat :]
And Zero's a cruel bastard and I hate him
Dec 1, 2008 3:40 PM

Nov 2007
Story progression is going quite fast O_O, I think I like this new Yuki more ^^ I wonder what's in the coffin Ichiru's standing over =/ woah chairman is gathering his resolve =O next episode is going to be great too :3
CrimsonwillDec 1, 2008 4:48 PM
Dec 1, 2008 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
Eep, incest!

I still can't decide if I like Zero or Kaname.
I'm pretty much starting to hate them both.

Anyway, good episode. Rima was good, Shiki getting some self-control was good, long-haired Yuuki screws up my cosplay...nice development here.
Dec 2, 2008 4:29 PM
Aug 2008
I really enjoy this anime. :)

Strange though that since Yuuki has become a vampire I'm not really interested in the love triangle anymore. Feels to be more about action at this point. Kill the bad vampire and... end up in ... I don't know what type of world.

It's strange because the love story was what I liked so much about the series bwaha haha :( hummff... you don't need to go out with your brother, he already shares your blood ... AHHHHWweWwwww But she wouldn't go out with Zero now, it wouldn't make sense. Zero must feel so betrayed by life O_o... or maybe will he think that becoming a vampire was a good thing because now he can stick with Yuuki for a long... long long time (that is if Kaname lets it happen) :)

Dec 2, 2008 5:10 PM

Jun 2008
PROGRESS! Great ep...
Dec 8, 2008 5:03 AM

May 2008
I liked Yuuki in this episode. She was cool, but Kaname-senpai * fangirl mode on*
Dec 8, 2008 5:17 PM

Jul 2008
exciting episode~
suspence coming!!
Dec 10, 2008 7:53 AM

Nov 2007
shoot her zero! LOL
Dec 18, 2008 12:36 PM

Dec 2008
Yeah we finally get to she Rima fight (Too bad Rido is so horrible that he even cuts a models face, then again vampire have good healing). Shiki regains consciousness was great too, the end is a good cliffhanger for those who don't know what's going to happen next (Zero points the gun to whoever is on the other side of the door. Whether he knows it's Yuuki or not, you decide). Great episode overall, although there were some parts that were a little less than I expected.
Dec 28, 2008 12:49 AM

Jan 2008
Yay! Yuuki can see through doors. lol. XP
Yuuki looks so much better with long hair. XD
Jan 3, 2009 5:57 PM

Jun 2008
this is getting really interesting... hmmm... yuuki pureblood vampire?
Jan 11, 2009 8:44 AM

Nov 2007
SHIKI~ COME BACK~ X.

that episode was SUPAH intense =D

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 29, 2008

242 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 11, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 12 Discussion

lonehunter88 - Dec 22, 2008

46 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 16, 2008

56 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lolz123 - Dec 10, 2008

50 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 9 Discussion

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 1, 2008

45 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.